PDA

View Full Version : Questions asked by Non-muslims



SafwaSamMarwa
05-23-2006, 01:27 AM
As salam alaikum,
My queston is:Wat's the most stupid or silliest question a non muslim has asked u about Islam? And wat was ur response?

The 2 most stupid questions I've recieved are "do u take showers with that[hijab] on?" and "Do u wear a wig under there?":giggling: I always answered no without any other witty comment.

So share ur silly questions with me plz. Shukran


As salam alaikum
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
05-23-2006, 01:35 AM
During Ramadhan... when u break fast... do u eat all nite long... until u sleep because overeating?:giggling:
Reply

Safa
05-23-2006, 01:47 AM
:sl:

There have a been a couple.

"Do you shower with that thing on?"

"Do you ever take it off?"

"Do you sleep with that thing on?"

"Do you wear that thing for political, social reasons or something?"

" :ooh: your English is so good!"


While making wudu in a public bathroom a lady there asks,

"Are you homeless?"

That's a new one.

:w:
Reply

Skillganon
05-23-2006, 01:50 AM
I thought the common one is "why you muslim are Terrorist?"

myself did not get any direct question, (here in England)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
syilla
05-23-2006, 01:53 AM
why do u worship the wall?;D
Reply

Skillganon
05-23-2006, 02:01 AM
another one I heard, is "why do you kiss the floor?"
Reply

A.P
05-23-2006, 02:06 AM
are you a ninja ?
do you sleep with that thing on too?
Reply

Skillganon
05-23-2006, 02:10 AM
another one is, "why do you bang your head on the floor? don't you get brain damaged?"
Reply

firdaw
05-23-2006, 03:13 AM
one question why you were that thing on your head?
Do you take of when you are home?
Do you have a hair under there?
Reply

Shadow
05-23-2006, 03:15 AM
I was asked this question by a classmate of mine:
"Are you a moslem or an islam?"
Reply

Skillganon
05-23-2006, 03:24 AM
Another one you might heard is "why do you worship a black box?"
Reply

Woodrow
05-23-2006, 03:26 AM
How come you speak English?
Reply

Halima
05-23-2006, 03:32 AM
:sl:

Are you related to a nun?..loq

:w:
Reply

Hawa
05-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by Shadow
I was asked this question by a classmate of mine:
"Are you a moslem or an islam?"
^^^ ;D
Ive been asked plenty, just cant seem to remember any..
Reply

north_malaysian
05-23-2006, 03:44 AM
Lots of questions like:

1) In Ramadhan and it's raining, can u drink the rain drops which fall into your mouth unintentionally? (AS IF WE OPEN OUR MOUTH TOWARDS THE SKY WHEN IT's RAINING):exhausted

2) Why dont u eat in a Chinese Restaurants, u can avoid eating the pork but the chicken are good.

3) Circumcision - Did they cut 'it' into half or quarter of it?:exhausted

4) Why dont you weep in burial service?

5) Can Non Muslim touch a kuffiyah (skullcap) :brother:
Reply

*Hana*
05-23-2006, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by Halima
:sl:

Are you related to a nun?..loq

:w:
Salam Alaikum:

Ok this one struck me funny because I really am related to a nun. :giggling: I just wonder what would happen if I were asked that and then answered truthfully with "yes". ;D

wasalam,
Hana
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 03:49 AM
i remember in the supermarket... there is one chinese girl ask us to buy pork ( i think it is ham)...

she kept saying... please buy... it is halal...we slaughter it according to islam.

We just ignore her but could not stop laughing .. hehe...
Reply

Skillganon
05-23-2006, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
i remember in the supermarket... there is one chinese girl ask us to buy pork ( i think it is ham)...

she kept saying... please buy... it is halal...we slaughter it according to islam.

