/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Y Do Dey Tawk Lik Dis? Or how I learned to stop texting and love the dictionary

BoiStop
05-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Salaam,

Omgosh!

I now know y der r 4ems dat b3nd talkin' lik dis.

It's really annoying and wow it looks horrible and it is not even cute. I'm not even going to bother responding to the replies that I get that speak this slang. I can't believe that I am sounding boogie, but I can really see why this rule is implemented on certain boards. Yuck.

salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F.Y.
05-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Salam
Completely agree. People should take the time to write in full sentences and attempt to spell words correctly. I think it's harder to try to decipher what someone is saying 'wen dey start ritin lyk dis' compared to real English.

Remember people - we are trying to make it as easy as possible for each other to understand what we are trying to say. Don't make it any more difficult by using slang.

Plus, if you write nicely and in proper English with the intention of making it easy for someone to read, you'll get rewarded inshallah.

That's my rant. Thanks BoiStop for bringing that up.

Peace

Muezzin
05-30-2006, 08:42 AM
I agree so much I even changed the thread title for clarification

Sister_6038
05-30-2006, 08:43 AM
jolly good old chap!! hee haw hee haw!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
05-30-2006, 09:04 AM
...an old lady at work said to me "You speak the queens english better than most of the english speaking folks i know!"

So i said to her "stuff the queens english,..im a royal on my own.." ;D

glo
05-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Frankly, if you want to be understood, you have to write in a way that's legible!
Personally, I find some of these texting post so hard to decipher, that I am likely not to read them at all. And I know I'm not the only one! :rollseyes

Mind you, the same goes for those huge long posts, usually cut and pasted, and often without any paragraphs to make it easier on the eye!

Never mind Queen's English - just plain old people's English will do! :thankyou:

Peace.

SirZubair
05-30-2006, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Never mind Queen's English - just plain old people's English will do! :thankyou:

Peace.
Its called "Zubairs English" ****** <~~~ ( looks like im not allowed to say that word.. ),have you forgotten already? Im a royal :okay:

glo
05-30-2006, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Its called "Zubairs English" ****** <~~~ ( looks like im not allowed to say that word.. ),have you forgotten already? Im a royal :okay:
Unfortunately for you, I am not a royalist! ;D

SirZubair
05-30-2006, 09:21 AM
OFF WITH HER HEAD !! :okay:

Alrite alrite,back on topic,..yeah,..people,refer to www.dictionary.com

*trying to remember who got upset at me last time i posted a link to www.dictionary.com ;D )

F.Y.
05-30-2006, 10:49 AM
^forget cool. If you try to say what they have actually written, you would be forgiven for thinking they've got something stuck in their mouth - or that they've temporarily taken out thier dentures or something.
No offence to anyone. Just write nicely.
Peace

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Ya Allah we been through this *eyes rolly*...If i wana cht lyk dis i shal n if i want to converse in such a manner I friggn' well shall :D..Peace...
I will purchase a dictionary and learn it all :) And then flex it bout :) Just for you though...Peace x

Muezzin
05-30-2006, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Ya Allah we been through this *eyes rolly*...If i wana cht lyk dis i shal n if i want to converse in such a manner I friggn' well shall :D..Peace...
I will purchase a dictionary and learn it all :) And then flex it bout :) Just for you though...Peace x
Must... resist... temptation... to... delete... post...

afriend
05-30-2006, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
jolly good old chap!! hee haw hee haw!!
LOL

I suppose sometimes you can't even read what is being typed.

if its a few shortenings like this sentence here (minimal), or:

Why cant we just talk like dis.

But as long as it is readable it shud(Note:should) be ok.

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Why???...I swear you got it in fo meh...tsk...be like that..Peace x

afriend
05-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Sorry sister Maz, but:

Sumtimes I can't even understand what you're sayin.

F.Y.
05-30-2006, 11:23 AM
To Maz

llew yrt ot erugif thaw i ma gniyas won neht. woh seod taht leef? yltcaxe. ton a ecin gnileef si ti?

ecaeP

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Lol why you sorry? Everyone's entitled to being stupid and I just abusing the privelege :D...Ah well thats life, live wit it or kill yourself :)
Peace x

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 11:25 AM
llew yrt ot erugif thaw i ma gniyas won neht. woh seod taht leef? yltcaxe. ton a ecin gnileef si ti?

ecaeP
Well try to figure what I am saying now then, How deos that feel? Exactly not a nice feeling is it?
Peace

I must say me ol' codger it feels damn good, like takin' candy from a baby *he ha ho*..
Oh i do declare it was a pickle trying to find out what thy was on about but i daresay i do love challenges...
Well me jolly ol' chap thankyou for that intriguing post but damn me if I'm wrong I dont think the horrid youth of today are that bad whilst posting?...Dear me, I shall need to adopt this manner of conversing on a more permnant long-term basis and put that awful yobbish talk in the litter bin to be recycled and left for another soul...
Peace and blessings me unto you x

afriend
05-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I did say 'Sometimes'......:(

and now all you sisters keep your gazes down while I do something:

;) thanx bro Muezzin!

