/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't want baby on 6.6.6

Hajar
06-06-2006, 09:22 AM
By VIRGINIA WHEELER

PREGNANT Melissa Parker is battling to have her baby induced before June 6 as she is terrified of giving birth to the DEVIL.

Superstitious Melissa said her blood ran cold when told her child was due on 06/06/06 or 666 — the number of the beast.

The mum of two is a fan of the Omen horror films and immediately started having nightmares.

Now she vows to do everything she can to avoid delivering on the fateful day. Melissa, 30, said yesterday: “When I got my due date I thought ‘Oh God, I’m giving birth to Damien from the Omen’.

Every day I wake up feeling something bad will happen. I’m terrified the birth will go wrong or the child will have evil in him or her. Even worse my beautiful baby could be the devil himself — the anti-Christ.

“I like The Omen and saw an advert for the remake. Now I’m even more worried.”

Melissa, who lives with road worker partner Lee in Caversham, Berks, has been told by Royal Berkshire Hospital that her due date cannot be changed.

She said pals LAUGH about it but insisted: “Any child born on that day will be marked for life. It’s a harrowing thought.”

A hospital spokesman said: “Due dates are not 100 per cent certain. There is little we can do to change them without a Caesarean or inducing the child, which we try to avoid.

“We must let nature take its course. The baby will be born when ready, no matter what day it is.”

The figure 666 is mentioned in the Bible and many cultures believe it represents the date the anti-christ will appear on Earth.

What do you all think of this... Why are christians so scared of the "numbers" 666 or this day as it is 6/6/06??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
06-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Try not to make sweeping statements about Christians :)

Also, you need to provide a source for the story.

I think in the Bible, 6/6/6 represents the Beast (I'm talking Biblical beast, not mutant blue Beast from the X-Men heh), but I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps one of our Christian members could clarify?

aamirsaab
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
:sl:
One time, i was six.

Hijaabi22
06-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Wats All Dat Bout?!!!!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
06-06-2006, 11:02 AM

yesterday read an article in the newspaper...mentioning about 6.6.6, something to do with christianity and a verse from the bible about a satan....later it was misinterpted...am not sure.....

:w:

Helena
06-06-2006, 11:09 AM

found an article on 6.6.6....from bbc news(internet site is http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5049516.stm)

Last Updated: Monday, 5 June 2006, 17:38 GMT 18:38 UK

Prayer vigil targets Devil's Day
A worshipper holds a cross up to the light
The Devil hates it when we worship God, say organisers
Dutch evangelical Christians are to hold a round-the-clock prayer vigil to ward off the forces of evil on Tuesday - the so-called Devil's Day.

They believe that the sixth day of the sixth month of 2006 has great significance for evil-doers and Satanists who revere the number 666.

In a bid to counteract the forces of evil, more than 2,000 Dutch Christians will hold "a violent day of worship".

They will be joined by Christians in 23 other countries, organisers say.

The reference to 666 is taken from the Biblical book of Revelation, which talks about the events leading to the end of the world.

Revelation 13:18 states: "If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

Omen launch

Behind the initiative is a Dutch evangelical organisation called Ambassadors Ministries.

On this date, Satanists will try and do many things, so we Christians try and do the opposite
Mathijs Piet
Ambassadors Ministries

Mathijs Piet, one of the organisers, told the BBC news website that the prayer marathon was to officially start at 1800 on Monday with a prayer rally in Jerusalem.

"666 is the number of the Devil and we know that on this date, Satanists will try and do many things, so we Christians try and do the opposite," Mr Piet said.

"We know the Devil hates it when we worship God."

Organisers expect at least 2,000 Dutch evangelicals to take part in the mass prayer vigil across the Netherlands.

They are not the only ones to note the significance of the date.

Film company 20th Century Fox has chosen the same date to launch its remake of the 1976 horror classic The Omen, in which a man comes to realise his son is the Antichrist.

The fear of the number 666 is known as hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia.

Get it now.....need more explanations from our christians friends...

glo
06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
There is asimilar thread already going ...

See http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...6-06-06-a.html

Peace.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Weird.

Ayesha Rana
06-06-2006, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Weird.
Yup. I feel sorry for the poor baby. Any normal mistake he/she does will count as a possessed action, like messing up at dinner time and stuff.

Muezzin
06-06-2006, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
Yup. I feel sorry for the poor baby. Any normal mistake he/she does will count as a possessed action, like messing up at dinner time and stuff.
I don't think the majority of Christians would feel that way though. It's just a date, which in this case has been hijacked by the movie studios for an 'inspired' marketing campaign (inasmuch as remaking a classic horror movie for no apparent reason can be called 'inspired').

