/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The dog thread

catmando
06-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I have my son's 10 year old 110lb. brindle pit bull. He has been in our family all his life, but my son never really trained him correctly. After I took Big Bo Bo in, he basically took over the house(he was never an outside dog, so I couldn't keep him in the back yard).

Then I found Cesar Millan the Dog Whisperer on TV. Cesar's programs have helped me regain ownership of my house, and control of Bo Bo. Now he does what I tell him and it's so much nicer to live with him. :)

I had a lot of problems with his constant pulling on the leash, which was hooked up to a wide leather collar. I decided to switch to that skinny blue and white plastic leash you see in pet stores, and that has calmed him down considerably. Now he walks by my side instead of pulling me down the sidewalk(I weigh 240lbs and he still pulled me:uuh: )

I love this big ol dawg. Tell us about your pet. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
06-04-2006, 04:47 PM
woh blud i thought u wer tellin a story .. very posh keep it up!!

i wanted a doggy but my mummy sed no dey haraam lol :( :p

erm i had a guinea pig who died like 2-3 months agoo :D

n i got sum fishes :D who dont do nuttin apart frm eat & die!!! :p

catmando
06-04-2006, 05:07 PM
By day he sleeps on his own rug and pillow in front of the TV in our living room. He's so funny when he spreads out all over that big pillow with his legs hanging off and his big ol nose stuffed in the rug. ;D ;D

I walk him in the mornings on a creek flood plain so I can take his leash off. He doesn't like other dogs, tries to fight them when I walk him in the parks we have here, so it's nice to have him off the leash to run as much as he wants. He was 130lbs when we took him in, so he's lost 20lbs and looks really good.

I'm trying to train him not to attack other dogs, but it's hard with him. He's old and set in his ways. Cesar's programs are helping me, and it's a matter of constant training with a dog his age. Hell, I'm old too, 62 years. He's 10 years in dog years which 1 year = 7 human years so Bo is 70. Two old dogs walkin. ;D

chacha_jalebi
06-04-2006, 05:32 PM
erm ........

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Angel
06-04-2006, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
woh blud i thought u wer tellin a story .. very posh keep it up!!

i wanted a doggy but my mummy sed no dey haraam lol :( :p

erm i had a guinea pig who died like 2-3 months agoo :D

n i got sum fishes :D who dont do nuttin apart frm eat & die!!! :p
i wanted a puppy dey r sioo cute but u cant have them oh wel:rollseyes i got a ktten though wich is goodd:)

catmando
06-04-2006, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
erm ........
You have no pet stories??

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-04-2006, 07:12 PM
puppies.. ewwwww! dogs.. even big EWWWWWWWW! i cnt stand dem, hw cn ppl liv wid dem :rollseyes

catz.. r freakyyyyy man..!

fish r da bomb! :giggling: all u do is gv dem der fud n 4gt bout dem until dey die..

i got a lil story..

i had dis fish calld wilbert and goldilockz (ROFL, dnt ask.. i likd it at da tymmmmm) and it was cute.. basically a goldfish.. (dey all lukalike) and umm.. they had their own things in their fish tank.. lil filtery thing and lil castle wich after like 1 week golidilokz got stuck in it :( still miss her.. so we had 2 chuck her in the bin.. den like 1 or 2 after wilbert dieddd noooooooo :'( and me and my mates dug a hole in the park (i liv opposite a park) and we burried it.. we did lil ritualz.. sayin Allah thank u for giving us a fish.. LOL it was jokes but woz cute.. btw i was onli a kid at da tym.. about 7-8ish.. awwwwww.. datz my interstn story :)

Woodrow
06-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Prior to reverting I had what was basicaly a zoo.

Fourteen dogs, pot-belly pigs, chickens, a few assorted reptiles and a bunch of assorted critters that would wander in such as deer, squirells, armadillos, even an alligator that lived in the pond.

OOOps, I was way out in the country and had 14 acres of my own and surrounded by a 50,000 acre ranch. (no the ranch was not mine It just surrounded my place on 3 sides.)

Allah works in a strange manner. I did not have to make any choices about the animals or the place. Conditions happened that took care of all that before I reverted.

Now, I live in one room of my Daughters place in the City. I do have 2 cockateils that I share the room with. Crazy birds. Enjoyable tho. Only problem is they like to walk on the key-board when I'm trying to post.

Fishman
06-04-2006, 07:22 PM
:sl:
I heard that dogs are unclean. Is this true, or just a cultural thing?
:w:

Pk_#2
06-04-2006, 07:22 PM
I had a bird some fishes a cat n yeah das it..

I love cats!!!!! dey wikid

Pk_#2
06-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Dogs are unclean true, haraam (forbiddon) to keep also, ohh and angels won't visit the houses with a dog in it....

@bro

(Peace)

Fishman
06-04-2006, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Dogs are unclean true, haraam (forbiddon) to keep also, ohh and angels won't visit the houses with a dog in it....

@bro

(Peace)
Thanks for answering. Dogs are all slobbery anyway.

We have three cats at home, two young cats and their mother. The mother is really fat and lies down on your clean clothes if you leave them on the floor, and always gets into fights with other cats.

Woodrow
06-04-2006, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I heard that dogs are unclean. Is this true, or just a cultural thing?
There seems to be some dispute about that. The Qur'an does not state anything specific about dogs except in the Surah 18 al-Kahf and then the dog is mentioned several times being counted with the people of the cave, but no qualities are mentioned. Some hadeeth indicate they are not to be kept or touched yet some hadeeth indicate they may be kept out doors as protection or as work animals.

