/* */

PDA

View Full Version : only one religion approved by God

abd77
05-24-2006, 06:28 PM
It is interesting to note that in all the Bible and the Quran, only one religion is said to be approved by God, and this religion is Islam (Quran 5:30).

In the Bible we find neither the words “Christianity” nor “Judaïsm”.
Jesus actually never pronounced the words “Christian” and “Christianity” in all his life.
The word “Christian” was created long after Jesus’ departure, as the Bible clearly shows it (Acts 11:26).

Jesus never said he had come to create a new religion. If he had wanted to, don’t you think he wouldn’t have clearly said it, and named that religion, like the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad clearly did. But Jesus never did.

Jesus also never called to build churches (these places full of images and statues, which clearly contradicts God’s 2nd Commandment: “You shall make no image or representation of whatever is in Heaven or here on Earth.” Exodus 20:4). And Jesus taught in synagogues according to the Bible, i.e. places where like in mosques there are no images nor statues.

As for the word “Judaïsm”, it describes more an ethnic group than a religion (the descendants of Juda and by extension of his father Jacob), that’s why you find some people calling themselves “atheist Jew”. And how could someone think that God limited the knowledge of the Truth about the One True God to only one people and keep all the others ignorant. Yet Judaïsm rejects all non Jewish Prophets, it is not Universal contrary to Islam that claims that God sent Prophets to all peoples.

Now let’s see how Jesus really lived according to the Bible:
-Like Muslims, Jesus never ate pork (Moses’ law that Jesus taught, Leviticus 11:7,8)
-Like Muslims, Jesus taught and practiced fasting (Luke 5:35; Mat 4:2 and 6:16)
-Like Muslims, when Jesus met his friends or disciples, he said to them “peace be upon you” (Luke 24:36), “salam aleikoum” in Arabic
-Like Muslims, Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21)
-Like Muslims Jesus prayed with “his face onto the ground” (Matthew 26:39)

By the way, still according to the Bible, all Prophets prayed their face onto the ground:
Joshua fell his face upon the earth (Joshua 5:4)
Moses and Aaron fell their face onto the ground (Numbers 20:6)
Abraham fell on his face, and God spake to him (Genesis 17:3)
Jesus fell his face onto the ground (Matthew 26:39)

I don't know about you, but I've never seen a Christian pray the way Jesus did according to the Bible (his face onto the ground).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
gladTidings
05-24-2006, 06:40 PM
The truth is so blatant...

searchingsoul
05-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Is the term "Muslim" or "Islam" in the bible?

Does insulting Christianity make Islam more valid?

Why do you feel the need to insult Christianity? Isn't it easier to concentrate on the beauty of your own religion instead of your perceived negatives about another religion?

When I read a post like this my reaction is negative. I ask myself, is the poster concerned about Christians? Do they love us so much they want to show us the beauty of Islam in hopes we will convert? I doubt that conversion is the intention since slander will only lead to a negative portrayal of Islam.

I then ask myself if the poster is interested in living peacefully among people of other religions. Then again with such slander it is hard to believe such posters have a peaceful intent. This saddens me.

I have learned from this forum to not judge Islam by Muslims. I'm not judging Islam or my fellow members, I am judging the original poster. Yes, I know judging others is wrong....what can I say?:?

iLL_LeaT
05-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Some small minute points:

We are all children of the same God.

We can’t judge others for doing things defiantly, especially when everyone is striving to do the same thing, get closer to Allah.

No one can say how Allah will judge, so who are we to judge each other?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
05-24-2006, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iLL_LeaT
Some small minute points:

We are all children of the same God.

We can’t judge others for doing things defiantly, especially when everyone is striving to do the same thing, get closer to Allah.

No one can say how Allah will judge, so who are we to judge each other?

You got some really good points there. However We as muslims believe that we are servants of Allaah Almighty. We don't believe that God needs children. :)

Peace.

iLL_LeaT
05-24-2006, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
We as muslims believe that we are servants of Allaah Almighty. We don't believe that God needs children.
LOL I guess you are right. You see I spent a bit of my life as a Christian so in regards to religious terms, God’s children are God’s servants. You say tomato, and I say tamato.

