Up to-date I've found only these countries banned Da Vinci code:

1) Egypt
2) Faroe Islands
3) Jordan
4) Lebanon
5) Solomon Islands
6) Syria
7) Western Samoa

Any countries that u knew banned this movie.:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
05-25-2006, 06:20 AM
i wish Malaysia ban it to...

i dun want malaysian to contribute to their success...

dunno where will the money goes too...

ever wonder where?

Najiullah
05-25-2006, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

1) Egypt
2) Faroe Islands
3) Jordan
4) Lebanon
5) Solomon Islands
6) Syria
7) Western Samoa

Banned :?

u mean to say they wont allow it in theaters but it will be easily available on vdieo

syilla
05-25-2006, 07:06 AM
maybe the video is illegal too..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim_friend
05-25-2006, 07:07 AM
They were about to ban it here, coz christians were protesting against sreening it.it became a big issue.And just because of that, the movie may do well here.. :rollseyes ..The movie will now run with the disclaimer at the beginning ..."Everything in this movie is fiction" or something similiar to that.

Joe98
05-25-2006, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
dunno where will the money goes too...

ever wonder where?

To the share holders of the movie company.

if you feeel their profits are too high then you ought to buy shares too :coolious:

Najiullah
05-25-2006, 07:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
To the share holders of the movie company.

if you feeel their profits are too high then you ought to buy shares too :coolious:

its not allowed in islam :)
bro and sis correct me if i am wrong

syilla
05-25-2006, 07:17 AM
ever wonder who mostly hold the share of the movie company??

or who monopoly the media/advertising company??

KAding
05-25-2006, 07:34 AM
ever wonder who mostly hold the share of the movie company??
Please do tell ;). Maybe you could post some shareholder info on Time Warner to proof your point?

or who monopoly the media/advertising company??
No, I don't know. Considering the fact that there are so many media/advertising companies I don't see how they could be 'monopolized'.

syilla
05-25-2006, 07:40 AM
just wondering...

i want to know too...

KAding
05-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Oh hehe. I'm getting too cynical because of all these forums, I always believe people are making statements and not asking questions :).

north_malaysian
05-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Who's Who in Da Vinci Code

Director: Ron Howard (Ancestries: Dutch, Scottish, English, Irish, German, Cherokee)

Producers: Brian Grazer (Ancestry: Jewish)
John Calley (Ancestry: Unknown)

Novel Written by: Dan Brown (Ancestry: English)

Screenplay Written By: Akiva Goldsman (Ancestry: Jewish)

Distributed by: Sony (Japanese)

Muezzin
05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
What do shareholders have to do with countries in which this film is banned? :)

syilla
05-25-2006, 08:48 AM
is there any christians in it?

Trumble
05-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Hehe.. it seems the Faroe Islands has all of two cinemas. It was actually the cinema managers who decided not to show it there; it wasn't "banned" as such.

primitivefuture
05-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Da Vinci code is garbage. I cant believe some book would become so popular because it degrades an important prophet.

Vishnu
05-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Why not allow freedom of speech, and allow a fiction movie to be watched by the population?

Talk about metephorically shackling a population.

Ghazi
05-25-2006, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
Why not allow freedom of speech, and allow a fiction movie to be watched by the population?

Talk about metephorically shackling a population.
:sl:

How about I make some "Momma Jokes" About your Mom.

Vishnu
05-25-2006, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

How about I make some "Momma Jokes" About your Mom.
What is your point?

I am talking about a work of fiction which is being banned in some opressive countries and you begin to tell me about 'momma jokes'....

Your contributions to this topic are endless.... :rollseyes

primitivefuture
05-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Look who's talking about fiction......:D

Ghazi
05-25-2006, 09:16 PM
What is your point?

I am talking about a work of fiction which is being banned in some opressive countries and you begin to tell me about 'momma jokes'....

Your contributions to this topic are endless.... :rollseyes

Just to let you know, I was trying to prove a point I'm sure you'd be upset or angery If I were to redicule your family, would you not? Lets say I made a work of "Fiction" insulting your brother wouyld you be happy about it or would you sue me and try to stop me.

Vishnu
05-25-2006, 10:20 PM
How has the Da Vinci code insulted your brother?

Ghazi
05-25-2006, 10:41 PM
How has the Da Vinci code insulted your brother?

Isa(Jesus) is my brother.

Vishnu
05-25-2006, 11:09 PM
You have to understand though that this is just a story. I don't understand why people are so against a silly little book which is made up.

Do people feel threatened by a mans imagination?

Ghazi
05-25-2006, 11:11 PM
You have to understand though that this is just a story. I don't understand why people are so against a silly little book which is made up.

