/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Games Rivalry:Xbox360 Versus PS3

mohamedislam
06-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Asalamu aleykum

The new arrival of the xbox360 has had many people wanting it more and more, but i wonder which is really the better game xbox360 or ps3.

I have to admit xbox360 has excellent graphics quality, but what about gameplay experience,

What do you think :brother: :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
06-02-2006, 11:17 AM
im dissapointed with the 360.. typical microsoft attitude of giving us an upgrade rather than true advance.
the ps3 looks stunning! ..saw a metal gear solid clip with real time adjustments... (must have been running on a dev kit???) showing how much power it has, blew me away! but sony are slacking imo...they bungled the PSP so badly!

my hot tips the nintendo wii... for sure the best console for genuine fun games, if ya have a family or are thinkin of buyin for young children or if you just like FUN games this is the one.
bin hearing of a possible £150 price tag when it hits the UK so its by far the cheapest of the new consoles.

love the motion sensitive controllers for the wii and its not as underpowered as i was led to believe...

PS3 gonna have some class games.. definatly between ps3 an wii

Muezzin
06-02-2006, 03:15 PM
I want to get a PS3 solely because of Metal Gear Solid 4, quite frankly. My cousin's got an XBox 360, but he hasn't got the extremely awesome Call of Duty 2. Oh well. Suppose I'll have to content myself by playing it on the display unit of Dixons. :p

Ghazi
06-02-2006, 03:17 PM
:sl:

My mate who lives down the road has got a 360 and all the top games inculding CALL OF DUTY 2 the multiplayer is great, also he recently got the new far cry which is stunning, plus them wireless pads are cool.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Soldier
06-02-2006, 03:18 PM
PS 3 will be out in November.

Minimum Price $500.
What a waste of money! With all the people dying due to lack of money..

primitivefuture
06-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I thought XBox and PS3 were haraam.

Muslim Soldier
06-02-2006, 03:59 PM
may be haraam as one wastes time and money

M.I.A.
06-02-2006, 05:57 PM
yeah i agree, think people play waay too much so its a distraction at the very least..
i used to be so into games an stuff but i still managed to learn about islam...
you know the score in the mosque a couple hours everyday after school an on the weekends... thank god for parents;D
nowadays i just play now an then an my interests are far more specific.. so its less of a distraction.
as for the money, definatly a waste.. shame is that most of the new tech is what were payin for.. an most of the games most make use of it for ages like normal:rant: ...an then they'l bring out a new console:grumbling
ps3's gonna be that much cos of the blue ray players in them.. maybe the ace up sony's sleeve or the final nail in the coffin:?
only game iv playd in a while is ninja gaiden black on xbox.. top game.

Helena
06-02-2006, 06:03 PM
woah am waiting for ps3 tooo...well not for moi..but my lil bro...

And its way expensive in uk....ya Allah...

20gb its 350
60gb its 410

and the package is £550,,,its out in novomber the 17th.......

:w:

javz3
06-02-2006, 06:08 PM
i gota buy da PS3..........here r da details:

the official world release date is on the 17th November 2006. But only Japan gets the PS3 earlier which is 11th November 2006.

The control is the same as PS2 but no dual shock, but motion sensor included.

Three colours have been made: Silver, Black, White

Officially, Black is being released the U.K, no other colours mentioned. (damn it!!!).

A blu-ray disk contains 56giga bytes of memory. Now that is alot!!!! This inlcudes the graphics and how long the game is.