However, that is not why I came back in here. I said:
format_quote Originally Posted by iLL_LeaT
We can’t judge others for doing things defiantly.
I wanted to use the word “differently” not “defiantly”

- Qatada -
05-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Don't worry about it, lol mistakes happen. You'll have to wait till you get upto 50posts till you become a full member, only then you can edit your posts. :)

..and be patient and persevering: For Allah is with those who patiently persevere. (Qur'an 8:46)

Peace.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi SearchingSoul,
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
The answer is surprisingly YES -but not in arabic:
During the Sermon on the Mount as recorded by St. Matthew 5, Jesus teaches his followers the “Lord’s Prayer” and then recites nine declarations known as the Beatitudes. In verse 9 he says: “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.” The Greek for peacemakers, eirenopoios is derived from the word peace, or eireny. The Aramaic Pshîtta Version of the New Testament based on the original Greek manuscripts renders this verse in the original language of Jesus as: Goovay hoon la’ovdai shlomo, davanaa-hi d’Aloho nethqroom. Notice the words Aloh and l’ovdai shlomo for “God” and “makers of peace” respectively. Those who make shlomo are also those who make salam, the Muslims! The words Eirenopoios, L’ovdai shlomo, and Muslimoon all have identical meanings, that is, peaceful submitters unto Aloh’s (God’s) Holy Will. The Aramaic Bible Society translated Luke 6:40 into Hebrew as: Ein talmeed na’leh al rabbo, shekken kal adam, she’mushlam yihyeh ka rabbo. The English reads: “The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect (Mushlam, Muslim!) shall be as his master.” (Ataie, 104-105)

I would be opposed to any such unprovoked insults, but I fail to see the insults in this case. Can you show me which insults you are referring to? There is certainly nothing remotely close to what the Christian fellow in the other thread was saying about Islam being demonic, satanic, lies and garbage.

The post seems to me simply be showing that Islamic values and practices are even said by the Bible to have been upheld by the Prophets whom Christians believe in.

Peace! :)

Woodrow
05-24-2006, 08:49 PM

Why do you feel the need to insult Christianity? Isn't it easier to concentrate on the beauty of your own religion instead of your perceived negatives about another religion?

When I read a post like this my reaction is negative. I ask myself, is the poster concerned about Christians? Do they love us so much they want to show us the beauty of Islam in hopes we will convert? I doubt that conversion is the intention since slander will only lead to a negative portrayal of Islam.

I then ask myself if the poster is interested in living peacefully among people of other religions. Then again with such slander it is hard to believe such posters have a peaceful intent. This saddens me.

I have learned from this forum to not judge Islam by Muslims. I'm not judging Islam or my fellow members, I am judging the original poster. Yes, I know judging others is wrong....what can I say?:?

Of course not. Both are Arabic words and the Bible was not written in Arabic. However with very little difficulty one will find many many words that mean Islam and Muslim. Islam means to "Submit" (obey) to God(swt). Muslim is the person who Submits to God(swt). I just read what was posted immediatly prior to my submitting this. I was really surprissed to see that the Hebrew would be nearly identical to the Arabic. I anticipated the Hebrew variation to show a little more difficulty in rcognisint, although Hebrew and Arabic have many similarities.

Of course not. It is an error on our part when we do Insult any other religion. That is a Human trait and is not the Teachings of Islam.

I believe that this is mostly an issue of emotionalism on all parts. What one person sees as an act of love, another person sees as slllander. It is a difficult balancing act. Nobody can every fully understand what another persons intent is.

Perhaps, the poster's intent is to let the world know the love in his heart. Perhaps he loves all people with such zeal that he wants to share that zeal with all. Perhaps his love of God(swt) is so strong he is willing to spread it no matter how it is percieved. We can not Judge the Poster's inten. Personaly I feel the intent was noble and good.

