PDA

View Full Version : A few things that really bother me about some ppl on this forum



Daffodil
05-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Asalamulaikum.

I wanted to just put this out to every one because i dont like to name names and embarass people, also this is a reminder for my self. Also the ppl who do this the most know who they are.

Talking like your a "gangster"
for all the ali g's out there, firstly there is no such thing as a muslim gangster because being a gangster would mean you rob/steal/cheat/fight/kill/commit crime etc etc.

therefore your nothing but a "plastic gangster" please for the love of god stop talking like your from queensbridge or the projects or have 50 cent as one of ur contacts. the ppl who talk like this aint even black, so why are u trying to talk like as if you are?? please talk in normal english so that we can all understand. a few examples of this type of language...

"u get mehhh"

"gwaan bredrin/breda"

"keep it real" (let me remind u that biggin up some one of the oposite gender can giv the wrong msg)

"yan stand"

and theres lots lots more.

slang/txt talk
nt evry1 cn undastan txt tlk plz do nt tlk like dis it iz rilli annoying doze dat do need a dictionary or nd to spit dat chilli out der moufss u gets mehh!! grrrrr

one word answers
these ppl never have anything interesting to say but always post random little things like, "lol" or "yep" or "no" or other irrelavant boring stuff, its their sigs n avatars that always seem to flood my screen because of their endless free posting of one word answers. do us a favour and say something interesting or nothing at all.

hijiacking threads
when someone starts a topic on lets say "jihad" its a thread regarding jihad not an oportunity for u to discuss how u did at school/collage that day or to have a giggle with the oposite gender, can you please keep your posts relavant to the topic at hand, if you want to have a conversation then ring up ur mates or something, remember this is an islamic forum not msn chat.

im going to have a nice meal with my husband now so dnt have time to write any more but im sure ill be back to add a few more things.

Asalamulaikum.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
...Always look on the bright side...of life...:rollseyes
Reply

Muhammad
05-31-2006, 05:52 PM
:sl:

Jazakallahu Khayr for your input; I agree with much that was said. Note that these problems are not with the forum, but some members - who will Insha'Allaah improve soon and adapt to what is better.

:w:
Reply

Mawaddah
05-31-2006, 05:54 PM
I agree with you sister!! Especially with the 'gangsta' type of talk. Extremely irritating. But I see some members who used to talk like this beginning to stop, so Insha'allah with time :)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Daffodil
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Muhammad
:sl:

Jazakallahu Khayr for your input; I agree with much that was said. Note that these problems are not with the forum, but some members - who will Insha'Allaah improve soon and adapt to what is better.

:w:
your right, and i have changed the title
Reply

chacha_jalebi
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
me agrees wit ya, but the thing about bein black lol, not all black people talk slang & just cause ya talk in a certain way, dont make you a certain race :)

:) jazakhallah
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-31-2006, 05:59 PM
^^me agreees

nice post tho sis u talkin sense gal
Reply

Daffodil
05-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
me agrees wit ya, but the thing about bein black lol, not all black people talk slang & just cause ya talk in a certain way, dont make you a certain race :)

:) jazakhallah

it comes from the "hip hop" culture which is predominantly black. there is no need to adopt their way of talking.
Reply

Umar001
05-31-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't get it, maybe some people who used to be sa called 'gangstahs' who robbed stole and done other stuff and grew up around such enviroments can't help but talk as if they are still 'gangstas' doesnt matter whether they are black or not, how typical! A person brought up in a way will act in a way whether they african european asian and so on.

I personally have seen alot of people who are not gangstas or have broken laws but because of the inviroment they have been brought up in speak in such manner 'you get meh' 'wasup' and so on, that just seems very insensitive.

I agree freeposters suck, and we should remember that this is a forum and not a chat place.
I myself have been guilty of posting as if this is a chat place but some threads are not just hardcore information places, they are opinions which devolp with other people's opinion, but I have and will keep sticking to the comperative religion area cos thats where I dont talk in that manner.

Anyhow, I apologise if I have annoyed you personally by 'hyjacking' threads or any of the like.

I agree that the people using txt language should be considerate to others.
And at the same time the people using big words should be too.

I just fail to see how someone should be penelised for speaking in a way that they have been used to because whatever circumstance 'area they live in' 'influences they have had' because they don't act like the stereotype that speaks like that.


Peace sorry if I have misunderstood anything.

hope you have a good meal, and cant wait for the baby. May Allah make it easy for ya.

Salam Aleykum
Reply

Daffodil
05-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I don't get it, maybe some people who used to be sa called 'gangstahs' who robbed stole and done other stuff and grew up around such enviroments can't help but talk as if they are still 'gangstas' doesnt matter whether they are black or not, how typical! A person brought up in a way will act in a way whether they african european asian and so on.

I personally have seen alot of people who are not gangstas or have broken laws but because of the inviroment they have been brought up in speak in such manner 'you get meh' 'wasup' and so on, that just seems very insensitive.

I agree freeposters suck, and we should remember that this is a forum and not a chat place.
I myself have been guilty of posting as if this is a chat place but some threads are not just hardcore information places, they are opinions which devolp with other people's opinion, but I have and will keep sticking to the comperative religion area cos thats where I dont talk in that manner.

Anyhow, I apologise if I have annoyed you personally by 'hyjacking' threads or any of the like.

I agree that the people using txt language should be considerate to others.
And at the same time the people using big words should be too.

