/* */

PDA

View Full Version : T.V Islam Channel

Skillganon
05-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Assalamu alaikum, Brother's and sister's.
Islam channel.

format_quote Originally Posted by http://www.islamchannel.tv/Aboutus.aspx
Islam Channel is the first free-to-air, English language, Islamic-focused satellite channel available in Europe and North Africa on Eurobird 6 and Astra 2A, 2B on frequency 12,523.00 GHz X horizontal and in UK also on the Sky platform (Channel 813)

Islam Channel provides innovative and exciting programming that personalise Islamic themes as well as entertain the Muslim viewers
Can be viewed on internet here: (may need broadband for better streaming.)

http://www.islamchannel.tv/videos/BBMetaFile.asx

You might like to put that down on you Favourite, and tune in when you like.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
x Maz x
05-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Heaviii channel MashAllah but on occasions has its weak points but nevertheless wicked channel!...
Peace & Stay blessed x

Skillganon
05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
weak point's?

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I know that channel. Two of the presenters live near my area. Abu Dujaana (can't remember what show he presents) goes to a college near me. And Jalaal ibn Saeed used to do a programme on there, but he had some disagreements with them. I think it was regarding women presenting the shows. He runs some courses near my area that I go to. They're top masha-Allah.
Anyway, i don't agree with the smai yusuf being blasted, but they have alot of beneficial shows.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
x Maz x
05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, use of music?...Erm on the show "Saturday night" ...i was watching it once, very dissapointing :(...It looked like watching something on ITV or sumin' not Islam Channel...InshAllah theses issues have been raised on the forum on IC and the monitor their has sent a petition with comments from users to someone that could take care of the situation Peace x

Skillganon
05-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey, people might make mistake, (no one's perfect). Since it's relatively new it bound to make few, but it is doing a good job, and many have tuned in and are getting connected to their deen.

x Maz x
05-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes i know akhi, hence 'nevertheless wicked channel!...'...I think its wicked, we are ALL sinners in this Dunya and there is always room for improvment inshAllah, they will inshAllah with the blessings of Allah get better...its wicked but can be better WalaykumAsalaam x

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-25-2006, 03:54 PM
yeah... ditch the sami yusuf 'nasheeds' for starters.
My sisters friend presents a show on there....a nd she gets like love emails from guys. AstaghfurAllah. There are alot of weirdos out there.

Ghazi
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Hey, people might make mistake, (no one's perfect). Since it's relatively new it bound to make few, but it is doing a good job, and many have tuned in and are getting connected to their deen.
:sl:

But the Ironic thing is they have those shieks on 'Q&A' I think they should run things pass them before anything is aired.

Skillganon
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
My sisters friend presents a show on there....a nd she gets like love emails from guys. AstaghfurAllah. There are alot of weirdos out there.
Well, I don't know what is all the hyp about sami yusuf, I rarely heard of him until someone mentioned it, and tell your sister freind to delete, or block those email's. Anyway I think it is doing good, giving dawah and guiding our brother's and sisters who have gone a bit stray (astray!) back to the straight path. I also think we should open up a channel just for children and kid's, as most mother's put their kid in front of the t.v it will be a good indoctrination in our deen to our children , instead of tuning into cartoon's that teach bad behaviour, we can have some islamic orientated cartoon's, and shows.

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah brother that is true. May Allah give them guidance. But constructive criticism is always needed.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-26-2006, 04:48 PM
ooo islam channel iz wikidddd! luvin dat channel 2 da max man.. taught me so much stuff and gt me involved (practisin) islam soo mch.. hope dt channel stayz 4 timeeee.. :D why duz every h8 sami yusuf :?