Most Muslims to be safe do not keep dogs as pets.

snakelegs
06-04-2006, 11:48 PM
hehe. i have a dog. that is the only normal pet i have. i am not overly normal myself even if the dog is.
i also have 10 snakes (non venomous of course), 8 geckos and a frog, 7 spiders and 2 scorpions and 2 goldfish (which were supposed to be fed to the frog but when he rejected them, they became pets.) some of my snakes i've had for 18 years.
in the past, i've had just about any pet you can think of rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, canaries, cats, lizards, milipedes and no doubt some other creepy things that i don't remember at the moment.
as for the normal dog - she is 13 years old and sick - she can hardly stand up. i am afraid she is not going to live much longer. sad.
i've loved all kinds of animals ever since i can remember and can't imagine not having any animals around me.

F.Y.
06-05-2006, 01:11 AM
I dont have any pets - but I used to have a cat that kept visiting our house and we used ot feed it and stroke it. It was scary - it followed us everywhere. We called it FatCat - because....well...it was fat. If you ran - it ran...if you walked...it walked. It was freaky.
Btw, dogs are allowed to be kept as guard dogs.

Peace

muslim_friend
06-05-2006, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i also have 10 snakes (non venomous of course), 8 geckos and a frog, 7 spiders and 2 scorpions and 2 goldfish (which were supposed to be fed to the frog but when he rejected them, they became pets.) some of my snakes i've had for 18 years.
I'm speechless :confused: . Spiders especially give me the creeps.

snakelegs
06-05-2006, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_friend
I'm speechless :confused: . Spiders especially give me the creeps.
lol, yeah, you and most other people. but they are really quite beautiful and interesting little things, believe it or not.

syilla
06-05-2006, 03:22 AM
but you can keep a 'guard' dog rite?

for example to take care of the farm?

cleo
06-05-2006, 03:38 AM
I Have a little dog, a Yorkie. He is my best friend. He is a watch dog, protects me, he is very smart too. He watches out for the cat we have, and takes care of him, in order for safety. He is not dirty, he is in fact very clean, even licks his dish clean..He wipes his face clean, and always goes outside for the outdoor toilet. I wouldn't trade him for anything, he is special..
I thought Allah made animals for a pupose, and man over them. You make it sound like the evil that walks the land. I love all animals..they are gifts from Allah....

north_malaysian
06-05-2006, 03:57 AM
With reference to various sects in Islam, the decision of having a dog is various too.

I have lots of fish in aquarium. They just swim, eat and die. Swim, eat and die.

syilla
06-05-2006, 04:02 AM
i have a cat but died.

his tail has broken into two...i found him infront of my house.

my friend said my cat has 'commit suicide', he hate living with me.

a few days after my cat gone...i still can hear his 'meow'.

north_malaysian
06-05-2006, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i have a cat but died.

his tail has broken into two...i found him infront of my house.

my friend said my cat has 'commit suicide', he hate living with me.

a few days after my cat gone...i still can hear his 'meow'.
Poor him!

Committed suicide - dont think so. Cats do lots of stupid things, maybe because they think that they have 9 lives.

Meow sounds - i think there are 100 cats for every one Malaysian. All meows sound the same isnt it?:?

SirZubair
06-05-2006, 04:49 AM
From what i have heard,you are allowed to have a Dog.

Not as a Pet though.

You are allowed to have a dog to Guard you,your property,your family.

You are allowed to have a dog which will help you in Hunting.

But as far as Pets go,..No.

north_malaysian
06-05-2006, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
From what i have heard,you are allowed to have a Dog.

Not as a Pet though.

You are allowed to have a dog to Guard you,your property,your family.

You are allowed to have a dog which will help you in Hunting.

But as far as Pets go,..No.
I've seen some Arabs, Persians and Turks have pet dogs. In Malay culture, dogs are hated.

SirZubair
06-05-2006, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I've seen some Arabs, Persians and Turks have pet dogs. In Malay culture, dogs are hated.
Doesnt matter if some arabs persians and turks have pet dogs,it doesnt mean a thing.

I dont understand why dogs are hated though?

That is abit extreme.

It is wrong to have one as a pet,but no-one said "Hate dogs"

Wa'salaam

syilla
06-05-2006, 05:15 AM
not really hate...

but sometimes they are just nuisance...

the dog here is not being well taken care

lots of street dogs...and gang dogs...

like to disturb the trash can...make a lot of noise...and etc

north_malaysian
06-05-2006, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
not really hate...

but sometimes they are just nuisance...

the dog here is not being well taken care

lots of street dogs...and gang dogs...

like to disturb the trash can...make a lot of noise...and etc
I dont know about Kelantanese culture, but in north dogs are taboo. Dont know why?:offended:

syilla
06-05-2006, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I dont know about Kelantanese culture, but in north dogs are taboo. Dont know why?:offended:
i'm not in kelantan really...

in in the middle ...hehe

y taboo? even with the chinese? i tot there is so many non-muslims there...

muslim_friend
06-05-2006, 08:14 AM
I feed a kitten every night. give it some milk and stuff. He's a tiger really, very brave fellow. He's the first to arrive whenever the fishvendor comes home and the last to go, and he scares everyone so that he gets his portion first. har! har! Apart from this kitten, the only other pets i have are geckoes and cocroaches. yum!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
yup, dogs are allowed obviously as guide dogs..

dogs r eww man.. hw cn u keep 1.. :?

i dont hav any pets at da mo, cant b bothered wid any.. im 2 lazy :giggling:

omggg, spiders.. plzzzzzz.. dnt get me started.. dey so creepy n scary :( der woz 1 in my room da utha day, i was screamin :|

in the bengali culture, evrry1 has a panic attak wen a dog is walkin 2wrds them,.. truss dey scream, dey cross da utha syd of da road.. and sum dnt evn go 2 da park cuz derz so many LOL.. its funni..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.