/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Certain Unis

Silver Pearl
05-31-2006, 03:55 AM
:salamext

Does anyone know anything about the muslim community in the following universities: UCL, King's College, Queen Mary and Uni of Manchester?

Jizakallah khair in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silver Pearl
05-31-2006, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
why?are yuo trying to recruit them for the Mujahideen Infantry Corps?
anyways these Muslim girls in these unis most probably sleep with kaffirs.No warning please...
If you'd bothered to read some of my posts in regards to this all recruiting 'mujahedeen' you'd realise that it lies no place of interest in me. Nor is it my business whether muslims girls sleep with al-kafiroon or al-mushrikoon.

I asked because i would like to actually know if people have bothered to make a place for prayer and what not.

So do you have anything beneficial about the unis or are we going to sit here slandering the bro/sis about their person lives?

:wasalamex

seeker_of_ilm
05-31-2006, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

Does anyone know anything about the muslim community in the following universities: UCL, King's College, Queen Mary and Uni of Manchester?

:sl:

Some websites of the Isocs of these unis, inshallah they will be of use to you.

http://www.uclisoc.com/ - UCL Islamic Society
http://www.umsu.manchester.ac.uk/muisoc/ Uni of Manchester

Couldn't find anything about KCL and Queen mary

afriend2
05-31-2006, 10:13 AM

salaam,

my bro went to Queen Mary and my sister is inshAllah going to Kings college. there is quite a high Muslim population mashAllah in both unis.

and bro Emir Aziz, i find that comment insulting as the muslimahs i know (mostly my relatives and friends older than me) cover themselves Islamically and behave with proper Islamic etiquettes mashAllah.

wassalam :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister_6038
05-31-2006, 10:17 AM
manc uni has a MASSIVE islamic society...its pretty good my friends gatecrash their talks sometimes

afriend
05-31-2006, 10:18 AM

Well, if u want a muslim/multi cultural atmosphere, Queen Mary's university is the best out of them all (IT'S IN EAST LONDON LOL NEED I CONTINUE??)

the location is in a place where there are plentyful amounts of Muslims...

afriend2
05-31-2006, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Well, if u want a muslim/multi cultural atmosphere, Queen Mary's university is the best out of them all (IT'S IN EAST LONDON LOL NEED I CONTINUE??)

the location is in a place where there are plentyful amounts of Muslims...
salaam,

and near that area (mile end..whitechapel and so on) its great to buy halaal food because theres a PFC or a HFC at every 5 shops mashAllah.
and i think theres quite a few masjids in walking distance too, so thats excellent.

Allahu Alam

afriend
05-31-2006, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

and near that area (mile end..whitechapel and so on) its great to buy halaal food because theres a PFC or a HFC at every 5 shops mashAllah.
and i think theres quite a few masjids in walking distance too, so thats excellent.

Allahu Alam
LOLLL!!!!!!

What is it with u and PFC?? LOL

Yeah, MashAllah, it's a great place for Muslims *cough*clothes choppers*Cough*

Commuting is not a problem at all, very easy to get around.

afriend
05-31-2006, 10:29 AM
By the way!

If you are willing to travel a few stops more( about 7 or 8), then give UEL (University of East London) a try, my dad is currently going there, it's in Stratford, (East, More deeper LOL), there is a mosque inside, and every Friday, a brother does the Jummah there.

Also, there's a halal Nandos just a few mins away (LOL jk)

afriend2
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
LOLLL!!!!!!

What is it with u and PFC?? LOL

Yeah, MashAllah, it's a great place for Muslims *cough*clothes choppers*Cough*

Commuting is not a problem at all, very easy to get around.
salaam,

im just looking out for my fellow brothers and sisters, they do have to eat you know. and PFC is just a great place!

and the main road Queen Marys on leads onto Whitechapel...which then takes you to the LMC and East London Masjid.

and yeah theres loads of shopping places too. alhamdulillah its easy location place in terms of commuting. the underground is like 5 minutes walk away.

chacha_jalebi
05-31-2006, 10:43 AM
salaam

yup yup Queens is heavy,

also westminister uni, mashallah they are heavy :D

its got a heavy islamic soceity, wit prayer rooms in each campus & its like 5 mins away from regents park mosque!! :D

and if u wana bunk & do sum shoppin, wot better place then oxford st :p

Silver Pearl
05-31-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

Some websites of the Isocs of these unis, inshallah they will be of use to you.

http://www.uclisoc.com/ - UCL Islamic Society
http://www.umsu.manchester.ac.uk/muisoc/ Uni of Manchester

Couldn't find anything about KCL and Queen mary
Jizakallah khair brother and all of those who helped.

UCL's one seems more active, although it surprises me that there is a sister's corner but not one for brothers...hmm.

the Manchester one seems bland and i don't think i'm willing to pick up their accent.

Yeah i've heard Queen is good as well....and Imperial....

:wasalamex

Bittersteel
05-31-2006, 04:20 PM
my cousin graduated from KCL Uni ,he says its good.requirements are okay too,mostly B grades.

afriend2
06-01-2006, 01:06 PM
salaam,

^^^ i thought it was 2 A's and 1 B....

or maybe its the other way round...

Allahu Alam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.