/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do i deal with such a weak iman?

ume kalthum2
06-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Asssalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi wabrakatu:sister:

I really need advise big time.

Ok the problem is my Iman and my heart:love: :heated: . Not that I’m bad or any thing its just that my iman seems to increase and decrease at times:( . Walahi I try my best to be a good Muslim. I started practicing at age 13 and know im 16 alhamdillilah three years then, alahamdillah I don’t get that tempted by other teens and kuffars only twice in a year maybe.

I really need a solution to my issue, what can I do to keep my Iman always high and sincere? how could I become close to Allah? what could I do to make my heart pure and clean from sins.:thumbs_do

Inshallah I hope I could get really helpful replys.:muslimah:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-05-2006, 07:51 PM
salaam sis..

keep praying to Allah and keep asking Allah for guidance.. after all Allah is almighty.. i gets u sis and keep in mind that this life is a test, u'll go thru so many tests and obstacles in this life but remember to keep ur intentions and whatever u doing pure bcuz thatl benefit u in the Aaakira.. :)

wasalaam

aamirsaab
06-05-2006, 07:53 PM
:sl:
Read the Quran and its translation. Absolutely fantastic way to keep iman high.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-05-2006, 07:55 PM
oh yeh i 4got 2 add.. Always remember Allah is watching u :) as Allah is All-Knowing

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
06-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Theres a book I managed to get off a brother named, The Causes Behind Increase and Decrease in Eeman, maybe you can cop that.

Me personally, I go up and down, my weak areas were college so I left and being at home, cos of my non muslim family, so i try stay up from dawn till dusk lol at the masjid or someting.

Also, play lectures, learn them and so on that will help, carry books around, I always carry my bag with different books, from da'wah material to tuahid and so on so i have a wide range to chose from if i start doing something which may lead to Haram.

x Maz x
06-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Aww Sister your telling meh exactly how I feel SubhanAllah, Listen remember yeh that Allah is there for you, Turn to Him in repentence and InshAllah with His mercy He will forgive your sins...Sister return to him and make du'a, it is the wepon of the beleiver...

Abu Dharr al-Ghafari reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:

Allah, the Lord of Honor and Glory, says, "Whoever does one good deed will recieve ten rewards ot even more, whoever sins once will be punished in proportion to it, or I may pardon him. When someone approaches Me a hand's lenght; I approach him an arm's lenghth; when someone walks towards Me, I run towards him; and when someone comes to Me [seeking My forgivness] full of as many sins as the whole world contains, I meet him with equal amount of forgivenss" [Related by Muslim]

"And whoever Allah wishes to guide, He opens his heart to Islam" [Surah al-An'am 6:125]

Glory be to Allah, He is so Merciful and He has said when he created humankind that His mercy overcomes His anger!...Return, repent and engage in dhikr and keep stedfast in His worship...

Peace x

Living Islam Daily

By Sister Iman bint Johari

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, 'Take benefit of five before five: your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free-time before your preoccupation, and your life before your death.'
[al-Hakim, al-Baihaqi]

Indeed, we all, at some point in our lives, are reminded of the passage of time... It may be due to an affliction that has befallen us, a word we have read or an incident that we have witnessed. We literally feel the seconds ebbing away from our lives and we are filled with a sense of desperation. What have we achieved? What have we done with our lives?

We are reminded of our aspirations we had once had that have lain dormant... buried... while we are engrossed with building our lives in this dunya. We are reminded of how we wanted to be the true and successful servants of our Creator and we become sick with worry and shame. We see how we have not moved an inch closer to this goal.

We want to make amends ... we KNOW we can do it.

And so we start all over again. We begin to piece together our ideas and resolutions. This time we will not forget and we will not fail, inshaa Allah. We will fast more, pray more, recite the Qur'an more... we will change the world and make it a better place.

We set out with promise and enthusiasm but as the months go by, our determination fizzles out and our good actions are forgotten. Our resolutions once again remain in the realm of good intentions... until the next time something prompts us into introspection.

How do we avoid this? How do we convert our good intentions to consistent actions?

