/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lets Start with talking to a non-muslim

Iconoclast
05-26-2006, 09:04 PM
:sl:
this is what i try to do ,
i speak to a non muslim and try and find out is he/she happy and content with thier relgion. what question do they have about islam and how can i answer them best in view of the Holy quran and strong hadith of the Prophet SAW .
lets just start and see and let your post flow....

Allah Knows Best
:brother:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
05-26-2006, 09:18 PM
mashallah bro doin da'wah is a heavy part of this deen!!!

Iconoclast
05-28-2006, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
mashallah bro doin da'wah is a heavy part of this deen!!!

Brother we all should but be perpared b4 we do

Be prepared to explain:

Some of the topics that all Muslims should be able to explain are:

* The concept of Tawhid (oneness of God)
* Prophet Muhammad as being a real Prophet
* News reports about violence by Muslims
* Polygamy in Islam
* Reasons for wearing Hijab
* Reasons for praying five times daily
* The Quran and Science

May Allah Guide us and increase Taqwa til islam in us

chacha_jalebi
05-28-2006, 06:49 PM
yesh all dem points

also bro i tink we sud say 2 dem, gwaan ask any Q bout islam, cos den we can inshallah make em believe more :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
05-28-2006, 07:05 PM
salam.
woow you need confidence and remember you need the smile >>>> :)
w.salam

bint_muhammed
05-28-2006, 07:26 PM
hi i no a non-muslim but i was wondering if you could ansa one question for me?
this friend of mine is in real trouble coz her mother wants her to get married to a man who isnt islamic etc. but is her cousin, however she doesnt want as she feels she aint ready. her mother claims she wont forgiv her if she doesnt marry him, and she knows she aint gonna be happy wid him. wat advice shud i give her, what would be better thing to do?

Pk_#2
05-28-2006, 07:28 PM
uh huh definately smile...ovawys u'll fryten em hehe

Smilings charity memba!!

But dnt smile too much or u'll bcum a charity case :p

chacha_jalebi
05-28-2006, 07:29 PM
in the Prophets (saw) time a woman was forced in2 a marriage, and she told d Prophet (saw) he asked her " r u happy" she sed "no" so he declared the marriage invalid.
and islamically we dnt need permission from d parents2 get married, but obviosly its preferred 2 hav it. she sud obviosly find sum1 who she wants 2 marry

Woodrow
05-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Always keep in mind that no matter what we tell anybody, their view of Islam will be how we act as a person. How we are seen, is the message we send to the world as to what it means to be a Muslim.

Eric H
05-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Greetings and peace Iconoclast;

Thank you for starting this thread and I would like to bring up a question about the oneness of God from maybe a different perception.

I can fully agree that the same God created all people and he has given us the freedom to come to him through many diverse ways, history has shown a constant diversity of beliefs.

It seems that mankind is not content to follow only one path in the same way. But what do you see as the greater goal?

Would it be for everyone to convert to the same religion, or would it be to build interfaith friendships and strive towards peace on Earth?

In the spirit of seeking truth

Eric

Woodrow
05-28-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Thank you for starting this thread and I would like to bring up a question about the oneness of God from maybe a different perception.

I can fully agree that the same God created all people and he has given us the freedom to come to him through many diverse ways, history has shown a constant diversity of beliefs.

It seems that mankind is not content to follow only one path in the same way. But what do you see as the greater goal?

Would it be for everyone to convert to the same religion, or would it be to build interfaith friendships and strive towards peace on Earth?

Eric
I personaly believe that the way to gain heaven, is to submit and do the will of God(swt), or as said in Arabic, Islam. I can only say that what I have found to be the way to do true Islam is to be Muslim.

I only know that being Muslim is practicing Islam. I do not know if any other belief does the will of God(swt). I do not need to know, as I know God(swt) is leading me on the Path to him.

I have no animosity towards any faith and have love for all who are true to their faith.

To quote you:

"It seems that mankind is not content to follow only one path in the same way. But what do you see as the greater goal?

Would it be for everyone to convert to the same religion, or would it be to build interfaith friendships and strive towards peace on Earth?"

I'm not trying to confuse you nor act like a wise guy. But, my answer to your question is a simple yes.

