/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jinn: Brief Facts

Protected_Diamond
06-02-2006, 04:31 PM
* The Arabic word 'jinn' ceoms from the verb 'janna' which means 'to hide or conceal'

* Allah says that He created jinn from a 'flame of fire' (maarij min naar) [Surah 55: 15]. However the relationship of a 'jinn to fire' is the same as the relationship of a 'man to earth'.

* As Adam is the father of 'mankind', Jaann is the father of 'jinns' [Mukhtaar as Sihaah, p 14]

* There are three types of jinn: one which flies in the air all of the time, another which exists as snakes and dogs, and an earthbound type which resides in one place or wanders about. [Tabari and Hakim in Mishkaak al Masaabeeh vol 2 p 883]

* Among the jinn which fly are some who eavesdrop on the angels in the lowest heaven. The jinn then convey the information they hear to fortunetellers. If they narrated only what they heard it would be correct, but they add to it and mix it with lies. [Sahih Muslim vol 4 no 5538]

* Allah says, 'Verily, We created man from dried clay, from black putrid mud. And We created the jinn before that from the fire of a scorching wind' [Surah 15: 26-27]. Ibn Kathir cites a hadith where the Prophet said that jinn, the descendants of jaann, were on earth two thousand years before the creation of Adam. [Tafseer al Quraan al Atheem, vol 1 p 108]

* Al Aaloosse said that Allah's statement, '...among the previous generation of jinn and men that have passed away...' [Surah 46: 18] isused to prove that jinn die, generation after generation, like humans. [Rooh al Maanee vol 26 p 21]

* The word 'shaytaan' comes from the root 'shatana' signifying 'he was, or became distant or remote from the truth and the mercy of Allah'. Iblees (the personal name of satan), is derived from 'ablasa' which means 'he despaired or gave up hope of the Mercy of Allah'

* Allah says, '...And we told the Angels, prostrate yourselves to Adam and they prostrated except Iblees, he refused to be of thosewho prostrated.' [Surah 7: 11]. This verse taken alone suggests that Iblees may have been an angel, but as explained by Az Zamakhsharee,the Quranic exegesist, 'When Allah commanded the angels to prostrate to Adam, Iblees was included in the address, even though he was not from the same origin as them, because he resembled them and had becomecharacterised by theirdeeds. Consequently, he was included inthe address to them and cursed fordisobeying the command'. [Tafseer al Quran al Atheem vol 1 p 117]

* Az Zamakhsharee continues, 'The command included Iblees, even though it was specifically for the angels, because Iblees was in theircompany andhe used to worshipAllah, the way they (angels) worshipped Him. So when they were commanded to prostrate to Adam and humble themselves in his honor, it was even moreappropriate for Iblees, who was with them, to humble himself'. [Al Kashaaf an Haqaa at Tanzeel vol 2 p 555]

* The jinns possess free will like human beings; as such they may be divided into two main groups according to theirfaith, 'Muslims' (i.e. believers) and kuffar (disbelievers). The disbelieving jinn are referred to as Shaytan. The Quran also refers to human beings who become enemies of righteousness as shaytan.

* Allah says, '...will you take him (Iblees) andhis children as protestors besides me? And they are enemies to you!..' [Surah 18: 50]. This verse refers to Satan's 'children' - showing that jinns can procreate - but angels, being without gender, do not procreate. [Ahkaam al Jaan pp 199-202]

* Allah says, '...True, there were men among humans who sought refuge from men among the jinn, but they only increased them in folly' [Surah 72: 6]. The usages of 'men' in reference to jinn implies that there must also be women amongst them. [Al Aqwwdah alIslaamiyyah wa Ussuhaa vol 2 p 27].

