/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do I give religious advice..

anonymous
06-01-2006, 10:32 PM
to a friend who simply says "i'm not into Islam" do I just leave him to it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
06-01-2006, 10:38 PM
:sl:

You tell them the good benefits and gurantees that Islam has to offer especially in the hereafter.

If you are muslim, or whatever you may know about islam can be very benefical to that person so don't ever hesitate to persuade them in any way.

You are a muslim, you must stand your ground. Defend your religion. What if your freind has started to insult the Prophet (saw) what will you do then?

You cannot just let him say all of the bad things, you have to bring out the good benefits and tell him/her that islam is a complete way of life.

You will always, always, always have a gurantee in the hereafter if you are a good muslim or muslimah.

:w:

ISDhillon
06-01-2006, 10:38 PM
you have to be a good role model for islam then he would be prepared to listen

Dhulqarnaeen
06-02-2006, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:sl:
Doesnt mean Im better than you but let me write some advices:
1. Ikhlas doing everything in order to have Allah Azza wa jalla's face.
2. Try to improve your self with your own knowledges in Islam. Cause lets say if oneday he wan to talk to you about Islam, how can you explain it since you dont know anything about it. And more than that maybe he want to compare his religion with yours, so be prepared. And learning about Islam is wajib for every muslim like Rasulullah said "study Islam is wajib on every muslim".
3. Do all sunnah of Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam. Such as growing your beard, dont do isbal, cause this is syiar of Islam and by doing the sunnah you can lure some qustion from him that giving you a chance to explain ot him more about Islam.
4. Be a good model of how should a muslim attitudes in his own life. Practise Islam. Theres a story about this. Once some of the shuyukh came into the kafereen country and they spent the night in some hotel. And this man, I thought he was a cleaning service or room service always pay attention to what they did. Till one day this man came to the shuyukh and said " I see theres a light on your faces, it seems like ringing a lof of goods. And I see so many kindness in what you do. What are you people? What is your religion??" and then the shuyukh explain about Islam and then this man converted to Islam, subhanallah. Make your self as an example :brother:
5. Try to seek on everything that may interest him to Islam. LIke giving him a present, such as english Quran, or put some Islamic books that maybe interest him in a place that you know he will see the books. Its washilah to hidayah, and to get hidayah we have to do the washilah first. And If maybe you go somewhere with him, then turn on the cassete that talks about Islam, and some others washilah.
6. Bring his family some presents that can make them pleased. If he see you good to his family then he wil feel so happy of you. And maybe he will ask " why you are so kind to my family", and then you can answer " this is what Islam teach me."
7. Keep trying and never gave up. They say "water can make a hole in a rock with a constancy"
8. You may say du'a "wallahu yahdik " means may Allah show you the way.
ok, may Allah make your bussiness easier, amin. :brother:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dawud_uk
06-02-2006, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

assalaamu alaykum,

your friend muslim or non-muslim?

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.