The only true Religion is the submission to and doing the will of God(swt). Once that is done, there will be no need for us Humans having discussions about what faith is right. The entire thought then will be as to what can we each do to serve God(swt)

bint_muhammed
05-28-2006, 10:17 PM
in the Prophets (saw) time a woman was forced in2 a marriage, and she told d Prophet (saw) he asked her " r u happy" she sed "no" so he declared the marriage invalid.
and islamically we dnt need permission from d parents2 get married, but obviosly its preferred 2 hav it. she sud obviosly find sum1 who she wants 2 marry
however if your mother isnt going to forgive you isnt that wrong aswell! you know it aint that easy for her to just marry the person she wants to marry as its gonna break up her whole family.!
(i dont mean to depress ya, she has actually kinda depressed me by it as i cant help her)

Hussein radi
05-29-2006, 04:25 AM
I talked to my math teacher about islam. I think i got him interested about islam. I also gived him a couple of sites and inshaallah ill try 2 convert him. ill keep trying and i think ill have him in math class next year. So i got plenty of time.

syilla
05-29-2006, 06:34 AM
anyway where r they (non-muslims)?

Looking4Peace
05-29-2006, 06:43 AM
About the marrying the cousin thing, i find this gross, well first cousins anyway, too much blood lineage, i think its called incest? has been shown to increase the risk of birth defects once having a child,at the same time marrying a cousin with no blood relation is quite different and to me acceptable.

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 09:39 AM
yesh all dem points

also bro i tink we sud say 2 dem, gwaan ask any Q bout islam, cos den we can inshallah make em believe more :)
Inshallah we will...infact alhamduillah i beklive 9/10 we might have begun long back and if there are questions we cannot answer atm we can always refer to the holy quran and to understand the quran we need to understand the Prophet SAW's life and refer to the hadith of Syedna Mohd ibn ismail al Bukahri ( if i am correct that is the name of the author of what we call as Sahi Bukhari ) 6 voulmes , and muslim 4 voulumes and Tamridi 10 volmes <--- Rahmatullah alikum ,in english urdu arabic and Allah knows best .... if still we can't find and answer ( we are not lost thier questions are inqusitive if irrevences )there are plenty of dawa sites to ask them....dr zakir, dr issrar ahmed, brother ahmed ali, brother jamal badawi....the list is endless MashALLAH .........
:w:

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
hi i no a non-muslim but i was wondering if you could ansa one question for me?
this friend of mine is in real trouble coz her mother wants her to get married to a man who isnt islamic etc. but is her cousin, however she doesnt want as she feels she aint ready. her mother claims she wont forgiv her if she doesnt marry him, and she knows she aint gonna be happy wid him. wat advice shud i give her, what would be better thing to do?
In my humble opinion
1 a islamic husbad is preffered to a non Islamic for a muslim to marry.
2 it is a right of every ,uslim to marry who she wants if she/he is of right age and know the diffrence between right and wrongs of Deen
3 it is also a fact that you must not even utter the word "uff" to ur parents.
4.the reason behind the rejection should be valid

Allah knows best and forgives all he is As-Sami-Ul-Aleem

north_malaysian
05-29-2006, 09:56 AM
I want to see a 'murtad' talking here. In a famous malaysian forum there are dozens of them, why none of them here ...? would u ppl like me to invite them here. Plus they are so hostile against Islam.:?

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Eric

what is the goal of mankind?- well that is a sepreate thread i wanted to start..i will explain that when i come back from work later

Would it be for everyone to convert to the same religion, or would it be to build interfaith friendships and strive towards peace on Earth?..

well we all come from the same father and mother Adam And Huwa ( eve )
we were born togeather and then we grew apart as one was resistant to give up practises that were created my man and didn't folloe the present messenger pf thier time .as prophet saw says "there were 124000 messengers of allah and we are all brothers and do not create ranks amoungst us" although he truly is the Imam ( leader ) of Ambiya ( messengers ) and the last of them where/with the deen or talimat of allah subhana wa talla ended or finalised Prophethood of muhammed SAW and on the completion of the Holy Quran.
so in my humble opinion look and search ur soul u know there is an answer.
:)

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I want to see a 'murtad' talking here. In a famous malaysian forum there are dozens of them, why none of them here ...? would u ppl like me to invite them here. Plus they are so hostile against Islam.:?
bring one bring all
the truth will prevail ( DEEN AL HAQ ) The True deen the tru way of life
reminds me to visit the malasian post lol :okay:

syilla
05-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I want to see a 'murtad' talking here. In a famous malaysian forum there are dozens of them, why none of them here ...? would u ppl like me to invite them here. Plus they are so hostile against Islam.
can u pls invite them here...

i really want to know what they really like

x Maz x
05-29-2006, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
uh huh definately smile...ovawys u'll fryten em hehe

Smilings charity memba!!

But dnt smile too much or u'll bcum a charity case :p
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :okay: Man gyal you tooo funny God bless really ya gime nuf jkz hehe...