Skillganon
05-26-2006, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
ooo islam channel iz wikidddd! luvin dat channel 2 da max man.. taught me so much stuff and gt me involved (practisin) islam soo mch.. hope dt channel stayz 4 timeeee.. :D why duz every h8 sami yusuf :?
maybe Because girlz idolize him.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-26-2006, 04:50 PM
do dey.. oohh.. :rollseyes

scentsofjannah
05-26-2006, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Well, use of music?...Erm on the show "Saturday night" ...i was watching it once, very dissapointing :(...It looked like watching something on ITV or sumin' not Islam Channel...InshAllah theses issues have been raised on the forum on IC and the monitor their has sent a petition with comments from users to someone that could take care of the situation Peace x

what many here fail to recognise is the IKHTILAAF on the music issue...there is NO CLEAR CONSENSUS on it..a minority of scholars still say all musical instruments is halaal only lewd lyrics and vulgar videoclips make it haraam..not the instruments..salaam

scentsofjannah
05-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Islam channel is great..they need more funding though..and i know why they won't take funding from saudiarabia..and whats wrong with women coming on the shows?? should women have no voice? ..strange to see people support these views because in saudiarabia tv..women appear on tv..without any niqaab

salaam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-26-2006, 07:06 PM
agreed sis.. ^ women hav equal rightes innit? in Allahz eyes men n woman r all equal.. and programmes where sisters issues are discussed, hw can that be presntened by a brother? and wudnt the viewers feel more comfortable asking sisters questions..

Sister_6038
05-26-2006, 07:22 PM
i wanna get back into radio...ah if only

x Maz x
05-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Yes valid point you have stated about music :)...this was a topic discussed on the IC forum...very intresting indeedo Peace x

srh_rehman
05-31-2006, 03:20 PM
sallam,

islam channel is a wonderful channel.

sami yusuf is acsually a very good artist :) :)

Umar001
05-31-2006, 03:25 PM
I dont get the point of sisters being on that channel though.

Anyhow I read something written by sis Yvonne about the 'boy band craze' in islamic culture Imma post the link when I find it

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 03:30 PM
i think sum1 posted dat already...but mb am on bout anuva forum

Umar001
05-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Anyone it states things like:

"The reason I am expressing concern is that just a few days ago at a venue in Central London, sisters went wild in the aisles as some form of pop-mania swept through the concert venue. And I'm not just talking about silly, little girls who don't know any better; I am talking about sisters in their 20's, 30's and 40's, who squealed, shouted, swayed and danced."

Sounds disgusting imagine your wife sister or mother squeling a muslim rnb starts
http://www.muslimsweekly.com/index.p...807&Itemid=238

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah i got that trhough mail..makes u fink dunnit

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-31-2006, 03:43 PM
dtz stoooooopid man.. *shokd face* dey juz silly init

Kidman
05-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Outlandish feat. Sami yousif "I've Seen" Wow, that's a good song now...

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 03:49 PM
hah bro..das pure randomnesh

Umar001
05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
forget randomnesh I dont get some of the songs I mean what else would they do at those events if all there is is music well not music but u know.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-31-2006, 04:15 PM
lol 2 ryt.. dt woz soo random.. bless :giggling:

al-fateh
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
graet channel

i use it all the time

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-31-2006, 04:24 PM
ive learnt soo much 4rm dt channel.. mashallah..

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 04:24 PM
same i like it :)

waji
06-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Any body have news about Peace TV started by Dr.Zakir Nayak

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Sami Yusuf is a good artist? I don't think so. His 'nasheeds' are disrespectful. Right, praising Allah and the Rasul (SAW) while playing a beat fast enough to shake your hips to on the background. And there is so much fitna in his concerts! Like Yvonne Ridley said, sahabas never used to whoop it up to the sound of nasheeds. Have you guys seen his website? There are way too many pics of him on there. Oh my days don't even go to the guestbook.... it should be named 'place where you wanna state just how much you love sami yusuf'. One girl even went on about how she writes his lyrics down every single time she starts to write something. Shouldn't that kind of love be directed to the Qur'an? Nasheeds are getting far too westernised. What a shame.
May Allah guide us all.

Sis786
06-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Good channel but has the same stuff or not many programmes.

Hijaabi22
06-05-2006, 07:13 PM
kyu? they rock!! i lurrrrrv islam channel its ACE!!! MY FAVE SHOW HAS GOT 2 BE SATURDAY NYT LIIIIIIVE TOP STUFF MAN!

