/* */

PDA

View Full Version : man threatned my brother

anonymous
05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
:sl:

i just need some advice on what to do.

this man who is muslim goes to the mosque. before he was practising he used to drink and do drugs and all the haram things. now mashallah hes practising. my dad and other people of the community dont really know him, just know him by him going to the masjid. wehnever my brother is in salah in the masjid he laughs quite loud and gets distracted by his friends, my mum and dad often get complaints about my bro talking in salah and they shout at him and try to make him understand etc. the other say my mum was walking down the street with my brother and my baby sister and that guy ran shouting my brothers name. my mum got a lil worried. he came upto my mum (my mums never seen this man, never chatted to him or anything) and said how my brother talks in salah and he will kill him if he does that again and he doesnt care if he goes to jail etc. my mum really got scared and my dad is really annoyed aswell. my dad doesnt want to say anything incase soemthing happens. for these past few days my mum doesnt let my bro go 2 the masjid to pray bcuz shes scared.. my brother is only 11 years old. why cudnt he explain to my brother insted of thretning him? my mum wants to call the police but isnt bcuz the man is a muslim. what can i do? i know a boy over the age of 10 should go 2 read in congrgation but my mum is really scared. please help me.

also can i add another thing. when the man said that he cud kill my brother and his mates and he doesnt care if he goes to jail, he said it in the masjid. and because of this every1 started to have a discussion and voices were raised in the mosque. i feel so ashmed that voices were bein raised and it wasnt handled properli.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
05-31-2006, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

and said how my brother talks in salah and he will kill him if he does that again and he doesnt care if he goes to jail etc. .
Now that isn't very muslim like is it!

Perhaps you and your family could address the Imam/Priest and see what he say in regard to it. If he's of no help why deprive your brother of attending the mosque. Tell him to be respectful, and refrain from laughing whilst others are doing the salah!

queen_nadia
05-31-2006, 10:10 PM
im sorry to hear that this was said by a so called mulsim and even worse to your lil bro.
disgusting!:grumbling people who act like that shouldn't be allowed in the majid if they are turning it into a battle groung. further more ou r prophet (SAW) displayed the upmost patients when it came to those who were young.
i seriously thinkk that the man has other problems and just wanted someone to take it out on.
calling the police might solve the isssue if you feel its gonna progress but talking with imam first to let him know whats going on will also help the community as a whole.
:w:

Ghazi
05-31-2006, 10:16 PM

That's just crazy inform the police and the imam of the mosque.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hafizyunus
05-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Salams.Sorry to hear of what happened.
Firstly speak to your brother and tell him to refrain from laughing whilst in the masjid.also explain to him about the masjid and the respect for the masjid.
Secondly speak to the local Imam and ask him for his opinion and help.
May Allah solve all your problems and grant us all the true understanding of our Deen.:amin:

Woodrow
05-31-2006, 10:45 PM

Threats should always be taken seriously. Especialy when made by someone who is essentialy a stranger. As was already mentioned, the man may have some other underlying problems.

Suggested routes to take:

1. Talk with the Imam
a. be specific of your concerns
b. Be certain to get his views about calling the police
c. Ask if there may be one or 2 older brothers that may be able
to sit close and protect your brother while at the Mosque

2. Talk with your brother
a. Explain to him that he must not speak during salah
b. Emphasis to him that he should not talk to that man
c. Be certain he has confidence and knows he can talk to the Imam

SirZubair
06-01-2006, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by queen_nadia
im sorry to hear that this was said by a so called mulsim and even worse to your lil bro.
The 'so called muslim' comment is uncalled for.

Regardless of what he has done/said,he is still a muslim,you and i are not in a position to question/doubt what lies in someones heart.

But still,Anon,..Like many have already said,tell the Imam.

The only thing the Imam can do is teach your brother some manners.

But as far as the Muslim brother (who lost his temper) goes,try to advise him yourself. (im assuming you are male?) (if you are female,ask an elder member of the family to do so) and if he refuses to listen,take the next step and get the police involved.

Wa'salaam.

Umar001
06-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I dont get it, your brother was talking and laughing yea?

Well if I was 11 and I had a man threaten me, I mean I'd go pray and make sure I wouldnt talk, dont you think?

Not that Im saying its right to threaten anyone, but since its happend, do you still think your brother is crazy enough to talk now?

Send your bro to the masjid and tell him not to talk, if he gets killed in salah then he's shahed right?

Salam Aleykum

Umar001
06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
get the police involved.

You allowed to do that?

SirZubair
06-01-2006, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Send your bro to the masjid and tell him not to talk, if he gets killed in salah then he's shahed right?
Allah s.w.t knows best,..but to my understanding,i dont see how a person who is talking and laughing during salaat can be a shahed if he gets killed during salaat.

You allowed to do that?
Akhi,There is no rule book saying "you are allowed this.." "you're not allowed that".

It all comes down to common sense.

If the brother/sister or the brother/sisters family cant calm this man down,if they try hard and he still refuses to be reasonable,the best thing to do would be to get the authoritys involved.