Peace x

czgibson
05-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Greetings,
They might well be hostile towards Islam because under Islamic law they deserve death, don't they?

Peace

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

They might well be hostile towards Islam because under Islamic law they deserve death, don't they?

Peace

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO KILL/OR BE KILLED A/AS NON MUSLIM FOR NOT BEING MUSLIM.

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
About the marrying the cousin thing, i find this gross, well first cousins anyway, too much blood lineage, i think its called incest? has been shown to increase the risk of birth defects once having a child,at the same time marrying a cousin with no blood relation is quite different and to me acceptable.
It is halal and its ur choice and opinion

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :okay: Man gyal you tooo funny God bless really ya gime nuf jkz hehe...

Peace x
Iconoclast Is my name show me idols lol

czgibson
05-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast
Unless you take this hadith on board:

"Whoever replaces his religion, execute him" (Bukhari, Abu Dawud)
Peace

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Greetings,

Peace
Apostasy is punishable by death.

* Mohammed said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him."

Changes is not acceptable in any society or normal norms... and here you are talking about "Apostasy"

The prophet SAW said so Rightly and I stand by it.
we have been betrayed a lot of times and there is a limit to patience. you need to read Surah 9 ( Towba )

Peace

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 08:28 PM
here is a link
http://www.quran.org.uk/out.php?LinkID=207

Woodrow
05-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Greetings,

Peace
Greetings,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast

Quote:
"Whoever replaces his religion, execute him" (Bukhari, Abu Dawud)

Peace

That is in reference to a Muslim giving up Islam. One of the more difficult problems is the Islamic concept of religion compared with the concept of religion by many other belief systems. To a Muslim giving up Islam is turning against all beliefs, life systems, family, country and cultural alliances. It is far beyond just changing method of worship.

If you are to read that with a pure Western View, it could be interpreted as we should execute any Christian who reverts to Islam. As they would have replaced their religion. Somehow, I doubt that is the intent.

glo
05-29-2006, 08:39 PM
What is a murtad?

glo
05-29-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Greetings,
If you are to read that with a pure Western View, it could be interpreted as we should execute any Christian who reverts to Islam. As they would have replaced their religion. Somehow, I doubt that is the intent.
Except that Christian teaching doesn't say any such thing ... unless you know otherwise.

Peace.

czgibson
05-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast
Apostasy is punishable by death.

Changes is not acceptable in any society or normal norms... and here you are talking about "Apostasy"

The prophet SAW said so Rightly and I stand by it.
we have been betrayed a lot of times and there is a limit to patience. you need to read Surah 9 ( Towba )
Doesn't this ruling on apostasy directly contradict what you said earlier?

Peace

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Assallam alikum wa rahmatALLAH
i question for a muslim is a question to islam on the whole and it holds great reward with Allha SWT .
So brothers sister in islam join in answering please Jazakhallah ul Khair
Good to see brothers join forces to explain thx bro Woodrow azakhallah ul Khair

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Let's keep the apostasy discussion in the apostasy thread, please.

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Greetings,

Doesn't this ruling on apostasy directly contradict what you said earlier?

Peace
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Original

Apostasy from islam is.

where am i conradicting >for/from being a non muslim
>>>>>>>>>* Prophet Mohammed SAW said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him."

don't make an issue where the words are clear to understand .....infact the basics of islam are live and let live ( who said we were tolerant of munafiqun (the unfaithfull )............i add until betrayed from reading the verse 9 and the reading the saying of the Messenger Mohammed SAW to this matter .
and death is mild punisment to what will come latter in the afterlife ....well thats a diff thread all togeather and all is based on faith. speaking of faith as a Athist what u ppl believe in? if i may ask. no reply is compelled.
Peace

Woodrow
05-29-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Except that Christian teaching doesn't say any such thing ... unless you know otherwise.

Peace.
Nope, they get a little stronger in their word. Does not Christianity teach that the only way to the Father is through the Son. So, Therefore God(swt) is going to send everybody to Hell that believes other wise. Somehow, that seems a bit more drastic then killing the person.

To be honest I do not know off hand any Christian scripture that would say that a person who rejects Christianity Should be killed. However, abandoning Islam is much stronger then abandoning just a religious belief. It means treason to your nation, alliance with the enemy (another country, not a religion), and many other factors. It is not a thing that would be that extreme if the person was a loyal citizen of another country. It is understood a person can be loyal to another Nation. Christians are not persecuted or killed if they come into an Islamic country, simply because they are Christian. Muslims are not killed if they convert to another religion and have not sworn allegiance to to an Islamic Nation.