Do people feel threatened by a mans imagination?

It's an insult, I'm offended.

Vishnu
05-25-2006, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

It's an insult, I'm offended.
It is okay to be offended. But it is not okay to take the rights of others who are not offended by telling them that they cannot see a movie because of your religious views.

Do you understand the point I am trying to make?

I completley respect your views... but I am not happy when someone tells me I cannot see a movie because of their views.

Ghazi
05-25-2006, 11:25 PM
It is okay to be offended. But it is not okay to take the rights of others who are not offended by telling them that they cannot see a movie because of your religious views.

I completley respect your views... but I am not happy when someone tells me I cannot see a movie because of their views.

Oh by the way you havn't answered my question, in my earlier post.

Vishnu
05-25-2006, 11:28 PM
If someone were to write a book insulting my brother, and wrote that it was a fiction on it. I would be a little angered but would not go on a rampage to try and ban all others from seeing it.

Trumble
05-26-2006, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture
Da Vinci code is garbage. I cant believe some book would become so popular because it degrades an important prophet.
It DIDN'T become popular for that reason. It became popular because its a decent and exciting mystery thriller from an author who is very good at writing them.

primitivefuture
05-26-2006, 06:21 AM
Dan Brown wrote a number of books...none of them were as successful as the Da Vinci code.

north_malaysian
05-26-2006, 06:53 AM
If someone were to write a book insulting my brother, and wrote that it was a fiction on it. I would be a little angered but would not go on a rampage to try and ban all others from seeing it.
If a movie is made saying bad things about hindus, would it be banned in india?

Trumble
05-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Dan Brown wrote a number of books...none of them were as successful as the Da Vinci code.
And your point is? You might just as well say it sold more because people are interested in Leonardo da Vinci. As you don't actually have to even open the book to know it's at least partially about da Vinci that's actually rather more plausible!

searchingsoul
05-26-2006, 07:25 AM
I would imagine that the reason it is popular is because the majority of the USA is Christian. A lot of Christians do not consider the examination of new religious theory to be sinful. Although the book and movie are fiction, the theory behind the movie has existed for several years.

searchingsoul
05-26-2006, 07:28 AM

We all have to live together in this world. Without consideration for others views we will have (or continue to have) chaos and violence.

ISDhillon
05-26-2006, 07:30 AM

1) Egypt
2) Faroe Islands
3) Jordan
4) Lebanon
5) Solomon Islands
6) Syria
7) Western Samoa

I dont know about the rest of india but i know punjab did:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060526/punjab1.htm#4

Syed Nizam
05-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Assalamualaikum & greetings 4 all,

We r now living in the age of globalisation and more often than not, we would see some "clashes" in terms of morality, sensivity & values in our daily lives. What could have been termed as completely normal in the West might not be perceived as the same thing in the East, and vise versa.... The same parrables that can be drawn here is that we cant stop others from talking even if we find that their talking is very offensive in nature.

So come the next BIG question, what r we to do? We could just ignored it as nothing have happened at all, or we could do something about it. For a start, maybe those who feel offended could actually choose NOT to go & see the movies among themselves and their immediate family members. To banned or not to banned, that's a different story.

Peace...

searchingsoul
05-26-2006, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Syed Nizam
Assalamualaikum & greetings 4 all,

We r now living in the age of globalisation and more often than not, we would see some "clashes" in terms of morality, sensivity & values in our daily lives. What could have been termed as completely normal in the West might not be perceived as the same thing in the East, and vise versa.... The same parrables that can be drawn here is that we cant stop others from talking even if we find that their talking is very offensive in nature.Peace...
This is very true. Due to globalization I think that we need to make a greater effort to tolerate other viewpoints. I think this would be more peaceful.

syilla
05-26-2006, 07:52 AM
If a movie is made saying bad things about hindus, would it be banned in india?
do u know any movie that is being banned in malaysia ...

hehehe... i was thinking...but i couldn't remember one...