* Allah says, '...he (Iblees) was one of the jinn..' [Surah 18: 50]. While Hasan al Basri says 'He (Iblees) was the origin of the jinn as Adam was the origin of mankind' [Jaami al Bayaan vol 1 p 226], a view favoured by Ibn Taymeeyah [Majmoo al Fataawaa vol 4 p 235]; whether or not Iblees was the forefather of all the jinn, as Adam was the forefather of man, has been a subject of debate amongst the Muslim scholars as the meaning of [18:50] implies that Iblees was oneamongst them, and not the first amongst them [Aakan ak Jinn wa ash Shayateen p 18]

* Rida writes 'If angels or jinn take a dense form, like a human or other animals, it becomes possible to see them. However, under normal conditions they cannot be seen in their natural state' [Tafseer al Manaar vol 7 p 525]

* Allah says, 'Satan and his tribe watch you from a position which you cannot see them' [Surah 7: 27]. Shafi said, 'We willinvalidate the witness of anyone who claims to have seen the jinn unless he is a Prophet' [Manaaqib ash Shafi]. Ibn Hajar commented on this statement saying that it refers to anyone who claims to have seen them (jinn) in theiroriginal form in which they were created. One who sees them in theiradopted animalforms should not be discredited. [Fath al Baree vol 6 p 344]

* In the context of a black dog passing in front of a person who is praying without a sutra, Abu Thaar's student asked, 'What is the difference between a black dog, a red dog and a tan-coloured dog?' He replied, 'I also asked the Prophet as youare asking meand he said the black dog is a devil' [Muslim vol 1 no 1032]

* A type of the earthbound jinn is called 'qareen' (companion). One of these accompanies each human being from his birth until his death. This jinn encourages a man's lower desires and constantly tries to divert him from righteousness. [Muslim vol 4 no 6757]

* The lowest category of jinn is called 'hinn'. This includes the weakest jinn and also those who appear as all black dogs. [Lisaan al Arab vol 13 p 132]

* The jinn that appear in horrible, rapidly changing forms in the presence of human beings are called 'ghool' (plural gheelan). The Prophet said, 'If the gheelan appear and transform themselves beforeyou, call the athaan' [Al Musnad vol 3 p 305]

* Jinns eat and drink [Muslim vol 3 no 5008] Some scholars debated how jinns would 'eat' . One group said that jinns were 'invisible' as they are incorporeal, and that the processes of chewing and swallowing could only be done by corporeal beings. There isnt however sufficient evidence to determine the manner in which they eat.[Alam al Jinn fee Daw al Kitaab wa as Sunnah [p 49]

* Jinn can affect the subconcious mind of a human being i.e. dreams [Muslim vol 4 no 1224]

* Jinn can affect the concious mind / thoughts [Bukhari vol 4 no 496]

* Prophet Muhammad said, 'Satan pricks with his finger every newborn child of Adam's descendants. They all begin screaming from Satan'sjab, except Mary and her son (i.e. Jesus). [Bukhari vol 4p 641]

* Jinn can also cause sickness in a person. In the case of a woman who has vaginal bleedings at times other than menstrual period, the Prophet referred to this as the kick of shaytan. [Abu Dawood vol 1 no 267]

* At the time of death a jinn may try to cause the believer to go astray. The Prophet said, 'O Allah, I seek refuge with you from shaytan causing me to fumble at the timeof death'. [Nasai and Hakim in Mishkaak al Masaabeeh vol 1 p 256]

* Jinn can have sexual relations with women if their husbands do not mention the name of Allah before engaging in sex. [Rooh al Maanee vol 27 p 119] Ibn al Jawsee says that a jinn canhave sex with women inthe same way that men do. [Zaad al Maseer fee Ilm at Tafseer vol 8 p 122] As Suyootee was of the same opinion.[Al Alaam vol 3 p 301]. Ibn Taymeeyah said that jinn and humans can have sex with one another and beget children, this is a frequent occurance that is wellknown to many. [Majmoo al Fatawaa vol 19 p 39]