Now here are the prices (it maybe similar or the exact price):

USA: 20gb PS3- $499, 60gb PS3- $599
UK: 20gb PS3-£340, 60gb PS3- £409
Canada: 20gb PS3-$549, 60gb PS3- $659
Australia: 20gb PS3-$835, 60gb PS3- $1000
Europe: 20gb PS3-499 euros, 60gb PS3- 599 euros
Japan: 20gb PS3-59800 yen, 60gb PS3- Open

2 million PS3s will be available at launch:

700 Thousand PS3 in Japan/Asia
650 Thousand PS3 in USA
650 Thousand PS3 in Europe/Australia

There will another 2 million ready before Dec 31st 2006

Hope this kinda helps.

oh yeah, i wanted silver to come in da Uk, but Black looks kinda sleek.....very good indeed

some pics:

and da game r just brilliant, da most wanted for me is MGS4: guns of patriots.......

by da way PS3 is way better den da ugly 360.........
.........y do u think dat 360 released b4 PS3? they dont want any competition...........

Muezzin
06-02-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by primitivefuture
I thought XBox and PS3 were haraam.
Be careful of dropping the H bomb.

And they are very expensive, true. Because I'm planning on getting MGS 4, which won't be out until at least July next year, I'm planning to wait until then to get a PS3, because hopefully the price will have dropped.

primitivefuture
06-02-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
What do you mean? Of course it's haraam. No exceptions.

Muezzin
06-02-2006, 07:13 PM
What do you mean? Of course it's haraam. No exceptions.
I mean, have you got anything to back it up? To declare things haraam is an extremely serious matter.

chacha_jalebi
06-02-2006, 07:22 PM
its not haram!!

all playstations are beneficial if used wisely & the rite games are played i.e MGS, GTA!!! !! :D

primitivefuture
06-02-2006, 07:25 PM
I mean, have you got anything to back it up? To declare things haraam is an extremely serious matter.
1.) Images of humans and living things
2.) Most games have graphic content (blood and/or sex eg. GTA Vice City)
3.) Music involving rap and string guitar.

chacha_jalebi
06-02-2006, 07:28 PM

2 - erm u can alwyz play sonic :D or just skip the violent scenes :D

3 - i play with the volume down :D :p

primitivefuture
06-02-2006, 07:37 PM
You still can avoid number 1. All games will contain images of living things -- haraam. Its no wonder why Muslims can't pray wearing shirts of living creatures.

Helena
06-02-2006, 08:44 PM

how can ps3 be haraam? Its used for only leisure and for frequent use! unless ppl become too addictive towards it and forget the importance of islam and waste their time playing it am sure its not like that. its ok 4 dem 2 play and not 2 4get islam.

Helena
06-02-2006, 08:49 PM

And they are very expensive, true. Because I'm planning on getting MGS 4, which won't be out until at least July next year, I'm planning to wait until then to get a PS3, because hopefully the price will have dropped.

How do u know its coming out in july?is there any official news about this?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-02-2006, 08:55 PM

Man LI got so many scholors declaring this is haram and that is haram. I wont be surprised if they start declaring Takfeer soon.

Now, regarding this issue, take a look at this Fatwa:

On the image issue, it is completely different for computer screen, read the following:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=e...&QR=10326&dgn=4

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

With regard to pictures made in the modern fashion, they fall into two categories:

The first category is those which have no tangible substance (and can only be seen by running them through a machine), as I was told is the case with pictures on video tapes. There is no ruling at all concerning these, and they do not come under the prohibition at all. Hence the scholars who forbid making pictures with cameras on paper (photographs) permitted this (video pictures), and said that there is nothing wrong with this. Then it was asked, is it permissible to film lectures which are given in the mosques? The (scholarly) view was that it is better not to do that, because it may disturb the worshippers and because they may film things that may not be appropriate, and so on.

The second category is fixed or still pictures on paper (photographs) …

But the matter needs further discussion if one wants to make these kind of permissible pictures. For they are subject to five rulings which depend on the intention. If the intention is something forbidden, then it is haraam. If he intends something waajib (obligatory), then it is waajib. Sometimes pictures may be essential, especially moving pictures. For example, if we see someone in the act of committing a crime against a person’s rights, such as an attempt to kill and so on, and we cannot prove it in any way but by taking pictures, then in this case taking pictures becomes waajib, especially in cases where pictures may decide the case. The means are subject to the rulings on the ends. If we make these pictures in order to prove the identity of a person for fear that someone else may be accused of the crime, this is also acceptable, indeed it is essential. But if we take these pictures just to enjoy looking at them, this is undoubtedly haraam... And Allaah knows best.” (See Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 2/197-199)

aamirsaab
06-02-2006, 08:59 PM
The above can be found absolutely anywhere:
*Internet
*TV
*Japan.(what!?)

