/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Proof God does not exist:

root
06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lion in a Kiev, Ukraine, zoo after he crept into the animal's enclosure.

"The man shouted, 'God will save me, if he exists,' lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions,"
the official said. "A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery."

Source:http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...9-3811fb4fd40d

Next I'll prove empirically that if I sever my jugular vein I will die. :hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Daffodil
06-06-2006, 01:12 PM
and how exactly does that proove god doesnt exist?

thats like me saying if god exists ill get a trillion pound check delivered to my door in the next five seconds. im sorry but thats just sheer stupidity.

Hijaabi22
06-06-2006, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
A man shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lion in a Kiev, Ukraine, zoo after he crept into the animal's enclosure.

"The man shouted, 'God will save me, if he exists,' lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions,"
the official said. "A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery."

Next I'll prove empirically that if I sever my jugular vein I will die. :hiding:
how.......ridiculous

Abu Zakariya
06-06-2006, 01:17 PM
This guy was probably suicidal in the first place.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahmed baker
06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Peace be upon You

Can you take a challenge, if yes read the transalation of the Qur 'an and see if u can challenge it.

Honestly and Sincerely

Also Please visit harunyahya.com

Ghazi
06-06-2006, 02:50 PM
:sl:

Guess it was his time to go remember when it's time to die it's time.

06-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Hahaahahahaha!!! ;D :giggling: Is that actually supposed to be an excuse to believe that God doesn't exist? If so how......?

aamirsaab
06-06-2006, 02:55 PM

Hahaha, freakin idiot.(that wasn't directed at root btw)

Ayesha Rana
06-06-2006, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
and how exactly does that proove god doesnt exist?

thats like me saying if god exists ill get a trillion pound check delivered to my door in the next five seconds. im sorry but thats just sheer stupidity.
Too true. It's an excuse for the ignorant.

Woodrow
06-06-2006, 03:02 PM
How does a person prove a negative? If a person ever comes up with a means of proving any statement as false, they will be the first person that has done so. In order to prove a statement false, it would be necessary to counter every arguement that it may be true.

Based on the fact that every arguement, that can be used to say a statement is true, needs to be refuted. The fact that a person can not prove a statement to be true does not prove the statement is false. For example a person believes 2 plus 2 is 4. He does not know how to prove 2 plus 2 is 4, that does not make the statement false.

Now a person can say that 2 plus 6 is 4. The fact that another person can show that 2 plus 2 is 4 only proves that 2 plus 2 is 4, it does not prove the statement 2 plus 6 equals 4 is false. There is no way that it can be proven that 2 plus 6 does not also equal 4. Not all reasons as to why it can be true can be addressed.

That is why the burdan of proof is always on the person making the statement. If I say 2 plus 6 equals 4, I must prove that is true. It can not be proven it is false.

This is one reason why a deliberate lie is so destructive. Something can be said about a person and the person can never prove it is a lie. Although the person telling the lie can not prove it as being true. The damage is done and can not be undone.

If I were to say somebody has purple hair that person can not prove they do not have purple hair. I can say that they have purple hair, but they have come up with the perfect way to conceal it.

Religous debates are so complex because most people fall into the trap of trying to prove the other person's statement is false. They then get sidetracked and fail to prove that their own statements are true.

Emotionaly nearly all of us have inner feelings that some statements are obviously false. However, we have to understand that we do not have any measurable empirical prove to say anything is false. We can only give reasons and proof why we believe something else is true.

When we have reason to believe something is true. We have to have the srength to stick with our convictions and always seek further evidence of the truth.

This does not mean we should not believe something is a falsehood. It means we must seek to counter false claims with verifiable alternatives to the falsehood. Like if somebody were to say I have purple hair. I do not need to prove that I do not have purple hair. I need only to show proof that I am nearly bald and that the remaining hairs are white.

In a religious debate. If someone makes a statement we believe is false. We do not need to attempt to disprove their statement. We need to show why what we believe is true. Then it is up to the person making the statement to consider if our proof is more plausable then their statement.

root
06-06-2006, 03:40 PM
My post was a litlle "Tongue in cheek", I think some have not realised....... Though in essence I am merely making a point but not literally.

:thankyou:

Woodrow
06-06-2006, 03:50 PM
My post was a litlle "Tongue in cheek", I think some have not realised....... Though in essence I am merely making a point but not literally.

:thankyou:
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I believe I see what your point is. If I am correct you did a service to all of us, by starting this thread.

I believe most of us are guilty of making similar type statements as refutals to other peoples arguements. Your topic was a good method of pointing out how rediculous we can sound and at the same time believe we are making perfectly clear logical statement. Shukrahn for the thread.

Does this mean you are not going to sever your jugular vein to prove your original statement? (Sorry, I couldn't resist. My odd sense of humor kicked in)

Crescent
06-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Root, here's proof God DOES exist:

http://allahexists.com/

Enjoy reading :)

wilberhum
06-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Crescent, signs are not proof. You can not prove god.

Muezzin
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I believe I see what your point is. If I am correct you did a service to all of us, by starting this thread.