F.Y.
05-30-2006, 11:32 AM
^^I ensured i made it easy enough for you to guess how to read it Maz. I think the give away was the capital P I wrote.
What a difference punctuation makes eh?

Keep writing in English kiddos!
Peace

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 11:35 AM
I did say 'Sometimes'......:(

and now all you sisters keep your gazes down while I do something:

;) thanx bro Muezzin!
Oh sorry my sweet bottled of aatr imported from the Saudi kindgom and purchased from the local comercial centre, I do understand...Why how lovely it was of you to post a precaution before hand..Now this is the behaviour of a highly admirable youth..
'Respect' ..the excessive vocab that is found on their decayed tongues ..Laugh Out Loud..
Peace be with you and your fellow citizens and companions of the Earth and skies x

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
^^I ensured i made it easy enough for you to guess how to read it Maz. I think the give away was the capital P I wrote.
What a difference punctuation makes eh?

Keep writing in English kiddos!
Peace
I daresay you are a lass of high intellect than thy..Indeed i do agree my fellow being of the horrible fading shadow of a world...I urge all the fellow uncles, aunties, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, cousins etc to adopt this manner of interacting..It is highly respectful and please refrain from that yobbish dialect...Very disturbing I do declare...
Peace be unto yee x

afriend
05-30-2006, 11:43 AM
LOL!!!

(:embarrass)

OMG u sound weird in that...wierd language...LOL

Refer to Alpha Dude's sig (final sector)

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 11:47 AM
:-[ :p :rollseyes

Must I remind you my ol' cod I am new to this manner of conversing..Please do bare this situation with patience ..Greatly appreciate it..Peace be with you x

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
LOL!!!

(:embarrass)

OMG u sound weird in that...wierd language...LOL

Refer to Alpha Dude's sig (final sector)
What is this 'LOL' ...yobbish language *humph*..I daresay it reminds me of a dogg 'lollin'...do refrain from it young lad of no intelect :rollseyes

Why are you embarresed ...It looks as if you have put far to much blusher than you initially required*he ha ho*

Weird language? Is this a manner of addressing the Queen's language appropriate? Your a disgrace for not communicating in such a way ;)

I shall indeed take into account his signiture, Verily this being is very intelligent
Peace be with you x

afriend
05-30-2006, 11:56 AM
NOOO!!!!!!!!!!

go back to the old way...GO BACK!!!

AvarAllahNoor
05-30-2006, 11:58 AM

Alrite alrite,back on topic,..yeah,..people,refer to www.dictionary.com

*trying to remember who got upset at me last time i posted a link to www.dictionary.com ;D )
Should that not be 'Orf' with her head

Muezzin
05-30-2006, 12:02 PM
What is this 'LOL' ...yobbish language *humph*..I daresay it reminds me of a dogg 'lollin'...do refrain from it young lad of no intelect :rollseyes
You spelt 'intellect' incorrectly. Milady.

Why are you embarresed ...It looks as if you have put far to much blusher than you initially required*he ha ho*
'Embarrassed' and 'too'.

Weird language? Is this a manner of addressing the Queen's language appropriate? Your a disgrace for not communicating in such a way ;)
You're.

I shall indeed take into account his signiture, Verily this being is very intelligent
Peace be with you x
Signature.

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 12:02 PM
NOOO!!!!!!!!!!

go back to the old way...GO BACK!!!
Well my Ambrosia processed custard smothered on hot apple pie with a touch of Silverspoon icing sugar I shall never revert back to my stupid foolish ways of communicating in that horrendous language..Its sickening, gets my stomach churning, I urge you my dear freshly picked leaf of corrianda to adopt this style if typing...Please take heed and polish your ways as you would do your shoes...Peace be with you x

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Muezzin my fellow being, Do forgive me distressed young lad..
Dont rub the salt in the wound, this is a hard experiance for me, Dont penilise me for silly mistakes, I will indeed take this into account..
Peace

Muezzin
05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
'That language', my insatiable bowl of pineapple chunks, is English. Please speak and type it correctly so that others may understand just what on earth you're trying to say.

Adieu and good bye.

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes indeed my overdate curdled milk purchased from the manky filthy Tesco's store in the area which i reside by, I do understand what your trying to say..
Why thankyou for that, you have my sincere ever-lasting gratitude for that lovely genuine peice of advice you have presented before my eyes
Peace x

Muezzin
05-30-2006, 12:09 PM
The pleasure is all mine, my shaved chimpanzee Twycross-escapee. Now let us all agree that this sort of text is much easier to read than 'txt spk'.

Muezzin
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Close this bid'aa fitnah haraam thread. :mad:
Now you're talkin' my language.

