/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Translation of the Holly Qur'an

Serene
05-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Asslamu Alikum,

I hope this finds you all well inshaa Allah. I am rather new here, and I am just praying that my stay would be as benfitial as possible to all of us.

Allhamdulilah, I am born a muslim and I do speak Arabic as well. I have been blessed with the chance of working in a project for translating the meanings of the Holly Qur'am into English. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to see the project completed.

However, I decided since then to devote a greater part of my time to help in refining such translations of Qur'an if that is possible. I studied translation for two years and now I am preparing for an MA thesis. I can use all the information and advice I can get from you inshaa Allah.

Dear brothers and sisters, for some time now I have been trying to decide on a certain issue to handle in mythesis, but I want to make my thesis of any use too anyone get a better understanding of Qur'an. That is why I am writing in to ask you for your feedback, your thoughts, anything you could come up with regarding certain difficulties or preferences in different transltions.

I will be waiting for your replies, and know that you might be helping to make someone read the Qur'an with more ease. May Allah grant us knowledge that would drive us closer to his Providence.

Jazakum Allahu khayran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.