/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reliability of this site?

akulion
05-31-2006, 02:24 AM
Salam Alaikum

Before we start to read this - first let us pray that Allah swt guides us to the right opinion on this matter. ameen

The site I am talking about is a site we all know very well called www.islam-qa.com

I was reading "About This Site" section on the site and I came across this bit of info:

Responses are composed by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid, a known Islamic lecturer and author.
It struck me as odd that the person is not identified as a "Mufti" since to legally pass fatwas concerning matters a person must be a Qualified Mufti.

so I followed the "Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid" link and came across this:

He was born on 30/12/1381 AH. He completed his elementary, middle and secondary schooling in Riyaadh, and completed his university studies in al-Dahran, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

He attended the classes of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen and Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Jibreen; they were the shaykhs from whom he learned the most. He also studied under Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Naasir al-Barraak and Shaykh Muhammad, the son Seedi al-Habeeb al-Shanqeeti. He learned the recitation of the Qur’aan from Shaykh Sa’eed Aal ‘Abd-Allaah.

Among his shaykhs from whom he learned were also Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan Aal Fawzaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Muhammad al-Ghunaymaan, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Muhsin al-Zaamil and Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Saalih al-Mahmood.

The shaykh from whom he learned the most with regard to fatwas was Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz – may Allaah have mercy on him; his relationship with him lasted for fifteen years. He is the one who encouraged him to teach, and wrote to the Da’wah and Guidance Centre (Markaz al-Da’wah wa’l-Irshaad) in Dammaam to ask them to co-operate with him in arranging lectures, khutbahs, and classes. Because of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), he became a khateeb, imaam and lecturer.
Now I dont know about all the sheikhs listed but does all this truly Qualify this person to pass fatwas?

===============================

Please treat this topic seriously - it is not intended to "bad mouth" this site but just raise the question - how reliable is this site we are depending on, nearly a daily basis?

Please ONLY Educated and SERIOUS opinions - no commenting and chit chatting since I wish to learn from bros and sis who may have more knowledge in this regards and not go deeper into confusion insha'Allah.

Jazak Allah Khair

Bro aku

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shudnt_have
07-03-2006, 01:08 AM
:salaam:

When I read your post. I searched the "Abdullah bin Wahhab" on this site. It seems the ppl of Islam-qa support the Imam and disagree with those who hold the opposite views...

I dont know subha'Allah..

Nawal89
07-03-2006, 12:46 PM
He attended the classes of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen and Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Jibreen; they were the shaykhs from whom he learned the most. He also studied under Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Naasir al-Barraak and Shaykh Muhammad, the son Seedi al-Habeeb al-Shanqeeti. He learned the recitation of the Qur’aan from Shaykh Sa’eed Aal ‘Abd-Allaah.

Among his shaykhs from whom he learned were also Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan Aal Fawzaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Muhammad al-Ghunaymaan, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Muhsin al-Zaamil and Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Saalih al-Mahmood.

The shaykh from whom he learned the most with regard to fatwas was Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz – may Allaah have mercy on him; his relationship with him lasted for fifteen years. He is the one who encouraged him to teach, and wrote to the Da’wah and Guidance Centre (Markaz al-Da’wah wa’l-Irshaad) in Dammaam to ask them to co-operate with him in arranging lectures, khutbahs, and classes. Because of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), he became a khateeb, imaam and lecturer.
To know that he studied under these sheikhs are enough for me. Read up on them inshaAllah. You dont have to graduate from a university or be "qualified" to give fatwa. Universities dont always teach the right thing. As long as you have the right knowledge then alhamdulillah.

S_87
07-03-2006, 01:04 PM
:sl:

if you look at the answers

A- he gives daleel

B- it is answered by scholars ie, he'll use proof with his answer, quotes from the salaf and also many scholars of today

The responses are handled by Sheikh Muhammad Salih al-Munajjid, using only authentic, scholarly sources based on the Quran and sunnah, and other reliable contemporary scholarly opinions. References are provided where appropriate in the responses.
plus if u look it doesnt say in that article his sheikhs were muftis but like they are/were

and:

When I read your post. I searched the "Abdullah bin Wahhab" on this site. It seems the ppl of Islam-qa support the Imam and disagree with those who hold the opposite views...
whats wrong with that ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-03-2006, 02:40 PM
:sl:

Imam Wahab was and is one of the greatest reformers in the history of this Ummah. He waged a war against Shirk and Bid'ah and that is why people hate him. You can read more here Inshallah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/353319-post19.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...lafi-path.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...caliphate.html

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.