I just fail to see how someone should be penelised for speaking in a way that they have been used to because whatever circumstance 'area they live in' 'influences they have had' because they don't act like the stereotype that speaks like that.


Peace sorry if I have misunderstood anything.

hope you have a good meal, and cant wait for the baby. May Allah make it easy for ya.

Salam Aleykum
Walaikum Salaam

I totaly disagree with you brother.

When these people go for job interviews is this how they talk? I think not.

If they have a professional job is this how they talk to their customers? I think not.

Brother I myself have been through that "hip hop phase" and if I had spoke in the manner i spoke with my friends to my hsbc business customer id have got fired. When your around ppl who speak like that its easy to go with the flow n it rubs off on you too, however u can take that accent off just as quickly as u put it on.

That "plastic g" type of lingo is fake and people put it on. I know as ive been on both sides.

If people really wanted to stop talking like that they would do, especialy when on an islamic forum we shoud make that concious effort like you would do at a job interview or talking to a customer.

I find it very difficult to take ppl seriously when they talk like jokers, just as an interviewer would with a potential employee when theyre talkin like theyre singin along to some 50 cent track or speaking like....." yea i worked for dis guy innit, it woz hevi, i got paid pittence u gets meh but it woz a rite doss" I mean come off it, SORT IT OUT.
Reply

Halima
05-31-2006, 06:30 PM
:sl:

The sister explained it perfectly masha'Allah.

The way you conduct yourself on the forum can be apart of a bad habit that not only can be destructive to some other people, however, it can offend them.

The message that you send out to others is basically your first impression. So if you talk like your in the projects or the 'ghettos' then people will eventually start to think that you really are not productive.

To put it in simple words, leave your slang at home or just cut it.This not is not only a request from us, but from other people around you.

Jazakhallah Khair.

:w:
Reply

Looking4Peace
05-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum.

I wanted to just put this out to every one because i dont like to name names and embarass people, also this is a reminder for my self. Also the ppl who do this the most know who they are.

Talking like your a "gangster"
for all the ali g's out there, firstly there is no such thing as a muslim gangster because being a gangster would mean you rob/steal/cheat/fight/kill/commit crime etc etc.

therefore your nothing but a "plastic gangster" please for the love of god stop talking like your from queensbridge or the projects or have 50 cent as one of ur contacts. the ppl who talk like this aint even black, so why are u trying to talk like as if you are?? please talk in normal english so that we can all understand. a few examples of this type of language...

"u get mehhh"

"gwaan bredrin/breda"

"keep it real" (let me remind u that biggin up some one of the oposite gender can giv the wrong msg)

"yan stand"

and theres lots lots more.

slang/txt talk
nt evry1 cn undastan txt tlk plz do nt tlk like dis it iz rilli annoying doze dat do need a dictionary or nd to spit dat chilli out der moufss u gets mehh!! grrrrr

one word answers
these ppl never have anything interesting to say but always post random little things like, "lol" or "yep" or "no" or other irrelavant boring stuff, its their sigs n avatars that always seem to flood my screen because of their endless free posting of one word answers. do us a favour and say something interesting or nothing at all.

hijiacking threads
when someone starts a topic on lets say "jihad" its a thread regarding jihad not an oportunity for u to discuss how u did at school/collage that day or to have a giggle with the oposite gender, can you please keep your posts relavant to the topic at hand, if you want to have a conversation then ring up ur mates or something, remember this is an islamic forum not msn chat.

im going to have a nice meal with my husband now so dnt have time to write any more but im sure ill be back to add a few more things.

Asalamulaikum.


hahaha this is so true, ali g, thats great, maybe its actually him.
Reply

Umar001
05-31-2006, 06:34 PM
I see your point and I agree to some extent some people can put it off, personally I kinda can some of the time. (as I beautifull demostrate right now lol)

Nah seriously speaking, theres people that speak like that and find it hard not to, I do not see how it is offensive to people, it could be easily said that others shouldn't speak in a professional way because some of us aint that learned, some people speak in that manner cos it is relaxing maybe, maybe the come here and speak with fellow muslims with similar backgrounds who can understand them instead of speaking with non-muslim or muslims who will lead them to sin, I think it's a blessing to have even one person who comes from a not so good place come here online in an 'islamic' envioroment instead of them being outside doing sin, and if they feel comfortable speaking the way they speak and it aint sin then I dont see the big problem.

Maybe we just need to put up with stuff that we don't like about others for the sake of brother and sister hood.

It's petty language we don't know what people been through instead of saying someone's fake and they acting in this type of manner to look cool wel l that realy inst necesary.

The beautiful mix of cultures is a gem in Islam and in this Forum, Wallahi I havent seen a forum like this where the most serious talk happens in such a formal manner and the less serious talk happens in not such a formal manner.
It's beautiful, the combination of cultures.

but thats just me, alot of things happen which might be annoying in sharing space with others we have to tolerate some, specially if it isn't effecting the deen.
Reply

Ghazi
05-31-2006, 06:37 PM
:sl:

whats wrong with the way people talk, aslong as they aint sinning then no problem
Reply

SirZubair
05-31-2006, 06:43 PM
THE ONLINE SLANG DICTIONARY
Reply

SirZubair
05-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
My sig says it well, regarding "texties". :)
^ this sister is always onto it .. :) :happy:
Reply

Daffodil
05-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
I see your point and I agree to some extent some people can put it off, personally I kinda can some of the time. (as I beautifull demostrate right now lol)

Nah seriously speaking, theres people that speak like that and find it hard not to, I do not see how it is offensive to people, it could be easily said that others shouldn't speak in a professional way because some of us aint that learned, some people speak in that manner cos it is relaxing maybe, maybe the come here and speak with fellow muslims with similar backgrounds who can understand them instead of speaking with non-muslim or muslims who will lead them to sin, I think it's a blessing to have even one person who comes from a not so good place come here online in an 'islamic' envioroment instead of them being outside doing sin, and if they feel comfortable speaking the way they speak and it aint sin then I dont see the big problem.

