/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination

Panatella
05-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Why are we supposed to care about the opinions of the West?
They discriminate because we're Muslim.
I will use this statement from another person to start my thread.
We see alot of posts mentioning discrimination on the forum, usually completely off topic. So. I have started a thread where it is the topic.
Feel free to post an example, but please follow the forum rules, and a few rules for this thread.

Please, this is not a debate/flame/beef thread, provide your example and non-bigotted comment. Nothing more.

1. As always, provide sources/ links.

2. No commenting on other posts, please.

3. If you provide more than one example, the second must be an example of discrimination against a different group - not two in the row of the same. (example: first- discrimination against youth, second - cannot be about youth, third - can be about youth again)

4. No anti-anything site links. Meaning anti-muslim, anti-christian, anti-hindu, anti-Israeli, anti-whale hunting, anti-peanut butter or any anti-anything.

---------------------------------------------

I will provide as my first example, the discrimination against Christians in Egypt.

http://www.commongroundnews.org/arti...?sid=1&id=1307

My second example involves 'Bally Total Fitness' a fitness franchise and a Sikh seeking employment.

http://chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=20467

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MRR
05-23-2006, 04:33 AM
http://www.bahai.org/dir/worldwide/persecution

The bahai persecution in Iran.

A few words from the linked website.
"In June 1983, for example, the Iranian authorities arrested ten Bahá’í women and girls. The charge against them: teaching children’s classes on the Bahá’í Faith — the equivalent of Sunday school in the West.

The women were subjected to intense physical and mental abuse in an effort to coerce them to recant their Faith — an option that is always pressed on Bahá’í prisoners. Yet, like most Bahá’ís who were arrested in Iran, they refused to deny their beliefs. As a result, they were executed."

Halima
05-24-2006, 08:04 PM
:sl:

If you have a problem with a situation or a member in particular please handle this through P.M

Jazkahallah Khair in advance

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.