/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Course on Islam a big UK hit

sonz
06-01-2006, 07:39 AM
A free course on Islam run from Birmingham has gone nationwide in the face of increased demand from nonMuslims who want to learn about the religion.

The Islamic Correspondence Course covers the basic teachings of the Muslim faith and is aimed at people of all religions.

It is designd to allow people to learn about Islam from their own home and at their own pace.

Course founder Tahir Selby said it had been running for more than four years in the region and was now generating interest across the UK.

"Particularly in light of world events, there does seem to be increasing curiosity about Islam," he said.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/...name_page.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Joe98
06-02-2006, 04:01 AM
But do islamic people want to learn about the country where they have come to live?

-

zohreen
06-02-2006, 04:11 AM
Sir from where i can get more details?

syilla
06-02-2006, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
A free course on Islam run from Birmingham has gone nationwide in the face of increased demand from nonMuslims who want to learn about the religion.

The Islamic Correspondence Course covers the basic teachings of the Muslim faith and is aimed at people of all religions.

It is designd to allow people to learn about Islam from their own home and at their own pace.

Course founder Tahir Selby said it had been running for more than four years in the region and was now generating interest across the UK.

"Particularly in light of world events, there does seem to be increasing curiosity about Islam," he said.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/...name_page.html
how about demand from muslim?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sis786
06-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey im from Birmingham let me see where this is??

north_malaysian
06-02-2006, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
But do islamic people want to learn about the country where they have come to live?

-
They must!

We Malaysians want all 3 million immigrants to learn about this country too.

guyabano
06-02-2006, 03:10 PM

-
I guess, on this one, you will not get an answer.

Same as this one:

Islam want to make "advertizing" in the western world, and everybody here cheers and clap hands, when it is successful. But I'm just wondering...what would be the reaction, if Vatikan and the christian Religion would start this in islamic countries ? hmmmmmmm ...would that be the same clapping and cheering ?

Umar001
06-02-2006, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
I guess, on this one, you will not get an answer.

Same as this one:

Islam want to make "advertizing" in the western world, and everybody here cheers and clap hands, when it is successful. But I'm just wondering...what would be the reaction, if Vatikan and the christian Religion would start this in islamic countries ? hmmmmmmm ...would that be the same clapping and cheering ?

Hmmm makes ya think don't it?

Anyhow I live in london I aint heard about this.

- Qatada -
06-02-2006, 03:39 PM

-

I feel that its more important to actually know the purpose of ones life, instead of just wanting to know the history of a country whose past won't actually play an important role within our life.

Islam breaks the barriers of nationalism, and this is one thing that hasn't been proven within the history of the west, yet alone any party who is doing everything just because they were born or bred in a certain nation.

It is only faith and submission which will break these barriers, and we as muslims believe that this life is only a test - therefore the attractions of this world will just pass by and end up destroyed at one time or another.

Therefore we as muslims don't prefer the vain desires of this world because there is a defect in every sort of enjoyment in this life, i.e. if one was to have too much wealth - they would always be under threat of being killed or kidnapped. If someone was to have power, they would always be in the fear of being assasinated, whereas if someone was to be poor - they would always want to be rich (while even knowing the dangers of it.) and all the parties would end up dying anyway, so what would be the actual purpose of that wealth that the person was striving so hard for anyway?

Man is never pleased with what he has in this world, and this is why we muslims should sacrifice our wealth for the needy, and the leaders should not abuse their power - but instead should be just. The rich are rich to help the poor, and the poor are there to work and in return get paid justly so they can support themselves and their families. Every person has their own sort of test in this life, and God will judge every human on the day of judgement and will reward the believers with paradise where there is no sadness or negative emotion whatsoever, and they will be rewarded justly by God for what they did in this world.

Race each other to forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden [i.e., Paradise] as wide as the heavens and Earth, prepared for those who do their duty. (Qur'an: Surah Al 'Imran, 133)

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.