Hijaabi22
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
why duz every h8 sami yusuf :?
THATS WAT ME WONDERIN

Hijaabi22
06-05-2006, 07:15 PM
maybe Because girlz idolize him.
SOME girls bro

Hijaabi22
06-05-2006, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Outlandish feat. Sami yousif "I've Seen" Wow, that's a good song now...
that is tooooooooppppppppppp stuff!

Hijaabi22
06-05-2006, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas
Any body have news about Peace TV started by Dr.Zakir Nayak

i heard bout this is it on air yet? wat channel?

Hijaabi22
06-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Sami Yusuf is a good artist? I don't think so. His 'nasheeds' are disrespectful. Right, praising Allah and the Rasul (SAW) while playing a beat fast enough to shake your hips to on the background. And there is so much fitna in his concerts! Like Yvonne Ridley said, sahabas never used to whoop it up to the sound of nasheeds. Have you guys seen his website? There are way too many pics of him on there. Oh my days don't even go to the guestbook.... it should be named 'place where you wanna state just how much you love sami yusuf'. One girl even went on about how she writes his lyrics down every single time she starts to write something. Shouldn't that kind of love be directed to the Qur'an? Nasheeds are getting far too westernised. What a shame.
May Allah guide us all.
NO COMMENT

Umar001
06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I just dont get it.

I watched it once, but I have seen posters of it, and theres like sisters with make up on and so forth, whats all that for.

I still don't see the need for sisters on there.

I heard a lecture by Khalid Yasin, he aint a scholar or nothing, but he was saying how Aisha may Allah be pleased with her taught from behind a curtain and stuff, yet we got sisters on tv with make up on speaking infront of thousands?

Makes ya wonder.

Also, I wonder how much time we spend listening to Nasheds when we could be listening to lectures, now honestly speaking which one yall think could benefit ya more?

Hijaabi22
06-05-2006, 07:27 PM
sisters only present shows for sisters like muslimah dilemma and behind the veil, wats wrong wid dat i dont get it

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
innit.. do u want men discussin women issues? sureli not.. i think its alrite 4 muslimah programmes.. things like islamiQA.. onli men shud do that

da 1nz who adoreee sami yusuf are the stupid galz who thav nutin beta 2 do..

afriend
06-05-2006, 07:46 PM
oh oh...Did I say that my hifz teacher does the Q&A on Tuesday?

His name is Sulayman Gani

And don't 4get taraweeh and Jumu'ah repeats on Sundays :wub:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-05-2006, 07:46 PM
is it? i cant remeba.. il chek next tym.. 2morow :rollseyes

hifz teacher???

afriend
06-05-2006, 07:48 PM
yep, so if u can't get through on the fone lines, just drop me a line with your question(s)...Just keep them to 100 maximum LOL

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-05-2006, 07:52 PM
..or theres always the islam channel email address so ur outta business der bro.. lol

afriend
06-05-2006, 08:29 PM
LOL

He doesn't check his mail too often so don't come crying to me later LOL

Jokes.

Yeah, didn't notice that before, email him or even phone him...just not at these times:

Mon-Fri: 5-7 PM (Hifz Class)

urm...that's about it...any other time.

I'm not going to post his number onto here. PM me if u need.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I just dont get it.

I watched it once, but I have seen posters of it, and theres like sisters with make up on and so forth, whats all that for.

I still don't see the need for sisters on there.

I heard a lecture by Khalid Yasin, he aint a scholar or nothing, but he was saying how Aisha may Allah be pleased with her taught from behind a curtain and stuff, yet we got sisters on tv with make up on speaking infront of thousands?

Makes ya wonder.

Also, I wonder how much time we spend listening to Nasheds when we could be listening to lectures, now honestly speaking which one yall think could benefit ya more?
There isn't a percentage to state just how much I agree with you. My teacher, Jalaal ibn Saeed used to present a show there when it first started, but he disagreed with them about some issues and left. I think women presenting shows is one of them.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-06-2006, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
LOL

He doesn't check his mail too often so don't come crying to me later LOL

Jokes.