Maybe we just need to put up with stuff that we don't like about others for the sake of brother and sister hood.

It's petty language we don't know what people been through instead of saying someone's fake and they acting in this type of manner to look cool wel l that realy inst necesary.

The beautiful mix of cultures is a gem in Islam and in this Forum, Wallahi I havent seen a forum like this where the most serious talk happens in such a formal manner and the less serious talk happens in not such a formal manner.
It's beautiful, the combination of cultures.

but thats just me, alot of things happen which might be annoying in sharing space with others we have to tolerate some, specially if it isn't effecting the deen.
Its mainly the practicing brothers and sisters from this site that speak like this, Its not difficult to type correctly.

All this shows is that their attitude is lax and that they need to be more concious about the way they are putting themselves across.

Theyre being too relaxed and what happens when people relax? its much easier for them to joke around with ppl, its ok in the gender only sections but when you u have members of the oposite sex you should talk in a professional way, im not saying use big vocab n talk like ur a bank manager, Im simply saying that they need to be more aware of what theyre typing, because when theyre freely typing away without any concious effort to come across as respectful and decent theyre attitude flops and then they talk like this is a doss house and have a laugh and a giggle.

If they paid more attention with what they were typing and engaged their brains before they spoke, they would sound fresher, cleaner, more humble, more respectful and perhaps people would take them seriously.

Its like those idiots who go to jumah prayers dressed in their most expensive chavved out gear, silver chain, earing, cap, walk with a limp, have their trousers on low so that their boxer shorts are visible a mile away n walk in like they own the place n try to intimidate others and think theyre better then other brothers who are humble out of love for the prophet saw.

How can the brothers then take them seriously when they look pathetic in their eyes? To me its just the same as on a forum, we're all muslim, no ones better then any one else except in piety, so why post with this big stinking attitude thinking ur some g cuz u talk like dis u get me blood/bredrin.

All Im saying is that can these ppl inform their brains before their fingers start wizzing away at the keyboard and be more respectful and alert n be aware, other wise theyll start wondering why people dont take them seriously.

Asalamulaikum.
Reply

Umar001
05-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by SirZubair
^ this sister is always onto it .. :) :happy:

Thats a brother. Isnt it?

EDIT THAT DICTIONARY THING IS HILLARIOUS "afro n 1. a large, almost spherical hair style generally attributed to people of African descent. Often abbreviated "fro". 2. any large hair style. ("Check out that guy's afro.") Submitted by Brittani Pena, Houston, TX, USA, 20-03-1998. " LOl
Reply

SirZubair
05-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Thats a brother. Isnt it?
..Sorry,inside joke.. ;D
Reply

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum.
WalaykumAsalaam

I wanted to just put this out to every one because i dont like to name names and embarass people, also this is a reminder for my self. Also the ppl who do this the most know who they are.
Yes indeedo, everyone entitled to their opnion InshAllah

Talking like your a "gangster"
for all the ali g's out there, firstly there is no such thing as a muslim gangster because being a gangster would mean you rob/steal/cheat/fight/kill/commit crime etc etc.
I dun get this :? Just cause yo tlk lyk dis ow it meen ya a gansgta? ya cnt b mucha gangsta if ya tinkn ya reppn' a islamic syt eh NOTE TO MASLF N OVAS!

therefore your nothing but a "plastic gangster" please for the love of god stop talking like your from queensbridge or the projects or have 50 cent as one of ur contacts. the ppl who talk like this aint even black, so why are u trying to talk like as if you are?? please talk in normal english so that we can all understand. a few examples of this type of language...
Cause i was bought up in a atmosphere like i was :( :'( Aint ma fult, blame the people around me :rollseyes ...One does not have to be of black origin to converse and communicate in such a manner

"u get mehhh"
Yup me homie i gets ya

"gwaan bredrin/breda"
I aint personally heard the use of 'bredrin' and 'breda' is a term I think i only use with anuva akhi that likes to adopt ma style...:happy: But i gets ya sistaaaaaaaa
"keep it real" (let me remind u that biggin up some one of the oposite gender can giv the wrong msg)
Lol, this just a common slang term of saying 'Peace & stay blessed'?? :rollseyes
"yan stand"
Hey check you, new lingo...needs to be jotted down straight away...

and theres lots lots more.
Yup, I know :)

slang/txt talk
nt evry1 cn undastan txt tlk plz do nt tlk like dis it iz rilli annoying doze dat do need a dictionary or nd to spit dat chilli out der moufss u gets mehh!! grrrrr
I am sure once again everyone can comprehend sentences just fine inshAllah, I have cut down Alhamdiullah but erm it all depends on the target audience in which thread your posting right?

