/* */

PDA

View Full Version : chatting

jameelash
05-26-2006, 03:11 AM
salam-I notice some brother and sister addressing each other(in hot discussion):heated: my dearest sis or bro even their identify is not known.is it ok in Islam?shouldn,t it be avoided?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
05-26-2006, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameela
salam-I notice some brother and sister addressing each other(in hot discussion):heated: my dearest sis or bro even their identify is not known.is it ok in Islam?shouldn,t it be avoided?:?

As long as the brothers and sisters aren't trying to hook up for a date, aren't they allowed to have intellectual conversation?

jameelash
05-26-2006, 03:32 AM
salam-no i only meant avoiding such words "dearest" .such word r not necessary to have intellectual conversation. do they?

Halima
05-26-2006, 04:09 AM
:sl:

Thank you for your inquiries.

I would like to say that in a hot seated discussion the last things that brothers/sisters have on their mind is an equal attraction..per say.

In an intellectual convrsation..the last thing you wanna say to a brother is 'dear' or honey..anyone can take it as the other way around, because it is not normal.

Even chatting through the net there are some rules and consequences that come with it.

Perhaps this shall help you to understand insha'Allah..

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...mashallah.html

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Najiullah
05-26-2006, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

Perhaps this shall help you to understand insha'Allah..

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...mashallah.html

link not working :(

Halima
05-26-2006, 04:49 AM

Okay..here it is.

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...main_cat_id=39

aljawaad
05-26-2006, 04:54 AM
ME too guess dta its k to chat as long a beneficial issues are being discussed.

AbdulHaq
05-27-2006, 01:10 AM

Quran 17.32
"Do not come near Zina, for it is a shameful deed and an evil path."

Abdullah4ever
05-27-2006, 01:28 AM

Clearly that website is saying:

-Dont show you're picture , voice , and not to discuss uneseccary things
- Limit you're online time on internet
=If it is serious islamic issues than it is ok.

And Allah nows best

Muezzin
05-27-2006, 11:19 AM
When two members of the opposite sex argue that much with each other, it usually means something.

:p

HeiGou
05-27-2006, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
When two members of the opposite sex argue that much with each other, it usually means something.
They need to keep away from sharp objects?

jameelash
05-28-2006, 06:12 AM
salam-to be in the safe side isn,t it better to avoid such words when addressing eachoher of opposite sex.Allahu ahlam and may allah safe guard usfrom any evil and thatwhich may be done unknowingly

ConfusedMuslim
05-28-2006, 06:20 AM
Well I think words such as 'deareset', 'honey', 'sugar' and the like should be avoided completely in discussions because it would probably be misinterpreted by the other person.

Are you also aksing whether chatting in general with a person of the other sex is allowable? :?

:w: ,
CM

Far7an
05-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Are you also aksing whether chatting in general with a person of the other sex is allowable? :?
I think she is just addressing the issue of brothers and sisters getting a bit too friendly in discussions sometimes. A few posts are exchanged, then come the smileys and praises.. (If I see a wink directed at the opposite gender, I usually remove it).

This issue has been addressed several times before and there is a thread on guidelines of interaction between the genders for more information.

here

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.