* A minority opinion is that of Al Maawardee who said, 'the intellectual rejects the possibility of sex between human and jinn due to their differences in species, nature and senses. Man is corporeal, jinn is incorporeal. Thus mixing, would not be possible with such difference and offspring would be inconceivable'. [Al Jaami li Ahkaam al Quran vol 13 p 211]

* There is no evidence to show that marriage to a jinn is haraam (forbidden). Some scholars rule it to be makrooh (disliked). Saad ibn Dawood reported that some people wrote a letter to Imam Malik ibn Abbas asking about marriage to the jinn. He responded saying, 'I do not see in it any religious objection, but I considerit detestable. For if a woman found pregnant is asked, Who is your husband? and she replies that he is from the jinnee, this will lead to much corruption of the principles of Islam. [al Ilhaam wa al Waswasah by ar-Razee] Other scholars such as Sijistaanee (Hanfi) said, 'Marriage between humans and jinns isprohibited sue to the differences in species'. [Munyah al Muftee]

May Allah the Almighty have mercy and guide us all, ameen.

By Brother Farrukh

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/scarves/jinn.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Soldier
06-02-2006, 04:35 PM
informative and hilarious post

Umar001
06-02-2006, 04:38 PM
"Jinn can have sexual relations with women if their husbands do not mention the name of Allah before engaging in sex. [Rooh al Maanee vol 27 p 119]"

I dont get that

A jin can have relations with a woman if their husband (meaning the woman's husband I think) does not meantion the name of Allah before having relations.

I dont get it so if I dont do dhikr before i come to my wife a jin can sleep with her anytime he wants?

Im confused.

syilla
06-02-2006, 04:41 PM
thank you...

is dajjal from jinn?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
06-02-2006, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
"Jinn can have sexual relations with women if their husbands do not mention the name of Allah before engaging in sex. [Rooh al Maanee vol 27 p 119]"

I dont get that

A jin can have relations with a woman if their husband (meaning the woman's husband I think) does not meantion the name of Allah before having relations.

I dont get it so if I dont do dhikr before i come to my wife a jin can sleep with her anytime he wants?

Im confused.
there is cases...

one is when the husband is syirk (i don't really know how to spell-syirik?)
and practice black magic

Umar001
06-02-2006, 04:43 PM
See now this is scary, cos dat me my wife can get raped by something I aint able to see

Muslim Soldier
06-02-2006, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
thank you...

is dajjal from jinn?
Nope. Dajjal is a man!

- Qatada -
06-02-2006, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
See now this is scary, cos dat me my wife can get raped by something I aint able to see

Hadith - Bukhari 4:493, Narrated Ibn 'Abbas

The Prophet May Allah's peace and praise be on him said, "If anyone of you, when having sexual relation with his wife, say: 'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and prevent Satan from approaching our offspring you are going to give us*,' and if he begets a child (as a result of that relation) Satan will not harm it."

*The husband should learn to say this in Arabic and speak it outloud before engaging in sexual relations. Here is the english transliteration (of how to say it in Arabic):

Bismillah. Allahumma jannibnash shaitaana, wa jannibish shaitaana ma razaqtana.

source: http://muttaqun.com/menframes.html

One should recite dhikr of Allaah before doing any act because it brings blessings (barakah) in it, and also protects a person from satan getting involved. So the same way a person would recite dhikr of Allaah before eating, or driving their car etc. the same way they should recite the dhikr of Allaah before sleeping with their wife insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

check this out also insha'Allaah:
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/S...Option=FatwaId

:wasalamex

Hawa
06-02-2006, 05:08 PM
:sl:
I read some place about inter marriages between humans and jinn :?

Protected_Diamond
06-03-2006, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hawa
I read some place about inter marriages between humans and jinn :?
:w:

I was very very shoked when i read the last point! How can a human and a jinn have a relationship?

Most scholours say it is disliked anywhere....

And of course Allah s.w.a knows best!

- Qatada -
06-03-2006, 12:22 PM
:salamext:

Question

Can a man marry a jinni female?

