PDA

View Full Version : Whose Quranic Recitation Moves You?



QURBAN
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Peace To Those who follow the Guidance!

If this has been already posted in another thread, I would like to apologise to the moderators and the members, but I have done a search but could not find anything related-

So whose recitation and which Surah which verse of the holy Quran moves you/ brings tears to your eyes?

Mine is Ibraheem AlJibreen and his recitation of Surah Rahman which is simply breathtatking!

Never before have I heard anything so beautiful, the elegance of the recurring

"fabi ayyi alaai rabbikuma tukadhibaan”,
“and which of the favors of thy Lord will ye deny”

and from the same Surah verse 60 (55:60)

"Hal jazao al-ihsani illa al-ihsanu"
"Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?"


and verse 26 and 27 (55:26-27)

"Kullu man AAalayha fanin"
"All that is on earth will perish:"

"Wayabqa wajhu rabbika thoo aljalali waal-ikrami"
"But will abide (for ever) the Face of thy Lord,- full of Majesty, Bounty and Honour."


Also by Ibrahim AlJibreen Surah Qiyamat, Yasin, Dukhan, Haqq and Waqia are equally mind blowing!

Kind Regards

Qurban

:)

"Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, verily, thou wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah. Such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect."

Holy Quran 59:21
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
05-23-2006, 03:20 PM
I . LOVE . Al-Ghaamidy

He's the Absolute BEST

And then is Sheikh Mishary, I like his recitation of Surah Maryam which he does realllllllllllll slow, I can't recall which style of recitation that is though?
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by QURBAN
Peace To Those who follow the Guidance!

If this has been already posted in another thread, I would like to apologise to the moderators and the members, but I have done a search but could not find anything related-

So whose recitation and which Surah which verse of the holy Quran moves you/ brings tears to your eyes?

Mine is Ibraheem AlJibreen and his recitation of Surah Rahman which is simply breathtatking!

Never before have I heard anything so beautiful, the elegance of the recurring

"fabi ayyi alaai rabbikuma tukadhibaan”,
“and which of the favors of thy Lord will ye deny”

and from the same Surah verse 60 (55:60)

"Hal jazao al-ihsani illa al-ihsanu"
"Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?"


and verse 26 and 27 (55:26-27)

"Kullu man AAalayha fanin"
"All that is on earth will perish:"

"Wayabqa wajhu rabbika thoo aljalali waal-ikrami"
"But will abide (for ever) the Face of thy Lord,- full of Majesty, Bounty and Honour."


Also by Ibrahim AlJibreen Surah Qiyamat, Yasin, Dukhan, Haqq and Waqia are equally mind blowing!

Kind Regards

Qurban

:)

"Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, verily, thou wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah. Such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect."

Holy Quran 59:21
I have to agree with you on that. I also find sheikh Shuraim and sheikh sudais's recitations make me emotional. Has any one heard Sudais recite Surat al Qaf?*cries*
:w:
Reply

al-fateh
05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Mishary Rashid Al-Ifassi
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Dhulqarnaeen
05-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Mawaddah
I . LOVE . Al-Ghaamidy

He's the Absolute BEST

And then is Sheikh Mishary, I like his recitation of Surah Maryam which he does realllllllllllll slow, I can't recall which style of recitation that is though?
:sl:
:brother: That kinda reading we call it "nahawand" if Im not mistaken ukhtil kareemah :thankyou:
Reply

Mawaddah
05-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
:sl:
:brother: That kinda reading we call it "nahawand" if Im not mistaken ukhtil kareemah :thankyou:
Oh, I never knew that before, Thanks so much for telling me Bro :)
Reply

Dhulqarnaeen
05-25-2006, 05:16 AM
Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Oh, I never knew that before, Thanks so much for telling me Bro :)
:sl:
And syaikh Musyary Rasyid also use this kinda tune called: Shoba, jiharka, and shika. But what we should know is, these kinda tune are bidah according to some of the ulama. And Syaikh Musa Alu Nashr hafidhahullah (He is student of syaikh Albani rahimahullah and expert in Quran and tafsir Quran)said thats makruh if we follow these reading of shuyukh. So its best if we read Quran according to our own capability, with our own tune, and the most of all we have to read it according to kaidah tajweed. Cause if we wanna remember Quran then its best if we make our own tune, so we can do hifz easier and NOT following those shuyukh tune. Cause if we follow somebodies tune then If we read the quran with a different tune, then we can forget it easily. Many happen that way Allahu a'lam. :brother:
Reply