one word answers
these ppl never have anything interesting to say but always post random little things like, "lol" or "yep" or "no" or other irrelavant boring stuff, its their sigs n avatars that always seem to flood my screen because of their endless free posting of one word answers. do us a favour and say something interesting or nothing at all.
I take heed, I am a sinner and so are we all...InshAllah i urge my fellow comrads to take heed and refrain from irrelvant idle chat as this without the rememberance of Allah makes a person have a hard heart and the one whom is furthest from Allah is the person who has a hard heart

hijiacking threads
when someone starts a topic on lets say "jihad" its a thread regarding jihad not an oportunity for u to discuss how u did at school/collage that day or to have a giggle with the oposite gender, can you please keep your posts relavant to the topic at hand, if you want to have a conversation then ring up ur mates or something, remember this is an islamic forum not msn chat.
Yup No more off topic posts for moi...Oh i ring my mates aswell...they just dont pick up :( Nah jokes...Must....stay...on...topic...

im going to have a nice meal with my husband now so dnt have time to write any more but im sure ill be back to add a few more things.
EEnjoy and save me some :)...Oh feel free to add anything else that spirngs to your mind

Asalamulaikum
WalaykumAsalaam
Peace and stay blessed x
Reply

Umar001
05-31-2006, 07:04 PM
See now I see a different view point to ya piont lol if that makes sense.

See now when you talk about people relaxing too much in view of the other gender thats something different to just saying that people shouldnt try be fake or something.

Well if thats the case (i.e. that through slang people become too relax thus provoking bad inter gender interaction) then I think maybe that should be put strictly, and properly reinforced as in, if someone doesnt type properly, because it may lead to people getting it on, that person should be banned or something. If it is that serious of a thing. And if those measures were taken I wouldnt debate, not that I have any power lol.


As for those 'idiots' my brothers who attend jumma, Alhamdulilah, even though they may have faults, which could range from a number of places, maybe feeling left out, insecurities and some are probably just ignorant, I hope that they keep attentding and straighten up, but you see, I personally have always had this problem, the way I type people dont see it so its ok for me online, but face to face I have had the same problems, people see me in 'unsuitable' gear, but they don't get that I am not trying to be threatenin or trying to be Tupac or something I am what I have been brought up as, and what I feel comfortable in, I hope the Muslims who feel comfortable speaking in their slang which they may have been brought up in, and dont intend to cause harm on noone, I hope they dont feel 'turned' away as such.

If the truth is that speaking in a slangish manner which is natural for some does provoke conversation which may be bad then I say if the forum feels that way Ban it totally, but ban it properly, if someone does it ban 'em.

But if it's just because it get's on people's nerves then I plead that we be a little more tolerant towards each other.

Salam Aleykum sis
Reply

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 07:09 PM
All this shows is that their attitude is lax and that they need to be more concious about the way they are putting themselves across.
Yeh we all do, just cause one abbreviates speach but is sincere and genuine in his/her posts does that apply for them aswell?

Theyre being too relaxed and what happens when people relax? its much easier for them to joke around with ppl, its ok in the gender only sections but when you u have members of the oposite sex you should talk in a professional way, im not saying use big vocab n talk like ur a bank manager, Im simply saying that they need to be more aware of what theyre typing, because when theyre freely typing away without any concious effort to come across as respectful and decent theyre attitude flops and then they talk like this is a doss house and have a laugh and a giggle.
Yes and it causes fitnah, Tobah...InshAllah we have learnt from this mucho beneficial post..JazakAllah Khair

If they paid more attention with what they were typing and engaged their brains before they spoke, they would sound fresher, cleaner, more humble, more respectful and perhaps people would take them seriously.
I take people seirously regardless of their manner of commnicating, at the end of the day...why base my verdict about them when only reading a post written in slang? who am i? :X

Its like those idiots who go to jumah prayers dressed in their most expensive chavved out gear, silver chain, earing, cap, walk with a limp, have their trousers on low so that their boxer shorts are visible a mile away n walk in like they own the place n try to intimidate others and think theyre better then other brothers who are humble out of love for the prophet saw.
CHAVS written all over them Pshhh at 'em...Allah guide them to whats right

How can the brothers then take them seriously when they look pathetic in their eyes? To me its just the same as on a forum, we're all muslim, no ones better then any one else except in piety, so why post with this big stinking attitude thinking ur some g cuz u talk like dis u get me blood/bredrin.
Again its like saying to a Paki drop your accent and speak like I do cause your note better than me you Paki? lol...Its just a manner of communicating get me bwedrin? :rollseyes

All Im saying is that can these ppl inform their brains before their fingers start wizzing away at the keyboard and be more respectful and alert n be aware, other wise theyll start wondering why people dont take them seriously.
InshAlllah, I have :) and I urge fellow companions of this kingdom to take heed...for the benefit of users including yourself and to save yourself from the hassle just give it up!
Reply

Z
05-31-2006, 07:25 PM
daffodil, i hate to say this, but this has been done over a few times. i've tried myself, i know dude laterus (however he spells his name) has tried, and i believe hasib (who doesn't want to come back here now) has also tried.

the point it, this board is for a chillout. it's swamped with kids who can't fit in anywhere else, or want to show their 'cool'/g side because it can't be shown on any other message boards or outdoors on the streets - whichever the case.

dig into the archives, you'll see the endless banter about it all. you'll be better off leaving the matter and ignoring it. the mods don't seem to be wanting to do anything about it either, and i guess everyone else is either pretty content with it or has learnt to ignore it.