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thank you very much for having confidence in us, and we hope our efforts, which are purely for Allah's Sake, meet your expectations.

The question of whether a human may marry a jinni is a controversial one. There is no evidence from the Shari`ah that can be said to be authentic in that regard.

The majority of jurists are of the opinion that such a marriage is not lawful, but some jurists consider it to be lawful. The first opinion is the more correct to follow.

Allah Almighty says: "And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect" (Ar-Rum: 21)

He Almighty also says: ''O people! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord, Who created you from a single being and created its mate of the same (kind) and spread from these two, many men and women; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, by Whom you demand one of another (your rights), and (to) the ties of relationship; surely Allah ever watches over you" (An-Nisaa': 1).

In these verses, mate and mates refer to spouses from the same kind, i.e., humankind.

Besides, there would be no offspring if a human and a jinni were to marry each other.

According to Mughni Al-Muhtaj by Al-Khateeb Asherbini, a Shafi`e scholar, there are two kinds of prohibitions to marriage: perpetual and non-perpetual. Of the perpetual prohibitions is marriage between humans and jinn; it is not lawful for a member of human kind to marry a jinni.

Allah Almighty says: ''O people! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord, Who created you from a single being and created its mate of the same (kind)" (An-Nisaa': 1). He Almighty also says: "It is He Who created you from a single person, and made his mate of like nature." (Al-A`raf: 189).

An unauthentic hadith was reported on the authority of Ibn Abi Ad-Dunya to the effect that it is forbidden to marry the jinn.

According to Rad Al-Mehtar `ala Ad-Dur Al-Mukhtar by Ibn `Abdein, a Hanifi scholar, the jurists define marriage as “a contract that makes it lawful for a man to make love to a woman without there being a lawful prohibition to this marriage.” A lawful prohibition here refers to marriage to another man or to a hermaphrodite, a polytheist woman, a closely related woman, or a female jinn.

Contemplating the verses ''Marry women of your choice" (An-Nisaa’: 3) and "And Allah has made wives for you from among yourselves" (An-Nahl: 72), one can realize that it is only women of human kind that are lawful for men to marry. In addition, a jinn male may take the form of a female and vise versa.

Also according to Al-Ashbah, a book on juristic rules by Ibn Nujaym, marriage between a human and a jinni is not lawful, for they are of different worlds.

It was said that Al-Hassan Al-Basri was of the opinion that such a marriage is lawful so long as there are witnesses to it. But it was also reported that he did not believe it is lawful.

Any way, the more correct opinion to follow in this regard is that it is not lawful for a human being to marry a jinni, for they are of different worlds.

In Al-Ashbah wa An-Nadha'r, Imam As-Suyuti, an eminent Shafi`i scholar, wrote: ''Answering the question 'is it lawful for a human being to marry a jinni?' Imad Ibn Yunus said, 'Yes.'”

This question was also one of those that Sheikh Jamal Ad-Din Al-Esnawi posed to the supreme judge Sharaf Ad-Din Al-Barazi.

Sheikh Jamal asked the supreme judge, “Is it lawful for a man to marry a female jinn? Contemplating Allah's Words "And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves" (Ar-Rum: 21), I find that from among yourselves refers to that one's mate or spouse is to be from the same kind as one, and this is a blessing from Almighty Allah. But if we supposed that this might be lawful, as Ibn Unus said in Sharh Al-Wajeiz, would the man in this case have the right to oblige his jinn wife to stick to home or not? Suppose also that he would dislike to see her in a form other than the human one; would he have the right to prevent her from incarnating in other forms? Also, would the conditions required in a valid marriage contract be required in this case, also? For instance, would the jinn’s guardian's approval be required? Would their marriage be acceptable according to the jinn laws? Suppose that once, he did not recognize her, for she was incarnating in a form different from that he usually sees her in, but she told him it was she. Would he believe her and thus could he make love to her? Would he also be required to provide her with food that the jinn eat, such as bones and the like?”

