/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i have a question regarding puma sneakers

soraia
06-04-2006, 03:45 PM
:sl:

I bought a pair of puma sneakers a year ago. I was goign to buy another pair but I became doubtful as I read the description for the sneaker...

"The Ideal product for the race sport enthusiast and lifestyle statement at the same time. This Speed Cat SD is made of soft pig suede and full grain leather and features an oil resistant and non-slippery rubber outsole."

if you didnt notice what was the reason for my doubt, I will tell you now. It says the sneaker is made of soft pig suede. Is it ok to wear soft pig suede?:hiding: I asked my friend regarding this and she said it was a good question, which she didnt know the answer to. lol:giggling:

if anyone can tell me their thoughts about this i would greatly appreciate it.

:sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
unknown_JJ
06-04-2006, 04:09 PM
i duno, bt it soundz kinda gross, wud u want 2 wear it after hearin dat

ishkabab
06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
heck no man i would'nt even look at them...
just the main fact that is pig ...:heated: ..+o( ..:vomit: ..u know what i mean
if pig is haram all in all then would even think bout wearing it anywhere on ur body?? thats the question
.......think bout it....its like having a pig on u..

unknown_JJ
06-04-2006, 04:17 PM
lol ^^^ u made it sound even gross now lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
06-04-2006, 04:19 PM
pigs r cute lol especially baby 1s :D

but dey r haram so NO NO lol

soraia
06-04-2006, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
heck no man i would'nt even look at them...
just the main fact that is pig ...:heated: ..+o( ..:vomit: ..u know what i mean
if pig is haram all in all then would even think bout wearing it anywhere on ur body?? thats the question
.......think bout it....its like having a pig on u..

I know its gross, and I stopped wearing, and I didnt buy the other pair, but i just wanted to know if it was ok or not to wear it. and a lot of people buy these sneakers yet they dont know what the material is, so now they will know. thanks for your reply...

format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
i duno, bt it soundz kinda gross, wud u want 2 wear it after hearin dat
obviously i dont want to waer it, if i am saying i didnt buy another pair of sneakers after reading this! DUH!!

Umar001
06-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Buy the adidas ones I do, I had a puma running shoes they were so comfortable and then i got an addidas one once the pumas broke down, and the adidas were the same, the comfort was nice.

soraia
06-04-2006, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Buy the adidas ones I do, I had a puma running shoes they were so comfortable and then i got an addidas one once the pumas broke down, and the adidas were the same, the comfort was nice.

which adidas did you buy? do you have a link for them so i can take a look? do you know what material its made of?

thanks,

HeiGou
06-04-2006, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soraia
I know its gross, and I stopped wearing, and I didnt buy the other pair, but i just wanted to know if it was ok or not to wear it. and a lot of people buy these sneakers yet they dont know what the material is, so now they will know.
Surely it is only forbidden to eat pork, not to wear pig skin? Isn't this a little, well, Hindu?

Muezzin
06-04-2006, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

You think this is CUTE? :p

I don't know about the Islamic ruling on pig suede, but I do know I would avoid shoes made of that particular material.

chacha_jalebi
06-04-2006, 04:39 PM
come on now lol muezzin bro lol, u went n found a non cute piggy :D

i lik d pinky baby 1s dey r cute :D

wots seude? i think anything 2 do wit pigs ya sud jus avoid it, but there was also d case of leather jackets bein from cows & sum sed its kool & sum sed its not, so bout trainers erm erm im dunnoooo :D

ishkabab
06-04-2006, 04:41 PM

which adidas did you buy? do you have a link for them so i can take a look? do you know what material its made of?

thanks,

well i like uptowns so i would say....buy Nike uptowns....
attachmentphp?attachmentid1484&ampstc1&ampd1149439263 -

chacha_jalebi
06-04-2006, 04:43 PM
uh erm uh erm stop promotin products lol n dem nikeys r not all dat its all bout nikey runnin trainers!!! :D woo hoo

they handy if ur in trobal!!

ishkabab
06-04-2006, 04:49 PM
uh erm uh erm stop promotin products lol n dem nikeys r not all dat its all bout nikey runnin trainers!!! :D woo hoo

they handy if ur in trobal!!
yeh there ok too....but 4 me its all bout them uptowns..:okay:

soraia
06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
well i like uptowns so i would say....buy Nike uptowns....

i have those but the low tops for women :P the ones with red hearts that came out in 2004 for valentines day.
i haev to find where i put them...:giggling:

format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Surely it is only forbidden to eat pork, not to wear pig skin? Isn't this a little, well, Hindu?

i asked my father about this, he said you are not allowed to eat it, but perhaps you can use it for other things... i will ask a sheikh to get a correct answer inshAllah...

ishkabab
06-04-2006, 04:54 PM
i have those but the low tops for women :P the ones with red hearts that came out in 2004 for valentines day.
i haev to find where i put them...:giggling:
i got those those one in the pic and the ones in red n grey..