Yeah, didn't notice that before, email him or even phone him...just not at these times:

Mon-Fri: 5-7 PM (Hifz Class)

urm...that's about it...any other time.

I'm not going to post his number onto here. PM me if u need.
any mor info bro.. :giggling: lol

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:09 PM
lol

did you manage to watch today's Q&A?

I think it may have just finished, or just finishing

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-06-2006, 08:18 PM
ohh.. nooo.. i thort its monday :? huh.. im confused..

wenz da repeat?

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:22 PM
lol

ur lucky it's still on :thumbs_up

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-06-2006, 08:24 PM
wenz it finish? cnt b bothad 2 change da chnnel;

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:28 PM
lol

Laziness....

It finishes at 9:30, it shud be over in a few mins.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-06-2006, 08:28 PM
yhhh.. cnt b bothered.. ooh, so wenz da repeat again lol

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm not too sure about repeats.......

I'm not sure when the repeats come on, like I said, not into TV much these days....

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-06-2006, 08:32 PM
oki fineeee, il check myself.. lol

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:35 PM
lol :thumbs_up that's it....Just need to click a few more buttons you see...you'll be there in no time...just keep those fingers moving...LOL

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:39 PM
lol

just kidding....

Listen up all u Taraweeh frm Makkah lovers (including me :p) I think it's on Saturdays and sunday nights, they have Taraweeh recordings from 2005 :'( SS and SAS (HA) are just too good :'(

12 AM onto 3 AM (UK time)

If you love it that much, u'll be able to stay up till fajr tim....

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-06-2006, 08:40 PM
if dey so good.. y u cryn.. hmmm :?

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:46 PM
hmph.......

Some parts they read are enoguh to bring down the hardest man, even me.....Sometimes the imams cry, and it just makes you look at the power of the Quraan, it's not easy for a man to cry, and when you see them break down in such a....:'( way...you just have to let a few tears....

check my personal page, the video in there made me cry for...let's say a very long time:

http://www.islamicboard.com/userpage...=4108#shouttop

Mohsin
06-06-2006, 08:47 PM

I think Islam Channel is good in certain ways. Programmes like Dr Zakir Naik, Ahmad Deeat, some of the Harun Yahya stuff, are all fantastic. Also good are stories of the prophets, Islamiqa, Seerah by the top SheikH assir Qadhi, and a few other programmes are good. But there are a lot of iffy programmes.

Regarding programmes with sisters on them, it has nothing to do with equal rights, certain programmes,which i shall not name, have sisters wearing make-up on, and its obviously gonna get certain guys looking, so shouldn't it deter the sisters from coming on? Allah Hu Aalim, i suppose the counter argument would be who then would present programmes like Muslimah Dilemmah

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:50 PM
well, I mean you need a sister to present a SISTERS' show.......Right?

and to return the Q, why is it that only guys will start lookin? I'm sure sisters will also be looking at the brothers....in that case, we should ban everything. right?

Do I sound like a fanatic?

Mohsin
06-06-2006, 09:00 PM

and to return the Q, why is it that only guys will start lookin? I'm sure sisters will also be looking at the brothers....in that case, we should ban everything. right?

Good points bro

afriend
06-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Just a few points....

anyone could have mentioned it really :p

Pk_#2
06-06-2006, 10:45 PM
The sista's dun wana luk at the bruvas man...but da ova points ok...hah

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-07-2006, 12:01 PM

The sisters shouldn't be wearing makeup then, should they?
And there aren't that many weird sisters out there who do stuff like brothers. My sisters best friend presents a show on the islam channel, and when all the guys recognise her they are on her CASE. And she gets so many emails from guys chatting her up and asking for her hand in marriage. And she doesn't even wear makeup.
What's wrong with a knowledgable brother speaking about women's issues anyway? Come on people, let's not be silly. This is Islam, not some P.S.E lesson in school.