Deletion time.

x Maz x
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Close this bid'aa fitnah haraam thread. :mad:
:offended: Oh dear, you sounds as if youhave been prickled with a thorn...Jeez we are only expressing out love for such a dialect and 'flexin' it as the youth would say...Do ellaborate how it is bid'aa and haram and fitnah aswell
JazakAllah Khair in advance Peace x

doodlebug
09-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Assalamu aleiykum

Ok don't flame me here but I honestly can't read a LOT of the threads on this board. I am not sure what the deal is here. Is it that people write phonetically because they speak a different language than English or is this a new type of slang that I can anticipate my kids doing?:?

DigitalStorm82
09-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah its rather annoying... but like the saying goes... the world keeps turning...

you either turn with it.. or get left behind.

It is easy to read properly constructed sentences... but,I guess when you're answering questions... you can't be bothered trying to correct their slang. At the same time.. it would help to be able to UNDERSTAND the questions in the first place.

Kids these days lol... its not "cool" to talk all slang lol

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Lol...it is cool but...when your in discussions it should be professional lol.
cuz people have to understand what your saying in order to respond >.<

Mawaddah
09-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I have the same problem as you Sis doodlebug and I could be classified as a "kid" still :lol:

However I dont let it get to me, I just skip over those posts......It's not cool, just very irritating.

Keltoi
09-28-2006, 12:56 AM
This has actually caused me many problems in replying to certain posts because, quite frankly, I can't read what they are trying to say.

Woodrow
09-28-2006, 01:13 AM
I found that the best way to reply to them is to just type in random letters in groups of 4. and periodicaly through in a number.

ie

thnx ixny 4 dink pink tink

Oddly, they seem to understand it. I just wish I knew what it was. But, I figure if I can't understand the question, it probably makes sense if I can't understand my reply.

Yes, I agree it is very annoying and in my opinion gives a very poor image to our members who speak English as a second Language.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Lol...that was funni what u said =)
But it is very true.

Tania
09-28-2006, 10:34 AM
What about to write in both way, until we get used with the slang lingo, like:
4 u
for you:)

S_87
09-28-2006, 11:27 AM
:sl:

lol just dont use slang :p

the odd u is fine but the numbers letters combination i can never get :grumbling:

Muezzin
09-28-2006, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
Assalamu aleiykum

Ok don't flame me here but I honestly can't read a LOT of the threads on this board. I am not sure what the deal is here. Is it that people write phonetically because they speak a different language than English or is this a new type of slang that I can anticipate my kids doing?:?
Yeah, I hate text speak too.

Helena
09-28-2006, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

lol just dont use slang :p

the odd u is fine but the numbers letters combination i can never get :grumbling:

same here sis..i dnt get number letter combination...totally confusion for me lil brain......

it dsnt irritate me...or annoy me......i jus leave it....

doodlebug
09-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Ok thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one. So is it officially called "text slang"?

UmmSqueakster
09-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm 25 and I can't make hide nor hair of it. Well, I could, but it would just take me longer, and I'm lazy :D

~Stranger~
09-28-2006, 06:09 PM
thank god u opened this thread doodlebug. i thought i was getting old....

i can understand when ppl want to type shorter, like type "u" instead of "you" but some ppl go to far with it and it just irritates me and as some ppl said the numbers combination is the worst (gr8 :grumbling, l8r :grumbling :grumbling !!!!!)

im not criticizing anyone though but hope they'll be more understand for the elderly like us :p
:w:

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 06:14 PM

der r similar threads lyk dis :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...light=language

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...light=language

but de wrst fing iz dat it cant b helpd :p

~Stranger~
09-28-2006, 06:26 PM
If you try to say what they have actually written, you would be forgiven for thinking they've got something stuck in their mouth - or that they've temporarily taken out thier dentures or something.
so true :giggling: ;D

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Stranger~

so true :giggling: ;D
i did go to de dentist last week...but am sure i didnt leave ne o ma teeth der or had ne tooth taken out since der r healthy n shiney :coolious:

but i gues de reason to us typin dat way iz dat our fingatips got probs wid typin...it jus dnt lyk de keyboard...:-\...so dey try ta avoid it as much as dey can :-\

Woodrow
09-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Tell the truth, your tongue got wrapped around your eye teeth and you can't see what you are saying.

Slang is very appropriate in it's proper setting among peers and the messages are a form of identity among an age group. People will communicate in the most easy to understand language. When people are all of the same peer group, informal language is understandable and preferred. However, if the intent is to communicate across various structures, then it is essential to use the most widely recognised language, which will be the grammaticaly correct form of the language.

For that reason, slang is seen as a deliberate attempt to exclude people from a conversation.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-28-2006, 07:12 PM
yaaaaaa allah, not dis talk again :-\ astagfirulah, da amount of times dis bin up..!! im gona say wot i alwayz say, if u cant understand me den ignore me.. :) simple..

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
For that reason, slang is seen as a deliberate attempt to exclude people from a conversation.

naaaa...if ne1 finks dat way plz forgiv me pweez :hiding:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-28-2006, 07:25 PM
nah, i dnt do it 2 exclude people 4rm conversations :? most people understand me but choose 2 pick out lil faults.. 4 sum reason...

