PDA

View Full Version : Intro from a new Muslim



Erich H. Krycek
05-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Salam Waalaikum everyone,

I reverted to Islam back in December after a long quest to do research and find the truth. I've decided to post here because there is still a lot I want to find out about the religion.

I struggle a lot with my faith because I have severe depression. Sometimes I am tired of being alive. It feels like Allah is the only one on my side.

I'm very angry at the world, and I don't even know if I'll be allowed to post here. But I am always honest about myself.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: This section is only for introductions - other issues can be discussed in more detail in other sections.

I hope to see everyone around, InSha'Allah. I will definately post here to ask the questions I have. I've already read The Qur'an 1 and a half times, and read some Hadiths and Sunnah, but I still have a long way to go with prayer and faith. There are still questions I have.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
05-26-2006, 01:43 AM
assallamualaikum,

please don't be depress...:heated:

In Islam is very important for us to be cheerful...:happy:

anyway...congratulations on your conversion.

nice knowing you:thankyou: ... and i will read your blog.

there is so many brothers here you can make friends...
have fun:sister:

wassallam
Reply

F.Y.
05-26-2006, 04:22 AM
Mashallah brother!
It is great to have you here. There are many reverts that are part of this forum, I am sure you will be able to relate to many of thier stories.

Your introduction spoke to me particularly because I know how it is to feel that only Allah is on your side. But - He is enough for us.

Have a nice stay here.
You will be in my prayers for sure.

Peace to you always.
Reply

aljawaad
05-26-2006, 04:51 AM
[MOUSE]Welcome to Islam & the Forum Bro[/MOUSE]

Insha'Allaah u'll have a beneficial stay here.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Tilmeez
05-26-2006, 06:22 AM
:sl:
Reply

primitivefuture
05-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Can you tell us more about yourself --- your history and how you came to Islam?

Salaam :)
Reply

Dawud_uk
05-26-2006, 06:31 AM
assalaamu alaykum brother,

my name is Daw'ud and i am a revert from Sheffield, UK.

many times you are gonna feel tested, but remember Allah doesnt test you more than you can bare, insha'allah (Allah willing) you see this as it makes life so much easier.

take care and feel free to ask advice or help from us anytime, that is what being a brother in islam is all about - we are here for you as much as we can.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud
Reply

x Maz x
05-26-2006, 06:37 AM
SubhanAllah...Everything good and bad is from Allah...This corrupted dunya can get to you, I myself can relate...but akhi [brother] remember to Him we belong and to Him is our return....Keep in the struggle, May Allah help you in this world and Akhira and Allah ease your struggles and help you when your faced with calamities ...Akhi, your Iman is like your life!..MashAllah its soo good to hear about how many people are enlightened by this beuaitful relgion and consequently reverting back to deen-ul-haaq [true way of life]...MashAllah respect to you dearest brother in Islam...
Peace be with you x
Reply

Erich H. Krycek
05-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Thank you to everyone who has replied!

I posted a link to my blog where I gave an indepth explanation to why I converted to Islam. I guess the mods did not want the link here. Some people have requested more information on why I converted. That cannot be explained in only a few paragraphs. So here is that in depth essay.... if any one is up to reading it.

---
Reply

Erich H. Krycek
05-26-2006, 07:40 AM
I hope my posting that is not a problem. All of that essay is relevant to why I converted to Islam... hence why I'm here giving my introduction.
Reply

syilla
05-26-2006, 07:47 AM
i already read your blog...

before the mod deleted it...

there are few questions i wanna to ask...

but nevamind..maybe later...
Reply

Erich H. Krycek
05-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Any questions may be emailed to erich_h_krycek@fastmail.fm.

I have no problem answering any questions because I have nothing to hide. However, it would be better to discuss them off-board as I don't currently have PM access and I am quite controversial.
Reply

Sister_6038
05-26-2006, 08:22 AM
[BANANA]:sl: :brother: a warm welcome from myself :sister: Hat and the dude holding ze banner :D:D:D[/BANANA]
Reply

syilla
05-26-2006, 08:25 AM
I have no problem answering any questions because I have nothing to hide. However, it would be better to discuss them off-board as I don't currently have PM access and I am quite controversial.
dun worry... i think is not only you....

some of them is here...hehehe..
Reply

nurul3eyn
05-26-2006, 08:34 AM
:sl:
:welcome: :brother:

:w:
Reply

Eric H
05-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Erich, welcome to the forum and I look forwards to reading some of your posts.

It is not me who needs God to justify my actions, it is God who needs me to justify his actions.
I am struggling to understand how God needs you to justify his actions.