We just ignore her but could not stop laughing .. hehe...
Next time instead of laughing it would of been a good opportunity to give Dawah to her, be productive.
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 03:54 AM
i think she knew... she just want us to buy her product...(it is in the non-halal sections)

most of the supermarket here in malaysia they will put non-halal for pork products...
Reply

Skillganon
05-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
i think she knew... she just want us to buy her product...(it is in the non-halal sections)

most of the supermarket here in malaysia they will put non-halal for pork products...
Oh, I did not know, I live in england, so my halal meat is brought from a halal butcher's, will less likely to by from a supermarket, cannot trust them. Sometime what they do is kill the animal by stunning it, than they perform the slitting of the throat (like the Islamic way), supposedly it is halal now. I heard stuff like that happens. It scares me, some meat factory try to do that and pass their meat off as halal, so we have to be wary in england against such things.
Reply

north_malaysian
05-23-2006, 04:01 AM
In Malaysia - it's easy to spot halal goods. But is it really 'halal'? It's between the manufacturer and God. As far as we do, as long as they are 'halal' logo or certified halal we can use/eat them.

Sadly, hard to do this in Indonesia. A friend of mine went to Indonesia. He saw a Restaurant which display the calligraphy 'Bismillahirrahmanirahim' in front of the entrance. To his surprises, they served pork.
Reply

BlissfullyJaded
05-23-2006, 04:04 AM
:sl:

Them, in slow English: Do...you...feel...hot...with...that *points to the hijaab*...on?

Me..normal American accent: Nopes, why'd you think that? :?

Them: Uhmm..just curious. :statisfie *omg she speaks English like us!*

I can't remember the others...:statisfie

Although, I don't really mind that question or any question on hijaab/niqaab when it comes with genuine interest. Provided they don't think I'm stupid, I'll answer their question without sarcasm. (And when they ask without belittling, its not a stupid question.)
Reply

Halima
05-23-2006, 04:06 AM
:sl:

Originally Posted by North Malaysian
Sadly, hard to do this in Indonesia. A friend of mine went to Indonesia. He saw a Restaurant which display the calligraphy 'Bismillahirrahmanirahim' in front of the entrance. To his surprises, they served pork.
A good combat should be..why do YOU eat pork?...lol

as asked in this thread what a coincidence..

\http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...-eat-pork.html

:w:
Reply

*Hana*
05-23-2006, 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by Labibah
:sl:

Them, in slow English: Do...you...feel...hot...with...that *points to the hijaab*...on?

Me..normal American accent: Nopes, why'd you think that? :?

Them: Uhmm..just curious. :statisfie *omg she speaks English like us!*

I can't remember the others...:statisfie

Although, I don't really mind that question or any question on hijaab/niqaab when it comes with genuine interest. Provided they don't think I'm stupid, I'll answer their question without sarcasm. (And when they ask without belittling, its not a stupid question.)
Salam Alaikum:

LOOOOOL that's priceless. :giggling:

Wasalam,
Hana
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 04:07 AM
even some of the mamak restaurant that show many islamic calligraphy...

the workers and the owner are not muslims...

i do not know how they can get away with it...
Reply

Halima
05-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Salam Alaikum:

Ok this one struck me funny because I really am related to a nun. :giggling: I just wonder what would happen if I were asked that and then answered truthfully with "yes". ;D

wasalam,
Hana

hehehe it would be really a shame if they asked you that..because you would have to admit to it :giggling:

Another one they ask me is..

do you sweat?
Reply

Looking4Peace
05-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
During Ramadhan... when u break fast... do u eat all nite long... until u sleep because overeating?:giggling:
huh? :rollseyes, that makes no sense at all.
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 04:18 AM
huh? , that makes no sense at all.
my non-muslims classmates ask me that... hehe...

they tot we will be hungry and eat all nite long...
Reply

north_malaysian
05-23-2006, 04:30 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
even some of the mamak restaurant that show many islamic calligraphy...

the workers and the owner are not muslims...

i do not know how they can get away with it...
heard about it.

