/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Our message2 the Muslim community is “Where are you?”

Protected_Diamond
06-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Letters written by the hostages at HMP Long Lartin

British people and the Muslim community have the right to know what this government is doing in their names.

We have been detained under various barbaric legislation (2001 Act – without charge, without trial and detained indefinitely), (2005 Act – control orders which turned out to be more harsh and more repressive than we previously thought) etc. Now our lives are ruined, our families torn apart with the detention without justification, the abuse of power, injustice, unfairness and bullying are just common and this nightmare is just going on and on.

SIAC, for us, is a symbol of all the injustice and unfairness. A commission which did not feel shameful to accept evidence coming from torture, using special advocates …. For us it is just a mockery of justice if any. Using secret hearings is just what the dictator countries are doing. It is exactly what should be avoided.

I wonder if the people involved in SIAC go home with their conscience clear and tranquil. I am sure they have a guilty conscience. Fortunately some have already quit it.

The irony now is that this government is seeking our deportation and now that we accept to go, they started another political game.

We are four detainees who agree to go back to Algeria but the Home Office is refusing to deport us. We are left seriously confused and we are not calling ourselves detainees any more but HOSTAGES.

We are asking the British people to help us either to e released or deported or removed to a third country.

I wish that you could do something for us. I want you to raise our voices. We are living in stress and subject to cruelty beyond imagination. There are so many lies, hypocrisy, misleadings and confusion but the people outside seem to know nothing about our ordeal and mal treatment.

Our message to the Muslim community is “Where are you?”

Hostage Detainee I, MX8760, HMP Long Lartin.

http://www.cageprisoners.com/articles.php?id=14129

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.