scentsofjannah
06-07-2006, 09:40 PM
The sisters shouldn't be wearing makeup then, should they?
And there aren't that many weird sisters out there who do stuff like brothers. My sisters best friend presents a show on the islam channel, and when all the guys recognise her they are on her CASE. And she gets so many emails from guys chatting her up and asking for her hand in marriage. And she doesn't even wear makeup.
What's wrong with a knowledgable brother speaking about women's issues anyway? Come on people, let's not be silly. This is Islam, not some P.S.E lesson in school.

do u mind telling us whose that sis:happy:

Sis786
06-08-2006, 08:25 AM
All i got say is that Islam Channel is a LOT better than the other "ISLAM" channels out there. For instance "QTV" which is a Channel on Cable and based in Pakistan. You have sisters COVERED and i mean COVERED in make up BRIGHT coloured dresses standing singing Nasheeds, and the other one that gets me is this show called "Khawteen (Women) time" and it has a women who has this hairstyle in which all her hair is showing and then her scarf is PINNED at the top of this style and she sits corssed legged and PREACHES about Islam.

Even my mother is like "she is pretty" so i cant imagine what the men are saying!!

Yeah Islam Channel UK has its flaws its bound too but its an alternative to all the other Crap on Cable..

By the way i also did hear that some of the Fatwa's that the Imam's on Q&A time are not to be taken seriously is this true??

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Yes mashaAllah Islam channel has alot of good aspects, mashaAllah. I'm not denying that. I'm just saying they need to improve on a few things, inshaAllah. There's always room for improvement.

And no... i'm not saying who it is lol.

i_m_tipu
06-08-2006, 11:38 AM
islam channel!!

what i have to do in order to watch it

Mohsin
06-08-2006, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
loooooooooooool so true bout QTV!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

QTV is a brelvi channel, we should avoid it. So many occasions i've started hearing about pirs (saints) and going to graves. I only ever watch it when Dr Naik comes on QTV

Umar001
06-08-2006, 03:36 PM
There isn't a percentage to state just how much I agree with you. My teacher, Jalaal ibn Saeed used to present a show there when it first started, but he disagreed with them about some issues and left. I think women presenting shows is one of them.

For a second I thought you were gonna have a go at me.

Anyhow, Bro Iqraam, my view point was similar to that but I read something which made it change, it was so long ago I cant remember what it was :hiding:

But then you would have to ask yourself stuff like, why do men lead prayer and so when women could be distracted by men and so on.

why is it that men give khutbas in the view of women but women cant do the same.

I dont mind a sister teaching me, but as I said, from what I have heard they the mothers of believers taught from behind a screen, if im incorect someone correct me and if i am correct someone say, why do we need women now days to teach not only face to face near enough but with the latest mabeline lipstick and chanel 5 eye liner?

and dont forget the blusher too, with the sweetest voice.

Please be patient with me and forgive my mistakes

Salam aleykum Wa Rhametula Wa Berekatu

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-08-2006, 05:16 PM
QTV.. ur nt supposed 2 take in what dem ppl said.. i juz ignor dat, its soo weird man trus..

i keep 2 islam channel.. but dat new channel dtz comin out.. wtz it calld again :?

chacha_jalebi
06-08-2006, 05:19 PM
:rollseyes lol @ QTV its a islamic channel ye lol & in d adverts they show dem paki adverts of ppl dancin lol :rollseyes

islam channel is tick tock!! its heavy!!! :D

Umar001
06-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Uh

Im so confused since when did QCV become QTV and why we talkin about that anyhow?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-08-2006, 08:15 PM
duno.. sum1 brought it up :?

bak 2 islam channel..

what ur fave programmes?

afriend
06-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Taraweeh recordings from Makkah!!!!!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-08-2006, 08:18 PM
havent seen dat :? and wt about ur hifz teacher lol

afriend
06-08-2006, 08:20 PM
lol

It's late at night, so I wouldn't recomend it to non SS(HA) and SAS(HA) fans

And my hifz teacher's program is always wiv me LOL

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-08-2006, 08:25 PM
LOL damn, u reali lyk ur hifz teacher dont u.. bless..

afriend
06-08-2006, 08:26 PM
LOL

he is the main person in charge of Da'wah at that mosque, so I don't really have to watch the program.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-08-2006, 08:27 PM
lol, yh but i bet u still watch it.. afta all it is ut hifz teacher lol.. any1 els u knw?

afriend
06-08-2006, 08:39 PM
hmmm....

