/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Man shot by police during terrorism raid

x Maz x
06-02-2006, 09:17 AM
LONDON (Reuters) - Anti-terrorist police shot one man and arrested another during a major dawn raid on a house in east London on Friday.

Scotland Yard said the man had been shot after officers, backed by the bomb-disposal unit, carried out a raid as part of a pre-planned operation under the Terrorism Act.

"During the operation, a man was shot by police and has been taken to a nearby hospital," police said in a statement.

No details about the shot man or what had provoked the raid were given. Police said it was intelligence-led and followed close liaison between security services and the Health Protection Agency, an independent body charged with guarding against infectious diseases.

Police said the raid was not linked to last July's suicide bomb attacks on London's transport system which killed 52 commuters.

A 23-year-old man was arrested at the scene and has been taken to a central London police station for questioning.

Officers in protective clothing were sent to the house in the Forest Gate area of the capital while nearby roads were cordoned off.

The bomb disposal unit and riot police had also been sent to the scene as a precaution.

"It is a big operation," a police spokeswoman said. "At this stage there is nothing to suggest members of the public in the immediate area are at risk.

"If we believe there is a potential risk, appropriate action will be taken and advice issued.

Police said the shooting incident had been routinely referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Britain has been on high alert since the attacks last July 7 when four British Islamists blew themselves up on three underground trains and a double decker bus.

Two weeks later police said they foiled an identical plot.

London police Commissioner Ian Blair, the country's most senior officer, said three terrorism plots had been thwarted since the July bombings and warned that groups were further planning attacks.

The government said the Home Secretary had been kept fully informed of Friday's events.

http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/article.asp...e=windows-1252

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
x Maz x
06-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Also: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...223529,00.html

x Maz x
06-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Its rather a suprise that they decide to kill suspected terrorist or potential terrorists whatnot..does make one think why Bush aint been shot yet :X..Nah Bush dont watch that I aint gonna kill you ;)...I just pray Allah guides you to whats right! Peace and Ameen x

Muezzin
06-02-2006, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Its rather a suprise that they decide to kill suspected terrorist or potential terrorists whatnot..does make one think why Bush aint been shot yet :X..Nah Bush dont watch that I aint gonna kill you ;)...I just pray Allah guides you to whats right! Peace and Ameen x
Well, in this particular case, we don't know the condition of the guy - only that he's been shot and is in hospital.

With that poor Brazillian chap, everyone knows how much of a cock-up it was.

I want to wait until we have some more information about this particular story before passing judgement.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
x Maz x
06-02-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Well, in this particular case, we don't know the condition of the guy - only that he's been shot and is in hospital.

With that poor Brazillian chap, everyone knows how much of a cock-up it was.

I want to wait until we have some more information about this particular story before passing judgement.

He aint critical but he is injured...but say if he wasnt a threat? Their objective is not to kill apparently so they keep saying but only to 'disable' ...bearing this in mind, if this is correct then say if they have 'disabled' a innocent man?

Yes indeed...I hope his family maintains a high level of patience and copes with their loss

He is of Pakistani origin and lives in an area which is prodminantly Pakistani and he has a 'renovated' house, the family are thought to have been not to sociable but not isolated from the community, Reports say that the bredas used to chill with relgious bredas but not seen as 'extremists'..
If i hear anymore I keep ya updated InshAllah
Peace x

afriend2
06-02-2006, 11:40 AM
salaam,

i predict that in the near future there will be more cases of this! ataghfirullah!

may Allah ta'ala guide us all! Ameen

wassalam :peace:

chacha_jalebi
06-02-2006, 07:10 PM
i heard dat he was shot in front of his mummy & dats out of order

but what threat cud he have posed 2 dem, that they shot him??

if he was a terrorist then GOOD!! if he wasnt then police better get ready for sum questions!!!

Muezzin
06-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Threads merged. Please run a quick search (or heck, even LOOK on the forum's FIRST PAGE) before making a new thread.

chacha_jalebi
06-02-2006, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Threads merged. Please run a quick search (or heck, even LOOK on the forum's FIRST PAGE) before making a new thread.
i looked in world affairs lol i cudnt find :D

Muezzin
06-02-2006, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i looked in world affairs lol i cudnt find :D
It was literally like three threads below the one you created! :rant:

Ah well, I'll let you get away with it this time... :p

chacha_jalebi
06-02-2006, 07:24 PM
:-[ was it

awww thats the way bro :D letting people off is always a step forward!!! :)

back to topic!!!!

any peeps from east sidez lol, how is it down there :D and what part of forest gate is it exactly??

x Maz x
06-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Lol @ Ya chacha Bwess, Tis Landsdowne enit? So I heard :X...Damn Sky news if they got it wrong! Hai Hai and it was Paki bredas swell :O
Peace x

soljah_ov_allah
06-02-2006, 11:19 PM
:sl:

they said the 'chemical bomb had been removed before they got there.' totally rubbish , there never was one. just to cover up there fake intelligence they say it's been moved elsewhere. like they said >to prove or disprove the intelligence they received they planned a raid. and they totally bottled it.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.