/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Koran Defends the Jews that they didnt kill Jesus the Messiah

north_malaysian
05-26-2006, 03:00 AM
That they said (in boast) "We killed Christ Jesus the Son of Mary, the Apostle of Allah"; BUT THEY KILLED HIM NOT, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, FOR A SURETY THEY KILLED HIM NOT.

(Koran 4:157)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F.Y.
05-26-2006, 04:17 AM
To the more knowledgeable members, please tell me if I am wrong, but I don't think the Qur'an is defending the Jews who tried to kill Jesus (pbuh). I think Allah is saying that the Jews tried to kill him and thought they were successful, but in fact, they were not successful. So it is more of a statement of defence of what really happened to Jesus (pbuh) rather than a defence of the Jews.

Peace

syilla
05-26-2006, 04:23 AM
they have killed different person thats for sure...

Joe98
05-26-2006, 05:38 AM
The Romans ruled at the time and only the Romans could order execution.

But the Jews handed Jesus to the Romans for execution.

There was a trial and that trial by any standard was unfair.

Ultimately the Romans and the Jews are both to blame.

The Catholic church used to teach that the Jews were to blame. But it does not matter who is to blame. the belief is that he died and rise fro the dead.

If neither had killed him he could not have risen from the dead.

-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
05-26-2006, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
they have killed different person thats for sure...
It seems to me that an equally plausible interpretation would be that they did not kill Jesus because he could NOT be killed; i.e pretty much the Christian view of Jesus' "death" and resurrection. That may just be the translation, though.

I can't see any "defence" in there, just a statement that those who thought they had killed Jesus were wrong.

north_malaysian
05-26-2006, 07:02 AM
From my view - If there is a trial of who killed Jesus. Nobody can ever be persecuted because Jesus is not dead.

God is telling that he made the Jews, Romans delusioned that they have killed someone. By saying that Jesus was not killed - it means no sins for them as they're delusioned. Peace.

Nicola
05-26-2006, 07:20 AM
you can take this scripture to mean many different things...

searchingsoul
05-26-2006, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
you can take this scripture to mean many different things...
The quoted scripture isn't clear to me.

Ayesha Rana
05-26-2006, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
The quoted scripture isn't clear to me.
It is saying that the Jews thought they killed Isa(as) but in reality it only appeared to them as though they killed him and they did not really kill him.
Hope it is clear now Insha'Allah. Salaam. May Allah guide you.

Wahid
05-26-2006, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
From my view - If there is a trial of who killed Jesus. Nobody can ever be persecuted because Jesus is not dead.

God is telling that he made the Jews, Romans delusioned that they have killed someone. By saying that Jesus was not killed - it means no sins for them as they're delusioned. Peace.
salam
then they would be guilty of betraying the Prophet of Allah which is bigger than murder, the pple that betrayed him that is

azim
05-26-2006, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

That argument doesn't work. They had intention to kill him and would have killed him. Whether they killed another or whatever - they will be held accountable for what they did and what tried to do.

i.e. I drink a bottle a beer but fail to realise it's actually water. I'll still get sin, I'm disobeying Allah knowingly - I simply don't know that I'm not actually drinking beer.

Al-Mu'min
05-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Peace and blessings.

Wether the Jews killed Jesus (may peace be upon him) or not doesn't make them less guilty. They intended to kill him and thats what is important. Allah is not defending the Jews but He is saying they are mistaken.

God answered Jesus' prayers and saved him. Whoever they killed, they thought he was Jesus. The Quran says they didn't kill him but Allah made it appear to them that they did.

Thats why they(the Jews) boast about killing him. This ofcourse is nothing new to them. They have always killed prophets of God and this along with their rejection of some prophets and acception of others(like Moses) is the reason why God didn't entrust them with His the final message to humanity.

In Islam, we believe that Allah made Jesus( May peace and blessings be upon him) ascend to heaven before this happened. Who was replaced in his place is unknown. Some theories say it was Judas( the disciple that betrayed him) that was crucified in his place after he was made to look like Jesus. Anyway these are only theories but what is for sure is that Jesus' request that "this cup be passed" was accepted by God and he was saved.

What's important is that the Jews are claiming is false. Jesus(pbuh) will have the final word when he comes back. Then he will die his natural
death (everyone must experience this) after defeating the anti-Christ and bringing peace to the world.

Peace out.

north_malaysian
05-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Killing Jesus - No Jews have sins of Killing Jesus (Koran confirms)

Betrayals. conspiracies anything - that bethween them and God. As long as I know none of them sinned of killing Jesus.

Muslim Knight
05-28-2006, 08:49 AM
The Jews didn't kill Jesus pbuh. But they were guilty of conspiring to kill Jesus. And prophet Zakariyah too. Prophet Yahya 'alayhi salaam they had him killed by way of deception. Jews also made halal what God has made haram, and that is lending on interest (usury). This is proven when Jesus chased out the Jews from the Temple, saying that they (the Jews) were "turning the House of God into the den of thieves". For these sins of conspiring against and murdering God's prophets, God punished them by making the promised Land forbidden for them to set foot.

First punishment came when God moved Nebuchednezzar to conquer them and had the Temple of Solomon destroyed, second when Roman army under General Titus destroyed the rebuilt Temple. The third time was when Muslim army under Khalifah Umar r.a. conquered Jerusalem. Muslims ruled for 800 years before Jerusalem was taken again by this time by the crusaders from Europe. During the second Crusade, Muslim army under Salahaddin Al-Ayyubi retook Jerusalem.

The final act of divine punishment against the Jews will come when black banners of Muslim army under Al-Mahdi will come to destroy Israel for the last time. Imran N. Hosein in his book "Jerusalem in the Quran" interpreted in the hadith where it was mentioned that Jesus will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish jizyah; he says that "the pigs" were meant to be the Jews. This is said so because the Jews attempted to murder the Messiah and twisted God's word into making halal what God has made haraam. So "the pigs" were uttered as to mean extreme divine anger against the Jews.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.