/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Florida Muslims

Barzakh
05-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Salam,

:brother:

Just wondering how many of you are from Florida, its good to know Muslims in your community and neighbouring communities so we can keep up with any local activites or events Inshallah.

I am from Tampa myself.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al-fateh
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Miami FL

A.P
05-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Fl.

primitivefuture
05-22-2006, 09:17 PM
I am from West Palm Beach, FL.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Barzakh
05-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Salam any of you attending the Ijtima in Orlando this weekend?

Skillganon
05-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Assalamu Alaikum, one day I will visit America, maybe visit Florida too, inshallah, if I can get pass the security check.

Halima
05-22-2006, 11:13 PM
:sl:

I live in Florida and alhamdulilah there are alot of communties that arise here. Florida is mostly a resting place for old, retired people.

Daytona Beach, the city that I live in has it's own attractions, all of which I am not quite fond of..however, there is the beauty of nature and its preserves.

Unlike other bigger cities like Tampa for instance has its many attractions. My brother lives in Tampa and goes to USF..he's studying pre-med alhamdulilah. :sister:

:w:

Barzakh
05-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Oh really? I might know him whats his name?(your brother)

Halima
05-23-2006, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Barzakh
Oh really? I might know him whats his name?(your brother)
Mohammed...erm..why did u go to USF?

Barzakh
05-23-2006, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Mohammed..erm why..did u go to usf?
I did for a bit but i know most of the Muslim guys that go there its like 15 minutes from my house.

Barzakh
05-24-2006, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Mohammed...erm..why did u go to USF?
hmm Mohammed yea ofcourse i know him, all 15 of them, sheesh does the man have a last name?

Hawa
05-24-2006, 03:46 AM
hmm Mohammed yea ofcourse i know him, all 15 of them, sheesh does the man have a last name?

must you be rude?

Halima
05-24-2006, 04:01 AM
yeah, be rude why don't ya! :p

because of confidential reasons I am not gonna reveal his last name to one-third of the population out there. That's like open doors for any hackers out there..anyways, the first letter of his last name is J.

Please see our thread based on net precautions it just might be of some sort of help.

*charisma*
05-24-2006, 04:11 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

^^loooooool hally

anyhoo, welcome to the forums ekhi, Inshallah you will enjoy your stay here...ignore the crazy members (they like to be referred to as 'unique')

j/k

may allah guide us and fill our minds with knowledge and wisdom ameen!

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Muezzin
05-24-2006, 02:08 PM
I went on holiday to Florida once (Orlando, then Kissimmee). Nice places. The burgers are huge!

al-fateh
05-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Orlando is not really "Disney Land" or "universal Studios" like most people think

u should try going around the suburbs of Orlando, gays and lesbians are every where on the streets.

try OBT and Colonial Dr, its disgusting over there.

Barzakh
05-24-2006, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh
Orlando is not really "Disney Land" or "universal Studios" like most people think

u should try going around the suburbs of Orlando, gays and lesbians are every where on the streets.

try OBT and Colonial Dr, its disgusting over there.
Yea true.

Muezzin- lol i didnt know burgers in Orlando were bigger then your average burger.

Charisma-Jazakallah khair ukhti, nice to meet you as well.

Hawa- Rude? sheesh arent we sensitive today, i was just joking.

Halima- Point noted and understood and sorry if in some really wierd way i offended you, i was merely joking.

Muezzin
05-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Yea true.

Muezzin- lol i didnt know burgers in Orlando were bigger then your average burger.
I'm from the UK. The whole 'Supersize' thing didn't really take off here. ;)

amirah_87
05-25-2006, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I'm from the UK. The whole 'Supersize' thing didn't really take off here. ;)
hahahahaaaa......thats true , u guys supersize does'nt even exist down here , our large is like the same size as one of your smalls...lol

u guys are lucky livin' in those sunny places with beaches though .... in london the closest we get to a beach/ocean is the murky , disgustin' river thames..
but isn't it scary havin' those hurricane and all those natrual disaster so close 2 u guys ??????

Mawaddah
05-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm in the Bahamas which is quite close to Florida, and Since Sis Amirah mentioned hurricanes, I have to say that it's become just like a norm for people living over here I guess. It's hurricane season now actually.....when the storms come we just board up the homes and play camping inside with candles lol. It's quite fun sometimes Amirah, wanna join us? lol

But yep!! the sun and beach sure are something to be grateful for masha'allah

amirah_87
05-25-2006, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ I'm not from Florida so I shouldn't have a say in this thread, but I'm in the Bahamas which is quite close to Florida, and Since Sis Amirah mentioned hurricanes, I have to say that it's become just like a norm for people living over here I guess. It's hurricane season now actually.....when the storms come we just board up the homes and play camping inside with candles lol.

But yep!! the sun and beach sure are something to be grateful for masha'allah
Pretty scary though , but i guess u gotta pay the price for livin in somewhere beautiful..;D
London's not exotic or tropical ...but we don't get any natrual disasters..so alhamdulillah alls good!!

Barzakh
05-25-2006, 10:56 PM
So anyone attending the ijtima in Orlando?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.