/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No prophecy?

topchoicewd
05-25-2006, 12:08 AM
The world's hatred for the Word of God. John 3:20 reads, "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." This is why the unsaved world hates Jesus Christ and His Word so intensely, because They expose sin! NO book on this planet is hated anywhere near as much as the Bible. Most people hate the Truth. Speaking the Truth is a fast way to make enemies, "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?." The world hated Jesus without a cause because He spoke the Truth (John 15:25).

The world's hatred for Christians. Jesus said, "I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" -John 17:14. I've been despised and hated my whole life because of my Christian testimony. I know what it's like to be ostracized by others, to be lied about, to be called a hypocrite, to be laughed at and ridiculed, to be the black sheep of the family. But I know God will make everything right in Heaven. Jesus told us that we'd be hated. It's really Jesus and The Holy Bible that they hate, not us. I'm not going to feel bad about something that God said would happen. I don't like to be hated, but I love the Truth and want to please God by proclaiming It far and wide.

The attack from false religions. The book of Koran is a jumbled mess containing no prophecy at all. The Koran attacks Christians, Jews, and the doctrines of The Holy Bible. The Jehovah Witnesses (JW's) claim that Michael the archangel became Jesus. They deny Christ's deity. The Mormons deny Christ's deity. The Catholics pervert the Bible by teaching the necessity of the sacraments for salvation, etc. Wiccan witches reject the Word of God as fables. New Agers teach that there are millions of ways to God, just follow the light; but the Word of God proclaims that there is ONLY one way to Heaven and that's through Jesus Christ!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anonymous.92
05-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Most people hate the Truth? topchoicewd didn't you mention in another thread that Christianity is the largest religion? So then why would MOST people hate the Truth?

topchoicewd
05-25-2006, 12:22 AM
The world's hatred for the Word of God. John 3:20 reads, "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." This is why the unsaved world hates Jesus Christ and His Word so intensely, because They expose sin! NO book on this planet is hated anywhere near as much as the Bible. Most people hate the Truth. Speaking the Truth is a fast way to make enemies, "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?." The world hated Jesus without a cause because He spoke the Truth (John 15:25).

The world's hatred for Christians. Jesus said, "I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" -John 17:14. I've been despised and hated my whole life because of my Christian testimony. I know what it's like to be ostracized by others, to be lied about, to be called a hypocrite, to be laughed at and ridiculed, to be the black sheep of the family. But I know God will make everything right in Heaven. Jesus told us that we'd be hated. It's really Jesus and The Holy Bible that they hate, not us. I'm not going to feel bad about something that God said would happen. I don't like to be hated, but I love the Truth and want to please God by proclaiming It far and wide.

The attack from false religions. The book of Koran is a jumbled mess containing no prophecy at all. The Koran attacks Christians, Jews, and the doctrines of The Holy Bible. The Jehovah Witnesses (JW's) claim that Michael the archangel became Jesus. They deny Christ's deity. The Mormons deny Christ's deity. The Catholics pervert the Bible by teaching the necessity of the sacraments for salvation, etc. Wiccan witches reject the Word of God as fables. New Agers teach that there are millions of ways to God, just follow the light; but the Word of God proclaims that there is ONLY one way to Heaven and that's through Jesus Christ!

Raised from the dead Prophesized: Psalms 16:8-11
Fulfilled: Acts 2:24-31

Begotten as Son of God Prophesized: Psalms 2:7
Fulfilled: Acts 13:32-35

Ascended to God Prophesized: Ps 68:18
Fulfilled: Ephesians 2:8-10

Seated beside God Prophesized: Ps 110:1
Fulfilled: Hebrews 1:3+13

azim
05-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Peace.

Well topchoicewd - I'm not really sure what the point you were trying to make was. The post was quite insulting though - you should probably tone down somewhat if you want to engage in any real dialogue or discussion.

Muslims love Jesus (as). We also quite like Christians. The Quran says thus regarding them: -

Verily, you will find the strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) the Jews and those who associate partners with Allah. And you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: "We are christians." That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud. 5:82

Um.. see above.
The attack from false religions. The book of Koran is a jumbled mess containing no prophecy at all.
Quran isn't prophecy - it's guidance. If you want Prophecy, look up the predictions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

The Koran attacks Christians, Jews, and the doctrines of The Holy Bible.
The Quran attacks the doctrines of Paul. The doctrines of the Holy Bible (OT and the parts where Jesus is preaching) agree with Islam. Which is pretty much what the original post was about.