The supreme judge Sharaf Ad-Din Al-Barazi answered:

It is not lawful that members of human kind marry members of jinn kind. This is inferred from the following verses: 'And Allah has made wives for you from among yourselves' (An-Nahl: 72) and 'And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves' (Ar-Rum: 21).
The exegetes say about these verses that the words from among yourselves in both verses refer to human kind; they may be paraphrased from your own kind or from your own nature.

These verses are analogous to the verse “Now hath come unto you a Messenger from amongst yourselves” (At-Tawbah: 128), for from amongst yourselves here refers also to human kind.

Besides, Allah Almighty refers in His Book to the women who are lawful for men to marry: “O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts” (Al-Ahzab: 50). [What was applied to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) according to this verse is also applied to Muslim men in general.] Mind that it is juristically known that this verse also indicates that single women who are not related to one may also be marriageable to one.

Allah Almighty also refers in His Book to the women who are prohibited in marriage to one. Notice all this is about marriage to women of human nature. This is because there is no marriage between human beings and jinn. (The words of Sharaf Ad-Din Al-Barazi end here.)

[Still according to As-Suyuti,] Sheikh Jamal Ad-Din Al-Esnawi commented:

This is Al-Barazi’s answer. If I was asked for my opinion in this, I would say that marriage between human beings and jinn is unlawful for many reasons.

First, Al-Kermani reported in his Masa’il that there was a hadith reported to the effect that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) forbade marriage from the jinn.

Though this hadith is not authentically reported, yet its truthfulness is supported by the opinions of the scholars in that respect. For example, Al-Hasan Al-Basri, Qatadah, Al-Hakam ibn Uyaynah, Ishaq ibn Rahawei, and `Uqbah Al-Assam were of the opinion that this marriage is not lawful. Also, Al-Jamal As-Sajstani, a Hanifi scholar, said in his book, Minyat Al-Mufti `an Al-Fatawa As-Sirajjiyyah: “Marriage between human kind and jinn is not lawful, for they are of different worlds.”

Second, the aims of marriage are to find tranquility, peace, and compassion with a partner close to one. All this would be lacking with jinn partners, for hatred for human kind is innate in their nature.

Third, there is nothing in the Shari`ah to the effect that it is permitted to marry members of the jinn. Allah Almighty says: “Marry women of your choice” (An-Nisaa’: 3). It is known that women refers to female members of human kind. This indicates that it is unlawful to marry other than women.

Fourth, it is not principally permitted for a free man to marry a slave woman, in order that they not may bring forth a slave child, which is not in the interest of the child. By comparison, marrying a female jinn may result in bringing forth a child having jinn characteristics, which is far worse than slavery. Hence, so long as it is not permitted for a free man to marry a slave woman, though both belong to the same kind (human kind), it is with greater reason not to permit marriage to jinn, for they are of different nature.

By analogy, we also find that it is prohibited to cross donkeys and horses, for this results in a hybrid different from horses, and this may, in turn, lead to the rarity of horses. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) commented on those who do so by saying, “Those who do so are ignorant.” If so is the case with animals, it is with greater reason that it also be the case with marriage between humans and jinns.

However, Abu `Uthman Sa`id ibn Al-`Abass Ar-Razi said in his book Al-Ilham wa Al-Waswasah that it was reported that some Yemeni people wrote to Imam Malik: “A male jinni has come to us and proposed to marry a young (human) woman saying, ‘I seek to stick to the right path by this proposal.’” Imam Malik answered, “I see that there is nothing wrong in doing so, but I dislike to expose this woman to a situation where she might be asked about her husband and she would answer, ‘It is a male jinni.’ This may lead to corruption among Muslims.”

