/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

jwgoes
06-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Hello everyone, my name is John. I've joined this site to learn more about Islam. I belong to no sect of any religion, although I was raised Catholic in the central United States.

I've come to this forum to learn more about Islam, which is now an unavoidabe part of American foreign and domestic policy. I have heard many things about Islam from Christians, prowar neoconservatives and apologists on tv, but I don't feel as if it has given me any clearer view of the religion of Islam. I'm not trying to figure out what is the "true" interpretation of Islam, but rather Is there a "favourable" interpretation of Islam, one that can coexist peacefully in our modern society. My hope and intuition is that it can.

Peace :peace: ,
John

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arwa
06-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi,

Welcome to Li and I hope you find this site beneficial.

Woodrow
06-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Asalaamu Alaakum (Peace and Mercy of God be with you)

Welcome John. Yes there are many misconceptions. Please glance at this video.

This-is-Islam-flash-video

Looking4Peace
06-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi John and welcome, you will find much good information on this website for the most part.

:welcome:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sapphire
06-01-2006, 12:32 AM
:welcome: :welcome: welcome:

hope have a benificial stay !

afriend
06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
:welcome: to the forum. :)

I hope you have an enjoyable stay!

Ruenz
06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
welcome to the forums :welcome:

afriend2
06-01-2006, 10:24 AM
salaam,

welcome to LI, inshAllah have a beneficial stay here.

wassalam :peace:

F.Y.
06-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Hello!
Nice to have you here. Have a great stay.

Peace to you.

Umm Khalid06
06-01-2006, 11:48 AM
[BANANA]welcom and enjoy[/BANANA]

glo
06-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Welcome, John

I, too, came here to learn more about Islam.
I am learning daily!
I can't say I am agreeing with all I am learning, but that's life. :giggling:

I am sure you will feel comfortable here.

Blessings.

Najiullah
06-01-2006, 02:04 PM
[s]WELCOME TO FORUM YOU WILL LEARN A LOT HERE INSHA'ALLAH[/s]

jwgoes
06-17-2006, 11:52 PM
I am leaving this forum, thank you all for the welcome, but the issues I want to discuss were considered sectarian. From what I gather from Ansar Al-'Adl, who censored my post on apostacy because he said it was "incorrect", and the other admins want this forum to be a place where muslims can discuss islam independently of nonbelievers, and where nonbelievers can be convinced of the admin's beliefs. Ansar Al-'Adl offerred to answer my questions about apostacy in a private message, which I will wait for, but I will leave and allow you your own community.

Goodbye, peace everyone!

John G.

Woodrow
06-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Peace John,

I did not get to know you except on one or 2 threads. Thank you for having taken the time to stop in and visit.

Samira_01
06-18-2006, 06:59 PM
[S]Welcome [/S]and enjoy ur stay!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!