I do not dare to say I have all the answers. I can only share what I have learnt in my own struggle with good intentions and resolutions. Here are some tips that I hope you will find useful in trying to live Islam daily:

[1] Purify your intentions and remember that you wish to seek the pleasure of Allah

Sincerity in all we do is a commandment of Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala): "Say, 'Indeed my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first (among you) of the Muslims.'"
[Surah al-An'aam, 6: 162,163]

He also says: "So worship Allah (alone) by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allah's sake only, (and not to show-off and not to set up rivals with Him in worship). Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allah only."
[Surah Az-Zumar 39:2-3]

Ibn Al-Qayyim (rahimahullah) said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit."

[2] Seek His help through du'a

Allah has told His Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) that He is close and answers the supplication of any servant who calls to Him. He said: "When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them), I respond to the prayer of every supplicant when he calleth on Me."
[Surah Al-Baqarah, 2: 186]

Indeed, when we are faced with distress, it is He whom we should turn to: "Or, who listens to the distressed (soul) when he calls on Him, and who relieves his suffering?"
[Surah An -Naml: 62]

[3] Do not procrastinate

It is easier for one to put off a goal until tomorrow so that one can rationalize not disciplining oneself today. How often have we said, "Inshaa Allah, I will make a change tomorrow" but never actually get around to doing it? One of the early scholars said, "Beware of procrastinating. It is the greatest of the soldiers of Satan." Do not make half-hearted promises - you are fooling no one but yourself. Carry out your resolutions with zeal and optimism.

[4] Take baby steps and set realistic goals In our zeal

We often chart ambitious plans only to be discouraged when we cannot sustain our efforts. Remember that no good deed is too small - the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) was asked, "Which deed is most beloved to Allah?" He said, "The one that is continuous, even if it is little."
[Sahih al-Bukhari, Fath al-Bari 11:194].

Small changes work a great deal better than giant leaps, so don't bite off more than you can chew. Start out with small deeds and you that you can accomplish easily and consistently before moving on to more challenging ones. This will motivate you and make you feel more successful. Insha'Allah, you will find that over time, you will have made a big difference.

[5] Build a good support system

Ibn Hazm said, "Anyone who criticises you cares about your friendship. Anyone who makes light of your faults cares nothing about you." It is said that reminders benefit the believers, so surround yourselves with good companions who will give you sincere advice and who will support you with your resolutions. Avoid those who will chip away at your self-esteem or who will tempt you away from your resolutions. Bear in mind what 'Ali radhiallahu 'anhu said: "Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people to protect yourself from their evils."

[6] Track your progress and be consistent

Write down your goals - hang this list up on the wall, keep it in your notebook, fold it into your wallet or stick it in your locker. You can even keep a log or journal of how you are doing - start a weblog even! Be honest with yourself and recheck your goals. The idea is not to slacken. Indeed, when the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) did something, he kept it up.
[Muslim].

Take a look at the hadith Qudsi in which Allah says: "… 'My slave keeps drawing nearer to me with naafil (supererogatory) deeds until I love him.'" [Sahih al-Bukhari].
The phrase maa yazaalu ["keeps (drawing near)"] gives the impression of continuity. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) also said, "Continue doing Hajj and 'Umrah."

[7] Avoid burnout

It is inevitable that we sometimes feel as if our iman has hit rock bottom or that we lack the spirit to continue in our striving. The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Iman wears out in one's heart, just as the dress wears out (becomes thin). Therefore, ask Allah to renew iman in your hearts."
[at-Tabarani and Al-Hakim]

Continuing to do acts of worship and good deeds does not mean one exhausts oneself to breaking point. We continue with the obligatory acts. When we have the energy and inclination, we strive to do more and when we do not, we do as much as we can. The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)said: "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection…"
[Sahih al-Bukhari]
According to another report, he said: "Be moderate, and you will reach what you want."
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

[8] Seek inspiration

The best sources of inspiration are in the mighty Qur'an, the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), his companions, the pious predecessors and the scholars.

Look at Abu Musa al-Ash'ari. He used to apply himself so much in worship at the end of his life that he was told, "Why don't you slow down and be gentle with yourself?" He replied, "When the horses are released for a race and are close to the finish line, they give all the strength they have. What is left of my life is less than that." It is said that he maintained this level of devotion till he died.