I mean, I know a person born on the first of April, and they're not particularly prone to being made a fool of.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-06-2006, 11:51 AM
True. Man I hate superstitions.

Ayesha Rana
06-06-2006, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I don't think the majority of Christians would feel that way though. It's just a date, which in this case has been hijacked by the movie studios for an 'inspired' marketing campaign (inasmuch as remaking a classic horror movie for no apparent reason can be called 'inspired').

I mean, I know a person born on the first of April, and they're not particularly prone to being made a fool of.
Yeah but the mum was really superstisious.

virago
06-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Supposing the child was born in 6/6/6, how would s/he be treated by her/his mother?

Pk_#2
06-06-2006, 04:31 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

It's just a number chillax...in the same way 786 is just a number they don't mean nothing, and no brothers and sisters it's not judgement day (god forbid),

Allah knows best!

hehe :)

WalaykumSalaam.

Woodrow
06-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Looking back the date 06.06.06 has ocurred quite a few times already. We had June 6, of the year 6 just for beginers. Then we had the year 666, now that must have been a fun time. Strange thing tho, until the Bible was translated into English, the numbers were meaningless as in the Greek and Roman version the Numbers (remember in both languages at that time letters were used as numbers) are the acronym for the name Nero. It was long believed that that passage was in reference to Nero and was written crypticaly as Nero was Emperor of Rome at the time. It is only in English and translation from the English that they become logical as numbers. Oddly, the number system used today is the Arabic numbers. Yes they are true Arabic. The written version used in much of the Arab world is actually Farsi. Our dear old 1,2,3,4, .....etc are the original Arabic.

Salaam
06-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Salaam,

Believing that 666 gives you bad luck in SHIRK. So we muslim must not believe in this trush.

Woodrow
06-06-2006, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
Salaam,

Believing that 666 gives you bad luck in SHIRK. So we muslim must not believe in this trush.
Agreed attaching values of prophecy to numbers is numerology which is a form of fortune telling. We are told in more then one place that is a false religion. Even the Christian and Jews have warnings about fortune telling, so it strikes me as odd that they can place a prophetic messege into those numbers.

afriend
06-06-2006, 08:07 PM
lol

this is quite funny, people have been saying that when everything turns to six today (down to the second), Dajjal will come ;D

But it cud be in another 1000 years, maybe millions LOL

Pk_#2
06-06-2006, 08:08 PM
:) maybe a second :p

yasin
06-06-2006, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hajar
What do you all think of this... Why are christians so scared of the "numbers" 666 or this day as it is 6/6/06??
the woman is clearly unfit to be a mother

Pk_#2
06-06-2006, 10:26 PM
You have no right to say that.......edit bro :)

catmando
06-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Every religion has its superstitions. Can believers in Islam think of any of their own?

Crescent
06-06-2006, 11:53 PM
The day is almost over, I nothing bad has happened so far. I guess I was right when I said Christians are misguided.

snakelegs
06-07-2006, 12:02 AM
my dog died, but she wasn't a christian.

north_malaysian
06-07-2006, 04:22 AM
hundreds of chinese were married yesterday in penang and singapore. 666 is auspicious for chinese community but not 04.04.04 (444) in Chinese it means "die,die,die". 4 is taboo for chinese.

north_malaysian
06-07-2006, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
my dog died, but she wasn't a christian.
Is it Christian belief that all dogs go to heaven?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-07-2006, 04:33 AM

I personally think its much worse being born on February 29th. :X

snakelegs
06-07-2006, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Is it Christian belief that all dogs go to heaven?
i have no idea. it's a funny image though, all these dogs running around in heaven barking and being a general nuisance!

north_malaysian
06-07-2006, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

I personally think its much worse being born on February 29th. :X

Like Superman. He's born on 29th Feb

syilla
06-07-2006, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Like Superman. He's born on 29th Feb
oh i never know that!

i have few friends born on that date. But their family always celebrate my friends birthday every year.

i just can't imagine celebrate birthdays that is not in the calender. hehe

Trumble
06-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Does anybody know when she actually had the baby? I can't find it on a Google search; maybe the story wasn't followed up?

Muezzin
06-07-2006, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Does anybody know when she actually had the baby? I can't find it on a Google search; maybe the story wasn't followed up?
Or maybe it was marketing for The Omen :p

06-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I hate superstitions, and i hope the mum gets some sense - poor kid...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.