Nafiisah
05-25-2006, 05:27 AM
MaashaaAllah there are many very good hafeez and Qari
Sheikh 'Abdur-Rahman As-Sudais is very moving
Even in Salaat, the Fatiha is emotional
There are many others Su'ood Shuraim is good tooo and Muhammad Buraak and Su'ud Ghaamdy
Bahsit too and Muhammad Ayyub
Sorry for not knowing the names of all
The list is just very long
I don't have a copy about Al-Jibreen recitation
Would anyone mind sending a link?
Shukrann
Wa fee Amaanillah
Nafiisah
Reply

Mawaddah
05-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
:sl:
So its best if we read Quran according to our own capability, with our own tune, and the most of all we have to read it according to kaidah tajweed. Cause if we wanna remember Quran then its best if we make our own tune, so we can do hifz easier and NOT following those shuyukh tune. Cause if we follow somebodies tune then If we read the quran with a different tune, then we can forget it easily. Many happen that way Allahu a'lam. :brother:

Yes......I remember telling this to a brother before who asked me the easiest way to memorize Qur'an. I have the same problem with some of my students too actually, they read according to the tune of some Shuyukh, but then when they make a mistake and I correct them, it throws them off track so they completely forget whatever they're reading *sigh* all because they just stick to a particular tune.....neways, thanks Bro

Originally Posted by Nafiisah
MaashaaAllah there are many very good hafeez and Qari
Sheikh 'Abdur-Rahman As-Sudais is very moving
Even in Salaat, the Fatiha is emotional
There are many others Su'ood Shuraim is good tooo and Muhammad Buraak and Su'ud Ghaamdy
Bahsit too and Muhammad Ayyub
Sorry for not knowing the names of all
The list is just very long
I don't have a copy about Al-Jibreen recitation
Would anyone mind sending a link?
Shukrann
Wa fee Amaanillah
Nafiisah
Yes....I agree Sheikh As-Sudais is very moving in his recitation, however I only listen to him when I dont have anything particular to do, because if I'm listening to him whilst I'm at work, I'll just break down and cry along with him, and it'll throw my work completely off course lol

You can try these links for Al-Jibreen sis :

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...&recitor_id=21
http://www.aswatalislam.net/DisplayF...ahim_AlJibreen
http://download.al-islaam.com/audiov...jibrien/1.html

I especially like his recitation of Surah ar-Rahmaan though....very nice Masha'allah.

But out of all of these, I have never heard anyone like the Imaam in Yemen, his name is Sheikh Ahmad al-Wusaabi, and he used to lead the prayers at Sheikh Muqbils Masjid.......Absolutely breathtaking Subhanallah.....After Fajr, I used to listen to his voice travelling across the desert from the Masjid, so clear and touching Subhanallah. He's not famous though lol
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
05-25-2006, 11:26 AM
salam
Sheikh Shuraim's Surah Haqqah in 2003 Ramadhan and Sheikh Shuraim's Surah Taubah in 2005 tahajjud prayer
mashallah amazing recitations
wasalam
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
05-25-2006, 11:47 AM
salam
also SST recitations during ramadhan 2003, soooo awesome subhanallah, what a taraweeh debut
wasalam
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-25-2006, 02:59 PM
:sl:

All the Imams of the haram starting with Shuraim, Sudais, Budair, Taleb etc.

Yesterday however i found another Imam, and Subhanallah i am loving his recitation, Abdul Azeez Al-Ahmad:

http://audio.islamicnetwork.com/quran.php?reciterId=21

His Baqarah is astounding Mashallah.

:w:
Reply

x Maz x
05-25-2006, 03:06 PM
MashAllah, Qari Basit [late] Allah give him a high rank in Jannah is wicked and brother Sudais and Bdeir [Surah al Fatihah and Baqarah infact all the way through their recitiation is awesome!]...Erm I luvin' Nasir Qitami but i dont think hes as popular as Sudais...Also the originial Tawfeeq As-Sayegh MashAllah heavii recitor...Surah Balad very good but i love his recitations as a whole, Allah bless them
Fi Imanillah x
Reply

Najiullah
05-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by MetSudaisTwice
salam
Sheikh Shuraim's Surah Haqqah in 2003 Ramadhan and Sheikh Shuraim's Surah Taubah in 2005 tahajjud prayer
mashallah amazing recitations
wasalam
Sheikh Shuraim's Surah Taubah in 2005 tahajjud prayer it was really amazing recitation .