Look at Amir ibn Abdullah who was once asked, "How can you tolerate being awake all night, and thirsty in the intense heat of the day?" He replied, "Is it anything more than postponing the food of the day to nighttime, and the sleep of the night to daytime? This is not a big matter." When the night came, he would say, "Remembrance of the heat of hellfire has taken sleepiness from me." And he would not sleep until dawn.

Look at Ar-Rabi' ibn Khuthaym. Abu Hayan related that his father said, "Ar-Rabi' ibn Khuthaym was crippled and used to be carried to the congregational salah. So people told him, "You have an excuse (for not coming)." He said, "I hear 'hayya 'alas-salah', the call to salah; so if you can come to it even by crawling, do so", paraphrasing a hadith.

[9] Do a variety of acts of worship

Allah in His Infinite Mercy has blessed us with a variety of acts of worship to do - some are physical such as prayer; some are financial such as zakat and sadaqah; some are spoken such as du'aa and dhikr.

Perhaps the wisdom behind this provision is that it addresses the different inclinations and abilities of the people. Some people may enjoy some kinds of worship more than others. Indeed, Allah has made gates of Paradise according to the different types of worship. According to a hadith narrated by Abu Hurairah (radhiallahu anhu) the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)said: "Whoever spends on a pair for the sake of Allah will be called from the gates of Paradise, 'O slave of Allah, this is good.' Whoever is one of the people of prayer will be called from the gate of prayer. Whoever is one of the people of jihad will be called from the gate of jihad. Whoever is one of the people of fasting will be called from the gate of al-Rayyan. Whoever is one of the people of charity will be called from the gate of charity."
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

[10] Do not waste even a minute

As mentioned earlier, there are a variety of deeds one can do. There may be days when one is busy with chores, work or commitments to family and friends. This does not mean that one does not have time to incorporate one's resolution to live Islam daily. One can make dhikr while cooking, one can memorise a du'aa while waiting for the bus, one can listen to an Islamic lecture when driving home from work… the list goes on. The bottom line? Do what you can when you can.

May Allah give us steadfastness and may He give us the best in this world and the hereafter
Ameen.

Umar001
06-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Man that pink is a killer, I felt like i was loosing my eye site!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-05-2006, 08:08 PM
i guess we all have that problem.. but we just gotta learn to face it..

jazak allah khair sis 4 d ^^ very useful :)

x Maz x
06-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Edited for the benefit of users, Yeh MashAllah lovely peice of writing ...WalaykumAsalaam x

Bint Abdusattar
06-05-2006, 09:15 PM

Stay in the company of pious people and seek out gatherings which religoeus knowledge is being imparted.

:w:

Bint Abdusattar
06-05-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Theres a book I managed to get off a brother named, The Causes Behind Increase and Decrease in Eeman, maybe you can cop that.
IsaAbdullah, Who is the author of this book :?

Sohrab
06-05-2006, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ume kalthum2
Asssalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi wabrakatu:sister:

I really need advise big time.

Ok the problem is my Iman and my heart:love: :heated: . Not that I’m bad or any thing its just that my iman seems to increase and decrease at times:( . Walahi I try my best to be a good Muslim. I started practicing at age 13 and know im 16 alhamdillilah three years then, alahamdillah I don’t get that tempted by other teens and kuffars only twice in a year maybe.

I really need a solution to my issue, what can I do to keep my Iman always high and sincere? how could I become close to Allah? what could I do to make my heart pure and clean from sins.:thumbs_do

Inshallah I hope I could get really helpful replys.:muslimah:
A very common problem i suppose. Feels like roller coaster at times our iman :)
Difference in our Qawl (saying) and Amal (doing) can be at times as much as great wall of china, and sometimes it seems microscopic. Sometimes there's battle of badr going on inside, sometimes satan seems to overtake. Sometimes a single ayah can make you cry for hours, sometimes hours of quran reading doesn't seem to affect our hearts. Sometimes we defeat a gigantic temptation of our Nafs, sometimes we fall to a small push. We repent and decide never to do bad again...and the other moment we're on our knees to the same temptation.

So... How to deal with it? what should we do about it?

The best way as some bros/sis mentioned is continious Zikr, Rememberance.

Source of Iman....

1. Signs (Ayat) of Quran/Hadiths
Signs within oneself
Signs in the world around us

2. Company of the people with Iman

3. Continuity and Regularity of Ibadat (salah, fasting, zikr etc)

I personally find that nothing helps more than the reading and understanding the quran, in its own language.