If i ever get like that,please,call the police and put me behind bars.

2 benefits will come out of it :

he will learn his lesson,will insha'allah learn to be patient.

and the brother/sisters sibling will insha'allah live a longer life and insha'allah live to be a good muslim oneday.

wa'salaam.

Mawaddah
06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
My Goodness, that's just terrible! How could someone threaten to kill a boy of that age? even though he's not supposed to be talking in salaat but still...you dont go around threatening to kill your fellow muslim brothers!!

I would suggest you not to get the police involved as yet, unless you feel sure that this man is likely to carry out his threat? But talk to your brother and tell him how much his talking in salaat is bothering and annoying people and I"m suuuuuure if your brother has much sense, he'll stop talking from now on in salaat. I mean only a dimwitted person would go on doing it even after he has been threatened in such a matter.
I suggest someone talk to the man also and reprimand him for making such a threat against your brother, because that's totally unislamic. I wonder, does this man think that he will be doing a help to Islam by threatening to kill your brother and then saying that he doesn't care if he spends the rest of his life in jail? and mind you, jail is only human punishment, what about Allah's punishment for killing another Muslim?
Sad though that they had to have an argument in the masjid like that. Rasululllah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said in a hadith " The Hour will not arise until people raise their voices in the masjids "

Umar001
06-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Allah s.w.t knows best,..but to my understanding,i dont see how a person who is talking and laughing during salaat can be a shahed if he gets killed during salaat.
Well I mean if the bro goes back to pray, we can be pretty sure he wont talk but his friend might so the other bro might kill both of them, and the bro would be praying.

Akhi,There is no rule book saying "you are allowed this.." "you're not allowed that".
See I aint saying there is but hasnt the Prophet spoke about such things? and what do the Scholars say on it. That is what I am talking about.

Not just our common sense.

SirZubair
06-01-2006, 06:01 PM
See I aint saying there is but hasnt the Prophet spoke about such things? and what do the Scholars say on it. That is what I am talking about.

Not just our common sense.
Akhi,as far as my knowledge goes,Muhammed s.a.w hasnt said anything regarding What we should do if someone in our family gets a death threat by a moody muslim brother.

And i dont think any fatwas (given by the companions of the prophet s.a.w) are available either.

And as for the scholors,they dont have the answers for everything :) If you can find a fatwa on it,please do inform me

wa'salaam

Ghazi
06-01-2006, 06:08 PM

I'm sick of the way some people act all pious when they're actually commiting something haraam.

SirZubair
06-01-2006, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I'm sick of the way some people act all pious when they're actually commiting something haraam.
Akhi,how do we know that he doesnt have some sort of mental disease?
Or maybe he was just having a bad day?

That is why im suggesting that the brother/sisters elders try to talk to him,to figure out what is happening,brushing the issue under the table is as bad as buying a gun and shooting your brother yourself. :hiding:

Umar001
06-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Akhi,as far as my knowledge goes,Muhammed s.a.w hasnt said anything regarding What we should do if someone in our family gets a death threat by a moody muslim brother.

And i dont think any fatwas (given by the companions of the prophet s.a.w) are available either.

And as for the scholors,they dont have the answers for everything :) If you can find a fatwa on it,please do inform me

wa'salaam

Nah I was on about something else bro.

Forget it akhi dont worry about it :giggling:

Ghazi
06-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Akhi,how do we know that he doesnt have some sort of mental disease?
Or maybe he was just having a bad day?

That is why im suggesting that the brother/sisters elders try to talk to him,to figure out what is happening,brushing the issue under the table is as bad as buying a gun and shooting your brother yourself. :hiding:

I wasn't refering to this case, and so what if he was having a bad dad you can't go around saying you gonna kill 11 year olds.

SirZubair
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Nah I was on about something else bro.

Forget it akhi dont worry about it :giggling:
:X my bad :X

SirZubair
06-01-2006, 06:47 PM

I wasn't refering to this case, and so what if he was having a bad dad you can't go around saying you gonna kill 11 year olds.
Ofcourse he cant go around threatening to kill 11 year old kids who have drunk too much giggle juice.

my point was,its unfair to say he is pretending to be pious.

Only allah s.w.t knows wether he is pious or not,..even a pious person can have a bad day and can utter afew words he might regret later on.

wa'salaam

:)

Ghazi
06-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Ofcourse he cant go around threatening to kill 11 year old kids who have drunk too much giggle juice.

my point was,its unfair to say he is pretending to be pious.

Only allah s.w.t knows wether he is pious or not,..even a pious person can have a bad day and can utter afew words he might regret later on.

wa'salaam

:)

Again I wasn't talking about him specificly but people in genral they go off in a religious rant unaware they're actually sinning them selfs, and btw I never said he was pretending to be pious.

yussufmo
06-01-2006, 07:01 PM

I THINK THE BEST WAY FORWARD IS TO CONTACT THE POLICE BECAUSE IF THE MAN DOESNT CARE WHETHER HE GOES TO JAIL OR NOT THEN IM SURE HE WONT MIND GOIN TO JAIL FOR THREATNING THE LIFE OF AN 11 YEAR OLD AND BLACK MAIL....

