/* */

PDA

View Full Version : AsSalaamul Alaykum Peeps!!

ConfusedMuslim
05-28-2006, 05:28 AM
AsSalaamul Alaykum brothers and sisters of another mother/father! :wub:

I stumbled upon this board in the Internet yah. Actually I think I made an account here previously, (the board style/categories look familiar), but the User account details seems to have slipped my mind.:?

Well anywho! I am a muslim of course--a muslimah at that. Thats all the infor for now. :rollseyes

Well umm...I think the main purpose I joined was to:

1) join a like-minded online muslim community.
2) enhance my Islamic knowledge...and to perhaps increase others too. I be thirsty for that Islamic knowledge yah!! ;D

....3) Use these cool smileys! :giggling:

:sister: :brother: :X :statisfie :okay: <--Aww how cute these are!

Well it is nice being here and InshaAllah may my stay be long, beneficial and...fun. :okay:

WaAlaykumasalaam,
CM

:alright:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-28-2006, 05:30 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

welcome to the forum!! May you benefit from it inshallah.

What ya confused about?? lol well if you are, just ask inshallah :)

and dont get too attached with those smilies...

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

ConfusedMuslim
05-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the welcome charisma.

I am really not confused about a particular thing. My intention these days is to increase my Islamic knowledge because I find that it is something I am really lacking. Therefore the confusion is over my state of iman...and how I am reluctant to increase it. InshaAllah I am taking major steps though...maybe this forum will also aid me?

Make sense? Or am I just rambling on...:heated:

F.Y.
05-28-2006, 05:50 AM
Oh cool!
Salam and welcome to the forums sis!!

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ConfusedMuslim
05-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the welcome sister!:statisfie

piXie
05-28-2006, 06:21 AM
:sl: confused muslim

welcome to LI....:welcome:

hope u hav a great and beneficail stay:sister:

ps. this forum is addictive....;)

:w: :thankyou:

*charisma*
05-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Thanks for the welcome charisma.

I am really not confused about a particular thing. My intention these days is to increase my Islamic knowledge because I find that it is something I am really lacking. Therefore the confusion is over my state of iman...and how I am reluctant to increase it. InshaAllah I am taking major steps though...maybe this forum will also aid me?

Make sense? Or am I just rambling on...
Your very welcome sweetheart :D and your post makes perfect sense mashallah

May Allah increase your iman ameeeeen!! keep reading and submitting inshallah may we all have increased wisdom!

and if you need help in anything, be sure to ask inshallah :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Najiullah
05-28-2006, 06:27 AM
[S]Welcome to the forum;D [/S]

Woodrow
05-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Welcome and Asalaamu Alaikum uhti, I'm very new here myself. The folks here are nice and very helpfull. Even the mods are nice.

Tania
05-28-2006, 06:32 AM
Welcome :)
Did you choose the confused name because you are not sure about your religious knowledge? :-[

*charisma*
05-28-2006, 06:44 AM
greetings,

lol no she explained that, said she was more confused over her state of iman (faith) and how she is reluctant to increase it bi'idnillahi wa ta'ala...

peace

Tania
05-28-2006, 06:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
greetings,

lol no she explained that, said she was more confused over her state of iman (faith) and how she is reluctant to increase it bi'idnillahi wa ta'ala...

peace
Thank you:) .. for me wasn't too clear :-[ this iman word posted in her previous post.

*charisma*
05-28-2006, 06:58 AM
hey

lol you're very welcome, and don't be shy to ask :) If any other arabic are causing you some confusion you can pm me, create your own thread of "what do these words mean", or ask within the same thread inshallah (God willing), here is this thread to, in which could be of some help:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...mic-terms.html

peace

ConfusedMuslim
05-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the welcome all!

a-isha--I know I think I am addicted already!

Mara--A bit yes. I am moreover confused about the state of it. I was listening to a lecture the other day. The lecturer (Yayha Ibrahim) was speaking about the importance of knowledge in Islam. And really while I was listening to this wonderful lecture it hit me! I realized how much time I waste each day on unimportant worldy matters and how little time I spent on enriching my deen and increasing my knowledge. Sure I can sing to every song (haraam I know), in my mp3 player, but can I even recite a juz in the Quran? No, I can't. And it is pretty sad. I have numerous resources around me to utlize but I don't............And now I am starting to change all that... (InshaAllah)

:sister: :w:

Tania
05-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Now i understood what are you trying to do-its clear now:)

glo
05-28-2006, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Even the mods are nice.
;D ;D ;D
Yes, they are! :)

glo
05-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Welcome, ConfusedMuslim! :thankyou:

Woodrow
05-28-2006, 07:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ConfusedMuslim
Thanks for the welcome all!

a-isha--I know I think I am addicted already!

Mara--A bit yes. I am moreover confused about the state of it. I was listening to a lecture the other day. The lecturer (Yayha Ibrahim) was speaking about the importance of knowledge in Islam. And really while I was listening to this wonderful lecture it hit me! I realized how much time I waste each day on unimportant worldy matters and how little time I spent on enriching my deen and increasing my knowledge. Sure I can sing to every song (haraam I know), in my mp3 player, but can I even recite a juz in the Quran? No, I can't. And it is pretty sad. I have numerous resources around me to utlize but I don't............And now I am starting to change all that... (InshaAllah)

:sister: :w:

Reading your words I am under the impression you have very strong Imam. I think you are striving for perfection. That is something we all need to try to achieve. Yet, we need to understand it is an impossibility. We have to shed our arrogance of thinking we can accomplish that which is only atainable by Allah(swt). None of us will ever do anything that will earn the praises of Allah(swt) it is our de'en to praise Him.

We all fall short, it takes a strong Imam to be not willing to accept our failures. You know Allah will never ask you to do anything you can not do. I doubt you have the right to ask yourself to do so. Pray to Allah(swt) and beg him to let you know what strengths you have and concentrate on them. Do your best in all areas, excell in the areas you have genuine strengths.

afriend2
05-28-2006, 09:56 AM
salaam,

yeah i was attatched to the smilies to but now i dont use them much...

but welcome to LI, inshAllah i hope you find what youre looking for here.

wassalam :peace:

afriend
05-28-2006, 11:11 AM
:sl:

:welcome: to the forum!

I hope your stay is an enjoyable and beneficial stay!

:w:

x Maz x
05-28-2006, 11:15 AM
brothers and sisters of another mother/father...We all sons and daughters of Adam and Hawa ;) Heeeeeey your ma long lost sis ezzzzzzzzzzz...;)
Lol..WalaykumAsalaam fellow citizen of the Kingdom, hope ya find your visit beneficial lookin 4wad 2 yo contributions inshAllah
Peace and stay blessed x

Ghazi
05-28-2006, 03:57 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the fourm.

Pk_#2
05-28-2006, 04:43 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

welcummmm!!!!!!!!! :p

chacha_jalebi
05-28-2006, 04:47 PM
salaam

hav funnn ere

*noor
05-28-2006, 04:52 PM
salaam sis

[BANANA]Welcome to the forums[/BANANA]

i hope you enjoy it here.

Kittygyal
05-28-2006, 04:56 PM
salam.
welcome enjoy your stay if you have anu questions feel free to ask am sure we will all help you in every lil way we can ;)
w.salam x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.