Prayers

Pk_#2
06-05-2006, 10:26 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Causes Of Increase In Iman And Our Shortcomings

1. Praying to your Lord, Glorified and Exalted, in secret, supplicating a lot to Him, hoping in His reward, and engaging in much remembrance of Him.

2. Contemplating His Book, for nothing helps the recovery of the heart except the Book of Allah Mighty and Sublime. There are many youth who busy themselves even with sciences of the Shari`ah at the expense of reciting the Qur'an until their hearts eventually harden. So if this happens with acts of obedience, what about one who occupies his heart with sins?

3. Regularly performing your obligatory prayers in congregation, for Allah guaranteed the one who guards his obligatory prayers in congregation that he will neither abandon him, nor humiliate him, and that He will guard him in this world and the next.

4. Regularly performing as-sunan ar-rawatib (acts of Sunnah that were stressed and regularly performed by the Prophet, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam), and doing plenty of them, for whenever you prostrate to Allah with a prostration, He raises your level.

5. Accompanying and loving the righteous. "The person is with one he loves." [Al-Bukhari] "Do not befriend except a believer, and let no one eat your food except a taqiyy (a pious, God-fearing person)." [Hasan, related by Ahmad, At-Tayalisi, Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and others]

6. Knowing that Allah al-Wahid al-Ahad watches over us, and knowing that He is with you: "Does He who created not know, while He is the Subtle, the Acquainted?" [al-Mulk (67):14]
Knowing also that He knows what you hide and what you make apparent: "Have you not considered that Allah knows what is in the heavens and what is on the earth? There is no private conversation of three but that He is the fourth of them, nor are there five but that He is the sixth of them - and no less than that and no more except that He is with them [in knowledge] wherever they are. Then He will inform them of what they did, on the Day of Resurrection. Indeed Allah is, of all things, Knowing." [Al-Mujadilah (58):7]

I thought this might show you what your missing out on...or maybe need to improve on...
.................................................. ................................................

And yeah Easa whose the author we int psychic ya know :)

WalaykumSalaam!

hafizyunus
06-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Stay in the company the pious.Also read the Quarn and become firm with your namaz.Also try to do the other pillars of Islam eg Hajj.Read Islamic books and make Dua to Allah for quideance and steadfastness.May Allah make it easy for you.

ume kalthum2
06-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Jazakalllah all of you. May allah reward you all for your touching replys i feel soo much better alhamdillilah.

I'll even print it up lol

ume kalthum2
06-06-2006, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Aww Sister your telling meh exactly how I feel SubhanAllah, Listen remember yeh that Allah is there for you, Turn to Him in repentence and InshAllah with His mercy He will forgive your sins...Sister return to him and make du'a, it is the wepon of the beleiver...

Abu Dharr al-Ghafari reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:

Allah, the Lord of Honor and Glory, says, "Whoever does one good deed will recieve ten rewards ot even more, whoever sins once will be punished in proportion to it, or I may pardon him. When someone approaches Me a hand's lenght; I approach him an arm's lenghth; when someone walks towards Me, I run towards him; and when someone comes to Me [seeking My forgivness] full of as many sins as the whole world contains, I meet him with equal amount of forgivenss" [Related by Muslim]

"And whoever Allah wishes to guide, He opens his heart to Islam" [Surah al-An'am 6:125]

Glory be to Allah, He is so Merciful and He has said when he created humankind that His mercy overcomes His anger!...Return, repent and engage in dhikr and keep stedfast in His worship...

Peace x

Living Islam Daily

By Sister Iman bint Johari

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, 'Take benefit of five before five: your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free-time before your preoccupation, and your life before your death.'
[al-Hakim, al-Baihaqi]

Indeed, we all, at some point in our lives, are reminded of the passage of time... It may be due to an affliction that has befallen us, a word we have read or an incident that we have witnessed. We literally feel the seconds ebbing away from our lives and we are filled with a sense of desperation. What have we achieved? What have we done with our lives?

We are reminded of our aspirations we had once had that have lain dormant... buried... while we are engrossed with building our lives in this dunya. We are reminded of how we wanted to be the true and successful servants of our Creator and we become sick with worry and shame. We see how we have not moved an inch closer to this goal.