kudos for trying though.
Reply

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Z
daffodil, i hate to say this, but this has been done over a few times. i've tried myself, i know dude laterus (however he spells his name) has tried, and i believe hasib (who doesn't want to come back here now) has also tried.
Respect for them then eh?

the point it, this board is for a chillout. it's swamped with kids who can't fit in anywhere else, or want to show their 'cool'/g side because it can't be shown on any other message boards or outdoors on the streets - whichever the case.
Your right, yes it is 'swamped with kids'...but are you to ignorant to realise that these 'kids' wish to gain dawah? Why do you think these 'kids' have joined this site???..
You judge all us 'kids' by the manner of how we converse?? :? Sorry i dont quite get that...
I dont want to be a G and I aint a 'G' i leave that to the Paki breda's cotchin' on street corners taking spliff thinking they rude...

dig into the archives, you'll see the endless banter about it all. you'll be better off leaving the matter and ignoring it. the mods don't seem to be wanting to do anything about it either, and i guess everyone else is either pretty content with it or has learnt to ignore it.
You know what...allow you, you judge us all bout the manner in which we interact in..wow Chears!

kudos for trying though.
Yeh i'll big her up to ma local homies geme bredwin?
Reply

Umar001
05-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Z
daffodil, i hate to say this, but this has been done over a few times. i've tried myself, i know dude laterus (however he spells his name) has tried, and i believe hasib (who doesn't want to come back here now) has also tried.

the point it, this board is for a chillout. it's swamped with kids who can't fit in anywhere else, or want to show their 'cool'/g side because it can't be shown on any other message boards or outdoors on the streets - whichever the case.

dig into the archives, you'll see the endless banter about it all. you'll be better off leaving the matter and ignoring it. the mods don't seem to be wanting to do anything about it either, and i guess everyone else is either pretty content with it or has learnt to ignore it.

kudos for trying though.

Whao man I never knew it was this deep rooted, I never knew people could get so fastruated about such minor things.

I mean I can understand people maybe getting annoyed at others but not to the point that they will leave a board. but Alhamdulilah I mean whats best to keep us from getting angry at our fellow bros and sis.

Well I hope those that can and dont mind speaking 'normal' 'non-black' 'non-50cent' please refrain because it annoys others. InshAllah.

Sorry to hear that people have left over this and I hope you stick around Z, and if I ever annoy ya just tell me and I will try my best not to.


Salam ALeykum


EDIT: MAZ PLEASE DONT SAY BREDWIN ITS TERRIBLE LOL I HAD A FRiEND SAYING IT IT WAS TERRIBLE PLEASE! :p And I dont think the people mean to get ya mad its just something that happens.
Reply

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
geez was rong wiv slang...i int no gangstress but ima ryt howeva ah like...

wats hapnin 2 da ummah?

'tis tym 2 pick on da ppl hu dnt use standard english tym agen'

get a life...N STOP FINDIN FAULTS IN OVA PPL

AM SHO DER R MANY FINGS DAT U CNT GET RYT DAH OVAS CAN

n dis issue is rather small...dnt ya fink?

thnx :)
Reply

Z
05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
see what comes with the way of speaking, is the attitude, the way of thought. look at the figures, they speak for themsevles.
Reply

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Theyre being too relaxed and what happens when people relax? its much easier for them to joke around with ppl, its ok in the gender only sections but when you u have members of the oposite sex you should talk in a professional way, im not saying use big vocab n talk like ur a bank manager, Im simply saying that they need to be more aware of what theyre typing, because when theyre freely typing away without any concious effort to come across as respectful and decent theyre attitude flops and then they talk like this is a doss house and have a laugh and a giggle.

some people are.....not evryone

yeah bro Isa i'd like to leave it...but da ting is standard english get on ma nerves...so r dey prepared 2 leave it...? c if y'all go wiv dat rule...no one will b talkin...so foget it
Reply

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Stop publicising people's sins...get a life and go sit back in your office if you take it to heart :) Thanks Peace out x
Reply

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
wah office...dis person dnt deserve no office jeez...no wayyy am i takin dis noooo way!!!!!!!! *waits fo apologies* (jke)

^^^Fitna lol too much joking around :O
Reply

Umar001
05-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Z
see what comes with the way of speaking, is the attitude, the way of thought. look at the figures, they speak for themsevles.

See, I am sorry to see this type of statement, there are rude people that speak in every manner.

I speak in what may be considered a slang way but I have not been disrispectful to people in here. Not directly and if I have indirectly I apologise.
Reply

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
slang isn't disrespectful..tis jus different i guess...

if ur disrespectful...den ur disrespectful...its got nuffin 2 do wiv da slang ya use

duh!

Any normal person wud kno dah
Reply

glo
05-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Daffodil
one word answers
these ppl never have anything interesting to say but always post random little things like, "lol" or "yep" or "no" or other irrelavant boring stuff, its their sigs n avatars that always seem to flood my screen because of their endless free posting of one word answers. do us a favour and say something interesting or nothing at all.
Yep! lol

(Only kidding ... I do agree with you!) :thankyou:

Hope you enjoyed your meal with your husband! :)

Blessings.
Reply

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Daffodil
one word answers
these ppl never have anything interesting to say but always post random little things like, "lol" or "yep" or "no" or other irrelavant boring stuff, its their sigs n avatars that always seem to flood my screen because of their endless free posting of one word answers. do us a favour and say something interesting or nothing at all.


