/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shave your beard else face consequences! , India

AFDAL
06-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Shave your beard else face consequences!
30, 2006

A policeman who has served the department for 34 years was told that he ought to shave his beard, which he has been keeping for the last 29 years and to which no one ever objected.

Ehasanullah Haq Ghazi Sheikh, 54, posted at Dadar police station, had taken permission for keeping beard in 1977 and ever since there was no problem. Neither his colleagues nor superiors objected.

Surprisingly, Deputy Commission RK Mor issued a memo to him asking him to shave his beard or face disciplinary action. Sheikh was asked to comply within three days of the issuance of the letter. After 29 years the sudden objection surprised the Assistant Sub-Inspector who has now approached superiors.

Interestingly, the rules vary from one state to another about Muslim policemen keeping beard. In some states there is no such law prohibiting Muslims while in other states you have to take permission. However, the High Court had recently ruled that any Muslim policeman couldn’t be stopped from keeping the beard. This should have cleared the air. But it has not. Does keeping ebard makes a man fundamentalist or what? Earlier, the Army jawan Haidar Ali of Assam Rifles who was dismissed from service over the same issue was reinstated by Supreme Court.

http://indianmuslims.in/shave-your-b...-consequences/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
06-01-2006, 02:06 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Jazakhala khair for your post, that's just silly, why would keeping a beard make you a fundamentalist, i think it's all getting outta hand!

So did Ehasanullah Haq Ghazi Sheikh shave his beard off?

i Hope he didn't...

Nice post

WalaykumSalaam

Umar001
06-01-2006, 02:11 PM
As Zakir Naik says lol something about IM PROUD TO BE A FUNDAMENTALIST lol I follow the fundamentals of Islam lol

Man I hope he keeps it

Pk_#2
06-01-2006, 02:12 PM
InshaAllah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
06-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Are Sikh officers allowed to keep their beards?

Helena
06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
:sl:

thats really a good quest....hw cum i didnt think like dat....

so are they allowed?

:w:

Muezzin
06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Note, despite appearances, this thread is not about Dr Zakir Naik.

Vishnu
06-01-2006, 04:50 PM
In the military you must shave also I believe.

Everyone must shave there beard and people should not get special priveleges if they are Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, or any other faith.

Muezzin
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
In the military you must shave also I believe.

Everyone must shave there beard and people should not get special priveleges if they are Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, or any other faith.
I see. Is that because of practical reason, or reasons of 'uniform', or both?

Second thoughts, those questions really have little bearing on the topic, but it would be nice to know I guess. :)

786rani
06-01-2006, 04:59 PM
may allah give many more the courage to grow and keep a beard without fearing the kuffar.
rani

Vishnu
06-01-2006, 05:08 PM
I see. Is that because of practical reason, or reasons of 'uniform', or both?

Second thoughts, those questions really have little bearing on the topic, but it would be nice to know I guess. :)
I think it is a reason of "uniform"

I many militaries/Police offices across the world you must shave your head, and many other things, so this is not just an "Indian" thing.

AFDAL
06-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Lets look Sheikh with his beard have been in service for 2 long years , but when this new DC came , his beard is in problem for what ????????? . Let all Muslims from India in this forum make a protest against the pro - hindutva DC .

hassanomar
06-14-2006, 12:01 AM
daim makes you think!!

Skillganon
06-14-2006, 01:17 AM
I agree with Catmando, their should be a need upon the members to use correct spelling for a word. No "text message format" as this forum is not a mobile phone where word's are limited to the cost of message.
(spelling mistake is not included)

Going back to the topic, it is clear as far as the original post and issue of high court, beard is not an issue of uniform's.

Looking4Peace
06-14-2006, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I agree with Catmando, their should be a need upon the members to use correct spelling for a word. No "text message format" as this forum is not a mobile phone where word's are limited to the cost of message.
(spelling mistake is not included)

Going back to the topic, it is clear as far as the original post and issue of high court, beard is not an issue of uniform's.

hate to go off topic but it can be a clear spelling mistake especially if ones first language is not english, gosh, lets ban people for misspelling now

Skillganon
06-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Crystal, I never said banning people for it, but emphasis should be put on spelling, nor putting any embargo on them. This forum suppose to be an educational as well as tool for expreesing opinions and discussion, and I am afraid it heavily relies, atleast an attempt, on correct spelling to convey a decent formulated argument. This was not a remark to the poster, wheter he made a mistake in spelling or not, but an attempt or emphasis in need for decent spelling.
Indeed english may not be some people's first language, but as any teacher will do for a student is atleast point out some obviouse mistake in spelling.

Trumble
06-14-2006, 06:35 AM
I think it is a reason of "uniform"

I many militaries/Police offices across the world you must shave your head, and many other things, so this is not just an "Indian" thing.

I don't see "uniform" alone can justify requiring people to shave if their religion prohibits it.

Here's the position of the British armed forces on this, which seems much more sensible.

Muslim men are permitted to wear short neatly trimmed beards. However, for occupational or operational reasons, where a hazard clearly exists, Muslim men may be required to modify or remove facial hair to such an extent as to enable the correct wearing of breathing apparatus, oxygen masks, or respirators. An effective seal on a respirator can only be achieved when the skin is clean shaven; not withstanding this, Muslim men will not be required to shave their beards in order to perform NBC training drills.

