/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Religion question?

Jeness18
05-27-2006, 02:58 AM
Now I have a question, are Muslims against other religions like Judaism or Wicca? If so, why? I just started studying Wicca and Judaism...that is why I bring those up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*Hana*
05-27-2006, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jeness18
Now I have a question, are Muslims against other religions like Judaism or Wicca? If so, why? I just started studying Wicca and Judaism...that is why I bring those up.
Peace Jeness:

Actually, Islam is not against any religion. :) As Muslims, we believe Islam is truth, so any other faith would be on a different path and we certainly wouldn't accept them as truth.

There is no compulsion in religion. I can't force a Wiccan, for example, to embrace Islam. I can only invite them to Islam, the rest is up to Allah, swt, to guide them or not.

As Prophet Muhammed, pbuh, said, ' To you be your religion, to me be mine.'

Hope that clarifies somewhat. :)

Peace,
Hana

Halima
05-27-2006, 03:26 AM
Peace.

• The Muslim is taught by his book, the Qur’ân, to hate falsehood, distorted beliefs, and deviance, and consequently, to hate the representation of falsehood and deviant beliefs at the hands of the unbelievers. He does not, however, hate the people themselves. In fact, he should wish for them every possible good and hope that they will attain guidance and be saved from the Hellfire.
  • When one of the unbelievers attains guidance, the Muslim should be as joyous for his sake as our Prophet (peace be upon him) was when a Jewish boy converted to Islam just before he died. The Prophet (peace be upon him) left his home saying: “All praises are for Allah who saved him from the Hellfire.”

The righteous muslim is taught to respect the other religion dispite the varied perceptions of the true word of god or Allah(swt).

We are not taught to go against or to persuade hatred in any way to the other religions. Productiveness is the key beholder.

*Hana*
05-27-2006, 03:31 AM
Salam Alaikum:

Jazak Allah Khair sister, perfect explanation. :)

Wasalam,
Hana
:sis:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iLL_LeaT
05-27-2006, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
  • The Muslim is taught by his book, the Qur’ân, to hate falsehood, distorted beliefs, and deviance, and consequently, to hate the representation of falsehood and deviant beliefs at the hands of the unbelievers. He does not, however, hate the people themselves. In fact, he should wish for them every possible good and hope that they will attain guidance and be saved from the Hellfire.
HATE!!!

That is such a strong word.

I would prefer to say that since I am not Christian (or any other religion), I am not for Christianity. If I were for Christianity, I would be Christian. As for Christians themselves, I love them just as I love everyone else.

*Hana*
05-27-2006, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iLL_LeaT
HATE!!!

That is such a strong word.

I would prefer to say that since I am not Christian (or any other religion), I am not for Christianity. If I were for Christianity, I would be Christian. As for Christians themselves, I love them just as I love everyone else.
Where did you get that "hate falsehood" meant hate Christians or anyone else? :? I hate falsehood (lies), as much now as I did as a Christian.

Peace,
Hana

iLL_LeaT
05-27-2006, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Where did you get that "hate falsehood" meant hate Christians or anyone else? :? I hate falsehood (lies), as much now as I did as a Christian.
Hana

I don’t think I said "hate falsehood" is to hate Christians. To “hate falsehood” is to hate lies. To a Muslim, Christianity is a "lie".

To “hate falsehood” is to hate Christianity as a lie, NOT the Christians. There is a clear difference between a Christian and Christianity itself.

Moreover, The only thing I suggested was that HATE is not the right word to use

*Hana*
05-27-2006, 04:40 AM
To “hate falsehood” is to hate Christianity as a lie,
no, just the lying parts of Christianity....not all of it. :p

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying initially. :) But, I do hate falsehood, regardless of what it pertains to.

Peace,
Hana

iLL_LeaT
05-27-2006, 04:50 AM
no, just the lying parts of Christianity....not all of it. :p
Nicely put.

I’m sorry if that last post sounded a little authoritative. I just wanted to make it clear that I don’t hate Christians.

HeiGou
05-27-2006, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

The righteous muslim is taught to respect the other religion dispite the varied perceptions of the true word of god or Allah(swt).

