/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism

faadil
05-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Muslims are often accused of being terrorists,but the word islam means peace and the holy quran does not teach us to kill innocent people.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
queen_nadia
05-30-2006, 01:29 PM
so true but doesn't terrorisim mean to inflict terror on others so i dunno why the wester gov feel as if they are not terrorists

Kittygyal
05-30-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by faadil
Muslims are often accused of being terrorists,but the word islam means peace and the holy quran does not teach us to kill innocent people.
salam.
so true bro at the end of the day we are all equal no matter what Race we are still one day we are all going to leave our soul behind.
ta for sharing bro.
w.salam

root
05-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Perhaps you should choose to discuss this in another forum.

'Articles which present an incorrect representation of Muslims or Islamic teachings, by highlighting unIslamic acts, are unacceptable.'
Someone who reasonably wants to have a stab at debating with you over the issue is severly placed in a difficult situation due to the above rules. So, muslims being terrorists would be an incorrect representation of muslims. catch 22, a great film.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vishnu
05-30-2006, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by faadil
Whenever someone sees a terrorist beheading someone in the name of Islam, what do you think people who are not educated about Islam will think?

Islam needs to rise up and punsih the people who potray it in a bad light.

faadil
05-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Thats exactly right brother

Islamicboy
05-30-2006, 11:53 PM
christopher columbus was a terrorist. FBI CIA MOSSAD American troops << Pure terrorist. Have any of you seen the beheading videos the strange thing is the blood does not pour out of the head... Killing an american soldiers is not terriosm killing an civilian is but who is actually doing the killing of civilians in iraq and afganistan? Is it muslims or American and foreign troops? Some so called contract workers are killed but they also can be spy...

F.Y.
05-30-2006, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
Islam needs to rise up and punsih the people who potray it in a bad light.
I dont think 'punishing' them is the way to go. They would only use this as further evidence of 'how bad' Islam is. It is rather difficult to just 'rise up'. You see, media is a powerful thing, and the majority is controlled by non-Muslim groups or organisations.
Any media that Muslims may have...non-muslim organisations would just use their own media to say that the Muslim media is funded by terrorists or something like that.
It's tough. The only way to get around the matter is to have Education days and invite people from the community and act in way that represents the good of Islam.

Peace

M.I.A.
05-31-2006, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by queen_nadia
so true but doesn't terrorisim mean to inflict terror on others so i dunno why the wester gov feel as if they are not terrorists
...so its subjective, if we inspire terror in normal non muslims we are indeed terorists to them, just like they inspire terror in muslims and are considered terrorists by us.
truth is we the normal people...muslim and non muslims often resent each other as a whole. too far from the conflicts that feul the fire...even though it dominates our lives at present.

terror breeds terror

damn i need sleep,doesn't even make sense to me anymore..probably didnt in the first place:thankyou: night all

aslaam alaaqum

wilberhum
05-31-2006, 12:40 AM
Islam needs to rise up and punish the people who portray it in a bad light.
That was my point exactly when I posted to September 11 - Pentagon crash, few Images.
It is great to see a comment like “That’s exactly right brother”. I couldn’t agree more. The more you challenge terrorists, the clearer it will be that there is no true association between Islam and terrorism. The “OBL didn’t do it” and the empty “conspiracy theories” make people believe there is an association. Detracting statements like “i dunno why the wester gov feel as if they are not terrorists” does not help the problem either.

So how can you and I help clear Islam’s name?

Joe98
05-31-2006, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
.....and act in way that represents the good of Islam.

Hello F.Y.

I am a Cronulla boy :happy:

F.Y.
05-31-2006, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Hello F.Y.

I am a Cronulla boy :happy:
That's good. Hope things are cooler that side now. I think everybody involved in those riots weren't representing the good of anything.

Peace

HeiGou
05-31-2006, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
christopher columbus was a terrorist. FBI CIA MOSSAD American troops << Pure terrorist. Have any of you seen the beheading videos the strange thing is the blood does not pour out of the head... Killing an american soldiers is not terriosm killing an civilian is but who is actually doing the killing of civilians in iraq and afganistan? Is it muslims or American and foreign troops? Some so called contract workers are killed but they also can be spy...
If I may translate into English: It wasn't us, it was them, and if it was us, they deserved it. Yada yada yada.

Woodrow
05-31-2006, 09:44 AM
Reality of this world is Terrorism is a Religious belief of it's own. No matter what the media or anybody calls them. Simple fact, a terrorist is a person who practices terror.

Like many religious groups, terrorists come in a variety of denominations and cultural backgrounds. Terrorists do not worship the God of Abraham, they worship the false gods of self rightiousness and egotism. There prayers are the the acts of instilling fear upon innocent people. Their alter and sacrifice is found in the flames of destruction. The scripture they adhere to is the words of the media, that goads them into believing they are successfull.

Now why are so many terrorist groups currently found in Arabic countries that are predominatly Muslim? Simple answer. The western world has declared a "War on Terror" and that is where they are concentrating on looking.. A quick google search for recognized terrorist groups, will reveal a very large number in any country you wish to name. But, right now it is not politicaly profitable to direct any overt action against them. It is nice publicity to find a very recognisable segment, that is far away from our "safe" "civilized" homelands. Nobody wants to hear the possibility that the most dangerous terrorist, are most likely home grown and living as our friends, co-workers and neighbors. Sounds safer if we can say the terrorists are 6000 miles away and our "protectors" are visibly keeping them away from us.

