/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How did Allah create the universe?

afriend
05-22-2006, 07:03 PM
This christian missionary approaches me today, and poses a few questions, says how did Allah creat the universe?

And also, how many days did he create it in?

Please may I have some answers, he's probably thinking, this guy isn't goin 2 phone me back.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
primitivefuture
05-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Christians think that God created the universe in 7 days.

afriend
05-22-2006, 07:11 PM
yeah, I know that, but need answers from an Islamic point of view.

primitivefuture
05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
http://islam.about.com/od/creation/a/creation.htm

This answers it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
:sl:

He created the dunya in 6 days. Sorry that's about all I know.

primitivefuture
05-22-2006, 07:17 PM
The link I posted perhaps has everything you need to know.

Fishman
05-22-2006, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
This christian missionary approaches me today, and poses a few questions, says how did Allah creat the universe?

And also, how many days did he create it in?

Please may I have some answers, he's probably thinking, this guy isn't goin 2 phone me back.
Allah created the universe in six days. Some say these are literal days, based on Hadith, but others( including me, many scholars and most Muslim scientists) reject these Hadith as fabricated, (but we NEVER reject all Hadith, as that is the mistake of the 'Submitters') and say that they are periods of time, based on scientific knowledge.
The Christian missionary probably thinks that there is a contradiction in the number of days. There isn't, you should look on Islamic-Awareness or some other site about disproving their claims.

As for the creation of the universe, Allah says that the Earth was created in four days, and then the Heavens in two. People often claim that there is a 'scientifc miracle' about the way the Heaven is described as 'smoke', but if you interpret the smoke as the gas at the beginning of the universe, then the order of creation contradicts well-established science. I interpret these verses as reffering to the creation of the solar system, rather than the whole universe. The order of the creation of the Earth in the solar system according to science is:

1. Earth is formed
2. The Earth gets large enough to hold on to an atmosphere, and sweeps up gas (refered to as smoke in the Quran) in space.

The creation of the solar system completes the formation of the seven heavens, as according to my interpretation, the solar system is the lowest heaven.

The Quran also says that the heavens are expanding, and were once 'ripped asunder'. This may be referring to the big bang.
And Allah knows best!
:w:

Goku
05-22-2006, 07:20 PM
6 Days I believe, and he didnt need to rest at all, unlike the Christian perspective.

root
05-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Allah created the universe in six days. Some say these are literal days, based on Hadith, but others( including me, many scholars and most Muslim scientists) reject these Hadith as fabricated, (but we NEVER reject all Hadith, as that is the mistake of the 'Submitters') and say that they are periods of time, based on scientific knowledge.
The Christian missionary probably thinks that there is a contradiction in the number of days. There isn't, you should look on Islamic-Awareness or some other site about disproving their claims.
So we establish that the Hadiths in question (the one's you do not like) are "fabricated" which begs the question how many others exist that have not been exposed. Additionally, 6 days or 8 days has still not been resolved to everyones satisfaction within Islam.

As for the creation of the universe, Allah says that the Earth was created in four days, and then the Heavens in two. People often claim that there is a 'scientifc miracle' about the way the Heaven is described as 'smoke', but if you interpret the smoke as the gas at the beginning of the universe,
The theory of the big bang proposes quantum fluctuations as the staring point of our universe. No "smoke" would have been present until further on down the chain of events.

then the order of creation contradicts well-established science. I interpret these verses as reffering to the creation of the solar system, rather than the whole universe. The order of the creation of the Earth in the solar system according to science is:
More controversy and disagreements within Islam.

1. Earth is formed
2. The Earth gets large enough to hold on to an atmosphere, and sweeps up gas (refered to as smoke in the Quran) in space.
This is not how science suggest the solar system came to be nor how the earth formed. the hot dense "smoke" at the centre of the solar system heated up and this mechanism formed the sun in which was born with quite a large bang, this foce pushed the lighter elements gas or "smoke" as you call it outwards while the heavier more dense material remained closer hence why outer planets are gas bags and inner are rocky. After the formation of the sun, the planets of our solar system started to form and for earth this period is known as "the great bombardment", many more planets existed in our early solar system all known as proto planets, planets in early formation. two young protoplanets collided (one was called earth). the two planets collided at this early stage combinging mass and the moon was formed. heavy elements like Iron were too dense to escape the proto planet and this is why the moon has no iron.