Muezzin
05-26-2006, 08:40 AM
You know, even if it is banned, more people will want to see it. Like, GTA 3 was banned in Australia, which only made it a lot more desirable for Ozzy gamers.

north_malaysian
05-26-2006, 09:14 AM
do u know any movie that is being banned in malaysia ...

hehehe... i was thinking...but i couldn't remember one...
According to wikipedia movies banned in Malaysian cinemas are:

1) The Exorcist (1973)
2) Saturday Night Fever (1977)
3) Pet Sematary (1989)
4) Schindler's List (1993)
5) Babe (1995)
6) Last Man Standing (1996)
7) Babe: Pig in the City (1998)
8) Blade (1998)
9) The Prince of Egypt (1998)
10) Saving Private Ryan (1998)
11) Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged Me (1999)
12) South PArk: Bigger, Longer, Uncut (1999)
13) Fiza (Hindi movie) (2001)
14) Zoolander (2001)
15) Auto Focus (2002)
16) The Queen of the Damned (2002)
17) Bruce Almighty (2003)
18) Daredevil (2003)
19) Homerun (2003)
20) Underworld (2003)
21) Kill Bill: Vol 1 (2003)
22) The Girl Next Door (2004)
23) Passion of Christ (2004)
24) Tam America: World Police (2004)
25) Sin City (2005)
26) The 40 yearl old virgin (2005)
27) Brokeback Mountain (2006)
28) Lelaki Komunis Terakhir (Last Communist Man (maybe be banned)

syilla
05-26-2006, 09:17 AM
2) Saturday Night Fever (1977)

:?
anyway it has been show many times... nowadays :giggling:

even though they ban in cinema... but they can sell it on video (correct me if i'm wrong)

syilla
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM

who is the director and the producer?

HeiGou
05-26-2006, 10:00 AM
According to wikipedia movies banned in Malaysian cinemas are:

5) Babe (1995)
7) Babe: Pig in the City (1998)
I never understood this. What has the Malaysian government got against New Zealand pigs?

Muezzin
05-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Or vampires for that matter? :p Blade was banned? That's an awesome film!

north_malaysian
05-27-2006, 04:56 AM

who is the director and the producer?
Amir Muhammad.

Actually some racist UMNO leaders said that it's UMNO to decide whther to ban or not this film.

But according to Dato Rais Yatim, it's cabinet to decide not UMNO.

north_malaysian
05-27-2006, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
I never understood this. What has the Malaysian government got against New Zealand pigs?

Malaysian censor board (LPF) consists of old, conservatives, mostly Malays. Thus many movies are banned. Before 2000, the ex minister of Information, Dato Muhammad Rahmat (known as a racist, ultra nationalist, ultra conservative) is very strict with movies, dramas even cartoons.

But now the LPF is a lil bit relax.

Sister_6038
05-27-2006, 08:45 AM
it was a good film though

guyabano
05-27-2006, 10:09 AM
The movie is also prohibited in many theaters in Philippines, as of what I heard !

But honestly, doesn't that make a movie more popular, kind of reverse Effect?

searchingsoul
05-31-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm going to see the movie this week. I was around a lot of my family and friends last weekend and was amazed that this was a hot topic of conversation. What really surprised me was that every single person opposed to this movie could not cite any biblical references to the marital status of Christ. I think that very few people actually know the history of Christ but are eager to jump on the bandwagon to defend the "Christ portrayed by religious leaders". Sadly I think that much of the information believed about Christ is as fictional as the Da Vinci Code movie. I'm anxious to see the movie and glad it is not banned in my country.

catmando
05-31-2006, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_friend
They were about to ban it here, coz christians were protesting against sreening it.it became a big issue.And just because of that, the movie may do well here.. :rollseyes ..The movie will now run with the disclaimer at the beginning ..."Everything in this movie is fiction" or something similiar to that.
Yep pretty much everything...including the existence of Jesus.

Muezzin
05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by catmando
Yep pretty much everything...including the existence of Jesus.
I laugh sarcastically while others sharpen spears.

firdaw
05-31-2006, 09:42 PM
whats the Da vinci code about anywayz I don't get it?

Looking4Peace
05-31-2006, 09:54 PM
That jesus had a wife, child

HeiGou
06-01-2006, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
That jesus had a wife, child
Rumor has it He is buried in Japan where he retired and lived out His years. You can go and meet His great-great-something-or-other grand son. Or so some Japanese claim.

I am more interested in the ban on Alexander the Great. I assume that Malaysia banned it because they think that Alexander was Dhul-Qarnayn. Was it banned in other Muslim countries?

north_malaysian
06-01-2006, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Rumor has it He is buried in Japan where he retired and lived out His years. You can go and meet His great-great-something-or-other grand son. Or so some Japanese claim.

I am more interested in the ban on Alexander the Great. I assume that Malaysia banned it because they think that Alexander was Dhul-Qarnayn. Was it banned in other Muslim countries?
There are people propagating that Zulqarnain is not alexander but a persian king.... forgot his name ... is it Cyrus or Darius ... something... So it wont be banned.

SirZubair
06-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Im suprised muslims arent Grabbing their swords,grabbing their guns,burning down buildings,threatening to kill those who insult islam and its prophets.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.