We are not taught to go against or to persuade hatred in any way to the other religions. Productiveness is the key beholder.
Umm, please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that pretty colored bit mean that Muslims are taught to not respect other religions (as they are "falsehood, distorted beliefs, and deviance"), but to respect the believers in other religions? Indeed Muslims are taught to, well, spread hatred against other religions (as they are "the representation of falsehood and deviant beliefs" which leads to "hellfire"), but not against individuals who happen to believe in those religions?

Kittygyal
05-27-2006, 01:15 PM
hiya,
now i would say NO muslims are not against any religions but then again there are ''some'' people who may are but as me being a revert i am not against any religion i RESPECT how they are cause what ever they believe in, what they wear, what they eat etc etc..its nothing to do with me cause that's them and i RESPECT, but as islam is the truth religion ''some'' people do get put off because what the believe in and things like that but i don't mind ;)
take care

*Hana*
05-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Nicely put.

I’m sorry if that last post sounded a little authoritative. I just wanted to make it clear that I don’t hate Christians.
Nope, it didn't at all. It's always best to clarify your statement if it's been misunderstood. :)

Peace,
Hana

Halima
05-27-2006, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Umm, please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that pretty colored bit mean that Muslims are taught to not respect other religions (as they are "falsehood, distorted beliefs, and deviance"), but to respect the believers in other religions?
It's referring to the people that intentionally bring Islam down.

Indeed Muslims are taught to, well, spread hatred against other religions (as they are "the representation of falsehood and deviant beliefs" which leads to "hellfire"), but not against individuals who happen to believe in those religions?

I don't understand what you mean by this..can you please elaborate?

Thank you.

snakelegs
05-27-2006, 05:50 PM
since you are a christian, i'd like to ask you the above question about christians.

north_malaysian
05-28-2006, 03:13 AM
No.

*noor
05-28-2006, 03:22 AM
salaam

even though Muslims have the belief that Islam is the only right religion, they are not against those who practice other religions. we believe that we have our religion and they have theirs. As Muslims, Allah orders us to tolerate other religions even though we disagree with them. Allah will not accept anybody except Muslims and for the times before Islam, ahlel kitaab, or people of the book.

And Allah knows best.

Jeness18
05-28-2006, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
since you are a christian, i'd like to ask you the above question about christians.
Christians are not against Judaism or Wicca. Christians are against Witchcraft, but not Wicca. Christianity originated out of Judaism, many of the core beliefs are the same. There are just some minor changes and a few major.

I'd like to ask you what is an Agnostic? It sounds interesting

*noor
05-28-2006, 04:40 AM
i know you werent asking me, but if somebody is agnostic it means that they dont know if God exists. They are unable to decide if God exists or not.

*charisma*
05-28-2006, 04:47 AM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Umm, please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that pretty colored bit mean that Muslims are taught to not respect other religions (as they are "falsehood, distorted beliefs, and deviance"), but to respect the believers in other religions? Indeed Muslims are taught to, well, spread hatred against other religions (as they are "the representation of falsehood and deviant beliefs" which leads to "hellfire"), but not against individuals who happen to believe in those religions?
You cannot compare hate with respect, these are two completetly different definitions. If I hated you it doesn't mean I will not be able to respect you as well as if I hated your beliefs, it doesnt mean that I will not be able to respect your differences. If anything you are trying to say that just because a muslim may hate a religion, they must hate the person as well?? Or maybe you are trying to say that if you hate a belief, you cannot be tolerable with the believer?? You are a great twister of words, although not quite good enough.

regards,

*charisma*
05-28-2006, 04:51 AM
Hey Jeness, great to have ya back :D

Surely not inshallah, one of my very good friends is athiest, and I have another friend who converted into Wicca. If anything we all learn from eachother. I am really happy with the way you are researching many different kind of beliefs mashallah, May God bless you ameen

iLL_LeaT
05-28-2006, 06:09 AM
I'd like to ask you what is an Agnostic?
Agnostic: one who believes that the evidence for and against the existence of God is inconclusive.

snakelegs
05-28-2006, 09:29 AM
I'd like to ask you what is an Agnostic? It sounds interesting
Main Entry: 1ag·nos·tic
Pronunciation: ag-'näs-tik, &g-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek agnOstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnOstos known, from gignOskein to know -- more at KNOW
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

HeiGou
05-28-2006, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Originally Posted by HeiGou
You cannot compare hate with respect, these are two completetly different definitions.
And I would hope that is not what I did.