My aunty's husband's aunty (:p) is a journaist and interviews people for Islam channel.

family
06-08-2006, 11:58 PM
good channel

SistaHH
06-09-2006, 09:10 PM
yeh i think its an excellent channel- my favourite actually. You learn a lot from the programs.

x Maz x
06-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Me absolutely love the Qiraat competition MashAllah ma lil bredas and sistas sooo talented, makes meh cry when i see lil kids reciting so beautifully, Alllah keep them on Siratum Mustakeem and keep them stedfast to the deen InshAllah and Ameen Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-12-2006, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
For a second I thought you were gonna have a go at me.

Anyhow, Bro Iqraam, my view point was similar to that but I read something which made it change, it was so long ago I cant remember what it was :hiding:

But then you would have to ask yourself stuff like, why do men lead prayer and so when women could be distracted by men and so on.

why is it that men give khutbas in the view of women but women cant do the same.

I dont mind a sister teaching me, but as I said, from what I have heard they the mothers of believers taught from behind a screen, if im incorect someone correct me and if i am correct someone say, why do we need women now days to teach not only face to face near enough but with the latest mabeline lipstick and chanel 5 eye liner?

and dont forget the blusher too, with the sweetest voice.

Please be patient with me and forgive my mistakes

Salam aleykum Wa Rhametula Wa Berekatu
Oh sorry akhee... lol.... didn't mean to scare you.
But yeah, agreed again.

lol sis check d adverts out on QTV lol u will b lik "MY GOSH" cos ders 1 dat cracks me up lol, its advertisin oil & dey all start dancin cos sumhow miracely the oil made d food nice & d party got betta

bless d pakis & der dum adverts!!
Should you be watching that? Lol.
W'salaam

Sis786
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
QTV is a brelvi channel, we should avoid it. So many occasions i've started hearing about pirs (saints) and going to graves. I only ever watch it when Dr Naik comes on QTV
This is the same for the other channel "DM Digital" which is not launching a Islam Channel. They too always talk about the topic od visiting "Darbars" and Graves and that the Prophet SAW is present here and can hear and see.

I think we need to consider before we watch TV what we are watching and how this is going to influcence,

Ok here is a example i was told and i read somewhere that i would need to read "Qazah" make up for all my missed prayers from the age of puberty onwards.

So i was..THEN

A person ask this question on Islam Channel "Q&A" and the Scholar was Abu Hanifah and he said No just make Taubah and ask for forgivness,

So this was contridicting as i stopped but was told no you have to make up for the prayers...

Its all confusing just be careful.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-15-2006, 05:06 PM
hmmm....

My aunty's husband's aunty (:p) is a journaist and interviews people for Islam channel.
lol.. joka.. ive seen ur hifz teacher.. iz he 4rm middle east or an arabic speakin country or sumfin :? he seems 2 speak alot of arabic, thats gud tho..

Skillganon
06-16-2006, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
....For instance "QTV" which is a Channel on Cable and based in Pakistan. Even my mother is like "she is pretty" so i cant imagine what the men are saying!!
QTV, is a Qadiani channel, from this man who claimed he is a prophet in Part of Pakistan called Qadian. From our knowledge of Islam i.e. evidence in our scripture, that our prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was the last messenger. (seal)
So we know he was a false prophet, who's intention is to deivide the muslim ummah and lead many astray for political reason and power.
I think Pakistan has recognised them as non-muslim. Their might be more available in the secterian section.