but i belive all Sheikh Shuraim's recitations are amazing
Reply

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 03:09 PM
mashallah, whoever recites d quran is heavy & its more d words den d recitor which touch moi :)

but sudias reminds me of makkah :( jus remem d kabah mashallah its heavy, cos its lik u pray 2wards it from sum nex place & 2 actually go there and pray rite in front of it is jus hai hai, its a wikid feeling

so personally me tinks sudais is goood & me liks a guy called mohammad al mohaisny :)
Reply

Nafiisah
05-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Yes....I agree Sheikh As-Sudais is very moving in his recitation, however I only listen to him when I dont have anything particular to do, because if I'm listening to him whilst I'm at work, I'll just break down and cry along with him, and it'll throw my work completely off course lol

You can try these links for Al-Jibreen sis :

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...&recitor_id=21
http://www.aswatalislam.net/DisplayF...ahim_AlJibreen
http://download.al-islaam.com/audiov...jibrien/1.html

I especially like his recitation of Surah ar-Rahmaan though....very nice Masha'allah.


JazaaAllahu khairan ukhtee
Yes Sheikh Sudais and any good reciter of the holy qur'an makes u stop to listen.
Assalaamou'alaikum to all of u
Reply

Nafiisah
05-30-2006, 07:20 PM
First part is a quote from sister Mawaddah
Reply

Najiullah
06-01-2006, 03:42 PM
The one and only Shiekh Saud Ash-Shuraim:)
so many amazing recitations

like he recited Surah Al Muzzammil in 2004 Fajar and also Al Hashr that was amazing
also in tarweeh Surah Haqqah
Surah Taubah in 2005 tahajjud prayer masha'Allah all are amazing recitations

there r so many i can make list of more than 100 amazing recitaions
Reply

Daffodil
06-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Sheikh Abdul Qari Basit-AREHMAN!!!

Sheikh Al Ajmy-AMAZINGGG


Sheikh Abu Bakr Shatry-WOWZAA MASHALLAH, SHATREE IS JUST TOP TOP TOP ESPECIALY WHEN RECITING SURAH TOABAH WITH THAT EERIE ECHO.

Sheikh Saad Al Ghamidi-GAWJUS MASHALLAH
Reply

Al-Hanbali
06-04-2006, 03:06 PM
subhanallah Qari Mohammed Islah's recitation really moves me. His recitation of Surah Rahman is absolutely beautiful. Qari saab is blind from birth however he has memorised the whole Quran and studied all the Hadith books....allahu akbar....he is originally from Thailand but sudies in South Africa in Madrassah Noor.

Sheikh Salah Budair and Sheikh Muhaisnay also have very moving recitation.
Reply

Daffodil
06-04-2006, 03:25 PM
has any one heard of qari saad nomani madni??? hes gifted with the talen to imitate all the imams of haramain. he was in sheffield the other day n was at the final destination event with ahmed ali n he recited quran in different ppls voices it was wikid mashallah. hes so talented, hes also a direct decendant of imam abu hanifa which is absolutly wikidddd.
Reply

Al-Hanbali
06-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Yes Mashallah Allahu Akbar...Allah has given him such a gift of reciting in the best of manners and imitating over 70 Qari's from around the world.

He was in my area a few weeks back and Mashallah attended a Qiraat Jalsa at the local Masjid. He has also had the the oppurtunity of performing Salaat-ul-Taraweeh in many mosques in Madinah.

May Allah increase him in his recitation and may Allah increase us all in our recitation of his beautiful words.
Reply

north_malaysian
06-07-2006, 04:25 AM
My choice is Sheikh Mustafa Ismail from Egypt (he is the teacher of Sheikh Nu'aina')

I love his recitation in Surah Al Hajj.:happy:
Reply

afriend
08-12-2006, 03:52 PM
:sl:

Mine just has to be Sheikh Sa'ood bin Ibraheem ash Shuraim [Hafizahullah daimaaan :wub: :love:].

