/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asalamu alaikum to all the Brothers and Sisters here.

Pilgrim
05-11-2005, 06:32 PM
:sl:

Let me introduce myself to you all.

My name is Gavin, I embraced Islam on the 25th April 2005 (That's right, just last month).

I was previously a christian, spent 3yrs of my life as a Benedictine monk and up until about 3yrs past, was studying for the priesthood.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Peace.

Gavin(Pilgrim)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Walaykumassalam-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrkatu

Mashallah Mashallah, welcome to Islam my dear brother - may allah swt give you knowledge of our deen and keep you on the right path - ameen.

Brother, do you have a muslim name yet? Also would you mind if I asked why you reverted to Islam?

Bro, if you ever need anything feel free to ask me (either on this forum or by PM)!

Once again mabrook (congrats) on embracing Islam!

Br Abdullah

Far7an
05-11-2005, 06:47 PM
wa alaikumusalaam :)

Welcome to LI brother,

may allah swt give you knowledge of our deen and keep you on the right path
Ameen :)

Bro, if you ever need anything feel free to ask me (either on this forum or by PM)!
Indeed, the same goes for me and the other moderators and admins of this forum. :)

We hope you enjoy you stay. :)

أحمد
05-11-2005, 06:53 PM

:D Marhabaa Yaa Akhee! (Welcome Brother!) to LI :shade:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Akhira
05-11-2005, 07:22 PM
welcome brother :welcome:
so do u have an islamic name :D
and mashAllah mashAllah mashAllah MASHALLAH :wilted_ro

Bint Abdusattar
05-11-2005, 09:46 PM

Welcome to the forum - hope your knowledge increases ;ots through it

Uthman
05-11-2005, 09:56 PM

Welcome to Load-Islam brother. :) InshaAllah your knowledge will increase through it. :)

Khattab
05-11-2005, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim

Let me introduce myself to you all.

My name is Gavin, I embraced Islam on the 25th April 2005 (That's right, just last month).

I was previously a christian, spent 3yrs of my life as a Benedictine monk and up until about 3yrs past, was studying for the priesthood.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Peace.

Gavin(Pilgrim)

Allah-Hu-Akbar,

Welcome brother, yet another priest/monk has entered islam alhamdulillah. Brother Gavin do you know you are mentioned in the Holy Qur'an?

"And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians. That is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud. And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses." 005:82-83

May Allah (SWT) increase you in knowledge and guidance, inshallah.

Ra`eesah
05-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Ya Hala Marhaba to Li here is a (islamic Song) Nasheed to welcome you! :)

we are sooooo happy to have you i am speaking on behalf of Load Islam memebers :D

Khaldun
05-11-2005, 10:32 PM

you certainly are sis aisha, its soo amazing to have a brother like you here mashAllah, as the other ppl already have said ask any of us if there is anything even a small thing as to getting around understanding the different terms Alhamdulilah JazzakAllah Khair, MashAllah, InshAllah, BarakAllah Feek and Assalamu Alykum (just to mention a few) feel free to ask :brother:

Ibn Syed
05-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it.

*charisma*
05-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM EKHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :)

mashallah congrats on ur conversion brother may Allah keep lighting his glorious and beautiful light upon your path
welcome to our ummah and welcome to Islam :D

hope you enjoy ur stay and find it beneficial inshallah!! :D

take care
fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-12-2005, 04:35 PM
:sl: and welcome to our happy family, dear brother! :) Perhaps you could share your story with us in the following thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=1833

:)

Pilgrim
05-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Asalamu Alaikum my brothers and sisters.

Thank you for all your welcomes, it is very much appreciated, believe me.

Brother Ansar Al-'Adl, I have taken your suggestion and posted my revert story on the thread you pointed out. Thank you for your guidance. :thumbs_up

Only by Allah's grace and mercy,

Gavin(Pilgrim)

Serene
05-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Asslamu Alikum everyone, and sorry for my belated welcome for our brother Gavin, pilgrim. May Allah grant you more knowledge and bless you with strength inshaa Allah. It is a real wonder that Allah Almighty chooses some among his servants to bless them with Islam, so let's prostrate in gratitude and thankfulness for Allah Almighty that we are granted the bliss of Isalm. May we all benfit from our board and may contribute to the victory of Isalm

salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.