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 07:34 PM

okee lemme tel u y we spk lyk dat...itz cuz its cool....yup its c-0-0-l :shade:

a kno a lot o peepz disagree...but u kno dat rapz kl...n y izzat...iz cuz no1 undrstands de flippin lingo n das y iz kl :D:D:D

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Too much text speak and slang can become confusing to understand. Personally, people who don't use puntuation or paragraphs make my brain almost explode. Please, just use a paragraph every now and again!:enough!:

:wasalamex

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Too much text speak and slang can become confusing to understand. Personally, people who don't use puntuation or paragraphs make my brain almost explode. Please, just use a paragraph every now and again!:enough!:

we

do

ourz

iz

de

most

spread

out

:D:D:D

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-28-2006, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+
we

do

ourz

iz

de

most

spread

out

:D:D:D

Lol the people who usually do this aren't txt speakers. So I guess that part of my post was off-topic.

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 07:59 PM
me tinks u is gna hav to gt used 2 it wat wid moi bein around n dat ;)

Lol Messin , jus errm... take ya tym whilst readin n im sure ull figure out wat they chattin lol

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
me tinks u is gna hav to gt used 2 it wat wid moi bein around n dat ;)

Lol Messin , jus errm... take ya tym whilst readin n im sure ull figure out wat they chattin lol

n if u dnt get nefin....de slng queens r round der sumwer ta hlp u out :D...unlyk de oda queens dese queens r generous n mor dan happy ta hlp u learn :)

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 08:03 PM

n if u dnt get nefin....de slng queens r round der sumwer ta hlp u out :D...unlyk de oda queens dese queens r generous n mor dan happy ta hlp u learn :)

yep on top of bein dee asian queen ;) me is also dee Pink Queen dee slang queen dee LI Queen dee textin Queen...da list iz endless....lol

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-28-2006, 08:04 PM
It hurts my eyes looking at that much text speak.:(

The Ruler
09-28-2006, 08:05 PM
ouch sis...how about some pain relief chunks of writing for your eyes? :D

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 08:07 PM

okee lemme tel u y we spk lyk dat...itz cuz its cool....yup its c-0-0-l :shade:

a kno a lot o peepz disagree...but u kno dat repz kl...n y izzat...iz cuz no1 undrstands de flippin lingo n das y iz kl :D:D:D

yup yup me iz deffo gna second dat, peeps if u cant undrstand nor read dis lingo it means U IS GETTIN OOOOOOOOOOLLLDDDDD!!! U need 2 get wid da tymzzzz lolllll MESSIN NO OFFENCE ANY1 me is jus messin ;)

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 08:09 PM
awwwwww sowi sis....it cums naturally, I dont mean 2 write like dis, as u can tell me is a text maianc n it shows ;)

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-28-2006, 08:10 PM
That's alot better!:happy:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-28-2006, 08:13 PM
sorry cant b helped.. u either wid us or u not :p its comes naturally cnt b helped :p so ignore me if u dnt undastnd yeh :D

Woodrow
09-28-2006, 08:13 PM
A gentle reminder for those who may have forgotten what the FAQ's say.
Post Etiquettes

3. Please post in the appropriate forum.
4. Off-topic freeposts in multiple threads is very annoying please refrain from posting such comments. Off-topic also includes:

starting topic to re-discuss closed one

posting only to increase post count

5. When quoting an article, story, poem, review or any written material, you must mention the author, if known to you, and the source from which you copied these materials. Give credit to where it belongs.
6. Please refrain from typing extremely huge letters in order to get your message through.
7. Symbols and incomprehensible text speak are not allowed to be used in your posts.8. Honourable and dignified behaviour must be observed at all times, especially when replying to a post by a member of the opposite gender.
There are threads and forums here in which text and slang can be used. Some of the Humerous Halal Fun threads for example. However, if the purpose of a thread is to convey an Idea or a Belief, text and slang are very inappropriate. Also, in any religious thread some of us (myself for one) do view the use of text or slang as being disrespectfull or blasphemous.

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
but honestly I find it really really hard to type like this <------------------

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
haha innit.. we da new generation.. we gna take ova muhahaha :p LOL jokes..

sorry :$ buh yeh, its da "cool" way of chattin.. *i bet ima get loadza warnin 4 dis!!*

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Keep practicing sis. You'll find it's better for da'wah and conveying your views.:)

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
and talkin like this <------- Is BORIN

Dis D WaY U Iz mEaNt 2 cHaT PeEpz u gEtS MoI? ;)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-28-2006, 08:16 PM
same ere.. even tho ima an A* eng. student.. lol, serious.. but giv uz a breaaaaak plz! u lot r mean wen u pik on us :( juz cuz we cnt speak! i dnt fink ma lingo iz bad, nw it is cuz im duin it purposely.. jokes :?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-28-2006, 08:17 PM
4 dawah purposes il spk like proper, buh normali il spk like dis.. wen its serious n dat i cn b serious :D but now.. its all good yh?