You express your impressions and let people know how something makes you feel It is by sharing that we all get to know each other. By knowing each other we learn to love each other, we learn that we will have disagreements, we learn what is the best way to disagree with Peace.

searchingsoul
05-25-2006, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Hi SearchingSoul,

The answer is surprisingly YES -but not in arabic:
During the Sermon on the Mount as recorded by St. Matthew 5, Jesus teaches his followers the “Lord’s Prayer” and then recites nine declarations known as the Beatitudes. In verse 9 he says: “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.” The Greek for peacemakers, eirenopoios is derived from the word peace, or eireny. The Aramaic Pshîtta Version of the New Testament based on the original Greek manuscripts renders this verse in the original language of Jesus as: Goovay hoon la’ovdai shlomo, davanaa-hi d’Aloho nethqroom. Notice the words Aloh and l’ovdai shlomo for “God” and “makers of peace” respectively. Those who make shlomo are also those who make salam, the Muslims! The words Eirenopoios, L’ovdai shlomo, and Muslimoon all have identical meanings, that is, peaceful submitters unto Aloh’s (God’s) Holy Will. The Aramaic Bible Society translated Luke 6:40 into Hebrew as: Ein talmeed na’leh al rabbo, shekken kal adam, she’mushlam yihyeh ka rabbo. The English reads: “The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect (Mushlam, Muslim!) shall be as his master.” (Ataie, 104-105)

Thanks for the great explanation. :) Do you think that peaceful submitters can include Jews and Christians?

I would be opposed to any such unprovoked insults, but I fail to see the insults in this case. Can you show me which insults you are referring to? There is certainly nothing remotely close to what the Christian fellow in the other thread was saying about Islam being demonic, satanic, lies and garbage.

I think it is the tone of the message, "My religion is better than yours". I realize that this is an Islamic site and maybe I should try to accept this tone. Personally I would find offense to an article attempting to downplay Islam if it were on a Christian site.

I don't like to see a "battle of religions" for I don't feel that it serves a purpose. I doubt that either Christianity or Islam are going away in the near future. Not everyone thinks like me and I'll try harder to understand that.

The post seems to me simply be showing that Islamic values and practices are even said by the Bible to have been upheld by the Prophets whom Christians believe in.

Peace! :)
Thanks again for your imput!

searchingsoul
05-25-2006, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Of course not. Both are Arabic words and the Bible was not written in Arabic. However with very little difficulty one will find many many words that mean Islam and Muslim. Islam means to "Submit" (obey) to God(swt). Muslim is the person who Submits to God(swt). I just read what was posted immediatly prior to my submitting this. I was really surprissed to see that the Hebrew would be nearly identical to the Arabic. I anticipated the Hebrew variation to show a little more difficulty in rcognisint, although Hebrew and Arabic have many similarities.

I think that Christians and Jews also submit to God. There official name may not mean submission, but hey it's just a title.

Of course not. It is an error on our part when we do Insult any other religion. That is a Human trait and is not the Teachings of Islam.

I believe that this is mostly an issue of emotionalism on all parts. What one person sees as an act of love, another person sees as slllander. It is a difficult balancing act. Nobody can every fully understand what another persons intent is.

You are correct my friend. I too was emotional when I posted my response.:) Just because I do not agree with the method used to explain perceived errors in Christianity doesn't mean that everyone thinks like me.

Perhaps, the poster's intent is to let the world know the love in his heart. Perhaps he loves all people with such zeal that he wants to share that zeal with all. Perhaps his love of God(swt) is so strong he is willing to spread it no matter how it is percieved. We can not Judge the Poster's inten. Personaly I feel the intent was noble and good.

True. Very true.

You express your impressions and let people know how something makes you feel It is by sharing that we all get to know each other. By knowing each other we learn to love each other, we learn that we will have disagreements, we learn what is the best way to disagree with Peace.

I apologize to the original poster for my judgements. I do not agree with your information or the tone of the article but as pointed out, I do not know your intent. I am sorry.

