/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim leaders condemn Israel’s desecration of Al-Aqsa Mosque

sonz
05-29-2006, 12:37 PM
The West Bank’s most senior Muslim cleric, Sheikh Tayseer al-Tamimi, strongly denounced the recent invasion of the Al-Aqsa Mosque by Jewish extremists and Israeli occupation forces, Imemc News reported.

Sheikh Tamimi said that fanatic Jewish groups have tried several times to storm Al-Aqsa Mosque, Islam’s third holiest site, during the past three decades. He also charged that such groups attempted to bomb the mosque to replace it with a synagogue.

He added that such attempts were always supported by the Israeli army, which controls all access to Al-Aqsa and bans the Palestinians from entering the holy site.

Sheikh Tamimi also blamed the Israeli government of being responsible for any reaction that might result from such violations. He also pointed that Israeli aggressions against Muslim holy sites have reached the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, in a clear attempt to Judaize the two holy shrines.

The "Judaization" of Muslim holy sites through the use of force has been strongly condemned by the International Court of Justice and the United Nations. But, as Sheikh Tamimi pointed out, such desecration of Muslim holy sites by Israeli citizens, backed by their government, have continued unabated.

Last week’s invasion of Al-Aqsa mosque comes on the anniversary of 'Jerusalem Day', which marks Israel’s seizure of Jerusalem during the 1967 Middle East War.

To celebrate the event, Israel’s Prime Minister Ehud Olmert recently said in a speech that “throughout Israel's 58 years of independence there is one moment unmatched by any other. There has never been one like it throughout Jewish history and never will be. That same moment the call was heard – 'Temple Mount [referring to the site of the Al-Aqsa mosque] is ours'…There has never been, and never will be another home for the Jewish people."

But Sheikh Tamimi insisted that the Mosque was entirely a Muslim sacred shrine, condemning the Israelis’ attempts to destroy the mosque and build a "Third Temple" instead.

Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat also denounced the latest invasion, saying that “this dangerous development comes in the context of Israeli aggression and assassinations which aim to inflame the region and worsen the situation.”

Erekat also said that the Palestinian Authority will ask the so-called Middle East peace Quartet to intervene to stop the Israelis’ aggressions.

Sheikh Tamimi also urged the Muslim Ummah to always defend Al-Aqsa Mosque, stressing that peace and security will not prevail until Israel returns occupied Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa to the Muslims.

AlJazeera

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdulHaq
05-29-2006, 12:51 PM
:sl:

Qur'an 8.30
"Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah."

catmando
05-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Mosque built on top of a Jewish Temple? If that is true, Israel is merely trying to claim what was once theirs.

Joe98
05-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Why are these places considered holy?

It is true that many of these places, St Peters in Rome for example, are historic and they belong to the history of all peoples. They ought to be keopt and cared for.

God does not require that he is worshipped in a building it can be done anywhere. I see a holy rock over there ........

-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isaac
05-30-2006, 07:09 AM
catmando let me argue your comment, without even getting into wether it is built on a temple or whatever they claim. You said

"If that is true, Israel is merely trying to claim what was once theirs."

And that makes it right for jewish extremist and other such parties to storm a holy site, desecrate, bomb and attack worshippers. Just beacsue they claim it to be theres. No if thats the case we can imply the same to what is happening in palestine.

"Palestine is merely trying to claim what was once theirs"

But i dont see you justifing that and saying that they are merely claiming what is rightfuly theirs.

north_malaysian
05-30-2006, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by catmando
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Mosque built on top of a Jewish Temple? If that is true, Israel is merely trying to claim what was once theirs.
The mosque was built on top of a ruins. Muslims are not the people responsible to destroy it.

When Caliph Umar came to Jerusalem, it was just a dumping site.

Muslims cleaned up the trash, and built a mosque to honour the land. I've heard many Jews involved in building masjidil aqsa, because at least it makes the land sacred again.

refer:

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Why-Be...y-Muhammad.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.