I advise you not to watch it so we don't give viewing rating.

alitheislamian
06-16-2006, 06:33 AM

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 09:42 AM
So... he's debating him? About hinduism? Interesting.
W'salaam

waji
06-16-2006, 11:26 AM

QTV, is a Qadiani channel, from this man who claimed he is a prophet in Part of Pakistan called Qadian. From our knowledge of Islam i.e. evidence in our scripture, that our prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was the last messenger. (seal)
So we know he was a false prophet, who's intention is to deivide the muslim ummah and lead many astray for political reason and power.
I think Pakistan has recognised them as non-muslim. Their might be more available in the secterian section.

I advise you not to watch it so we don't give viewing rating.
Brother u have wrong information
QTV is not Qadiani channel that i can confirm
MTA = Muslim Television Ahmedia, actually Qadiani channel, it runs from England

again i tell Qtv is not Qadiani TV

Mohsin
06-16-2006, 11:28 AM

Brother u have wrong information
QTV is not Qadiani channel that i can confirm
MTA = Muslim Television Ahmedia, actually Qadiani channel, it runs from England

again i tell Qtv is not Qadiani TV

Brother Wkas is right, MTA is the Qadiani channel, QTV is a channel which has a lot of brelvi scholars coming on

Mohsin
06-16-2006, 11:29 AM
So... he's debating him? About hinduism? Interesting.
W'salaam

Salam, the poster is old, i think the debate happened back in january. There was a post in LI somewhere with a link to the debate

waji
06-16-2006, 11:59 AM

Salam, the poster is old, i think the debate happened back in january. There was a post in LI somewhere with a link to the debate
Mohsin the poster is about the Peace TV started by irf

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh right. JazakAllah.

Mohsin
06-17-2006, 04:19 PM

Mohsin the poster is about the Peace TV started by irf

No bro, look at the bottom of the poster. Its advertising the debate, it shows the date of the debate, 21st January 6.30 pm to 10pm. the actual advert for the channel when it opened was different

waji
06-18-2006, 11:20 AM

of fine
how do find the Peace TV

Munda Pakistani
06-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Isna't Islam Channel Qadiani?

waji
06-18-2006, 06:07 PM

which islam channel

can u give any details

Sis786
06-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Brother Wkas is right, MTA is the Qadiani channel, QTV is a channel which has a lot of brelvi scholars coming on
Yep this Bro is right QTV is not Qadiani it does have has the Bro said Brelvi Scholars on there, Its that other channel that is Qadiani MTA, Its a BIG No No

Mohsin
06-19-2006, 11:18 AM

of fine
how do find the Peace TV

:sl: bro

Um i'm not too sure myself since i haven't got it yet, but in the poster it says on the bottom right how to tune in. You would need to phone your cable operator

Skillganon
06-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Yep this Bro is right QTV is not Qadiani it does have has the Bro said Brelvi Scholars on there, Its that other channel that is Qadiani MTA, Its a BIG No No
You might be right, I will check my SKY channels agan. But what is "Brelvi"?

Sis786
06-20-2006, 08:07 AM
You might be right, I will check my SKY channels agan. But what is "Brelvi"?
From what i know they are a group of people that believe that the Prophet SAW is "Hazar Nazar" meaning all hearing and seeing and watches oever him Ummah i think they believe that its on a certain day Thursday or Friday that the dead wait for the living to make dua and leave food for them.

Also they believe in a lot praying at Shirnes and Visitng shirnes. There was this one women on my street and when she had her first son she would shave his head but leave a section and grew him a plait. Then when he was 2 she went to a Shirne in Pakistan cut of the plait and left it there as a thank you.