Dropping H-bombs every 10 seconds does not help anyone.
(I mean that in all senses of the word)

Muezzin
06-03-2006, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

How do u know its coming out in july?is there any official news about this?

Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out in July 2007 (earliest) since the trailer had the date 7/7/07.

M.I.A.
06-03-2006, 11:27 AM

have a look.. crazy power on the ps3

M.I.A.
06-03-2006, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--1M...ar%20solid%204
sorry messed up the link!

Muezzin
06-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Cool, M.I.A.!

I must say, that Japanese lady's voice gets kind of annoying sometimes: 'Ooooh!'. Thank goodness for the mute button.

But seriously, good find!

mohamedislam
06-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Xbox 360 or ps3 are not haram as far as i concerned, it is only haraam when people become addictive and lose interest in islam. you are aloowed to have just a little bit of fun in islam, it is not a religion that oprress it's follow. for a fact to me it is the only religion

i thank allah for making me a muslim, alhamdulilah

Pk_#2
06-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm worried about the time it wastes...and it's addictive...!

Umar001
06-03-2006, 10:32 PM
woah am waiting for ps3 tooo...well not for moi..but my lil bro...

And its way expensive in uk....ya Allah...

20gb its 350
60gb its 410

and the package is £550,,,its out in novomber the 17th.......

Dang if you were a brother I'd be able to come to urs and play it :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling

Pk_#2
06-03-2006, 10:35 PM
You defo need to listen to the audio bro

Why them faces

http://www.understand-islam.net/audi...1-%20Anger.mp3

Umar001
06-03-2006, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
You defo need to listen to the audio bro

Why them faces

http://www.understand-islam.net/audi...1-%20Anger.mp3

I DONT NEED ANGER MANAGEMENT! :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling

:giggling:

Pk_#2
06-03-2006, 10:38 PM
uh huh...you do!! Know listen..

before i get angry lol

....and back to x-box n the other weird things that i havn't discovered yet

Umar001
06-03-2006, 10:39 PM
By the way Which METAL GEAR SOLID IS IT WHEN HE IS IN THE JUNGLE? IS THAT OUT YTE COS I WANT THAT.

Helena
06-04-2006, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Dang if you were a brother I'd be able to come to urs and play it :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling

me a bro...lol...many brothers out here are also interested in ps3 apart from me! Eid my lil bro, we have 24/7 discussion about ps3.....until it comes out will b relaxed...or my ears will find peace....lol....

Helena
06-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming out in July 2007 (earliest) since the trailer had the date 7/7/07.

u sure its 7/7/07...its simply a joke coz da date reminds moi of something!

Inshallah
06-04-2006, 06:02 AM
I'm a hardcore Xbox fan but i think sony went all out on the PS3.

mohamedislam
06-04-2006, 09:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
I'm a hardcore Xbox fan but i think sony went all out on the PS3.
i'm an xbox fan two and man is halo 3 going to be good, this is probably the best game xbox has ever created yet.

halo 2 good as well cos i got xbox and i've got it. excellent game

:) :) :)

M.I.A.
06-04-2006, 10:43 AM
just wondering if any of you play online PC games?
would be cool to link up an play against you lot.. anyways if thers call for it someone should start a thread.

battlefield2 is class multiplayer
phantasy star online is another i sometimes play.
quake3... :happy:

mohamedislam
06-04-2006, 11:37 AM
you may not have of it but i MU online which is absolutely excellent, i tried playing heroes of might and magic once but it didn't work.