Daffodil
09-28-2006, 08:18 PM
what annoyes me just as much as the txt speak is wen ppl put numbers in their words because they believe it looks like an arabic letter of the alphabet, so they use 7 i thnk for the letter ain n stuff like that and they actually write like this, thats one thing that well annoys me, instead of writing in numbers get an arabic keyboard for god sakes!

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-28-2006, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
same ere.. even tho ima an A* eng. student.. lol, serious.. but giv uz a breaaaaak plz! u lot r mean wen u pik on us :( juz cuz we cnt speak! i dnt fink ma lingo iz bad, nw it is cuz im duin it purposely.. jokes :?

Seriously sis. I don't read most of the text speak posts because it hurts my eyes trying to decipher them, lol. Not trying to be funny.

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
what annoyes me just as much as the txt speak is wen ppl put numbers in their words because they believe it looks like an arabic letter of the alphabet, so they use 7 i thnk for the letter ain n stuff like that and they actually write like this, thats one thing that well annoys me, instead of writing in numbers get an arabic keyboard for god sakes!
I gta admit that really annoys me2 ! I dont do dat :D

Kittygyal
09-28-2006, 09:07 PM
saalm.
well i think most people whom talk like slang && that are just having abit of fun but maybe there used to it as in texting on cell so yeah it makes it easier, but i prefer it like this because i find it hard to type like slang, i can remember i came newly first && i used to write soo much slang unbelieveable && people used to say translate or say me english is bad but walahi i find it hard well it takes me ages writting in slang humm well then again they shouldn't be banned for little things i mean well just cause they type slang humm well then again mods are mods so i have respect for them isnhalalh :)
w.salam

DigitalStorm82
09-28-2006, 09:24 PM
I wonder what kind of grades you guys get in english class lol jk

Hijaabi22
09-28-2006, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
funi u ask dat cos moi was da top gal in da class, got A in eng lit n A in eng Lang 2 ;) n a B at A-level, few mrks off an A, SO NOPE ME AINT AS THIK AS I SOUND LOL

lfaridi
09-28-2006, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
To Maz

ecaeP
salam

lol that's a good one.

peace
linda

DigitalStorm82
09-28-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lfaridi
salam

lol that's a good one.

peace
linda

Omg what does that say!!!!????

~Stranger~
09-29-2006, 10:35 AM
i think we can go like this forever but nothing will come out of it and i find some ppl's posts a bit rude

as some members suggested we can just ignote text posts but theres a problem if the thread starter types like that and want ppl to reply to their thread.....

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-29-2006, 01:10 PM
I do try to read, but when my eyes start hurting I have to stop.:haha:

Muezzin
09-29-2006, 01:57 PM
I've decided to merge these threads. I don't like the thought of having two threads dedicated to text speak discussion.

Kittygyal
09-29-2006, 03:19 PM

salam.
*ahem* ;D
they got good grades, :X it doesn't matter of grades i mean maybe here they write text speech but in exams it's totally different most people on this forum are young so yeah can't blame, blame there Headmistress :uuh:
w.salam

Mr. Baldy
09-29-2006, 03:25 PM
my god, text speek is the stupidest invention since the mullett... no but seriously surely it takes more time and concentration writing that idiotically, than actually writing the proper queens english...

Kittygyal
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
my god, text speek is the stupidest invention since the mullett... no but seriously surely it takes more time and concentration writing that idiotically, than actually writing the proper queens english...

salam.
i agree 101% with you. :happy:
w.salam

AvarAllahNoor
09-29-2006, 03:41 PM

Hactually it's 'Orf with her head' :giggling:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 03:43 PM
lol i can't handle text speech when people go nutz wit it...so wotevvvsss

Snowflake
09-29-2006, 03:44 PM
and talkin like this <------- Is BORIN

Dis D WaY U Iz mEaNt 2 cHaT PeEpz u gEtS MoI? ;)
You sound like a female version of Ali G! :heated:

The Ruler
09-29-2006, 04:58 PM
u sur u wanna kno :? :?....cuz trus me its gonna stun u dat de peepz dat ryt lyk dis actually get A*z n ya kno y cuz dey ryt mor wid les wrds...causin les hand tiredness...practicin mor enlish....improvin it :D...in exams de ryt fast n dey ROK!! :thumbs_up

format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_sis
You sound like a female version of Ali G! :heated:
huzat :? :?