Informative as always Woodrow!

primitivefuture
05-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Why do Christians get offended by the truth? I rarely see any Christian here trying to enlighten or defend the Bible. We are all here with open ears, ready to learn more about other people's faith.

searchingsoul
05-25-2006, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture
Why do Christians get offended by the truth? I rarely see any Christian here trying to enlighten or defend the Bible. We are all here with open ears, ready to learn more about other people's faith.
Personally the truth doesn't offend me. Then again the truth for Christians and Muslims is somewhat different.

I've seen and engaged on many threads which defend the Christian interpretation of the bible. Look and you shall see. :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-25-2006, 02:59 AM
Hi SearchingSoul :)
Do you think that peaceful submitters can include Jews and Christians?
Without a doubt, whoever submits to God by following the message of His Prophets is a Muslim. In the time of Prophet Moses pbuh, those who followed him were Muslims. In the time of Prophet Jesus pbuh those who followed him were Muslims. Likewise, after the coming of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh those who follow him are Muslims.

From our perspective, one has not truly submitted to God if they do not accept and follow the message that has been sent to them and as Muslims we believe that this final message is that of Prophet Muhammad pbuh. Of course, keep in mind that someone who does not properly recieve the message will not be accountable for it - they are to submit to God to the best of their ability.
I think it is the tone of the message, "My religion is better than yours".
I agree that such a tone is most often not productive. In fact the Qur'an itself mentions this:
29:46 And do not debate with the people of the earlier scriptures (Jews and Christians) except in the best manner, unless it be with the those bent on oppression and injustice. And say 'We believe in that which has been bestowed from on high upon us, as well as that which has been bestowed upon you: our God and your God is one , and it is unto Him that We submit ourselves (Ar. Muslimoon)'.

Thus the Qur'an instructs us to point out that our path is literally submission to the one God who created the universe.

Peace. :)

Woodrow
05-25-2006, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture
Just a few thought of mine on that. Stopping to think about it, it makes sense why there are so few that post to defend their faith here.

This is an Islamic site, anyone finding this site is very much aware that what they read is going to be mostly of interest to Muslims. I would say that immediatly that means a large percentage of Christians would have little interest in visiting this site.

Now, let us look at who are the Christians that do visit. From the posters I see here I would say that the majority of them are good honest people that truly want to see the other side and not the stereotypes, they are not here to debate, they are here to learn the peacefull truth about us. They have not accepted the media portrayals as truth and want to coexist with us in peace.

Then we have some Christians that come as seekers, they want to see if possibly Islam is the fulfillment they desire. They are genuine and want to search without pressure. They truly love God(swt) and want to explore fully to know that whatever choice they make, they will see it as being the best way they can serve God(swt)

Then we have the ones who are extremely evangelical, they come here as a crusade to "save" us from our ways and show us the "Truth". Those are the ones who we will find doing the most posting. Yet, looking at them I suspect they have some very deep seated doubts of their own faith and feel that the best showing of their faith would be to come to forums like this, and attempt to "convert" us sinfull Muslims. The conversion of one would give them a feel of victory and verify to themselves that they are on the right path, as it would be impossible to "convert" a Muslim without God's(swt) intervention.

My suspicion is those people are very lacking in any faith, they have a strong need to have some reason to believe as they do. They have many doubts and hope to remove their doubts by personaly seeing that somebody who does not believe as they do will "convert" to their belief and thereby strengthen their own belief. To fail in converting any of us causes them great emotional pain. In that failure they are faced with one of 2 ideas, either their faith is wrong, or they are failures at spreading the word of God(swt). It is no wonder they resort to anger, admonishments and eventualy overt disgust. These are the sad ones we most keep an open heart to and make Du'a that one day they can find the Peace they are so desperatly seeking.

searchingsoul
05-25-2006, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Hi SearchingSoul :)

Without a doubt, whoever submits to God by following the message of His Prophets is a Muslim. In the time of Prophet Moses pbuh, those who followed him were Muslims. In the time of Prophet Jesus pbuh those who followed him were Muslims. Likewise, after the coming of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh those who follow him are Muslims.