In his book Akam Al-Murjan, Ash-Shabli, a Hanifi scholar, stated: Scholars are of two opinions regarding marriage between humans and jinn. One says it is unlawful and the other says it is lawful. The first view was adopted by a group of Hanbali scholars and was also reported in As-Seraji Fatwas. They cited as evidence in this respect Almighty Allah's words "And Allah has made wives for you from among yourselves" (An-Nahl: 72) and "And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect" (Ar-Rum: 21). They also cited as evidence in this regard a hadith to the effect that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) prohibited marriage to jinns. The second point of view in this regard was reported to have been adopted by Al-Hasan Al-Basri, Qatadah, and others.

You can also read:

Magic & Jinn (Full Section)

The World of Jinn and Its Secrets

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to write back!

May Allah guide you to the straight path, and guide you to that which pleases Him, Amen.

source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503548132

Magic & Jinn:
http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...nn/Index.shtml

:wasalamex

Ghazi
06-03-2006, 12:40 PM

LOL marry a jinn how on earth is that gonna work out wouldn't it be similar to having an imaginary friend.

------
12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
:salamext:

*bump

^ Not necessarily, coz some people can have contact with Jinns.

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

I dont get that

Im confused.
A Jinn can have sexual relations with a woman... who is willing. Many women believe they are Angels or Enlightened Beings and the new (slang) term is 'SC' (Spirit Companion). The majority of people I know who have ongoing relationships with spirit companions are single (not married). The relationships are almost identical to regular ones, they even have domestic squabbles!

The Ninth Scribe

Talib_Rayhan
12-23-2007, 06:32 PM

I have some questions...

1) Why is every human appointed a Djinn? 'and' Does this mean I'm sat with a Djinn right now?

2) If Djinns are so common, Why (in the western world atleast) do we not have more encounters with them?

3) It seems from what I've read that Djinns are not to be trusted... But if there are Muslim Djinns, Would it be allowed to interact with them?

4) If we definatly know there are Humans & Djinns on earth... Do we know of any other 'species'?

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2007, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talib_Rayhan

I have some questions...

1) Why is every human appointed a Djinn? 'and' Does this mean I'm sat with a Djinn right now?

2) If Djinns are so common, Why (in the western world atleast) do we not have more encounters with them?

3) It seems from what I've read that Djinns are not to be trusted... But if there are Muslim Djinns, Would it be allowed to interact with them?

4) If we definatly know there are Humans & Djinns on earth... Do we know of any other 'species'?
answer to #1: Christians call them "Watchers" and yes, one is probably watching your every move.

answer to #2: The western world has a wealth of contributions concerning them, but they don't use the word, Jinn. As I said before, most people mistake them for Angels. The most famous publication in the west concerning such a relationship would be "Heavenly Bridegrooms" by Ida Craddock.

http://www.idacraddock.org/bridegrooms.html

answer to #3: I'd be careful if I were you! They are just as helpful - and hurtful - as humans. I mean, would you invite a complete and total stranger into your home... just out of curiosity?

answer to #4: There are other species... like Angels and human souls (aka: ghosts).

I'm really hooked on this thread. Not sure why exactly, but would love to hear a complete Muslim perspective on the subject.

The Ninth Scribe

Talib_Rayhan
12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Thank you very much :)

Im just about to read the article 'Heavenly Bridegrooms'

Normally I wouldnt invite strangers into my home, But Muslims, yes I would, I would have faith that Allah (SWT) would protect me from any ill-doing, and if in the most extreme, I lost my life because of letting a Muslim stranger into my home, Id be content with that, knowing that I showed trust in a Brother/Sister

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Thank you very much :)

Im just about to read the article 'Heavenly Bridegrooms'

Normally I wouldnt invite strangers into my home, But Muslims, yes I would, I would have faith that Allah (SWT) would protect me from any ill-doing, and if in the most extreme, I lost my life because of letting a Muslim stranger into my home, Id be content with that, knowing that I showed trust in a Brother/Sister
Maybe this is why pious Muslims have banned their women from being alone in a room with a man who is not related to her? Just a thought :okay:

