/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tarteel Recitation

Al-Hanbali
05-30-2006, 04:55 PM
:sl:

I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I am lookin for a place to download some recitation of the Quran in the tarteel method. Could someone plz provide some links or something.

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
07-09-2006, 04:37 PM

Have you tried http://english.islamway.com/sindex.p...=erecitorslist ?

Check the recitations by AbdulBasit AbdusSamad, Muhammad Ayoub, Ali al-Huthaify and Muhammad Siddiq al-Minshawi.

Far7an
07-09-2006, 04:49 PM

Ah, you mean qur'an being recited in tajweed style?

You'll find plenty here: www.kitabullah.com

And btw, I uploaded that video on googlevideos, I'll send you some more of his inshaaaAllah.

Umar001
07-09-2006, 05:18 PM
So Tarteel is the slow type?

Oh whao, I jus watched that again I never knew he went that loud, its scary.

RE-EDIT: Wait im confused how come he's switchin between loud and soft?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
07-10-2006, 10:39 AM

RE-EDIT: Wait im confused how come he's switchin between loud and soft?
It's a style of recitation. There is nothing wrong with reciting like that.

This explanation by SoundVision might help:

Tarteel:
The term tarteel is derived from the Arabic root rtl meaning the recite slowly. Tarteel is measured recitation of the Quran in rhythmic tones. It follows all the rules of tajweed giving every letter its correct articulation, observing all qualities of letters. Tarteel is the method most popular reciters of the Quran use today.

Example of tarteel is the recitations I linked to on Islamway.

Tajweed:
Tajweed is from Arabic root jwd. Literally it means beautification or making things excellent. Muslims use this term for the rules of reciting Quran in precise accordance with the established rules of pronunciation and intonations, such as tafkheem, velarization, Ghunnah, chanting, and Iqlaab, transposition. This discipline is taught in Islamic schools as ilmut tajweed (art of tajweed).

Example of Tajweed is recitations on kitabullah.com

The difference between Tarteel and Tajweed:
Tarteel and Tajweed, both, follow the rules of ilmut tajweed. Tarteel, however, is relatively faster paced then Tajweed. Unlike the word Tajweed, the term Tarteel is used by Allah in the Quran: And recite the Quran with tarteel in slow, measured rhythmic tone (73:4).

Khaldun
07-12-2006, 10:49 PM

Listen to the Imam of the Recitors, Shaykh Mahamuud Khalil Al-Husary, you can not get any thing more precise then that.

http://www.kitabullah.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl?1166.rm

Go forward to surah Bayyinah, altho surah Zilzal is the best. Its rather rare to get him reading like this. :)

Najiullah
07-25-2006, 06:20 PM
jazakAllah for the link

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.