In the spirit of journeying in faith always one day at a time knowing that our God holds us in the palm of his hand

Eric H
Reply

romina
05-26-2006, 11:12 AM
[BANANA]wellcome to islam[/BANANA]
may god bless you
enshallah became cheerfull from the world
I try to see your weblog
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
05-26-2006, 11:55 AM
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam
Reply

swanlake
05-26-2006, 01:01 PM
:sl:

Welcome brother

Can i also say that peadophilia isnt acceptable in Islam. May Allah help you overcome this desease.
Reply

afriend2
05-26-2006, 05:37 PM
salaam,

welcome! inshAllah you will find LI to be very beneficial :)

wassalam :peace:
Reply

bint_muhammed
05-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Erich H. Krycek
Salam Waalaikum everyone,

I reverted to Islam back in December after a long quest to do research and find the truth. I've decided to post here because there is still a lot I want to find out about the religion.

I struggle a lot with my faith because I have severe depression. Sometimes I am tired of being alive. It feels like Allah is the only one on my side.

I'm very angry at the world, and I don't even know if I'll be allowed to post here. But I am always honest about myself.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: This section is only for introductions - other issues can be discussed in more detail in other sections.

I hope to see everyone around, InSha'Allah. I will definately post here to ask the questions I have. I've already read The Qur'an 1 and a half times, and read some Hadiths and Sunnah, but I still have a long way to go with prayer and faith. There are still questions I have.
welcome to islam!!!!!!:brother:
Reply

Erich H. Krycek
05-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by swanlake
:sl:

Welcome brother

Can i also say that peadophilia isnt acceptable in Islam. May Allah help you overcome this desease.



I ask you to please not insult Prophet Muhammad (SAW) for his marriage to Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) with hurtful lies.


You see, this is why Allah needs me to defend him. The disgraceful West has enforced lies of propaganda onto the rest of the world which blaspheme Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and Allah's eternal law. I proved this in my intro.

In Islam, the age for marriage is puberty, meaning that a man can marry a child who has passed puberty. This is, by definition, pedophilia (not the -------ized version of the word the West forces down everyone's throats).
Reply

Wahid
05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
heh are u for real?, i think not.
Reply

Erich H. Krycek
05-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Vahid
heh are u for real?, i think not.
ped·o·phile
An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.
(dictionary.com)

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 17:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
When I got married, Allah's Apostle said to me, "What type of lady have you married?" I replied, "I have married a matron' He said, "Why, don't you have a liking for the young virgins and for fondling them?" Jabir also said: Allah's Apostle said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?'

Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, BUT the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Here not only is it evident that Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) had not been robbed of any childhood, but that if Muhammad (SAW) is guilty of forcing anything on her, it is forcing her to have a childhood! More so, Muhammad (SAW) was in a position where he could have taken advantage of Aisha's preteen friends without anyone thinking anything bad of it. Yet in no place does it say that he took her friends as concubines. This is something that Muhammad (SAW) actually forbid!

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 67:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "A matron should not be given in marriage except after consulting her; and a virgin should not be given in marriage except after her permission." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! How can we know her permission?" He said, "Her silence (indicates her permission)."


Child exploiter? More like child activist.
Reply

snakelegs
05-27-2006, 02:04 AM
you became a muslim because you think islam justifies your pedophilia???????
:grumbling :grumbling :grumbling
Reply

Erich H. Krycek
05-27-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
you became a muslim because you think islam justifies your pedophilia???????
:grumbling :grumbling :grumbling

You bent a small part of my essay to justify YOUR own opinion?

Despite whatever interest Islam sparked for me and after everything I'd learned, that was not enough. I still had to challenge it. Every day for about two hours, two months straight, I researched Islam, looking for any loopholes to prove it wrong. I didn't want to have to convert, but I found nothing in which could justly prevent me from converting.

This says it all, unless of coarse you think I'm lying, and me being me, that would put your arguments into perspective since I would know that you are wrong about me lying.
Reply

snakelegs
05-27-2006, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Erich H. Krycek
You bent a small part of my essay to justify YOUR own opinion?

Despite whatever interest Islam sparked for me and after everything I'd learned, that was not enough. I still had to challenge it. Every day for about two hours, two months straight, I researched Islam, looking for any loopholes to prove it wrong. I didn't want to have to convert, but I found nothing in which could justly prevent me from converting.

This says it all, unless of coarse you think I'm lying, and me being me, that would put your arguments into perspective since I would know that you are wrong about me lying.
i didn't bend anything. here is a direct quote from your essay:

"Being Muslim leaves one with enough hatred pivoted against them. Being a pedophile leaves even more. Explain to me how being a Muslim pedophile could possibly help my cause? If anything, it hurts it. But I am here to give testimony to the truth. This is what the Prophets did and they were hated by their enemies even worse, and by their own people. So by condemning me, you only prove me right and exalt me most high!"
Reply

Nicola
05-27-2006, 06:00 AM
I haven't had a chance to read your blog...

but are you saying you like little girls because Mohammed married a 6year old?
Reply

Dawud_uk
05-27-2006, 08:29 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

pedophilia is an exploitative relationship of a child,

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) and her marriage to the prophet Muhammad (saws) wasnt exploitative and it is obvious they loved each other very much and would have remained married for many years were it not for the dealth of the prophet Muhammad (saws).