Do her a favour evawan n get rid of ur signatures n ur avatars Ta
Reply

Umar001
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Argh, although I agree that people should not be seen offensive just because of the way that they talk, I also agree that alot of people that talk slangish tend to be offensive, NOT READ ME CAREFULLY THIS DOEs NOT MEAN THAT ALL OF uS ARE BUT UNFOURTUNETLY SOME PEOPLE ASSOCiATE THAT QUICKLY AND THATS HOW IT IS.

But lets just leave the little comments 'Do her a favour evawan n get rid of ur signatures n ur avatars Ta'

Yall is sisters, so please just dont get mad jus compramise abit of urselfs for each other.

Thanks

Sorry

Salam Aleykum
Reply

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Well Z just unique, likes to go in all guns firing and blazing and shouting and beefn harsh remarks..Peace x
Reply

Daffodil
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Cause i was bought up in a atmosphere like i was Aint ma fult, blame the people around me ...One does not have to be of black origin to converse and communicate in such a manner
Asalamulaikum

Its the plastic g's that speak like that, remember that we must keep company of those who are good muslims. And also remember that we will be raised on the day of judgment with those people who we imitate and the company we keep.

Lol, this just a common slang term of saying 'Peace & stay blessed'??
The prophet saw told us to say give salam as a greeting and when leaving. Isnt the sunnah sufficient for us that we have to adopt the kuffar way? Remember "Asalamulaikum" is the greeting of paradise.

I take people seirously regardless of their manner of commnicating, at the end of the day...why base my verdict about them when only reading a post written in slang? who am i?
If people are too lazy to speak properly and use terms that we can all understand then Im sorry but your post gets dismissed as from looking at the typing it seems like the person doesnt have anything worthwhile or interesting to say.

Again its like saying to a Paki drop your accent and speak like I do cause your note better than me you Paki? lol...Its just a manner of communicating get me bwedrin?
That is to do with accents and nothing to do with how ppl speak.

the point it, this board is for a chillout. it's swamped with kids who can't fit in anywhere else, or want to show their 'cool'/g side because it can't be shown on any other message boards or outdoors on the streets - whichever the case.
Yep that has become more and more aparant to me after being here for a few months now.

geez was rong wiv slang...i int no gangstress but ima ryt howeva ah like...

wats hapnin 2 da ummah?

'tis tym 2 pick on da ppl hu dnt use standard english tym agen'

get a life...N STOP FINDIN FAULTS IN OVA PPL

AM SHO DER R MANY FINGS DAT U CNT GET RYT DAH OVAS CAN

n dis issue is rather small...dnt ya fink?

thnx
Im sorry lil sis but I didnt even read that as I dont understand a word.

see what comes with the way of speaking, is the attitude, the way of thought. look at the figures, they speak for themsevles.
Yep defo, ppl start giving off bad vibes with the attitude in which they speak n what they say, I tend to blank those posts as like I sed if theyre too lazy to talk properly Im too busy to bother reading the post.
Reply

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Im sorry lil sis but I didnt even read that as I dont understand a word.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE ME SAD...CAN YOU READ THIS...

jeez tlk bout bein .........
Reply

Daffodil
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Im sorry lil sis but I didnt even read that as I dont understand a word.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE ME SAD...CAN YOU READ THIS...

jeez tlk bout bein spastic
May Allah swt guide u. Ameen
Reply

Umar001
05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
I think we all need guidance to some extent.

May Allah guide us All Ameeeeeeeeeeen. Gangsters or Not lol
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Asalamulaikum :sl:

right.. we all joined the forum 4 some or other reason yeh.. i joined because i wanted to learn more about my religion and to communicate n get to know my other sisters etc. i didnt join to be ordered to, or to be told of by some person i dont even know.. no offence to anyone but most of you if not all of you dont know me personally and maybe some other members so who gave u the right to give rules like no short text lingo n that.. who can be bothered to type out full sentences? thats only if u have time and youre bored rite? (i know im typing full, but thats because people are going to have a go at me.)

i agree with the whole one word answer thing, thats stupid and you shouldnt bother saying yup, lol, ok etc (i did it once today i think) and i think we need to chill on that.

im sorry but gangsta language? huh :? like sis maz said, some people were brought up in a area where they used alot of slang yeah, and no1s going to change themselves jus for you.. is that fair enough. and the "gangster :uhwhat " lingo thats used is like u get me, thats easily understood by the majority of people isnt it? come on, it dont take a genious to figure what that means..

hijacking messages.. i been doing that alot lately and im sorry.. i know i should kinda calm down a little.. i agree with you we shoudnt do this blah blah..

but one thing i dont like is people, other than Allah and my parents, telling me what to do.. i understand if you know who i am but nearly all of the members dont know me so they cant tell me what 2 do.. im quite close with a few sisters on this forum but i dont know them personally so i wouldnt like if they were telling me what 2 do..

and can i just add, its not a sin, its not against Islam talking in slang language is it? if people dont understand what im talking about then dont bother paying attention to me..

im sorry if i offended any1.. i really am but im just saying my point of view and thats allowed rite?

anyways.. wasallam :w:
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum

Its the plastic g's that speak like that, remember that we must keep company of those who are good muslims. And also remember that we will be raised on the day of judgment with those people who we imitate and the company we keep.