We want to make amends ... we KNOW we can do it.

And so we start all over again. We begin to piece together our ideas and resolutions. This time we will not forget and we will not fail, inshaa Allah. We will fast more, pray more, recite the Qur'an more... we will change the world and make it a better place.

We set out with promise and enthusiasm but as the months go by, our determination fizzles out and our good actions are forgotten. Our resolutions once again remain in the realm of good intentions... until the next time something prompts us into introspection.

How do we avoid this? How do we convert our good intentions to consistent actions?

I do not dare to say I have all the answers. I can only share what I have learnt in my own struggle with good intentions and resolutions. Here are some tips that I hope you will find useful in trying to live Islam daily:

[1] Purify your intentions and remember that you wish to seek the pleasure of Allah

Sincerity in all we do is a commandment of Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala): "Say, 'Indeed my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first (among you) of the Muslims.'"
[Surah al-An'aam, 6: 162,163]

He also says: "So worship Allah (alone) by doing religious deeds sincerely for Allah's sake only, (and not to show-off and not to set up rivals with Him in worship). Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allah only."
[Surah Az-Zumar 39:2-3]

Ibn Al-Qayyim (rahimahullah) said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit."

[2] Seek His help through du'a

Allah has told His Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) that He is close and answers the supplication of any servant who calls to Him. He said: "When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them), I respond to the prayer of every supplicant when he calleth on Me."
[Surah Al-Baqarah, 2: 186]

Indeed, when we are faced with distress, it is He whom we should turn to: "Or, who listens to the distressed (soul) when he calls on Him, and who relieves his suffering?"
[Surah An -Naml: 62]

[3] Do not procrastinate

It is easier for one to put off a goal until tomorrow so that one can rationalize not disciplining oneself today. How often have we said, "Inshaa Allah, I will make a change tomorrow" but never actually get around to doing it? One of the early scholars said, "Beware of procrastinating. It is the greatest of the soldiers of Satan." Do not make half-hearted promises - you are fooling no one but yourself. Carry out your resolutions with zeal and optimism.

[4] Take baby steps and set realistic goals In our zeal

We often chart ambitious plans only to be discouraged when we cannot sustain our efforts. Remember that no good deed is too small - the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) was asked, "Which deed is most beloved to Allah?" He said, "The one that is continuous, even if it is little."
[Sahih al-Bukhari, Fath al-Bari 11:194].

Small changes work a great deal better than giant leaps, so don't bite off more than you can chew. Start out with small deeds and you that you can accomplish easily and consistently before moving on to more challenging ones. This will motivate you and make you feel more successful. Insha'Allah, you will find that over time, you will have made a big difference.

[5] Build a good support system

Ibn Hazm said, "Anyone who criticises you cares about your friendship. Anyone who makes light of your faults cares nothing about you." It is said that reminders benefit the believers, so surround yourselves with good companions who will give you sincere advice and who will support you with your resolutions. Avoid those who will chip away at your self-esteem or who will tempt you away from your resolutions. Bear in mind what 'Ali radhiallahu 'anhu said: "Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people to protect yourself from their evils."

[6] Track your progress and be consistent

Write down your goals - hang this list up on the wall, keep it in your notebook, fold it into your wallet or stick it in your locker. You can even keep a log or journal of how you are doing - start a weblog even! Be honest with yourself and recheck your goals. The idea is not to slacken. Indeed, when the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) did something, he kept it up.
[Muslim].

Take a look at the hadith Qudsi in which Allah says: "… 'My slave keeps drawing nearer to me with naafil (supererogatory) deeds until I love him.'" [Sahih al-Bukhari].
The phrase maa yazaalu ["keeps (drawing near)"] gives the impression of continuity. The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) also said, "Continue doing Hajj and 'Umrah."

[7] Avoid burnout

It is inevitable that we sometimes feel as if our iman has hit rock bottom or that we lack the spirit to continue in our striving. The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Iman wears out in one's heart, just as the dress wears out (becomes thin). Therefore, ask Allah to renew iman in your hearts."
[at-Tabarani and Al-Hakim]

Continuing to do acts of worship and good deeds does not mean one exhausts oneself to breaking point. We continue with the obligatory acts. When we have the energy and inclination, we strive to do more and when we do not, we do as much as we can. The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)said: "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection…"
[Sahih al-Bukhari]
According to another report, he said: "Be moderate, and you will reach what you want."
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

[8] Seek inspiration

The best sources of inspiration are in the mighty Qur'an, the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), his companions, the pious predecessors and the scholars.