(this was a rough guide)

The creation of the solar system completes the formation of the seven heavens, as according to my interpretation, the solar system is the lowest heaven.
More controversy given that the seven layers are of atmospheric levels of the earth as described by many muslims

The Quran also says that the heavens are expanding, and were once 'ripped asunder'. This may be referring to the big bang.
And Allah knows best!
At least one issue seems simple enough.

Fishman
05-22-2006, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
This is not how science suggest the solar system came to be nor how the earth formed. the hot dense "smoke" at the centre of the solar system heated up and this mechanism formed the sun in which was born with quite a large bang, this foce pushed the lighter elements gas or "smoke" as you call it outwards while the heavier more dense material remained closer hence why outer planets are gas bags and inner are rocky. After the formation of the sun, the planets of our solar system started to form and for earth this period is known as "the great bombardment", many more planets existed in our early solar system all known as proto planets, planets in early formation. two young protoplanets collided (one was called earth). the two planets collided at this early stage combinging mass and the moon was formed. heavy elements like Iron were too dense to escape the proto planet and this is why the moon has no iron.
Some of those hadith are also talking about the human perspective of things. I hope to ask someone knowledgable about this subject. There is a page about this at http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/03/02.shtml

The gas at the start of the universe is the subatomic 'zoo' of radiation. The early universe was full of thick 'fog'. I was not claiming that gasses caused the big bang.

You did not mention how atmospheres form in this passage, you just talked about where the smoke came from, and some other stuff. Also, the centres of the gas planets (below the seas of metalic gas) are made of solid rock and metal. Jupiter's core is the size of the Earth. Such large gas layers were kept away from the inner planets by the the solar wind.

I did not include most of the information you talked about here because it is not really needed. But, if you insist, I will write a better version:
1. The sun pushes lighter elements out from the centre, leaving the heavier ones in the middle. An acretion disk forms around the sun.
2. The heavier elements accrete into rocky dust.
3. The rocky dust acretes into larger bodies, such as planetoids.
4. The Earth reaches a size large enough to hold an atmosphere.
5.The Earth's atmosphere begins to accumulate.
6 The atmosphere reaches the largest size allowed by the then furious solar wind, and gas in the inner solar system is used up.

See, six periods. You could say the first four were when the Earth was formed, and the last two were when the 'heavens' (which were gas, or smoke) and the Earth were coming together.

afriend
05-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Jazak'Allah khair everybody!

Abdullah4ever
05-22-2006, 08:49 PM

right now i can asnwer how many dies he cretied it

57: 4. HE it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods, then HE settled Himself on the Throne. HE knows what enters the earth and what comes out of it, and what comes down from the heaven and what goes up into it. And HE is with you wheresoever you may be. And ALLAH sees all that you do

root
05-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry guys & gals.

I never noticed this thread was in "Basics of Islam" and I don't usually post here. I will bow out graciously.

Apologies

al-fateh
05-22-2006, 09:30 PM

”We are to notify in the very beginning that the six days in which the earth was created are totally different from our normal days. The simple evidence for this is that our normal days have been created after creating the heavens and earth.

Allah says in the Qur’an: “Say: Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in two Days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds. He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measure therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in four Days, in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (Sustenance).”(Fussilat:9-10)

These six days may be referring to six spans of time that are known to Almighty Allah alone or six periods that has nothing to do with the solar system or to six stages that has elapsed and with whose length we are not acquainted.

As for why Allah has created the heavens and the earth in six days while He was able to create them in one second or even less, we are to know that Almighty Allah is Omnipotent and whenever He wants something He just says to “Be” and it is. Allah says in the Qur’an: “And Our word unto a thing, when We intend it, is only that We say unto it: Be! and it is.”(An-Nahl:40)

Here it may be suitable to say that the Divine Wisdom behind this may be to teach people not to be hasty or in a rush but to be patient and to consider every matter before doing it.”

Allah Almighty knows best.

afriend
05-22-2006, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Sorry guys & gals.

I never noticed this thread was in "Basics of Islam" and I don't usually post here. I will bow out graciously.

Apologies
LOL no problem.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.