/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eight Lessons (Modding from here-amirah)

Shukria
05-28-2006, 04:52 AM
Eight Lessons:

A scholar asked his student: How long have you been with me?

Student : thirty three years

Scholar: What have you learned from me in that period?

Student: Eight lessons

Scholar: Inaa lillah wa innaa ilayhi raajioon!I have spent all of my time and all you've learned is eight lessons?

Student: Teacher, that is all I have learned, and I did not want to lie.

The scholar: Tell me what you have learned:

Student:
First lesson: I have seen that everyone is in love with someone, and when he is laid to rest at his grave, his loved one leaves him alone, so I made my good deeds my loved ones, because they'd stick with me when I need them most, in my grave.

Second Lesson: I have pondered about the meaning of the verse in Quraan " As for those who are at awe with Allahs place, and fearful of his punishment, Jannah is his abode" as a result I struggled to fight temptations so my heart became content in the obedience of Allah.

Third Lesson: I have seen that everyone with a valuable psossession cares for in order not to loose it, and I thought about the verse in Quraan " your possessions will vanish, while Allah's possessions will remain forever" as a result, I gave everything with value to Allah so it remains safe for me forever with Allah.

Fourth Lesson: I noticed that everyone boasts about their wealth, and social status, and after reading the verse, " The best among you in Allah's criteria, is the most pious among you" so I worked hard on Taqwaa (piety) to become the most prestigious in Allah's scale.

Fifth Lesson: I saw people fighting each other over material things and hating each other and envying one another, and after reading the verse " We have divided among them their allotted sustenance in the life of this world" I learned not to fight over worldly possessions since my share is reserved for me.

Sixth Lesson: I observed people having enmity and hatred against each other, and I read a verse in Quran " Satan is your enemy, so (remind yourself) that he is your enemy ( by not committing crimes driven by hatred)

Seventh Lesson: I noticed that people work so hard in earning wealth to the point that they earn it illegally , and I read a verse in Quraan that reads " There is no creature on earth whose sustenance is not the responsibility of Allah " as aresult I became busy fulfilling my duty to Allah, and left worrying for my sustenance to Allah since I am one of his creatures.

Eighth Lesson: I have observed that people rely on each other for their wealth, health and security, and I read a verse in Quraan " And whomsoever relies on Allah, Allah is his protector" as a result, I stopped relying on people and I placed my dependence on Allah for all of my matters.

Scholar said to the student: May Allah bless you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ConfusedMuslim
05-28-2006, 06:12 AM
Wow! MashaAllah that was so beautiful. :muslimah:

If I may ask sister, where did you get this from?

:w: ,

CM

Samira_01
05-28-2006, 10:07 AM
great post sis ...

Second Lesson: I have pondered about the meaning of the verse in Quraan " As for those who are at awe with Allahs place, and fearful of his punishment, Jannah is his abode" as a result I struggled to fight temptations so my heart became content in the obedience of Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.