The prophet saw told us to say give salam as a greeting and when leaving. Isnt the sunnah sufficient for us that we have to adopt the kuffar way? Remember "Asalamulaikum" is the greeting of paradise.



If people are too lazy to speak properly and use terms that we can all understand then Im sorry but your post gets dismissed as from looking at the typing it seems like the person doesnt have anything worthwhile or interesting to say.



That is to do with accents and nothing to do with how ppl speak.



Yep that has become more and more aparant to me after being here for a few months now.



Im sorry lil sis but I didnt even read that as I dont understand a word.



Yep defo, ppl start giving off bad vibes with the attitude in which they speak n what they say, I tend to blank those posts as like I sed if theyre too lazy to talk properly Im too busy to bother reading the post.

im sorry but no-ones as perfect as u think u r :)
Reply

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Its the plastic g's that speak like that, remember that we must keep company of those who are good muslims. And also remember that we will be raised on the day of judgment with those people who we imitate and the company we keep.
You know what I still dont understand that how you can say that just cause one speaks in such a manne its hangin with the wrong crowd...Some of my mates are all white non-Muslims...they dont speak like that no no no I get it of people my age..Paki and funnily enough they are somewhat practicicing


The prophet saw told us to say give salam as a greeting and when leaving. Isnt the sunnah sufficient for us that we have to adopt the kuffar way? Remember "Asalamulaikum" is the greeting of paradise.
Yes my greetin is 'salaamz cuzin' or likewise but again it all depends on who your addressing

If people are too lazy to speak properly and use terms that we can all understand then Im sorry but your post gets dismissed as from looking at the typing it seems like the person doesnt have anything worthwhile or interesting to say.
Fair enough, your own oppnion, wont judge you for it...

That is to do with accents and nothing to do with how ppl speak.
Well yeh it is, cause its a way of talking...My point being just live with it and stop with the harsh criticisms



Yep that has become more and more aparant to me after being here for a few months now.
Fair enough

Im sorry lil sis but I didnt even read that as I dont understand a word.
Move on to the nex then ukhty, fine by me...

Yep defo, ppl start giving off bad vibes with the attitude in which they speak n what they say, I tend to blank those posts as like I sed if theyre too lazy to talk properly Im too busy to bother reading the post.
Fair enough...TUT TUT

WARNING: THOSE WHO CHAT IN SLANG DONT TALK AT ALL CAUSE THE FELLOW COMRADS DONT AGREE WITH YOUR SPEACH:rollseyes :X
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
innit.. if people in this forum think we "plastic gangstresses" or wateva dey wana call uz.. den fair enuf.. i wnt come bak on2 dis forum :?
Reply

Muezzin
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Ah, slang and text speak. The reason I make fun of it and discourage it is not because I don't understand it (I do understand it and use it to comic effect ocassionally), but because others might not understand it, and for the sake of clarity it's probably better if everyone types in the plain form of English.

I'd say the Queen's English, but then our Ozzy members might get angry and call me a pom. Maybe.
Reply

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
You know what fair enough JazakAllah Ill keep my 'plastic G' to myself! ya'll keep hating...you might one day inshAllah start to appreciate that the younger generation have an interest on coming to the Islamic forum...Peace be wit ya'llx
Reply

Muezzin
05-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
P.S. Zubair, you little joker... expect that ban any time soon :p
Not on my watch. That site was hilarious!
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-31-2006, 08:41 PM
im wiv u sis.. since we get called plastics g'z n dat, let it be.. im not even gona bother saying anything, if u all fink ur so perfect yeh, im sorry i aint perfect.. the people older than us should be proud of the younger generation.. atleast were making an effort and trying to learn more about our religion.. but i guess none of you'z understand that..

if we wanted 2 b g'z we wont come on an islamic forum and act lyk "gangstaz".. dtz disrespectful.. calling urself a muslim gangsta is disrespectful.. islam dont allow gangstaz.. i actuali feel sorry 4 da people who fink dat, atleast we'r tryna 2 make an effort bt u dnt appriciate dt soo fair nuff.. laterz.
Reply

firdaw
05-31-2006, 08:48 PM
true i agree with you. I hate people who try to act like gangsters and they think that makes them cool.
Reply

Daffodil
05-31-2006, 09:12 PM
im sorry but no-ones as perfect as u think u r
I will ignore that childish comment.

You know what fair enough JazakAllah Ill keep my 'plastic G' to myself! ya'll keep hating...you might one day inshAllah start to appreciate that the younger generation have an interest on coming to the Islamic forum...Peace be wit ya'llx
I await for the day when the youth respect their elders.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. If you want to speak stupid then do it in the Halal fun section. In all other sections, where somewhat intelligent thoughts are being communicated, it should be taken for granted that no loser lingo should be used. In the end you do a diservice to yourselves and ultimately even Islam, seeing as this is an Islamic forum and anyone genuinely interested might get put off by this attitude.
Ditto!

the people older than us should be proud of the younger generation.. atleast were making an effort and trying to learn more about our religion.. but i guess none of you'z understand that..
Are you trying to impress others or ur creator? lil sis, remember to keep ur intentions pure and to only ever do anything for the sake and for the pleasure of Allah swt.

Your talking about youth this n that, Im only 20 myself so dont try and justify petty behaviour.

This thread wasnt aimed to cause offence, I apoligise if it did do, please forgive me. It was just a thread for me to let loose on some of the things that frustrate me on this forum.

