/* */

PDA

View Full Version : niqaab

muzna
05-29-2006, 03:21 AM
assalam brothers and sisters..
my friend recently told me that niqaab is farl and this shocked me cause i always though niqaab was recommended but not obligatory. however, she was firm and said all Ulamahs agree that it is obligatory for a woman to cover her face. could you please let me know if this is right or wrong cause i'm very confused.
jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BoiStop
05-29-2006, 03:23 AM
Salaam,

Ask her to give you the verse in the Quran that demands women to cover their faces. If she can't provide then you should have no reaon to believe it...

salaam

*charisma*
05-29-2006, 03:28 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

There was a thread like this before, and i believe it was closed down, however from what I know, it is required to wear full hijaab (whole body covering, except face and hands) as it is said in the Quran, and niqaab is recommended, but once you start to wear niqaab, then it has become fardh upon you to continue to wear it inshallah. I will research a better answer for you and post it here inshallah and Allah subhana wa ta'ala knows best

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

muzna
05-29-2006, 03:31 AM
thank you so much, i really need to know..my friend said its stated somewhere in surah nisa, however i found only two verses in the quran regarding veiling, one in surah 24, and the other in surah39

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Looking4Peace
05-29-2006, 03:39 AM
The face is not required. Does she come from a place where she had to wear it? Its optional, but one is allowed to show face.

whats with the feet thing? cover or dont have to?

muzna
05-29-2006, 03:41 AM
no..she's sri lankan like me...muslims are minority here..

Looking4Peace
05-29-2006, 04:05 AM
then i would say its just what she feels is right.

Silver Pearl
05-29-2006, 06:59 AM
I have quoted some answers given by a scholar about the issue of niqaab.

The Majority of scholars said it's not wajib to cover the face of the woman and that's to me the strongest opinion without doubt.
The second opinion is that it's wajib and this is an opinion of Imam Ahmad Rahimahullah in his mathhab which became later on the famous opinion of his.
There's no evidence neither from the book of Allah nor from the Sunnah of the Messenger Sallallahualaihi wasallam obliges women to cover their faces.
Whether they bring a general Aya or Hadeeth or they twist the language to help them.
The Majority of scholars inclduing the 4 Imams didn't say it's a must yet we have some over zealous people who want to enforce it.

On the other side, there are immence evidences that covering the face is not Wajib.

Of them Hadeeth Aisha in Al bukhari and Muslim when the aya of Hijab was revealed and the women of Ansar covered their heads so no one could identify (know) them due to darkness. This means if it was not dark then it's possible to know them. If they covered their faces then whether it's dark or not there's no use of this statement because they won't be known anyway!

If you believe it's a must then fine go ahead and cover it, if you don't then it's also permissible.
This thread will be closed as without a doubt this will turn into a long heated debated about whether niqaab is wajib or not. We are not scholars nor is it our place to dash out daleel in such field. However, ukht I hope this info helps you:) .

:wasalamex

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.