From our perspective, one has not truly submitted to God if they do not accept and follow the message that has been sent to them and as Muslims we believe that this final message is that of Prophet Muhammad pbuh. Of course, keep in mind that someone who does not properly recieve the message will not be accountable for it - they are to submit to God to the best of their ability.
I think I get it now. The Islamic stance is that we all have the same background, but to be submitters to God a person needs to acknowledge the Prophet Mohammad pbuh and follow the teachings of the Quran. Makes sense.

syilla
05-25-2006, 03:59 AM
at last....

i congrats u on that....

abd77
05-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Searching Soul,

For Muslims, we have to follow the last Prophet that God sent us. Christians who reject Muhammad are to us like what Jews who reject Jesus are to you Christians.

Woodrow
05-27-2006, 10:25 PM
With my limited experience and views. My conclusion is that Islam is the only true Religion. The debate and clashes come over who is practicing Islam. I feel that all people desire to submit to God(swt). Now, how does one do that? I found I can submit to Allah(swt) by being a Muslim. But, that is what I found to be true. Only Allah, will know who has truly submitted to him.

Skillganon
05-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Good observation "uncle woody", I agree, try to follow ISLAM the best and the correct way and hold on to the rope tightly.

catmando
05-30-2006, 10:39 PM
This is undoubtedly the most arrogant, smug, self-righteous thread I've seen yet. And you know what...Christians and Jews say the same things.;D

wilberhum
05-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Catmando
Well said. I was thinking the same thing.

Woodrow
06-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I still believe there is just one true religion and that is submission to the will of the one God(swt).

There is disagreement about who is doing that. I am convinced that Being Muslim is to practice Islam. I can not say if any other religion practices Islam. Being Muslim is the sirat mustaqeem, I have no need of knowing beyond that. I do study other religions, primarily for the purpose of dialogue and understanding, not for arguement.

Nicola
06-01-2006, 07:55 AM

Jesus tells us about the fruits of the Spirit...each bad fruit and branch will be cut down and burned.
If people don't have these fruits of the Spirit, they are not worshiping the true God.

love;
joy;
peace;
patience;
kindness;
goodness;
faithfulness;
gentleness;
self-control.

This is how I realise from Jesus... who is of God.

Nicola
06-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Jesus also never called to build churches (these places full of images and statues, which clearly contradicts God’s 2nd Commandment: “You shall make no image or representation of whatever is in Heaven or here on Earth.” Exodus 20:4). And Jesus taught in synagogues according to the Bible, i.e. places where like in mosques there are no images nor statues.
you do not realise what a church is?

A church is not a building but each Christian is the church with Jesus being the cornerstone the early disciples where the foundation.
Gods Church are his people...each Christian a stone is building the Kingdom of heaven.

Umar001
06-01-2006, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
Jesus tells us about the fruits of the Spirit...each bad fruit and branch will be cut down and burned.
If people don't have these fruits of the Spirit, they are not worshiping the true God.

love;
joy;
peace;
patience;
kindness;
goodness;
faithfulness;
gentleness;
self-control.

This is how I realise from Jesus... who is of God.

Just wondering, if a person posses these qualities does that mean he is worshiping G-d?

SirZubair
06-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Now lets see how Muhammed s.a.w lived :

- He never blew himself up.
- He never threatened to kill people who insult islam while walking around announcing "Islam means peace.."
- He never held a sword to a non-muslims throat and forced them to accept him as a prophet and accept Al-Lah as the one and only god.

...Like i've pointed out many times,and i will carry on pointing it out until everyone gets the point,..

Muslims need to work on themselves,need to live life according to the teachings Of our prophet and commandments of Al-Lah s.w.t , before we jump up and down and demand that the christians change their ways...

...Alot of muslims remind me of Housecleaners who clean up the houses of other people,yet themselves live in a dump.

Sort yourself out first,then by all means,go out in the world and dare to make a difference,not by pointing fingers at everyone and saying "you're wrong..." but by portraying the ways of our prophet s.a.w.

Wa'salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.