If I hated you it doesn't mean I will not be able to respect you as well as if I hated your beliefs, it doesnt mean that I will not be able to respect your differences.
Umm, I am trying to untangle that and make sense of it. If you hate me then surely it is obvious that you cannot respect me. If you hate my beliefs, then how can you respect my differences?

If anything you are trying to say that just because a muslim may hate a religion, they must hate the person as well?? Or maybe you are trying to say that if you hate a belief, you cannot be tolerable with the believer?? You are a great twister of words, although not quite good enough.
Actually all that happened was that I was confused by your Sister's words. I asked her to clarify what she meant, and I have not understood her either. But I think it is hard, but not impossible, to hate someone's religion, but like them too. It is probably harder to hate someone's belief and still tolerate the believers of that Faith. But not impossible. I am sure it can be done. Do you think you manage it?

*Hana*
05-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Peace:

I can hate drug addiction, but not the addict. I can hate alcoholism, but not the alcoholic. I can hate the belief that Jesus is God, but not the believer. It is very easy to seperate the two, I do it every day. My entire family are Christians and I love them dearly. All these things don't effect me as a Muslim nor do they effect my faith.

Peace,
Hana

*charisma*
05-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Greetings,

Umm, I am trying to untangle that and make sense of it. If you hate me then surely it is obvious that you cannot respect me. If you hate my beliefs, then how can you respect my differences?
Hate is a feeling, respect is an action. One cannot always control their feelings, but they can control their actions. If I hated your beliefs, I respect your differences by not insulting you, hurting you, or ridiculing you in any way or form, rather if I disagreed with your beliefs, I can turn it into a postive thing and learn something from you.

Actually all that happened was that I was confused by your Sister's words. I asked her to clarify what she meant, and I have not understood her either. But I think it is hard, but not impossible, to hate someone's religion, but like them too. It is probably harder to hate someone's belief and still tolerate the believers of that Faith. But not impossible. I am sure it can be done. Do you think you manage it?
If you read it carefully, you would notice that it is really a clear statement.
I don't know about you (maybe its something you should work on), but as for me I have a very open-mind, so actually it is very easy for me to tolerate a belief that I hate, I encounter it everday, but I do not ever think once of hating that person. I've mentioned before that I have a friend who is an athiest, I hate the fact that some ppl just don't believe in Allah, but then again she's one of my bestest friends, and we have so much in common despite our religious differences, and over time that hatred disperses, you really waste your time lingering over something that you cannot change. As for being tolerable to believers of a certain faith that I may hate, well I don't judge a whole group of believers, everyone is different. I cannot say just because one christian is doing some thing wrong, it is my right to judge everyone else to be the same way.

regards,

Skillganon
05-28-2006, 11:01 PM
I just wan't to ask, do you being either a christian, muslim or a Jew, love a polytheist saying to the idol you are god, and worshiping it as a god?

Be honest with yourself, you won't go to that person and say "I love you for calling this idol god and that you worship it as god, or call upon it.", an honest person knowing the truth will hate it, hate this person action. God for sure does not love it, it is so seriouse matter, for muslim, that god will forgive any sin, except for associating other thing's with God i.e. shirk.

A person knowing the truth and saying that he/she loves that person for his/her commiting this action (shirk) is not being honest.

glo
05-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Peace:

I can hate drug addiction, but not the addict. I can hate alcoholism, but not the alcoholic. I can hate the belief that Jesus is God, but not the believer. It is very easy to seperate the two, I do it every day. My entire family are Christians and I love them dearly. All these things don't effect me as a Muslim nor do they effect my faith.

Peace,
Hana
Great post, Hana! :thankyou:

There is an old Christian slogan, which says 'Hate the sin and love the sinner', which just about sums it up, I think.
Having said that, it is not always that easy to do in practice - because in our human minds we muddle up the person with the deed.

God Bless You. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.