~Stranger~
09-29-2006, 05:52 PM

enough with it already

text speech is annoying but talking about is even more annoying.

what i hate about our ummah is that we complain and complain and complain and .................. complain some more but do absolutly nothing about it.

either the mods do something about it or we stop this useless talk already for god's sake.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 05:52 PM
lol i agree =)

DigitalStorm82
09-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Agree.... I say we ban it.. just to make it easier on everyone.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-29-2006, 06:38 PM
whaaaat? ban tex speak.. datz da mst pathetic ting ive herd.. we cn speak however we like thank u, we dnt need ppl telin us how 2 speak! 4 Allah sake, leave us alone!!! stop pikin out little minor faults in us.. :uuh: :grumbling think about the faults u have b4 u pik out other peoples!

ban it if u want.. il gess il juz have 2 leave LI :uuh: :uhwhat .. i aint changin 4 anybody like i sed millionz ov times b4.. il onli change 4 Allah.. so dnt bother tryin 2 convince me ^o)

dis topic is gettin borin nw, so people plz b4 u open a thread lyk dis remember we'v alredy got 20 more..! dnt u tink dis thread should be closed now?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 06:46 PM
lol @ u sis...=)
its funni though...I can read it through like butter. Not a problem for me.
I sometimes write like that, but only when it's not serious talk...:)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-29-2006, 06:48 PM
yeh, obviousli in serious talks i spk serious.. but just like in normal threads its just a little shortenin of words.. nuttin harmful

Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-29-2006, 06:50 PM

slang no no...4me its nt used 2 exclude people 4rm convo...if u think like sowie aswell...its jus on da net...msn..forums dats how i type its jus qik n faster...dnt ask y:)...but if i was sending an email 2 ma teacher n i guess i will switch to typin in standard english!!!:)..every1 is diffrent...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 06:54 PM
When my mood is normal I type this way. But when I'm hyper I'll use slang and stuff. If it's mixed I'll do both lol...:D

Kittygyal
09-29-2006, 06:57 PM
salam
well bann?? erm no not really because all my Ukthi's && Akhi's will go && then we will not have anyone here && i don't want Queen, Nor my nephew Ha4run to go nor Muslim4life or anoyone else whom uses text speech but then again i think we should have that thread back up "slnag lingo" because i feel abit sowiee for the people whom speak text because they don't have no where because every corner they go they get told off so yeah lets just be more considerate && leave them because in one way i agree it's hard to understand but then again it's not going to hurt a human reading over && over again because am sure it doesn't take alot of time so yeah lets just leave the people whom use text speech also i want to say, most of the people on this site are young so yeah lets be abit more kind to them because they are young && also we were in there shoes one day so soon they will giove up, you know like when you have a fag you get addicted so it's like when you use text on Cell too much you get addicted so lets just chill && i think we should just give negative reps to the people whom write text haha JOKE wouldn't give that to any of my Akhi's or Ukthi's :wub:
w.salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 06:59 PM
lol sis ur sentences would be fine if u used periods..:) I feel like I run out of breath when I read it lol.

Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-29-2006, 07:00 PM
^^^lol sister:)

Kittygyal
09-29-2006, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
lol sis ur sentences would be fine if u used periods..:) I feel like I run out of breath when I read it lol.
salam.
haha "periods" haha but thats me just too fast for my speed :hiding:
w.salam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 07:05 PM
It's funni tho. I'm reading it in my head yet I get like dat lol'sz.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-29-2006, 07:06 PM
lol.. atleast u dnt get picked on :-\

anyways.. THANK U SIS KITTYGAL.. :) u so understandin :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-29-2006, 07:07 PM
what does dat make me huh huh? lol kidding =)

Kittygyal
09-29-2006, 07:11 PM

salam.
Shukran Ukthi, i understand i don't want my little sweet Ukthi getting picked on NOWAY!! && Ukthi are you saying i don't get picked on?? :uhwhat
w.salam

Hijaabi22
09-29-2006, 09:42 PM

lol yeah big up 2 ma sis kittygal :rock: !

Kittygyal
09-29-2006, 09:45 PM
lol yeah big up 2 ma sis kittygal :rock: !
salam.
*ahem* shukran Ukthi, but it's true tho i mean we are all humans we all make mistakes we are not all perfect so yeah mistake mistake, slang speech then what a big deal? okay hard to read then why not read it over again && undertsand it, i mean there should be a seperate thread for people,whom are addicted to slang thats not fair humm... whom is the head of this site gotcha have a word with him.
w.salam

Woodrow
09-29-2006, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
okay i think the mods should think about this as a gorup && decide what they want to do, because they cant just bann people i mean they should make a seperate thread like there was but suddenly next day i came && it's closed humm...
w.salam
Effen D rence s 2 d otter slng/txt trd. it 8nt clsd iz mrgd wt dis 1

zash2
09-29-2006, 10:37 PM
im soryy.. i tend to write like this as i am used to typing like this in texts so that i can fit the most words posible in a text. That is why i got a habit like this, aswel as on msn.. soryy... i wil try my best to write my best :)

*LJ*
09-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Asalamu alaikum,

ThIs Is WhAt I rEaLlY dOnT uNdErStAnD. It TaKeS sO MuCh EfFoRt to write like that (yes, I gave up) and it also takes a lot more effort to read it and I personally think its looks a bit silly. (no offence to anyone who likes this writing :embarrass)

Salam:)

Woodrow
09-30-2006, 12:08 AM
It does take considerably more time to write, than it takes to write standard English. Also it is open to vague interpretation and only the writer knows what was actually meant.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Also someone who is used too seeing writing like that or writes that way themselves.

