/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sami Yusuf

SilentAssassin
05-27-2006, 07:17 PM
:sl:

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. I just wanted to make a comment about the nasheed artist which no doubtely you all have heard about. Although i enjoy listening to his nasheeds i am curious about the islamic ruling about his nasheeds (and other nasheeds). In particular sami yusufs nasheeds because of his use of instruments. This is clearly haram in islam as the use of instruments in any form are forbidden, as the prophet muhammad (peace be upon him) said in a hadith:

"There will come a time when men from my umma will try to make the use of instruments halal".

(I dont think that this is the correct wording but i have tried to remember as best as can what the correct hadith is. I know this hadith is similar to the correct one anyway.)

If someone could please reply here telling me the correct islamic ruling on this as i am a bit confused.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-28-2006, 01:09 PM
:wasalamex

You must be referring to this hadith:

Hadith - Bukhari 7:494

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

more info.
http://muttaqun.com/music.html

:salamext:

afriend
05-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Yes, but you can get percussion version, so that way the musical instruments will be permissible (and trust me, PERCUSSION VERSION is very easy to find)

Personally, if you ask me, it's better than listenning to pure Haram, such as 50 cent etc.

x Maz x
05-28-2006, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yes, but you can get percussion version, so that way the musical instruments will be permissible (and trust me, PERCUSSION VERSION is very easy to find)

Personally, if you ask me, it's better than listenning to pure Haram, such as 50 cent etc.
Akhi, according to which school of fiqh you follow it can be argued that using any form of instruments, whether it be percussion/string/wind or the rest are all forbidden...Allahu Alim..
Yes your quite correct in sayin that its better than that but alternatively you can jus pump your Tawfeeq As-Sayegh >> in my case [differs according to taste :rollseyes :) ]...
I would sincerely advise against listenin to tracks containing the use of musical instruments but thats just my opnion :)...Tryna cut down on it maslf, gotta say its friggn' well hard :hiding:
WalaykumAsalaam x

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SilentAssassin
05-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I think that better safe than sorry and just listen to the holy'quran, this is best for you. There are plenty of websites where you can listen the Qur'an and this is better than listening to nasheeds because there is some doubt in listening to nasheeds but no doubt in listeneing to the Qur'an. You will get plenty reward from Allah to listening to the glorious words from Al-Qur'an

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.