The Ninth Scribe

salaam2all
12-23-2007, 07:11 PM
That was sure eye-opening.:uuh:

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2007, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by salaam2all
That was sure eye-opening.:uuh:
Caution should be used concerning this subject. Extreme caution. No one should risk their lives to prove they are capable of trusting another, no matter what that 'other' is... and no one who actually cared about you would require you to prove yourself like that. I might also point out that Ida Craddock got into a ton of trouble because of her 'marriage' and commited suicide:

http://www.idacraddock.org/public.html

The Ninth Scribe

Talib_Rayhan
12-23-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Maybe this is why pious Muslims have banned their women from being alone in a room with a man who is not related to her? Just a thought :okay:

The Ninth Scribe
I guess so, Better safe than sorry right?

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2007, 07:33 PM
I guess so, Better safe than sorry right?
Exactly. It is a proven fact that there are predators out there, some even pose as Muslims... and they often prey on the young.

The Ninth Scribe

Talib_Rayhan
12-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Exactly. It is a proven fact that there are predators out there, some even pose as Muslims... and they often prey on the young.

The Ninth Scribe

I remember when I lived in Amsterdam, I was called by one guy who said, "I know your Muslim, Can you help me? I need a haircut". I found it very very strange as there was nothing about my appearance that said 'Im a Muslim'.

The guy was homeless and he was a Muslim too, From Somalia, I took him to the place i was staying and gave him the haircut he needed, then let him sleep for a while, gave him food and let him listen to some Bob Marley for a while... He loves Bob Marleys music... I became good friends with this guy... and he showed me a peice of paper with his name on it, and told me to never forget his name... To this day I know his name, Farah Hasan and Insha'Allah I'll never forget it. Although I was weary of his intent, it turned out ok and I managed to help him in the little way I could, I think I was nieve and probably could have been putting myself in danger, especially showing him where I lived, maybe in the future i wont be so quick to trust, But then Im left with the dilema of, Do I not help someone out of fear for my own safety? Hmmm... I think I have to do some thinking :)

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I remember when I lived in Amsterdam, I was called by one guy who said, "I know your Muslim, Can you help me? I need a haircut". I found it very very strange as there was nothing about my appearance that said 'Im a Muslim'.

The guy was homeless and he was a Muslim too, From Somalia, I took him to the place i was staying and gave him the haircut he needed, then let him sleep for a while, gave him food and let him listen to some Bob Marley for a while... He loves Bob Marleys music... I became good friends with this guy... and he showed me a peice of paper with his name on it, and told me to never forget his name... To this day I know his name, Farah Hasan and Insha'Allah I'll never forget it. Although I was weary of his intent, it turned out ok and I managed to help him in the little way I could, I think I was nieve and probably could have been putting myself in danger, especially showing him where I lived, maybe in the future i wont be so quick to trust, But then Im left with the dilema of, Do I not help someone out of fear for my own safety? Hmmm... I think I have to do some thinking :)
If you had a daughter though, would you recommend her to behave like this?

The Ninth Scribe

Talib_Rayhan
12-23-2007, 08:53 PM
If you had a daughter though, would you recommend her to behave like this?

The Ninth Scribe
NO! Definalty Definatly not!

You just made me think something....

To all who have read my posts : Please do not think I am promoting 'being unsafe' in your day-to-day life, I am just writing about my personal way, Like the saying goes from most parents "Dont talk to strangers" and there is reasoning behind that saying, as Ninth Scribe has already stated. I dont in any way want any person to read what I wrote and think... ''Well, that brother was ok, I'll be ok" Because you might not be, and I consider that I'm am blessed that my openess to strangers hasnt landed me in serious danger in one way or another, So I'd just like to say, Use common sense and heed wise words, DO NOT do as I say or do as I do. It is for Allah (SWT) to guide you, not me. Again, Im only sharing my personal experiences, not offering advice as to how to act

Peace and Blessings

Talib

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.