Not only is his recitation appsolutely awesome, he has been an inspiration throughout my hifdh camplaign.....5 3/4+ Juz in 6 months is hard to believe isn't it ;)
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-12-2006, 03:55 PM
:sl:

This one...but i dunno the recitor :(

http://junkupload.com/f501c837e84a2327a8ad0ba99d75b8076

http://junkupload.com/fdb36090f92d57b771f2c2035874e0b8b

:w:
Reply

umm-sulaim
08-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I love the way sa3ad al ghaamidee reads, his my favourite!!!

i love the way he reads suratu nisaa, all of ot especially "aynamaa takuunu yudrikkumul mawtu wa law kuntum fee buruujin mushayyadah...."
and maai'dah especially the ayaat about 3eesa alayhi salaam "qaala 3eesa abnu maryama Allahumma rabbanaa aanzil 3alayna maa'idatan min as-samaa...................till the end of the surah

and the way he reads na7l especially"wa dharaba Allahu mathalan rajaulayni a7aduhumaa abkamu laa yaqdiru 3alaa shay'in wa huwa kallun 3alaa mawlaahu ayna maa yuwajjih-hu la ya'tee bi khayr....al ayaah"

and the way he reads tawbah...and one of my fave ayahs...
"illa tansuruuhu faqad nasarahullah idh akhrajuahull ladheena kaafaruu thaaniya athnayni idh huma fil ghari idh yaquulu li saa7ibih la ta7zan inna Allaha ma3anaa..."

and the way abu bakr ashaatiree reads surat kahf and marayam, just beautiful...

and his not well known but maahir al mu3aygilee,he recites al mu'minuun and furqaan and anbiyaa (its him leading salaatu taraawee7) its really moving...

and of course sudaisee hafidhahuAllah...we have an old tape where he recites suratu dukhaan and jaathiyah....we can't find it anywhere

well i could go on and on and on but i won't...lol

wasalaam
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by zÂk
i replied abt it in IoH thread.

the second one sounds more like Hani Rifaee
:sl:

I dont think its him :( The voices are a bit different.

:w:
Reply

Hijaabi22
08-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Saeed Al Ghamady is jus the best man!
Reply

Al-Hanbali
08-13-2006, 01:26 PM
:sl:

Yes Mashallah......I love the way Sheikh Sa'ad al-Ghamedy recites Surat Maryam. Its absolutely beautiful.

Surah Maryam - Sheikh Ghamedy
Reply

samsam
08-13-2006, 07:13 PM
I love the way abdurrahman hudyfa recites surat-saffat
MASHALLAH!!!!!
Reply

S_87
08-13-2006, 07:20 PM
:sl:

i mostly listen to sheikh sudais n shuraim

sheikh sudais end of SuraT al Maaidah :cry:

for loads of emotion though i think sheikh muhaisni, the way he prays, n u can hear the crowds all crying with him :cry:
Reply

ژاله
12-02-2006, 05:50 AM
i like sheikh shuraim.what an awesome recitation!!!!!!!!!Mashaallah
Reply

Younus
12-02-2006, 05:53 AM
:sl:

I like the recitation of Qari' Abdul Basit. He is no more. But his recitations are still alive and being sold out in plenty in the markets, mashaaAllah.

His recitation of Surah Ar-Rahman is very emotional and moves the heart inshaaAllah.

:w:
Reply

muslim786
12-02-2006, 11:38 AM
:sl:

abu bakr shatri surah 23 the believers :)

http://www.islaam.net/audio/688/23_shatiri.mp3
Reply

muslim786
12-02-2006, 11:55 AM
:sl:

to the sister who wanted link to ibraheem al jibreen this a good quality one

http://audio.islamicnetwork.com/quran.php?reciterId=28
Reply

Hijrah
12-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Abdul Basit Abdus-Samad's

Abdur Rahman As-Sudais

Shuraim
Reply

Pk_#2
12-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar
:sl:

Yes Mashallah......I love the way Sheikh Sa'ad al-Ghamedy recites Surat Maryam. Its absolutely beautiful.

Surah Maryam - Sheikh Ghamedy
jazakhala :)

Also surah Nisa :wub:

AsalamuAlaykum!
Reply

shuraimfan4lyf
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Younus
:sl:

I like the recitation of Qari' Abdul Basit. He is no more. But his recitations are still alive and being sold out in plenty in the markets, mashaaAllah.

His recitation of Surah Ar-Rahman is very emotional and moves the heart inshaaAllah.

:w:
:sl: , Sh. Shuraim moves the most, very strong tune and beautiful, he is my favorite, i have lot favorite recitors, including Sh. Mohaisany,:cry: , very beautiful, mashallah.

Does anyone have Sura Ar-Rahmaan By:Qari Abdul Baasit? when he recited in front of audience and the crowd went crazy, if you do, can you please post it? jazakallahkhair:D
Reply

Muhammad
12-04-2006, 10:54 PM
:sl:

We have a couple of similar threads, so Insha'Allaah please continue the discussion there:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...e-recitor.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...citations.html

:threadclo
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 11:24 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 08:30 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 08:51 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 09:40 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 02:35 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!