zash2
09-30-2006, 12:24 AM
wel iv just had a realy bad habit in typing that way as i find it less time to type it :$ and the texting and msn made it bad enough for me :$ see i have improved :) even thought it is taking me forever to write like this again after such a while.. :)

zash2
09-30-2006, 12:29 AM
ahah yeh i know... i only noticed after.. since i am writing like this after a whilee i will tend to just mix my fingers on the keyboard :p i tend to write a bit to quick before i even read it.. i should improve on that also :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-30-2006, 12:31 AM
lol its better than not writing normal. So its aightttt =))

zash2
09-30-2006, 12:33 AM
ahah thanks sister ;) :) aslong as everyone can undaerstand what i am sayin thats fine with mee :)

Woodrow
09-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I finaly found the origin of text writing. When you go post a new reply scroll down to:

Valid file extensions:

And there you have it, the first know examples of text speech

bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mp3 pdf png psd rm txt wma wmv zip

I wonder what I just said?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-30-2006, 01:12 AM
loool i was wondering why u even searched it =)))

BlissfullyJaded
09-30-2006, 03:45 AM

Okay, I've given up on convincing the slang obsessed members.

But please, for the sake of Allah, don't put up text speak of the Quran. I've seen some copy/paste jobs being done quoting the Quran, and it is disrespectful and upsetting. What will we say when the Quran testifies against us? (Of course that question to myself first.) :( Just try your hardest to compromise this one thing if you reallllyyy have to type in slang/txt spk? :(

Jazakallah kulli khair.

The Ruler
09-30-2006, 12:17 PM

astaghfirullah :ooh: i vnt cum across ne Qur'an verses dat wer ritten in txt speak...:ooh: wen evr i ryt text speak it iz only wen am tlkin lyk ryt now :D:D:D

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 01:32 PM

salam.
okay but i am talking about the one Fisabillah made "slang lingo"
even i can read what you wrote not that hard is it :uhwhat
w.salam

Al-Zaara
09-30-2006, 02:23 PM
salam.
okay but i am talking about the one Fisabillah made "slang lingo"
even i can read what you wrote not that hard is it :uhwhat
w.salam
Well... I couldn't. :uuh:
I really didin't understand slang before, now I know a few words... But still, I never answer to a post that is written all in slang/texting.

I actually had a hard time trying to understand dis and dat, lyk, lyks, coz... etc.

:rollseyes

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Well... I couldn't. :uuh:
I really didin't understand slang before, now I know a few words... But still, I never answer to a post that is written all in slang/texting.

I actually had a hard time trying to understand dis and dat, lyk, lyks, coz... etc.

:rollseyes

salam.
okay but take time then to read simple humm Allah Hu A3lim! :)
w.salam

Al-Zaara
09-30-2006, 02:31 PM
salam.
okay but take time then to read simple humm Allah Hu A3lim! :)
w.salam
lol You don't get it? Why should I have to spend minutes trying to figure out what a member wrote just because this member trys to save his/her time?

I myself have not a lot of time to spend, and still I do my best to write as properly as possible, thinking about others so that they don't need to spend their time just trying to read my posts.

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 02:38 PM
lol You don't get it? Why should I have to spend minutes trying to figure out what a member wrote just because this member trys to save his/her time?

I myself have not a lot of time to spend, and still I do my best to write as properly as possible, thinking about others so that they don't need to spend their time just trying to read my posts.

salam.
well Ukthi there's many people on this forum whom are young so inshallah like i said before we should atleast leave them alone && also there should be a thread for them instead of banning them humm then agin i dunno inshallah am outa here
w.salam

Al-Zaara
09-30-2006, 05:43 PM
salam.
well Ukthi there's many people on this forum whom are young so inshallah like i said before we should atleast leave them alone && also there should be a thread for them instead of banning them humm then agin i dunno inshallah am outa here
w.salam

lol Sis, sorry if I scared you away or something.. xD

Yeah, I know there are young members in here, but I still hold to my opinion though. :okay:

I'm finished here now.. lol

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 06:46 PM

lol Sis, sorry if I scared you away or something.. xD

Yeah, I know there are young members in here, but I still hold to my opinion though. :okay:

I'm finished here now.. lol

salam.
well Ukthi i am not going to give up exspecially if my love ones like Glacier, Queen, Har4n my nephew get banned for this i mean come on there should be a section for the peoplewhom speak slang because where ever they go ever corner they get picked on && thats not fair so why can't we put up a poll && vote :uuh:
w.salam

P.S whom scared :? me:? of you:? your joking right :uhwhat am ONLY scared of Allah && am scared if someone is teasing me joke

Al-Zaara
09-30-2006, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=Kittygyal;505588]
salam.
well Ukthi i am not going to give up exspecially if my love ones like Glacier, Queen, Har4n my nephew get banned for this i mean come on there should be a section for the peoplewhom speak slang because where ever they go ever corner they get picked on && thats not fair so why can't we put up a poll && vote :uuh:
w.salam

A section? Hmm... Dunno, but there is a thread...:okay:

But I do NOT think people should get banned because they write like that...