MABEY THIS MAN IS NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD IF HE IS GOING TO THREATEN LITTLE KIDS MABEY HE NEEDS A LECTURE FROM HIS IMAAM....

HE IS A DANGER TO KIDS AND IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESS BECAUSE IT WONT GO AWAY...

THE MAN IS SERIOUSLY GOT ISSUES AND IM SORRY IF I AM OFFENDING ANY ONE BUT THREATNING AN 11 YEAR OLD CHILD TO MAKE IT WORSE TO THREATEN AN MUSLIM IS JUST UN BELIEVEABLE I THINK HE NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED...

MABEY YOU SHOULD HIRE A GOOD LAWYER AND UNO WOT COMES NXT ;D

INSHALLAH HE WILL GET WHAT IS COMING TO HIM AND I HOPE THIS KINDA MAKE SENSE CORRECT ME PEOPLE OF I AM WRONG ON ANY OF THIS AS I AM NOT PERFECT :happy:

ANYWAYZ TAKE CARE

Dhulqarnaeen
06-02-2006, 02:50 AM

this man who is muslim goes to the mosque. before he was practising he used to drink and do drugs and all the haram things. now mashallah hes practising. my dad and other people of the community dont really know him, just know him by him going to the masjid. wehnever my brother is in salah in the masjid he laughs quite loud and gets distracted by his friends, my mum and dad often get complaints about my bro talking in salah and they shout at him and try to make him understand etc. the other say my mum was walking down the street with my brother and my baby sister and that guy ran shouting my brothers name. my mum got a lil worried. he came upto my mum (my mums never seen this man, never chatted to him or anything) and said how my brother talks in salah and he will kill him if he does that again and he doesnt care if he goes to jail etc. my mum really got scared and my dad is really annoyed aswell. my dad doesnt want to say anything incase soemthing happens. for these past few days my mum doesnt let my bro go 2 the masjid to pray bcuz shes scared.. my brother is only 11 years old. why cudnt he explain to my brother insted of thretning him? my mum wants to call the police but isnt bcuz the man is a muslim. what can i do? i know a boy over the age of 10 should go 2 read in congrgation but my mum is really scared. please help me.

also can i add another thing. when the man said that he cud kill my brother and his mates and he doesnt care if he goes to jail, he said it in the masjid. and because of this every1 started to have a discussion and voices were raised in the mosque. i feel so ashmed that voices were bein raised and it wasnt handled properli.
I suggest your parents and your brothers go to the masjid, and with Imam masjid talk to that man who threaten your brothers. And in front of the brothers your bro should say sorry and wont talk in salah again. And asked Imam masjid also to advice this bro so he wont threaten anybody as he wish and ask him to afraid Allah and advice him to throw away that kinda gang attitude he has. Cause blood of muslims is precious, and by killing them it can make him kufur. And according Islamic law, he must be killed by the court if he killed one muslim, its called qishash. Allahu A'lam.

SirZubair
06-02-2006, 07:51 AM

Again I wasn't talking about him specificly but people in genral they go off in a religious rant unaware they're actually sinning them selfs, and btw I never said he was pretending to be pious.
My apolgies.

wa'salaam.

julie sarri
06-02-2006, 10:41 AM
:sl: you need to talk to the imam tell him about this person maybe show your brother what people have writern on the forum .But the other brother needs to cool down he thinks hes doing somethink good when hes doing a sin why upset your mum if he was so angry he should have talked to your dad or asked the imam to talk to your dad young people learn from our actons he is not setting a good exsample to the youth by getting angry he should be giveing advice to your brother and helping him inprove hisn deen:w:

Malaikah
06-02-2006, 11:17 AM

its probably a good idea if your brother just goes to the masjid with an adult and not alone, and not with his friends so he wont have anyone to talk too inshaallah..

Hijaabi22
06-02-2006, 03:23 PM
erm did i read right??? is dis man crazy or wat?!!! as if hed do dat, probs ALL TALK....jus talk 2 ya bro, n tellexplain 2 him why he shudnt be talkin durin salah

Ghazi
06-02-2006, 03:26 PM
My apolgies.

wa'salaam.

No problem bro.

bint_muhammed
06-02-2006, 04:08 PM
What if this man isnt serious coz its sounds a bit strange sum1 saying they are going to kill him! he might hav been mad (and i kno still doesnt give hime the right) and did sumet that he is probebly regretting! and if he was serious tell the Imam and tell your bro not to talk during salah, and why dont you go wid him 2 mosque if your a guy!

Skillganon
06-03-2006, 01:15 AM

I doubt the brother will really carry out his threat, even that he should not make such a statement. This only show's how much annoyance and disruption your brother is causing, but you really need to get the imaan of the mosque and get your brother some counselling and maybe get him to have a few words with the other brother without publicising his threat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.