AvarAllahNoor
06-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Which Sikh have they left alive who refuses to cut his beard or kesh?? (hair)

Umar001
06-16-2006, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
may allah give many more the courage to grow and keep a beard without fearing the kuffar.
rani
Technically, as brother Yusuf Estes would say, we cannot grow beards, lol we can 'not cut it' but Allah is the one that grows it! lol

That brother is sure a nice bro.

Anyhow

ManchesterFolk
06-16-2006, 10:37 PM
No one should ever have to do something against there religion to keep there job! This is terrible!

KAding
06-16-2006, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
No one should ever have to do something against there religion to keep there job! This is terrible!
'

Well, it's not always that easy of course. If religious rules prevent the employee from doing his job properly there is a big problem. We see this with for example in Holland with civil servants who have to perform gay marriages. Gays can marry, that is the law of the land, yet some civil servants refuse to do it because it is against their religion. I think such people should find another job!

Not to say that this applies to the original article, it does not.

mujahedeen2087
06-16-2006, 10:48 PM
sounds like india needs freedom and democracy.

ManchesterFolk
06-16-2006, 10:50 PM
If they make Hindus shave to and not just Muslims it is not discrimination.

Vishnu
06-17-2006, 01:07 AM
No matter what religion you are, if you chose this job you must shave it. It is seperation between religion and goverment. We don't exempt Hindus which make up over 900 Million of the Billion people in India.

AvarAllahNoor
06-17-2006, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
If they make Hindus shave to and not just Muslims it is not discrimination.
It's not a necessity for hindus to keep hair! But they object to others keeping it!!

lavikor201
06-17-2006, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
It's not a necessity for hindus to keep hair! But they object to others keeping it!!
That is true. Muslims, and Sikhs should be aloud to grow facial hair. I don't think facial hair stops you from doing a better job in Police work.

AvarAllahNoor
06-19-2006, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
That is true. Muslims, and Sikhs should be aloud to grow facial hair. I don't think facial hair stops you from doing a better job in Police work.

Well they didn't object to Sikhs keeping it when we were fighting for India's independence!!

Only thing i regret is the stupidity of the Sikhs rejecting a Sikh homeland, offered by the British!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Tooba to the ghurabaa:shade:!

Sarmad
06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
No matter what religion you are, if you chose this job you must shave it. It is seperation between religion and goverment. We don't exempt Hindus which make up over 900 Million of the Billion people in India.
Thats what you think, a sepration of religion and politics does not give the governement a license to abuse the religion, Indira ghandhi suffered the consequences of such a viewpoint and I rejoiced the day she was killed:)

Avarallahnoor Ji it is not that Master Tara Singh Ji rejected a sikh homeland he abided by gods will it is not written in sikhism that we be subservient to any rule of law but that we are sovereign people wherever we dwell thats why the sikh nation is in itself a country. Khalistan or sikh homeland is acheivable through peacefull means but you have to ask yourself do people inside India really want it on the scale of the diaspora sikhs? My views change constantly some days I think its important some days I think that poverty is even more important.

Sarmad:thankyou:

AFDAL
06-19-2006, 04:22 PM
3% Brahmins rule India like 3% Jews in USABRIG. (R) USMAN KHALID, DIRECTOR, LONDON INSITUTE OF SOUTH ASIA, LONDON, U.K.
Clear thinking is the hallmark of great leaders. It was Sir Syed Ahmed Khan who said it was not the British but the Hindu who were the principal enemy of the Muslims. In consequence, the Muslims started to get education and apply for government jobs. It equipped them for the fight on two fronts, the departing imperial power of Britain, and the “want to be imperial power” of Brahmanism. (I prefer to use the word Brahmanism in preference to Hinduism because this faith is founded on the idea that people are unequal by birth and the Brahmins are superior). Since the Bahujan (native peoples of India) are the majority in India and Dalits are surely not Hindu, calling all of them Hindu is to endorse Hindutva — the religious doctrine of VHP and the political doctrine of BJP.

M.A. Jinnah became the Quid e Azam of the Muslims as he displayed the same clarity of vision when the World War-II started. While the Hindus started the Quit India Movement he agreed to support the British war effort. The result was that even though the population of the Muslims in British India was 25% the number of Muslim soldiers in the British Indian Army rose to 56%. Among the non-Muslims, the Sikhs accounted for the largest segment even though they were only 2% of the population. The result was a huge shift in the focus of politics and of power. The Muslims got military training, saw the world and got a huge boost in self confidence. The transformation of the Punjab and the NWFP - the land of the ‘martial races’- was huge. Nothing could stop Pakistan after that.

I see that the VHP/BJP propaganda is now being carried out on Sindhi E Groups. We should resist being confused. India is ruled by Brahmanism even though Brahmins are only 3% of the population of India —the same way as 3% Jews rule the USA. We know our enemy as clearly as our Quaid e Azam did. Brahmanism — an anti-human and anti-reason cult — is the enemy of not just the Muslims but also of the Sikhs, Dalits, Tribals and Other Backward castes (OBCs). It is because of Jinnah’s clear vision that Muslims are sovereign in Pakistan and Bangladesh today. It is by learning from his example that the Sikhs, tribals of Assam, and other nations in South India would secure sovereignty and freedom.

DAWUD_adnan
06-19-2006, 04:25 PM
i kno wthat we are advised ot keep our beards but what iif on eis still young like 17? and already start getting a beard? should he shave it off if he wants to ?

p.s i heard that beards are a sign of wisdom i there a hadith that supports thsi??? PLEASE~!!! i wanna know [BANANA]SubhanAllah[/BANANA]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.