Asalamulaikum
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-31-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah, that comment maybe childish but can i remind you that i am still a child.. well i think i am anyway..

i respect my elders.. i dunno about other people but i do..

i aint trying to impress others, why would i do that? would it help me later on? i just want to keep good and pure in this world as whatever good i do in this life will benefit me in the next..

well im sorry that im quite "imature".. but sorry i cant change myself for u.. :X

im not offended i just think that youre trying to put hundredz of rules over us and most of us dont like being told what 2 do.. :?
Reply

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 09:26 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Originally Posted by Daffodil
May Allah swt guide u. Ameen
jazakhala khair sis...

And i pray that Allah (Swt) guides you far more than that...seeing as you are a very lost child...in your own little PERFECT world...being your PERFECT self with no FAULTS what so ever...thinking that you are doing a very GOOD job...finding faults in others....oh not only that...but you work extra hard in displaying these faults also...

I pray that for every fault you find, Allah (swt) takes you a step closer to heaven...that way you will never miss it...inshaAllah

I hope you understood that sis...i tried my best not to use text

Sorry about the spastic part...in my other post..i will edit that...i was becoming very upset and offended

WalaykumSalaam.
Reply

Muezzin
05-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Mmm, members do understand this sarcasm can only go so far before it ends up breaking rules. So after that little tit-for-tat, let's just all discuss this matter like civil human beings, non?
Reply

Daffodil
05-31-2006, 09:30 PM
i aint trying to impress others, why would i do that? would it help me later on? i just want to keep good and pure in this world as whatever good i do in this life will benefit me in the next..
one thing that u can do to keep "gud and pure" is refrain from showing agression and saying harsh things to ur brothers and sisters such as "no ones perfect like u think u are"

well im sorry that im quite "imature".. but sorry i cant change myself for u..
im not asking u to change ur self for me, but show a little adhab/resepect for the sake of ur deen.

im not offended i just think that youre trying to put hundredz of rules over us and most of us dont like being told what 2 do..
I wasnt "putting rules" over u, I was just adressing the issue.

Sis, when we are a little annoyed with some one or something we shud count to 10 and pray Auzoo billah because the shaitaan takes over our minds and causes us to be in a state of temporary madness, n this causes us to say hurtful things n let loose our tongues and our minds become clouded. There fore if some one ses something on this forum that offends you dont just blurt out comments, think about how the person would feel if they read your comment n how wud u feel if some one spoke like that to u.

When u use love and kindness in the way u speak u will find that ppl warm to u and listen to what u are saying. When u speak harshly ppl dont remember what u sed but they remember u being harsh.

Our prophet muhammed saw is the best example for exercising patience and showing love and kindess to ppl and Inshallah we can all take heed in order to be successfull in this life and the here after.

Asalamulaikum
Reply

Pk_#2
05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
haha can u re-ryt dat in txt?
Reply

x Maz x
05-31-2006, 09:33 PM
This Is Getting Pathetic...
Tasmiyah Jus Luw It Gyal...ent No Point!!!! Reali Luw Luw Luw...friggn Goin In Circles!
At De Enda De Day Ya Ent Gota Justify Yaslf 2 Dese...ders A Judge: Allah! So Fink!
Peace! X
Reply

Silver Pearl
05-31-2006, 09:35 PM
:wasalamex

I will start this thread by making a dua: Oh my lord make the Muslims firm in their deen and in their ibadah. Forgive them for the sins they have committed knowingly and unknowingly. Ya rabb, shower your mercy and compassion upon the ummah and don’t deprive us of your protection.

Ameen.

Firstly
Thank you for your concern sister Daffodil, it is very much appreciated. This isn’t a matter of slang; slang bothers no one here because essentially people understand it. The problem is txt language. There is a high percentage of youngsters here who are not used to addressing others in a more formal way, having said that, age is of little importance as I’m as old as some of the people who do reply in txt language. Nonetheless as muslims we should find excuses for our fellow muslims and not slander them.

Secondly
Those who speak in such manner could have been bought up in an environment where speaking like that is a norm. This does not suddenly make them less intelligent than us so we all need to hold our horses and hold back a little.

Thirdly
Let who ever wants to act like a gangster be, what is up with people and being at other people’s business. You think these people don’t know about their wrongs of their attitude? They are aware of it and just choose to follow such manner. Us pointing the finger will not change anything. So let me remind everyone here to be wary of what they say. Instead make dua for them….for verily that is more beneficial than ranting about their flaws.

Fourthly
Ironically this thread has grown like a bad rash, people complain yet I see absolute no reports from members willing to help with the situation (use the bad report tool). I don’t know but may be you all think the admins and mods have super human qualities and that they can filter every post made. Well I’m sorry to crush your dreams brothers and sisters….

Last but not least
Everything is progressing, it takes time for things to be put in place, it doesn’t miraculously happen over night. Nor should anyone be expecting that. In a case like this has anyone tried to make dua for their fellow brothers and sisters? As anyone stopped themselves from judging others and had sabr fee sabilillah? Has anyone tried to speak to certain individuals about the way they portray themselves?

I see no point of this thread continuing. Why?

1) It is turning into a center where members are at each others throats
2) People have forgotten how to address their fellow Muslim brothers and sisters
3) The issue has been discussed enough times and a solution is being worked on

If that is not a good enough excuse for its closure then PM me.

Jizakallah khair :)

:threadclo
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-04-2015, 05:24 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!