/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sociology Or Psychology?

youngsister
05-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Salam, next year i will be taking one of these subject as an intensive A level and one as an AS, was wondering which 1 is more intresting and EASIER? lol

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
05-25-2006, 07:24 PM
i wudda luved to have done Psychology sounds well interestin!

Sunflower
05-25-2006, 07:29 PM
well i did as psychology last year and and now im doing a2 psychology-just finished! i really enjoyed studying it. i would recommend doing psychology because i no how much i enjoyed it.
if u have any questions that u want me to answer about psychology please free feel to do sis.
wasalam

seeker_of_ilm
05-25-2006, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
Salam, next year i will be taking one of these subject as an intensive A level and one as an AS, was wondering which 1 is more intresting and EASIER? lol
:sl:

Everyone I know that does Psychology finds it boring. But I don't study it, have read a bit and find it quite interesting. Sociology is supposed to be a really easy subject, provided you do the work.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sunflower
05-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Everyone I know that does Psychology finds it boring. But I don't study it, have read a bit and find it quite interesting. Sociology is supposed to be a really easy subject, provided you do the work.

its not a boring subject! but i suppose everyone enjoys differnt things

Woodrow
05-25-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm curious as to what Psychology courses you would have option to choose. Unless you plan to enter into the field of psychology I would highly recommend you take Developmental Psychology. It is interesting, easy and will be of value if you ever have children.

youngsister
05-25-2006, 07:43 PM
^how are u finding it sis?

Sunflower
05-25-2006, 07:50 PM
ive really enjoyed the past 2 years of psych really! its been really fun and weve done a wide range of topics from social, developmental pyshiological psychology and other countless things!
for me when i was studying some of the topics it made me aware of how we are affected by things that cause us to change our way of thinking or behaving..i think its intresting...so much that inshallah im going to do it at uni.

youngsister
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok thats my choice then lol the thing is i will be doing AS and A2 in one year as its intensive i am gonna die :( may god help me !

Sunflower
05-25-2006, 07:57 PM
no u wint die!! and inshallah allah will make it easy for you.i think if u enjoy learning something then it is much easier for you to remeber it!

youngsister
05-25-2006, 07:59 PM
yea inshallah :)

aamirsaab
05-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Psychology is fantastic. Don't know much about sociology though.

Woodrow
05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Psychology is fantastic. Don't know much about sociology though.
I don't know about the schools where you all go. In the school I did my undergrad work Sociology was a nightmare. I waited till I was a senior to take sociology 101 as an elective. Fortunatly I was warned about the Professor and prepared myself first. Had a strange Professor He lectured in German, wrote his blackboard notes in Hebrew and the text books were in French.

Sunflower
05-25-2006, 08:11 PM
how were u able to learn amything from that????-well unless ur multilingual and understand all those languages which i ceratinly dont..

Sister_6038
05-25-2006, 08:12 PM
ok its not necessarily about whats easier because A Levels are challenging go for the one that you will like most....just do a bit of background research into the syllabuses (spelt wrong) and see whats covered by the examining board of your college....:D:D:D i didnt do that but hey i would deffo as the syllabus shows a lot and you can look at what kinda topics you will be studying....just make sure you do good research so you dont regret it

Sunflower
05-25-2006, 08:16 PM
yeah that is true if ur examing board is not good then ur in trouble check with ur college what their exam board is - if it AQA..well what can i say?????

strider
05-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Assalamu alaikum

InshaAllah, planning on taking both in September @ A-level. :)

Ma'assalama

Protected_Diamond
05-25-2006, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister

I do both ukhti, but i find sociology is much easier! It's basically about different societys, education, family and research methods ( which include the pros and cons of questionnaires, the different types of interviews, observation and so on)

Best of luck ukhti in life...

Looking4Peace
05-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Psychology and sociology go hand and hand with each other, I am a semester away from having my bachelors in psy and I took a good number of sociology classes as well. Both subjects are great.

Woodrow
05-25-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah 4eva
how were u able to learn amything from that????-well unless ur multilingual and understand all those languages which i ceratinly dont..
The school I did my undergrade work was quite advanced. The Professors actually made the courses as difficult as possible. The emphasis was not so much on subject matter, but more directed to teach us to learn on our own and do our own research.

Nearly half the curriculuum was independent studies in which we had to design our own courses, develope a learning plan, state what we intended to learn and then get approval from our advisor.

The sociology course was actualy based on the concept of establishing dialogue with other cultures and viewing the influence language and culture had on social values. Actualy the course was quite simple if you did not get intimidated by the professor. All that the actual teaching was, was the Theories of Kant, which the Prof covered with his German lectures. The only necessary language to understand the basics of the course was German, which was required in the Freshman and sophmore years. However, to truly understand what we were to learn, an exposure to many languages was a plus.

Yes, every student in the school was at least bi-lingual. We had a wide range of students from all over.

You have to remember, I go back a few years the school system here in the states was much stricter at that time. We were required to have completed at least one language prior to finishing grade school. The choices I had were Latin, French or Spanish. Since I was Roman Catholic at that time and was an alter boy in the Church I chose Latin. That was sort of cheating, back then the Catholic Masses were said in Latin.

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 10:06 PM
salaam

sis i did sociology its easyyy

i smashed it propa lol :) & me bunked lik 1 n a half yrs!! :rollseyes

lol a level sociolgy is easy, psychology is kind of a mission, but me tinks dey r both the same, but sociology is much easier :)

Woodrow
05-25-2006, 10:10 PM
At an undergrad level Sociology and Psychology have much in common. However, advanced work becomes primarly a study of the workings of the entire neuro system and is more closely related to statistics and neuro surgery then it is to sociology. Unless a psychologist specializes in Clinical Psychology, his work will bear very little resemblance to the popular concept of a psychologist.

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
rather well said woody :p

*charisma*
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I've taken both classes, and by far sociology is easier. I enjoyed both very much, but sociology is easier to learn because a lot of it has to do with common sense, and with psychology you have to know all the parts of the brain, illnesses and disorders, how people think...it can get boring after a while..but whatever you chose inshallah it'll be the right choice.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

ebuharun
06-09-2006, 05:24 AM
I am
Graduated in Philosophy and Sociology, a lot course in Psychology.
Have Nothing in Emputy Time lost. Good if you have a time and money for nothing.

Uma Rayanah
06-11-2006, 04:56 PM

i would say go 4 sociology... i had finished ma A2 level.... i found A2 more interestin thou than As....:) ..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.