/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What beginning of Surah's effect your feelings deeply?

al-fateh
05-22-2006, 08:06 PM
What beginning of Surah's effect your feelings deeply?

sometimes when i listen to the Quran or read it, some of the openings of certain Surah's leave a great feeling in my heart, and sprays my body with goose bumps...

do you have any beginning of any surah that makes u fel like this?

here are some of mine

021.001YUSUFALI: Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away.

009.001YUSUFALI: A (declaration) of immunity from Allah and His Messenger, to those of the Pagans with whom ye have contracted mutual alliances:-

035.001YUSUFALI: Praise be to Allah, Who created (out of nothing) the heavens and the earth, Who made the angels, messengers with wings,- two, or three, or four (pairs): He adds to Creation as He pleases: for Allah has power over all things.

036.001YUSUFALI: Ya Sin.
036.002YUSUFALI: By the Qur'an, full of Wisdom,-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdulHaq
05-22-2006, 11:20 PM
:sl:

Here are a couple openers that always catch my attention:

AL-BAQARA
1. Alif. Lam. Mim.
2. This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah;

AL-HAAQQA
1. The Sure Reality!
2. What is the Sure Reality?
3. And what will make thee realise what the Sure Reality is?

al-fateh
05-23-2006, 01:51 PM
yeah these area catching no doubt!!!

anyone else??

IceQueen~
05-23-2006, 01:53 PM
i love surah rahman...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al-fateh
05-23-2006, 01:57 PM
the beginning of the surah?

IceQueen~
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
the whole surah grips you from beg. to end..-once you start you have to finish

al-fateh
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
yeah ur right....

al-fateh
05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
YUSUFALI: A.L.M.
PICKTHAL: Alif. Lam. Mim.
SHAKIR: Alif Lam Mim.

YUSUFALI: Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?
PICKTHAL: Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction?
SHAKIR: Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried?

Sohrab
05-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Noon. By the pen and what it writes

Qaaf, by the quran, full of guidence

Alam Nashrah Laka Sadrak

Iqra Bismi rabbikallazee khalaq

All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, Who has sent down to His slave (Muhammad ) the Book (the Qur'ân), and has not placed therein any crookedness.

Blessed be He Who sent down the criterion (of right and wrong, i.e. this Qur'ân) to His slave (Muhammad ) that he may be a warner to the 'Alamîn (mankind and jinns).

Glorified be He Who carried His servant by night from the Inviolable Place of Worship to the Far distant place of worship the neighbourhood whereof We have blessed, that We might show him of Our tokens! Lo! He, only He, is the Hearer, the Seer.

Wannajme iza hawa...

.....there are so many of these beginings...may be a thread should be devoted to the ends of the suras as well, and to what captures you within the suras. Translations can never express what is contained in Quran's Ayaat. Quran is a miracle in itself. May Allah give us all tofeeq to understand and follow it.

Sohrab
05-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Sorry about the second Ayah, it's

Qaaf, by the Glorious Quran

the other one goes like this....

Saad, by the quran, full of guidance

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.