Mamak stalls can be VERY DIRTY too.:skeleton:
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 04:33 AM
Mamak stalls can be VERY DIRTY too.
but their business are booming... not like the malays...
Reply

north_malaysian
05-23-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
but their business are booming... not like the malays...
Of course

Mamak - 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Malay - when they feel they want to open, they would open. When they are lazy to do so they dont open.
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 04:39 AM
yeah... we always feel contented...
Reply

snakelegs
05-23-2006, 04:50 AM
this is a great thread. thanks for all the laughs!
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 04:54 AM
snakelegs...

i'm still not sure...

but if it true....

i just want to wish you congratulations...

may Allah show us the way...
Reply

muzna
05-23-2006, 05:15 AM
i have a funny question though it was asked by one muslim sister to another.
i wear hijab..in pakistan, i get asked 'are you a muslim?'a lot.
they even ask that from my friend who wears niqaab.
funny
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 05:38 AM
During the hari raya (aidilfitri or eid day)...

they will ask me... why so much fuss... why do u have to dress up and wake up early in the morning...
Reply

north_malaysian
05-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
this is a great thread. thanks for all the laughs!
Actually, when somebody aske stupid questions like this.. my face will be like this :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes
Reply

north_malaysian
05-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
During the hari raya (aidilfitri or eid day)...

they will ask me... why so much fuss... why do u have to dress up and wake up early in the morning...
Why people kissing hands and sobs in Eid Al Fitr?
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Why people kissing hands and sobs in Eid Al Fitr?
:giggling: :giggling:

that's why i love eiduladha...

to hug everyone and to ask forgiveness from everyone...
and start a new book...
Reply

Woodrow
05-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by muzna
i have a funny question though it was asked by one muslim sister to another.
i wear hijab..in pakistan, i get asked 'are you a muslim?'a lot.
they even ask that from my friend who wears niqaab.
funny
Might not be as funny as it first seems. I now several Christian women from Jordan and Lebanon. They wear both the hijab and the niqaab. What is funny is my Daughter wears the hijab but does not wear the niqaab, so when they go shopping together they are seen as being Muslim but my Daughter is thought to be Non-Muslim.
Reply

syilla
05-23-2006, 08:08 AM
can u drink during the fasting month?
Reply

SirZubair
05-23-2006, 08:10 AM
I got asked once "Why are these so many guys named Muhammed?"

So i replied "Why do you care?atleast 10 blow up a day.."
Reply

F.Y.
05-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
I got asked once "Why are these so many guys named Muhammed?"

So i replied "Why do you care?atleast 10 blow up a day.."
I dont know whether to laugh or cry. What you said is witty - but then its sad too - people dying.

Peace
Reply

Silver Pearl
05-23-2006, 12:50 PM
:wasalamex

What may seem ‘stupid’ in our eyes may differ to others. Don’t mock those who question us about our faith. Not everyone is blessed to being born as a Muslim. It is rude and not the sort of adab we should express as Muslims. So please do not make any provocative, inappropriate or offensive comments that could offend others.

Jizakallah khair
Reply

IceQueen~
05-23-2006, 12:53 PM
why do you wear a napkin on ur head?
Reply

Nicola
05-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
:wasalamex

What may seem ‘stupid’ in our eyes may differ to others. Don’t mock those who question us about our faith. Not everyone is blessed to being born as a Muslim. It is rude and not the sort of adab we should express as Muslims. So please do not make any provocative, inappropriate or offensive comments that could offend others.

Jizakallah khair
Thank you.
It is a very rude and childish thread.
Reply

Muhammad
05-23-2006, 02:14 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
What may seem ‘stupid’ in our eyes may differ to others. Don’t mock those who question us about our faith. Not everyone is blessed to being born as a Muslim. It is rude and not the sort of adab we should express as Muslims. So please do not make any provocative, inappropriate or offensive comments that could offend others.
Jizakallah khair
I think it is best this thread is closed, for the reasons outlined above. Non-Muslims may feel offended by reading it.

:threadclo

:w:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 10:21 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 07:18 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 07:08 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-25-2006, 01:39 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!