Hajar
06-04-2006, 05:00 PM
This will help :)

Question :

I'm working with a company where the workers always use pig skin gloves. To my understanding, anything that comes from pig is haram and if touched, I have to wash my hand 7 times plus 1 time with soil. In this case, what should I do?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

We have previously stated in the answer to question no. 1695 that pigskin is najis (impure) and does not become taahir (pure) by means of tanning.

Simply touching something impure does not make the body impure, unless there is some wetness either in the impure substance or on the body.

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen said:

If the body or clothes are dry and touch something impure that is also dry, that does not matter, because the impurity is only transferred when it is wet. Fataawa Islamiyyah, 1/194

Based on this, the hand does not become impure simply by touching these gloves that are made of pigskin, unless the hand or the gloves are wet.

If the hands become impure by touching the pigskin when there is some wetness, then you have to wash your hands. It is sufficient to wash them once, because there is no command to wash something impure seven times, one of which is with dust or dirt, except in the case of impurity caused by a dog.

Some scholars likened the pig to the dog, so they said that one should wash seven times in the case of pig-related impurity, one of which should be with dust or dirt.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “This is a weak analogy, because pigs are mentioned in the Qur’aan and they existed at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and there is no report which likens them to dogs. So the correct view is that pig-related impurity is like any other kind of impurity, and there is no need to wash seven times, one of which should be with dust or dirt.” Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 1/356.

So the Muslim should strive to keep his body and clothes clean and pure, and avoid wearing these gloves that are made of pigskin, because that involves touching something impure and exposes his hands and clothes to the risk of becoming impure, which would affect the validity of his prayers. But if he needs to wear these gloves because he cannot find anything else, then it is permissible for him to wear them, so long as he is careful to avoid contaminating his body or clothes, and he hastens to wash off any impurity if he gets it on him, so that he does not transfer it anywhere else or forget to wash it off his hands or clothes.

There are permissible kinds of animal skins and leathers available which mean that there is no need for these impure types. We ask Allaah to help us to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. And Allaah knows best.

Umar001
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM

thanks,

I will look for it when i finish some stuff inshallah

but someting has come to mind jus now

people told me my kicks were fly, they be like fly kicks.

(kicks = trainers)

so if they are made of pig, does this mean, pigs are fly?

pigs fly?

Lol getting it?

Haha Im so poor at jokes.

soraia
06-04-2006, 05:04 PM
i got those those one in the pic and the ones in red n grey..
i think i will get those. :P

format_quote Originally Posted by Hajar
This will help :)

thank you sis :sister: that clarifies a lot....

soraia
06-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I will look for it when i finish some stuff inshallah

but someting has come to mind jus now

people told me my kicks were fly, they be like fly kicks.

(kicks = trainers)

so if they are made of pig, does this mean, pigs are fly?

pigs fly?

Lol getting it?

Haha Im so poor at jokes.

hahahaha:giggling: kicks/trainers, we call them sneakers here in US... lol

ishkabab
06-05-2006, 12:12 AM
yeh we do call'em sneakers in the proper english but if u wanna say it the NY way then i suggest u say.."yo bro i like ur kicks"....thats slang :okay: ..or "yo bro them kicks be looking mad fly"...

Woodrow
06-05-2006, 12:26 AM
I once asked the Imam at the Masjid in Tyler TX the very same question about pig leather in shoes as the soles or heels of many shoes are made of big leather.

His reply was that a pig is an animal. All animals must be treated as one of Allahs creations. Meaning we are not to deliberatly harm or cause one to suffer. In the event that a pig is killed it is not to be wasted, since we can not eat them there must be something permissable to keep them from being a waste.

His round about way of saying he has seen no reason we can not use them for shoe leather. But, then again he didn't see any reason we should deliberatly select them for shoe leather.

Joe98
06-05-2006, 05:17 AM
Puma was founded by one of the sons of Adidas.

I understand Adidas is from a German-Jewish background and the factory was confiscated by the Nazis during WW2.

-

syilla
06-05-2006, 05:26 AM

i remember there my aunti was visited by a guest from Thailand...

She just gave birth...

and the guest said 'oh...your baby is soooo cute like my baby pig at home'...

hehehehe:giggling: we cannot stop laughing.

syilla
06-05-2006, 05:37 AM
i found this.

source : http://halalisbetter.com/halalharamdiscussion.html

I work in a retail business and after I ordered some shoes I figured out the it is made from the PIG leather, so is that halal or haram to trade in the pig leather, and if it haram, what should I do in my stock, throw it away or just sell it and don't order it any more, specially that I can't refund it from the supplier (question from Zulkifli - Malaysia)

1) Allah mention in Quran surah An-Nahl 115 about forbidden flesh as follows: "He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked." It is very obvious that flesh of dead animals and flesh of swine are in the same level, they are forbidden.
2) Hadith shahih Buchori (5531). Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas: Once Allah's Messenger passed by a dead sheep and said (to the people), "Why don't you use its hide?" They said, "But it is dead," He said, "Only eating it, is prohibited ."
3) Hadith shahih Buchori (5532). Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet passed by a dead goat and said, "There is no harm if its owners benefit from its skin."
4) There is no Hadith mentions pig skin, however, from those three references above, we can pull qiyas (extrapolation) that tanned skin of any animals, including tanned pig skins, are not prohibited to wear. However, since it is qiyas, you need to aware that some ulama' may have different opinion with other ulama'. Allah knows best.