i also agree that the age the west and many muslims now judge adulthood is not from the sunnah, they judge it based upon an arbitary target, in the UK the age of concent is 16, most europeans nations have it set at 14, some US states 18 and Spain until a few years ago it was 12!

now most non-muslims would judge based on the norm of their country, so i am sure someone in those US states seeing that consent age in many european countries in 14 would label it with pedophilia, but to the people in those countries it is normal.

now in islam the age is judged when the individual is physically ready, once a young man or woman has reached puberty they are an adult and they can marry and i do know couples who married very young and would have married younger if still living in darul islam (the islamic lands).

the difference is if a man marries a young woman out of a desire only for young women he will tire of her quickly as she grows older, where as a man who marries a young women because of this narration and because of other reasons as well will grow fonder and fonder of her with the years passing and she grows older.

i think we should now give the brother a break, he has come here looking for help and support and as muslims we should know better than to attack and belittle, if you disagree then do as Allah says in the Quran, use Kind words and beautiful speech and argue with them in ways that are better.

Welcome to the forum Erich, Insha'Allah (God willing) you benefit greatly from it as i have.

Assalaamu Alaykum,
Daw'ud
Reply

Pk_#2
05-27-2006, 09:35 AM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Welcum to the forum bro...i dnt get all dat ^^ so i guess tis best not to comment

Also welcome to Islam :)

WalaykumSalaam
Reply

snakelegs
05-27-2006, 05:45 PM
some more excerpts from your 10 page essay. mods will probably delete but i think people should have an idea what this discussion is about, so i'll give it a try.

you are either a genuine nutcase or an extremely devoted anti-muslim - or both.

(by the way, if you are really interested, check the refutations section of the forum and i'm sure the whole issue is addressed there.)

anyway, here are some more excerpts from your essay.

"No longer was my research about religion; it was about pedophilia. I read the detailed history of people accepting pedophilia, and the hypocrisy of Christians became evident for not being accepting of it today."

"Historians and scholars both agree that the Virgin Mary was no older than thirteen when she gave birth to Jesus. Joseph would have been over fifteen, but probably more like over twenty. Since she was indeed a virgin when she gave birth to Christ, this does indeed mean that Joseph had never slept with her. However, what this does mean is that God himself committed the evil sin of statutory rape by impregnating her! If pedophilia is the huge sin that it is, why didn't God make one mention in any scripture of it being evil for a man to marry a little girl, despite it being historically known that such things were going on back then?"

" Most importantly, I learned that children do have sexuality and that consensual sexual relations with adults cause harm only because of how little children are taught about sex, and because of all the negative outlooks the West has on such relations."
Reply

Skillganon
05-28-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by Erich H. Krycek
Salam Waalaikum everyone,

I reverted to Islam back in December after a long quest to do research and find the truth. I've decided to post here because there is still a lot I want to find out about the religion.

I struggle a lot with my faith because I have severe depression. Sometimes I am tired of being alive. It feels like Allah is the only one on my side.

I'm very angry at the world, and I don't even know if I'll be allowed to post here. But I am always honest about myself.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: This section is only for introductions - other issues can be discussed in more detail in other sections.

I hope to see everyone around, InSha'Allah. I will definately post here to ask the questions I have. I've already read The Qur'an 1 and a half times, and read some Hadiths and Sunnah, but I still have a long way to go with prayer and faith. There are still questions I have.
Enjoy your stay bro, and hope you learn about this religion.
Reply

Wahid
05-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
some more excerpts from your 10 page essay. mods will probably delete but i think people should have an idea what this discussion is about, so i'll give it a try.

you are either a genuine nutcase or an extremely devoted anti-muslim - or both.

(by the way, if you are really interested, check the refutations section of the forum and i'm sure the whole issue is addressed there.)

anyway, here are some more excerpts from your essay.

"No longer was my research about religion; it was about pedophilia. I read the detailed history of people accepting pedophilia, and the hypocrisy of Christians became evident for not being accepting of it today."

"Historians and scholars both agree that the Virgin Mary was no older than thirteen when she gave birth to Jesus. Joseph would have been over fifteen, but probably more like over twenty. Since she was indeed a virgin when she gave birth to Christ, this does indeed mean that Joseph had never slept with her. However, what this does mean is that God himself committed the evil sin of statutory rape by impregnating her! If pedophilia is the huge sin that it is, why didn't God make one mention in any scripture of it being evil for a man to marry a little girl, despite it being historically known that such things were going on back then?"

" Most importantly, I learned that children do have sexuality and that consensual sexual relations with adults cause harm only because of how little children are taught about sex, and because of all the negative outlooks the West has on such relations."

Wow, this guy has serious issues
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 04:16 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 03:28 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 12:38 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 04:51 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 02:44 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!