The Jehovah Witnesses (JW's) claim that Michael the archangel became Jesus. They deny Christ's deity. The Mormons deny Christ's deity. The Catholics pervert the Bible by teaching the necessity of the sacraments for salvation, etc. Wiccan witches reject the Word of God as fables. New Agers teach that there are millions of ways to God, just follow the light;
This is what I don't get about some Christians - you're really eager to condemn everyone else to hell. Having said that there are some very nice Christians (many on this board) who leave the judgement to God.

If you're on the forum to just big yourself up telling us about how we're following a false religion and telling us about how you're "ostracized by others", "lied about", "called a hypocrite", "laughed at and ridiculed" then feel free - but leave the insults out of it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Anonymous.92
05-25-2006, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by topchoicewd

The attack from false religions. The book of Koran is a jumbled mess containing no prophecy at all.

Obviously you haven't read the Quran if you honestly believe that.

topchoicewd
05-25-2006, 12:30 AM
The Holy Bible is FULL of prophecy, I couldn't even fit it all on this message board!

"I am the way the truth and the life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME." -- Jesus Christ (John 14:6)

Anonymous.92
05-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Have you read the context of that verse? It is obvious that he is saying that no man will enter heaven unless they follow his teachings. Sure we muslims can agree with that also. Anyways the Quran is a book of Guidance not prophecy.

searchingsoul
05-25-2006, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Peace.

Muslims love Jesus (as). We also quite like Christians. The Quran says thus regarding them: -

Verily, you will find the strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) the Jews and those who associate partners with Allah. And you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: "We are christians." That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud. 5:82

This is much more pleasant as far as I'm concerned.

This is what I don't get about some Christians - you're really eager to condemn everyone else to hell. Having said that there are some very nice Christians (many on this board) who leave the judgement to God.

If you're on the forum to just big yourself up telling us about how we're following a false religion and telling us about how you're "ostracized by others", "lied about", "called a hypocrite", "laughed at and ridiculed" then feel free - but leave the insults out of it.

I agree 100%.
:) :) :)

topchoicewd
05-25-2006, 03:25 AM
you guys keep moving around my messages and changing the words what is this.

"Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme." (Koran 8:37)

these are not the words of the true living God.

*charisma*
05-25-2006, 03:35 AM
Greetings??

"Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme." (Koran 8:37)
eh??? Where do you get your quranic reference from??

Surah 8:37 states:

In order that Allah may separate the impure from the pure, put the impure, one on another, heap them together, and cast them into Hell. They will be the ones to have lost. - 8:37

muslim_friend
05-25-2006, 03:38 AM

Here we go again.. If you recall, i posted a link for you regarding these verses. go back and chek them.

What's the point of coming here and insulting our religion? Where are your manners? Are you trying to teach us our religion? Remember, we're muslims.. Do you think i or the others here have never noticed these verses in the first place?

snakelegs
05-25-2006, 03:45 AM
The book of Koran is a jumbled mess containing no prophecy at all.
since you are trying to proselytize, you might be more effective if you learned some plain old respect.
i do not belong to either religion but i would never call your holy book a jumbled mess. what pleasure is there in insulting what other people revere?
are you here for any reason other than to proselytize and insult?

north_malaysian
05-25-2006, 03:50 AM
you guys keep moving around my messages and changing the words what is this.

Koran 8:37

"In Order that Allah may seperate the impure from the pure, put the impure, one on another, heap them together, and cast them to hell. They will be the ones who have lost"

taken from www.muslimaccess.com

syilla
05-25-2006, 03:56 AM
yeah.... i realise that...

he kept showing quran verses which i dun really know where it came from... like yesterday...

Woodrow
05-25-2006, 04:08 AM

John 3:20 reads, "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." This is why the unsaved world hates Jesus Christ and His Word so intensely, because They expose sin! NO book on this planet is hated anywhere near as much as the Bible. Most people hate the Truth. Speaking the Truth is a fast way to make enemies, "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?." The world hated Jesus without a cause because He spoke the Truth (John 15:25).

Here is an example of how we really feel about Jesus(pbuh)

5:46. And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah. S P C

Here is what we are taught to feel towards Christians:

5:82. Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant. S P C
5:83. And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses. S P

5:84. "What cause can we have not to believe in Allah and the truth which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous?" S P
5:85. And for this their prayer hath Allah rewarded them with gardens, with rivers flowing underneath,- their eternal home. Such is the recompense of those who do good. S P

Yusuf Ali's Quran Translation

Hawa
05-25-2006, 04:13 AM
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...nic+prophecies

muslim_friend
05-25-2006, 04:34 AM
I think He/she was trying to quote this. But he has changed the word 'persecution' to 'idolatory'.Very dishonest...

Verse 2:193
Yusuf Ali:
And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

M. Pickthall:
And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

M.H. Shakir:
And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.