/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christian Support for Palestine, Maybe.

Woodrow
06-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I copied this from another Islamic Group I am a member on. It appears that some opinions are changing.

Date: Jun 1, 2006 10:31 AM

The Vatican launched a semi-official warfare against Israel terming its re-occupation of Palestinian territories as genocide against the Palestinian people, due to which the international community must intervene.

This is, of course, an unprecedented accusation leveled by the Vatican to Israel whose Politica1 significance prompts other western parties to oppose Israeli policies.

In its official Gazette, the Vatican stressed that the genocide against the Palestinians has got nothing to do with allegations by Israel that its war is against terrorism.

It added that this war aimed at preventing Palestinians from realizing their dream of establishing their independent state. It stressed that the current war against Palestinians lacked all forms of international legitimacy.

Commenting on this war, the Vatican says that the current war, waged by Israel in collaboration with the Americans against Muslim Palestinian people, is not "religiously blessed".

Rather it is condemned by all Catholic Church archbishops in the world. The Vatican urged all Catholics in the world to unify ranks to condemn the religiously unlawful war against Palestinians.

Getting out to the diplomatic chess board, the Vatican recalled the American and Israeli ambassadors informing them that Pope John Paul II rejected calling the current war against Palestinians as anti-terrorism war.

The Pope urged Israel to withdraw immediately from the occupied territories and urged the Americans to stop their support to Israel, through public recall of the two ambassadors, the Vatican said that all Christians in the World particularly the Catholics support the Palestinian people.

Thus, it expressed its readiness to establish an international alliance with Islamic leadership to face up the Israeli-American alliance after the Europeans had rejected to join them in them aggression against the Palestinian people or Iraqi people in the future.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
06-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Woodrow;

I feel that this statement from the Vatican is to be welcomed and we do need to put more pressure on Israel, but I sense this statement is long overdue.

In the spirit of seeking justice for the oppressed

Eric

primitivefuture
06-02-2006, 07:04 PM
This coming from the Vatican is quite incredible. Of course, many Israelis will accuse the Pope for being a former Nazi-German lol.

Woodrow
06-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I think the message is going to come out, that the Christian world is getting tired of supporting Israel. I find it very interesting that this would come from the Vatican, which has influence over the largest single denomination and represents about 50% of the worlds Christians.

The world is begining to understand that a fanataical Israel could become a greater danger then a fanatical Palestine. Fanatics are always a danger, and the Zionists tend to be fanatical. Do not confuse the Zionists with the religion of Judaism as most Jews are peaceful and have for centuries lived in peace with their Muslim cousins.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
06-02-2006, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I think the message is going to come out, that the Christian world is getting tired of supporting Israel.
I don't think "the Christian world" (as opposed to US conservatives influenced by particular Christian groups and denominations) ever has "supported Israel", in the context of Israeli policy concerning the Palestinians, anyway. Virtually all Christians support the right of Israel to exist, though.

Woodrow
06-03-2006, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I don't think "the Christian world" (as opposed to US conservatives influenced by particular Christian groups and denominations) ever has "supported Israel", in the context of Israeli policy concerning the Palestinians, anyway. Virtually all Christians support the right of Israel to exist, though.
I will concede that to you, Trumble. Your wording is better then what mine was.

Vishnu
06-03-2006, 01:52 AM
There are many Christian sects that believe that they must support israel because they need the Jews to rebuild there temple for "Jesus" to come back.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.