/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reward in reciting nasheeds?

Isaac
05-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Salam all. I was wondering if the more learnt brothers and sisters then me can shed some light on a discussion i was having regarding nasheeds. the discussion was based around 2 aspects - are nasheeds acceptable in regards to as did the sahaba ever compile or put together nasheeds. To note nasheeds as not cmpared to poetry. the second aspect is there reward for those who recite nasheeds. My view onthe second apsect would be yes, seeing that f for example you are prasing allah, islam and his prohet then surely allah will reward you for this action. i hope brothers and sisters kind understand what im on about.

Jazakallah

Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
:sl:

I don't think there is any but I'm not sure, Reward is best looked for in the Quran and other knowladge.

Isaac
05-22-2006, 08:03 PM
and the third aspect to the discussion is that if tehre is no reward, why would people recite nasheeds, organise nasheed functions, concerts ect, aprt from rasing money.

BlissfullyJaded
05-22-2006, 08:03 PM

Nasheeds are good, and do help in the rememberance of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) and His Rasul (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam). But they have their place and time. For example, when Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) entered Madeenah, the children sang Taala aal badru alayna out of happiness, and I believe during the digging of the trench they would sing to lighten the mood. :)

• The way of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) was to pay particular attention to the Qur’aan and Sunnah, memorizing it, studying it and acting upon it. Along with that they also had nasheeds and chants which they would recite, such as when digging the ditch and building mosques, and when travelling for jihad, and on other such occasions, without making that their habit or focusing all their attention on it; it was simply something with which they would relax occasionally or stir their emotions.
    Source

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
05-22-2006, 08:05 PM

^I agree, but I shocked at the amount of nesheed artists there are, if we had this amount of scholars the ummah would be better of.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.