Joe98
06-05-2006, 05:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
you need to aware that some ulama' may have different opinion with other ulama'. Allah knows best.

After 1,400 years of Islam, there is still uncertainty???

snakelegs
06-05-2006, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
of course. uncertainty is not a bad thing. shows that people are thinking.

Woodrow
06-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Yep, we are not quite under a total dictatorship as is generaly believed. A few things we have to take responsibility for ourselves and search for the answers.

This is actualy a fairly new question to come up in our history. Until recent times the concept of pig leather never came up. Was no need for it to. Muslims don't raise pigs and normaly would not even think of buying any pig products. However, since that is what is common in the Western World, we are trying to determine exactly how it does fit in.

All aspects will be considered. You have to remember we have no central authority and rely on the Qur'an and hadeeth. If we as individuals can not find the answer we turn to the scholars and seek their views. Most stuff is pretty well cut and dry.

HeiGou
06-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Puma was founded by one of the sons of Adidas.

I understand Adidas is from a German-Jewish background and the factory was confiscated by the Nazis during WW2.
From Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Dassler

Adolf Dassler (November 3, 1900 in Herzogenaurach (Germany) - September 6, 1978 in Herzogenaurach), also known as Adi Dassler, is the German founder of the sportswear company Adidas.

The company's name comes from his nickname and the first three letters of his last name, as shown: Adi Dassler. His brother Rudolf founded the Adidas rival PUMA AG. Both companies are seated in Herzogenaurach.

Trained as a baker Adi Dassler started to produce his own sports shoes in his mother's washkitchen after his return from World War I. His father Christoph who worked in a shoe-factory and the brothers Zehlein who produced handmade spikes in their blacksmith's shop supported Dassler in starting his own business. In 1924 Rudolf Dassler joined the business. At the 1928 Olympics the company equipped several athletes.

Because of personal disputes Rudolf Dassler left the company in 1947 and founded PUMA. Hereupon Adolf Dassler named his firm Adidas.

Equipped with these adidas shoes the German national football team won the 1954 World Cup. The 2003 movie "Das Wunder von Bern" (The miracle of Bern) retelling the story of Germany's triumph presents Dassler's invention as a key to the nation's success. This victory gave a huge confidence boost to post-war Germany, and the inclusion of adidas in the movie can be seen as huge publicity for the company.

Adi Dassler's son Horst established a French adidas branch in 1959 laying the foundation for the international expansion of the company. In 1973 Horst Dassler founded Arena, a producer of swimming equipment. After Adolf Dassler's death in 1978 his son and his wife Käthe took over the management. adidas was transformed into a private limited company in 1989 but remained family property until its IPO in 1995.

I don't think that Adolf, Rudolph and Christopher and particularly Jewish names.....

Umar001
06-05-2006, 06:19 PM

That wasn't the joke :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated:

kicks look fly, kicks fly, kicks made outa pig, pig fly, people always say 'that'll happen if pigs fly'

:giggling: See

These are similar to the ones I have:

ishkabab
06-05-2006, 06:51 PM
That wasn't the joke :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated:

kicks look fly, kicks fly, kicks made outa pig, pig fly, people always say 'that'll happen if pigs fly'

:giggling: See

These are similar to the ones I have:

dont worry i understood u...

nerwen
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
As salamu alaykum sister,

there is a hadith that says that every leather is halal if you tan it.
Absolutly everyone. I don´t know the hadith in english. Only in german. :)
But the Prophet salallahu alaihi wassalam asked some sahaba why they didn´t use the leather of the pig. They answered that they thought it is haram. So he said that every leather that you tan is halal.

Please excuse my english. It is not so perfect.

:)

Wassalam

Umar001
06-05-2006, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nerwen
As salamu alaykum sister,

there is a hadith that says that every leather is halal if you tan it.
Absolutly everyone. I don´t know the hadith in english. Only in german. :)
But the Prophet salallahu alaihi wassalam asked some sahaba why they didn´t use the leather of the pig. They answered that they thought it is haram. So he said that every leather that you tan is halal.

Please excuse my english. It is not so perfect.

:)

Wassalam

No worries I understood you I think sister, salam aleykum, do you know which book its in, Bukhari, Muslim??

nerwen
06-06-2006, 10:02 AM
No worries I understood you I think sister, salam aleykum, do you know which book its in, Bukhari, Muslim??

I think it´s Bukhari but I´m not sure.I`ll ask my Prof. then I can tell you more inshallah.
Wassalam

:sister:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!