/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Prospects for Globalized Islam

panIslamist
05-12-2005, 02:06 AM
I needed some honest and objective opinions on the following topic.

What are the prospects for a globalized Islam based on a global ummah? Some critics have pointed to Islamic freedom fighters journeying to Bosnia, Chechnya, and Afghanistan as examples of a world wide struggle. Do you think this is a realistic analysis?
Also, do you believe that groups (i.e. Tabligh, Salafis) that seek a imaginary ummah will be successful in their visions to create a universal Muslim community that is based on strict Islamic norms that transcend the very notion of culture?
Can these views be transferred to the mainstream Muslim community or are the prospects for this vision shortsighted and a product and an agent of the complex forces of globalization?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lateralus63
05-12-2005, 10:52 AM
:sl:

The prospects of one islamic ummah is quite likely actually, although its true that the freedom fighters are described as a struggle", i would say that "world wide" a bit exasperated because its only 3 countries and its described at worldwide. The muslims have gotten to places you know, look at the malaysian economy.

I say its still possible because there are some amazing muslims out there and well that just propells our collective morale.

These individual groups, well it really depends how off key their views are, if they have something minor which is able to integrate into culture really easily like, no marrying cousins or someting, then yeah they might be successful. But the thing is all secular groups have a niche of off key beliefs anyway so, in a whole full globalisation with all their beliefs? i dont think so.

Why is say that is because these groups have been trying to transfer their views for several years and they havent been successful.

imaad_udeen
05-23-2005, 06:13 AM
Islam cannot hope to spread over "the world" by force of arms.

Islams best hope to spread is through peace. Radicals will sabotage Islams image for decades, making discourse between cultures difficult.

root
05-23-2005, 07:29 PM
What are the prospects for a globalized Islam based on a global ummah?
I don't think the chances are very likely, even less so over the coming days when France then Holland vote to become Multicultural European or retain thier respective countries constitution.

guess we all have to wait and see........

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lateralus63
05-23-2005, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
I don't think the chances are very likely,.

i can see where you are coming from root, you see the thing is, we need not worry about the "prospects" of a globalised islam, If you are a muslim then you believe the prophecies which have been written down about imam mehdi and jesus and islam regaining its former glory, its not a matter of hope simply a matter of time.

However the current frame of modernism in the world disallows this globalised islam mechanism to take place, not to mention the fact the muslims have not had victory yet simply because we do not deserve it yet.

In this current frame of the world, i would partially agree, its most likely not possible unless the current systems of financial, social and moral were replaced by something which is compatible with islam, for example the current education systems in the united kingdom take no account whatsoever for religon, where as if religon was taken into consideration globally the prospect of a globalised islam is quite likely in that department.

Generally, for globalised islam to take place the current fallacies and faults of the world's system need to be replaced, this system in the world is created by the people, for the people, we need Allah's laws to have our one united ummah again.

panIslamist
05-24-2005, 08:30 PM
The best way to establish a global ummah is for Muslims to repent to their Lord, correct their beliefs, and nurture themselves and their families according to the correct Islam. This way is vehemently anti-secularalist. The way to salvation is not, as some people imagine, to rise up with arms against the rulers, and to conduct military coups with the result of millions of Muslim deaths, but to correct oneself to the straight path. Furthermore, it is imperative to establish the foundation upon which the building will stand.

Ibn Syed
05-24-2005, 08:49 PM
I agree with Imaad udeen. We have to spread through peace.
:w:

imaad_udeen
05-25-2005, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by panIslamist
The best way to establish a global ummah is for Muslims to repent to their Lord, correct their beliefs, and nurture themselves and their families according to the correct Islam. This way is vehemently anti-secularalist. The way to salvation is not, as some people imagine, to rise up with arms against the rulers, and to conduct military coups with the result of millions of Muslim deaths, but to correct oneself to the straight path. Furthermore, it is imperative to establish the foundation upon which the building will stand.

:applaud:

ALLAHU AHKBAR!

sardab
05-27-2005, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by panIslamist
I needed some honest and objective opinions on the following topic.

What are the prospects for a globalized Islam based on a global ummah? Some critics have pointed to Islamic freedom fighters journeying to Bosnia, Chechnya, and Afghanistan as examples of a world wide struggle. Do you think this is a realistic analysis?
Also, do you believe that groups (i.e. Tabligh, Salafis) that seek a imaginary ummah will be successful in their visions to create a universal Muslim community that is based on strict Islamic norms that transcend the very notion of culture?
Can these views be transferred to the mainstream Muslim community or are the prospects for this vision shortsighted and a product and an agent of the complex forces of globalization?
:sl:

Very good question indeed. Mashallah.

In my opinion the issue has two dimensions. First is as you mention on the individualistic basis. If we all could become better Muslims in our lives, Allah would give us what we deserve.

The second dimension is about politics. Imho, we need not to be citizens of a single Muslim state. We can achive unity of ummah through a global organization that works like the EU of today. Or we can call it United Nations of Islam.

:w:

MetSudaisTwice
05-27-2005, 08:52 AM
salam
allahu akbar
i agree with imaad udeen, peace is needed to spread islam globally

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.