P.S whom scared :? me:? of you:? your joking right :uhwhat am ONLY scared of Allah && am scared if someone is teasing me joke
LOL I didn't mean it seriously...

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=Al-Zaara;505604]

A section? Hmm... Dunno, but there is a thread...:okay:

But I do NOT think people should get banned because they write like that...

LOL I didn't mean it seriously...

salam.
humm am not sure now because i feel upset that these people get picked on every time, we was once in there shoe grrr i dunno.

i know Ukthi you was messing
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-30-2006, 07:09 PM

ummm broooo, datz juz a lil crossin ova da line.. we dont speak like dat!!

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 07:11 PM
ummm broooo, datz juz a lil crossin ova da line.. we dont speak like dat!!

salam.
aww bwessh Ukthi chillax the way you you type, type no one is going to stop you && i mean it if they do then you know what:? Jodie is going to bang them out okay
w.salam

Al-Zaara
09-30-2006, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Kittygyal;505617]

salam.
humm am not sure now because i feel upset that these people get picked on every time, we was once in there shoe grrr i dunno.

i know Ukthi you was messing
w.salam
Yeah, I've seen that members have been picking on slang speaking members much more than before... Maybe it has gotten so annoying or very extreme, like every word in slang or so...? :?

Though it doesn't justifie it if they call slang using people completely stupid or ask them to read the dictionary or so... Just to ask them to make their posts legible... That would do it I guess... Or hope...

And I see you too have stopped using much slang... To be honest sis, now I get you so much better:embarrass

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-30-2006, 07:14 PM
lol tnku u sis jodi :D:D:D lol dnt u fink dis thred shud b like.. CLOSED?

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=Al-Zaara;505633]

Yeah, I've seen that members have been picking on slang speaking members much more than before... Maybe it has gotten so annoying or very extreme, like every word in slang or so...? :?

Though it doesn't justifie it if they call slang using people completely stupid or ask them to read the dictionary or so... Just to ask them to make their posts legible... That would do it I guess... Or hope...

And I see you too have stopped using much slang... To be honest sis, now I get you so much better:embarrass

salam.
well Ukthi to behonest i find it much easier to type like this but then before i used to type like that because too much text on cell thats why :X, but i think we should just leave them alone because the majority of them are small && in primary school or just started secondry also most of them might not be using NET that much && they started using it recently but then again yes your right Musilm4life your correct this thread is just waste of space && waste or time also i can't believe the mods let this to carry on humm.. am still hunting down for the admin of this site to have a word because me want my love ones to stay not leave me, also if they ban all the snalg lingo people then whom is going to be on LI:? NO one so there we go && also if they do get warned humm.. weird but anyway thats the mods no arguing with them :X
all the people whom are slangy's am with you all the way so yeah don't think your alone ;)
w.salam

Hijaabi22
09-30-2006, 08:41 PM

erm sum ppl such as me dont intend 2 write th way we do it jus sorta pops out lol, nowt 2 do wid savin tym, think ull find that u dont save dat much tym anyways wen writin in txt lingo

Hijaabi22
09-30-2006, 08:43 PM
salam.
w.salam

lol ma sis u is jus tops gurl! But hey, i dont want u gettin warned or ''ganged'' up on by the non-text lingo-ing peeps so lets jus leave it eh :)

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 08:45 PM
lol ma sis u is jus tops gurl! But hey, i dont want u gettin warned or ''ganged'' up on by the non-text lingo-ing peeps so lets jus leave it eh :)

salam.
well warned? why warning for this i am helping my love ones because they mean something to me thats why oh if i get a warned thats abit harsh :cry: am helping thats all, && will do forever
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-30-2006, 08:45 PM
lol.. yeh like i sed its natural :D

Ummah
09-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Asalaamualaikum

completely agree. it really frustrates me when people write in slang, and i can imagine how frustrating it can be for those who are not fluent in english.. because its hard enough for the english speakers!

i also think people who write in that manner would benefit more if they wrote properly, its hardly positive brain training writing in such jibberish. i worry that it makes people thicker if they write like that.

*im on about people writing entire posts like that. not the odd text word here and there

Hijaabi22
09-30-2006, 08:49 PM
but i personally dont think am dat bad AT ALL. I myself find it hard 2 read posts that r totally written in slpang such as chacha jalebis :D (he aint here 2 defend himself haha)

The Ruler
09-30-2006, 08:51 PM

:threadclo

if a mod cud do de honour :D:D

Kittygyal
09-30-2006, 08:52 PM
salam.
okay people chill && am with all ze people whom write slang so yeah Jodie is with ya all :wub: this thread is Useless
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-30-2006, 08:53 PM
loool, nah, i havent come across someone who is really bad at slang! da badest ive seen is ^ *coughz asian* jokes sis... looool..

Hijaabi22
09-30-2006, 08:53 PM
luk dudes n dudettes, every1 gots their own style of writin n talkin y'gets me? jus accept it or do 1 ,simple as. lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.