...............................End of rant.......................

afriend
05-31-2006, 09:54 AM
"War on teror"

rofl!!!

Isn't that a bit like:

I'm a nice guy, I hate terror. So I'm going to go and terrorise some terrorsts.

LOL

This is too much man!!

By Calling 'war', you have terrorised a number of people residing in a particular country, War is extremely horrid, and scary.

You don't know what might happen....:(

Isn't that terrorism in a way too?

Woodrow
05-31-2006, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
"War on teror"

rofl!!!

Isn't that a bit like:

I'm a nice guy, I hate terror. So I'm going to go and terrorise some terrorsts.

LOL

This is too much man!!

By Calling 'war', you have terrorised a number of people residing in a particular country, War is extremely horrid, and scary.

You don't know what might happen....:(

Isn't that terrorism in a way too?
I agree, but "The War on Terror" is not what I have coined. It is actually what George and Tony and a few or the other big boys, that run our countries are calling it.

Then again I remember when our government had the "War on Poverty" I think poverty won that one.

afriend
05-31-2006, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I agree, but "The War on Terror" is not what I have coined. It is actually what George and Tony and a few or the other big boys, that run our countries are calling it.

Then again I remember when our government had the "War on Poverty" I think poverty won that one.
Yes, if they want SOME sort of credit, they could have won the 'War on poverty' instantly! The would have been rated for their good acts.

Instead, they have acted as hypocrites by saying that it's a war on 'terror' as they have caused terror in the hearts of many people in Iraq etc.

how could it be a war on terror if terror has increased in those areas?

SirZubair
05-31-2006, 10:12 AM
What about "War on drugs",that didnt go down too well..

Oh alrite,..thats another topic..

HeiGou
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Yes, if they want SOME sort of credit, they could have won the 'War on poverty' instantly! The would have been rated for their good acts.
You think so? The Americans have waged a war on poverty, and on hunger and on disease. And since 1945 they have had huge success on all three counts. But they get no credit for it at all. Think of the cures they have provided, the vaccines against polio, the aid, the Green Revolution, the hospitals they have built. Have you in your entire life heard anyone praise them for that apart from me?

Instead, they have acted as hypocrites by saying that it's a war on 'terror' as they have caused terror in the hearts of many people in Iraq etc.
I do not see that as hypocritical.

how could it be a war on terror if terror has increased in those areas?
The government needs to make criminals afraid. The problem isn't that they are causing terror, but they are not causing enough terror to the bad people and too much for the innocent.

afriend
05-31-2006, 10:39 AM
You think so? The Americans have waged a war on poverty, and on hunger and on disease. And since 1945 they have had huge success on all three counts. But they get no credit for it at all. Think of the cures they have provided, the vaccines against polio, the aid, the Green Revolution, the hospitals they have built. Have you in your entire life heard anyone praise them for that apart from me?
I nevr said they didn't do anything, but instead of being all excited over the oil in Iraq, they could have arranged for atleast 20 (note atleast) African countries to find slight relief.

I do not see that as hypocritical.
Please refer to my other posts....

The government needs to make criminals afraid. The problem isn't that they are causing terror, but they are not causing enough terror to the bad people and too much for the innocent.
Things were perfectly fine before they invaded Iraq.

Why did they invade Iraq?

What was the main objective?

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 12:07 PM
What was the main objective?-baby bro Iqram

There was none...

I agree, but "The War on Terror" is not what I have coined. It is actually what George and Tony and a few or the other big boys, that run our countries are calling it. - Bro wood row

^^^ agreed

Islam is peace Terrorism it does not teach

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Brap Brap well said ya'll..Me no likes Bushy Bwoy...he got boots 4 times bigger than his manky feet *eyes rolly*..
He evil kneival...Ya Allah grant us victory over him and the species alike..
Peace x

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
pmsll @ species

Indeed Ameen :)

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 12:28 PM
pmsll @ species
I'm afraid i dont follow young lass...lol wha lingo dis? Muhahaaha
Peace x

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
pi5sing maself lafin << dat type

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 12:33 PM
LOL, neva heard that one before, firs time 4 erytin eh..
Peace x

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
uh huh... das a gud un aswel

HeiGou
05-31-2006, 03:08 PM
I nevr said they didn't do anything, but instead of being all excited over the oil in Iraq, they could have arranged for atleast 20 (note atleast) African countries to find slight relief.
Well they did sort of. All the developing countries got together in Scotland and agreed to forgive debt. America has specially low tarrifs for African countries. America continues to give huge amounts of Aid especially in the area hunger and HIV. Americans are even more generous - Bill Gates is funding the elimination of malaria and he may well do it.

Of course Americans give with no strings attached (unlike the Chinese for instance) and people hate them for it.

Things were perfectly fine before they invaded Iraq.
Fine in what sense?

[indent]Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr
In 1977, he was sentenced to life in prison following uprisings in Najaf, but was released two years later due to his immense popularity. Upon his release however, he was put under house arrest. In 1980, after writing in the defense of Khomeni and the Islamic Revolution, Sadr was once again imprisoned, tortured, and executed by the regime of Saddam Hussein. His sister, Amina Sadr bint al-Huda, was also imprisoned, tortured, and executed. [/quote]

The Americans do not imprison, torture and execute people's sisters.

This is not to say things are good in Iraq. But the sanctions are gone. Isn't that a good thing?

Why did they invade Iraq?

What was the main objective?
Overthrowing Saddam probably.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.