Look at Abu Musa al-Ash'ari. He used to apply himself so much in worship at the end of his life that he was told, "Why don't you slow down and be gentle with yourself?" He replied, "When the horses are released for a race and are close to the finish line, they give all the strength they have. What is left of my life is less than that." It is said that he maintained this level of devotion till he died.

Look at Amir ibn Abdullah who was once asked, "How can you tolerate being awake all night, and thirsty in the intense heat of the day?" He replied, "Is it anything more than postponing the food of the day to nighttime, and the sleep of the night to daytime? This is not a big matter." When the night came, he would say, "Remembrance of the heat of hellfire has taken sleepiness from me." And he would not sleep until dawn.

Look at Ar-Rabi' ibn Khuthaym. Abu Hayan related that his father said, "Ar-Rabi' ibn Khuthaym was crippled and used to be carried to the congregational salah. So people told him, "You have an excuse (for not coming)." He said, "I hear 'hayya 'alas-salah', the call to salah; so if you can come to it even by crawling, do so", paraphrasing a hadith.

[9] Do a variety of acts of worship

Allah in His Infinite Mercy has blessed us with a variety of acts of worship to do - some are physical such as prayer; some are financial such as zakat and sadaqah; some are spoken such as du'aa and dhikr.

Perhaps the wisdom behind this provision is that it addresses the different inclinations and abilities of the people. Some people may enjoy some kinds of worship more than others. Indeed, Allah has made gates of Paradise according to the different types of worship. According to a hadith narrated by Abu Hurairah (radhiallahu anhu) the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)said: "Whoever spends on a pair for the sake of Allah will be called from the gates of Paradise, 'O slave of Allah, this is good.' Whoever is one of the people of prayer will be called from the gate of prayer. Whoever is one of the people of jihad will be called from the gate of jihad. Whoever is one of the people of fasting will be called from the gate of al-Rayyan. Whoever is one of the people of charity will be called from the gate of charity."
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

[10] Do not waste even a minute

As mentioned earlier, there are a variety of deeds one can do. There may be days when one is busy with chores, work or commitments to family and friends. This does not mean that one does not have time to incorporate one's resolution to live Islam daily. One can make dhikr while cooking, one can memorise a du'aa while waiting for the bus, one can listen to an Islamic lecture when driving home from work… the list goes on. The bottom line? Do what you can when you can.

May Allah give us steadfastness and may He give us the best in this world and the hereafter
Ameen.

Thank you very much my beloved sister in islam. I'll print this and read it carfully

SolaceinIslam
06-06-2006, 11:26 AM

Our iman goes through stages of being very high to stages of being very low. This is normal to all of us even those with very strong Iman.

I can only re-iterate what the other brothers and sisters said in terms of ways to strengthen your iman...

* Dhikr
* Choosing pious friends
* Spending time in the company of older, wiser pious people
* Reading the Quran and pondering the meaning thereof
* Reading about the life of our Prophet and the struggles he went through
* Reading other books about our deen
* Being involved in charity work
* Fasting
* Learning more about your religion

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-06-2006, 12:05 PM
salaam... yes another one who knows excatly what ur going through but sometimes i think weak eman is a result of being lazy... or maybe thats just the case with me... i dont mean not doing ur prayers properly and so on but what other acts of worshipp you do... im at a stage now that i fearmy eamn is so weak that im constantly think that with every good deed you do u'll get closer to Allah so i think at the end of the day what have i dont to gain good deeds and wash away sins and subhnallah i got to admit im not doing very well at the moment with exams and that but i intend to and intention is really important so inshallah soon it will get better...
im not sure on the excate site name but if you go to ask.co.uk and type in Tara's tree of Islam and got to the islamic artciles and search down to tree of eman that is a collection of articles to do with eman and things and mashallah it is really good it really helped me when my eman was really low last time... (i really do think the only thing preventing my eman strengthening this time is the fact that ive become so lazy!! a oozu billah!!) well let us know how u get on with that site...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.