Astagfrillah!

hia
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM
jalaal ibn saeed teaches you???, what subjects?.He is such a good speaker, i went to one of his talk about jannah, it was so nice. it was at kings college, he started mentioning the scenery and atmosphere in through the quran then he hit us with this question that got all the sisters in the lecture room thinking, what if you didn't make it? what if your friend did or the person next to you. it was chilling i tell you!, everybody looked at the person beside them. i understand why he disagreed with females being on that show, they should be screened at least. i heard the prophet use to screen himself from women.And the women at that time used their outer garments to cover their face when a man comes close. So imagine the tv? all those women on that show very close to all the men viewing that channel?. And that love letters that sister got just goes to show.

islam channel is a great channel, it inspires a lot of people. it usually aimed for non-practicing muslims, or those with little knowledge. But majority of people their follow different rulings/madhabs so it causes confusion sometimes. maliki follow the opinion music is halal depending on the wording used, maybe that explains the music?. its such a great channel but too many people critize it too much about the music, the advertisments etc we should just see it for its good nothing else. we're required to provide 70 excuses for brothers/sisters before passing judgment.And hopefully inshallah things will change gradually.

Ghazi
06-20-2006, 09:53 PM

didn't the prophet say lower your gaza, doesn't it defeat the purpose then when men are watching women on T.V.

Mohsin
06-21-2006, 04:58 PM
In times today we know there are different da'wah groups and movements out there, all working with the same purpose for the pleasure of Allah. Now, none of these tarteebs shall we say are perfect, but they all have a lot of good in them. We should all take the good each different group shows and if we feel they are bad in any way we leave that aspect. So in that view i think we should take advantage of the good Islam channel provides like Q n A, Sirah, Zakir Naik, Ahmad Deedat Harun yahya etc and the things we feel, with our limited knowledge, that goes against shariah, well just leave them out. i don't think we will ahve any perfect tarteeb till imam Mahdi comes when the whole ummah will be united and follow his way

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-24-2006, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hia
jalaal ibn saeed teaches you???, what subjects?.He is such a good speaker, i went to one of his talk about jannah, it was so nice. it was at kings college, he started mentioning the scenery and atmosphere in through the quran then he hit us with this question that got all the sisters in the lecture room thinking, what if you didn't make it? what if your friend did or the person next to you. it was chilling i tell you!, everybody looked at the person beside them. i understand why he disagreed with females being on that show, they should be screened at least. i heard the prophet use to screen himself from women.And the women at that time used their outer garments to cover their face when a man comes close. So imagine the tv? all those women on that show very close to all the men viewing that channel?. And that love letters that sister got just goes to show.

islam channel is a great channel, it inspires a lot of people. it usually aimed for non-practicing muslims, or those with little knowledge. But majority of people their follow different rulings/madhabs so it causes confusion sometimes. maliki follow the opinion music is halal depending on the wording used, maybe that explains the music?. its such a great channel but too many people critize it too much about the music, the advertisments etc we should just see it for its good nothing else. we're required to provide 70 excuses for brothers/sisters before passing judgment.And hopefully inshallah things will change gradually.
Yeah he teaches islamic lessons in a west london highschool at late evenings till around 9ish, on a friday. I haven't been able to come that much lately though. Partially because my brother won't drive me, but also because it's really far from my house, and it's not good for a young girl me to be roaming around late by myself...especially when it's missions home.
His talks are AWESOME. The topics range from time to time. We were learning about adab for a while. But one day he brought in a Cd of a man, reading ibnul qayyim al jawziyy's (may Allah have mercy on him) talk about the inhabitants of jannah in a poetic manner.... subhanAllah it was so beautiful. And he was translating it for us, and he was crying sooo deeply. It was so moving. No one in the room could hold back their tears. But the good thing is that us sisters sit in the room next to the brothers, and they put a speaker in our room, so there is no fitnah. And if we have any questions we write them down and pop them under the door. MashaAllah may Allah grant him more tawfiq, ameen.
W'salaam

Hijaabi22
06-25-2006, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
sat nyt live THE BEST SHOW!!!

Hijaabi22
06-25-2006, 04:48 PM

Also they believe in a lot praying at Shirnes and Visitng shirnes. There was this one women on my street and when she had her first son she would shave his head but leave a section and grew him a plait. Then when he was 2 she went to a Shirne in Pakistan cut of the plait and left it there as a thank you.

Astagfrillah!
TAUBA!

Starseeker
06-25-2006, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
sat nyt live THE BEST SHOW!!!
True say. I actually enjoy watching it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.