Early Christian practice was to Baptise non-believers and then execute them immediatly before they could sin. That was common with the early missionaries in the Americas, some how they found justification for that. Then there was the inquisition, that was pretty nasty, somehow justification was found for that. I know those things are not happening now, but they have happened and the words are still there, what is to keep it from happening again?

north_malaysian
05-30-2006, 08:45 AM
What is a murtad?
ex-Muslim

north_malaysian
05-30-2006, 08:56 AM
I've invited an ex-Muslim and waiting for his reply. But he really HOSTILE against Islam. I've warned you ppl.

glo
05-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi Woodrow (or 'Uncle Woody' as you seem to be going by! :giggling: )

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Nope, they get a little stronger in their word. Does not Christianity teach that the only way to the Father is through the Son. So, Therefore God(swt) is going to send everybody to Hell that believes other wise. Somehow, that seems a bit more drastic then killing the person.
That argument doesn't make sense to me at all.
Yes, scripture teaches that non-believers will be punished in hell.
But the ultimate judgement is Gods, it is not for his followers to make any such judgements! Therefore killing anybody who leaves the faith, would be utterly wrong and non-Christian!

Besides, does the Qu'ran not teach also that non-believers will be punished in hell?
Do you then not, by killing an apostate, send him straight to hell, rather than letting him live and giving him an opportunity to mend his ways?

To be honest I do not know off hand any Christian scripture that would say that a person who rejects Christianity Should be killed. However, abandoning Islam is much stronger then abandoning just a religious belief. It means treason to your nation, alliance with the enemy (another country, not a religion), and many other factors. It is not a thing that would be that extreme if the person was a loyal citizen of another country. It is understood a person can be loyal to another Nation. Christians are not persecuted or killed if they come into an Islamic country, simply because they are Christian. Muslims are not killed if they convert to another religion and have not sworn allegiance to to an Islamic Nation.
I have to admit that I don't get that at all.:?
It has been discussed in other threads. I guess it's bet if I just le it be. :)

Early Christian practice was to Baptise non-believers and then execute them immediatly before they could sin. That was common with the early missionaries in the Americas, some how they found justification for that. Then there was the inquisition, that was pretty nasty, somehow justification was found for that. I know those things are not happening now, but they have happened and the words are still there, what is to keep it from happening again?
What can I say?! :uhwhat
I am just reading a book on the history of Christianity, and there is no doubt that people committed horrendous crimes in the name of Jesus Christ! It breaks my heart! :'(
It demonstrates the dangers of following your faith so fervently that you take things into your own hands rather than follow God's word!
These things happen in other religions too, and we do well to stamp such attitudes out amongst the followers of our religions!

However, the difference remains that the New Testament does not (to both our knowledge) instruct followers to kill apostates - whereas the Qu'ran does. :hmm:

Peace.

north_malaysian
05-30-2006, 09:41 AM
I am just reading a book on the history of Christianity, and there is no doubt that people committed horrendous crimes in the name of Jesus Christ! It breaks my heart! :'(
It demonstrates the dangers of following your faith so fervently that you take things into your own hands rather than follow God's word!
These things happen in other religions too, and we do well to stamp such attitudes out amongst the followers of our religions!
Never heard a Christian admitting to this. You're the first!

the New Testament does not (to both our knowledge) instruct followers to kill apostates - whereas the Qu'ran does.
Which verse in Koran?

glo
05-30-2006, 10:16 AM
ex-Muslim
Thank you for the explanation. :)

I guess somebody who has chosen to leave a religion, can be expected to feel negative towards it. Presumably s/he has thought about it and has come up with reasons why s/he should leave that religion.

Ex-Christians are often (not always!) loud voices against Christianity. I expect the same would be true of Islam and other religions.

Peace.

glo
05-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Never heard a Christian admitting to this. You're the first!
To Christians doing wrong in the name of Christ?
Really?
I don't see how anybody can have an even basic understanding of history, and not think so!

Do you think throughout history Muslims have committed atrocities, which were not founded on Muhammad's teachings?

Which verse in Koran?
There was a thread not so long ago, which clearly cited the Qu'ran to that effect. Unfortunately it got deleted by the moderators, and with my limited knowledge about the Qu'ran I will find it difficult to find the appropriate verse(s). I will let you know if I succeed! :)

Peace. :thankyou:

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-30-2006, 12:52 PM

I already asked people to keep the apostasy discussion in this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...-apostasy.html

That request was ignored so this thread gets shut down.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.