Ghazi
06-04-2006, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
By the way Which METAL GEAR SOLID IS IT WHEN HE IS IN THE JUNGLE? IS THAT OUT YTE COS I WANT THAT.

Thats been out for time, it's metal gear solid 3:snake eater.

Muezzin
06-04-2006, 12:15 PM

u sure its 7/7/07...its simply a joke coz da date reminds moi of something!

Nope, Hideo Kojima said in an interview that's the date he's aiming for. :)

Hmm, might be a bit of bad timing in the UK though seeing as the first two numbers of that date hold a very different significance...

mohamedislam
06-04-2006, 08:29 PM
any of u guys looking forward to halo 3?:) :) :) , i know i am.

Helena
06-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Nope, Hideo Kojima said in an interview that's the date he's aiming for. :)

Hmm, might be a bit of bad timing in the UK though seeing as the first two numbers of that date hold a very different significance...
slmz

shukran.....how did u know? can u tell me da site wer u got da info from???

plus in da trailer it sed coming out 2007, but der was no specific date.........

wslmz

Muezzin
06-05-2006, 09:30 AM
slmz

shukran.....how did u know? can u tell me da site wer u got da info from???

plus in da trailer it sed coming out 2007, but der was no specific date.........

wslmz
That's true. I read it in an interview with Hideo Kojima. I must have got confused. Either way, he's definitely aiming for 7/7/07 (check out the Metal Gear Solid 4 logo for this 'seven' fixation heh). I'll see if I can find the interview.

Hussein radi
06-05-2006, 09:37 AM
i dont think its that bad to play video games, cuz they have video game systems on saudi arabia which is a holy country. anyways, i cant wait tell PS3comes out.

Helena
06-05-2006, 12:55 PM
That's true. I read it in an interview with Hideo Kojima. I must have got confused. Either way, he's definitely aiming for 7/7/07 (check out the Metal Gear Solid 4 logo for this 'seven' fixation heh). I'll see if I can find the interview.

soz to bother u again...found da info regarding da interview?

Muezzin
06-05-2006, 12:56 PM

soz to bother u again...found da info regarding da interview?

Nope. I'll post it if I find it. I'm sure I read it somewhere...

Helena
06-05-2006, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hussein radi
i dont think its that bad to play video games, cuz they have video game systems on saudi arabia which is a holy country. anyways, i cant wait tell PS3comes out.

Thats soo true, have seen it myself wen i went hajj.....

Helena
06-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Nope. I'll post it if I find it. I'm sure I read it somewhere...

okay..inshalah...

shukran

Muezzin
06-05-2006, 03:44 PM

okay..inshalah...

shukran

Kinda, sorta confirmation on Wikipedia:

'As seen at the end of the trailer the Metal Gear Solid 4 title comes up. The letters L are positioned in a certain way. If one were to look at it upside down they would see 777 as the 4 looks like a 7. This could signify a 7/7/2007 release date. It would complement the 20th anniversary of the original Metal Gear being released on 7/7/1987'

source

But I read it in an interview with Kojima, not just fan speculation. Hmm...

I think I've found it. It's from an interview in OPS2 Magazine.

'Ok been through the interview:

# Kojima would like to work with Mr Suda (Killer 7) to make a game
# MGS film will be a "Hollywood Film", Snake may be played by Viggo Mortensen (LotR), the Film likely to be based in Alaska (Aka Shadow Moses)
# The Mk II is still destined to be in MGS4,but their having problems with the You Controling it bit...
# Kojima is hoping for a Global Releases (07/07/2007)'

Whether that actual date is what Kojima said or not, I'm not sure about. The above quote came from a forum, but I'm not sure I can give the link out here as that place contains some strong language. If anyone wants the precise link, feel free to PM me.

Also, here are the scans of that interview:

Page 1
Page 2

Helena
06-05-2006, 09:15 PM

jazaks muezzin......sorry if i troubled we.....shukran again!

:w: :)

z5a0b4
06-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I had and Xbox360 but i retured i did not have enoght time to play it but it is still fun.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.