I believe most of us are guilty of making similar type statements as refutals to other peoples arguements. Your topic was a good method of pointing out how rediculous we can sound and at the same time believe we are making perfectly clear logical statement. Shukrahn for the thread.
I agree. As fun as these stories are, they don't really conclusively prove God's existence either way. I prefer to just let people believe what they will.

Does this mean you are not going to sever your jugular vein to prove your original statement? (Sorry, I couldn't resist. My odd sense of humor kicked in)
Just change that word to 'justice', and you could be me!

:p

Crescent
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
I have never heard of life being created from non-living phenomenon. Mathematically, its impossible. There is a higher being.

aamirsaab
06-06-2006, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Just as you cannot disprove God.

To root: that was a freakin awesome first post. I cracked up.

wilberhum
06-06-2006, 10:53 PM
aamirsaab, of course there is no proof either way. Only people that don't know what proof is think they can to either.

Joe98
06-06-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Just as you cannot disprove God.
Go back to ancient times:

Gork and Hork the cavemen are out hunting:

Gork: "The flowers are so nice there must be a god"

Hork: "What's a god?:? "

Gork: "You can't prove there is no god"

Crescent
06-06-2006, 11:08 PM
People once believed the world was flat. Now it has been proven that the world is round. It is the burden of atheists to refute a generally accepted idea. Unless they can do that, I feel all rambling is invalid.

yasin
06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Go back to ancient times:

Gork and Hork the cavemen are out hunting:

Gork: "The flowers are so nice there must be a god"

Hork: "What's a god?:? "

Gork: "You can't prove there is no god"
is that meant to make a point???

wilberhum
06-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Crescent,
It is the burden of atheists to refute a generally accepted idea. DA! Why is it an atheist’s burden to prove you wrong? I think you have it turned around. Besides most atheists are not so stupid that they think there is any proof about anything spiritual.

root
06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
To root: that was a freakin awesome first post. I cracked up.
Some seen it as tongue in cheek, others did not.

Thanks

:giggling:

Crescent

I have never heard of life being created from non-living phenomenon.
Some people I know have never heard of "Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding" I guess by your logic it does not exist either:hiding:

Mathematically, its impossible.
Care to provide a source or are we to assume everything you say is done by engaging your brain after engaging your fingers. :rant:

There is a higher being.
I know, It's the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Source - http://www.venganza.org/ ;D

Abdul Fattah
06-07-2006, 06:45 PM
This reminds me of the babel fish.
The Babel fish is a fictional species of fish in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, who describes it like this:

The Babel fish is small, yellow and leechlike, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centers of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.

The Babel fish also triggered a joke about the existence of God, since the Babel fish was put forth as a fideist example for the non-existence of a deity:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. Q.E.D."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

PrIM3
06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
we are pretty much to believe in our hearts... not with our minds.. that is what Faith is... believing with out seeing... don't get me wrong when say this next bit... but in the Bible Jesus states---

Matthew 16
The Demand for a Sign
The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven.

He replied, "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away.

AvarAllahNoor
06-08-2006, 03:55 PM
What a ninkumpoop!

At least the lioness had fresh meat :o)

Skillganon
06-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I sometime wonder if root really exist :?

iLL_LeaT
06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I sometime wonder if root really exist :?
I know it wasn’t supposed to be, but that is a very profound question.

How do we know anything really exists?

Is the pin I’m holding really green?

Nope, it’s only how my brain interprets every color on the known light spectrum, except for green, being absorbed by the pin.

So if that is true, then does light really illuminate objects, or is it just how my brain interprets the reflection of light? Bats see by sound reflecting off of objects, not light. Does there bran’s interpret sound as illuminating objects? Do they have a since of color from sound being absorbed and reflected off of objects?

If simpler organism’s brains don’t have the ability to interoperate some things we do, like light and sound, are there more things going around us that our brain just lacks the capability to interpret?

Who knows.

x Maz x
06-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Allahu Alim :) [God knows best] hehe...
Okey well funky story breda! Gotta give it to ya, Imma read it everytime before i get ta bed *eyes rolly*..
Humorous ol' chap u r indeedo...Take care
Peace & blessings x

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-08-2006, 06:09 PM
hmmm.. dt woz sooo stupid and trus me mate u embarased urself by postn dat..

obviousli da man didnt accept God with all his heart and didnt fulfill his duties as whatever religion he woz following.. and u cant just say things lyk dat.. people (maybe athiests) who were bored juz wanted 2 make sumet up.. :?

The Ruler
06-08-2006, 06:09 PM
:lol: dat lil story craked me up!....i mean was dat man xpectin a miracle or wat?....n u fink dat proves dat God dnt exist?!....if dat is so, ur more ignorant dan i thought :rollseyes

:w:

x Maz x
06-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Lol, Bwess his linen socks, InshAllah Allah opens his eyes to haaq...Verily Allah guides whom He wills and lets lead astray whom He wills :)
Peace x

PrIM3
07-16-2006, 11:45 PM

Hey Root,

I know your not a believer or anything in a Higher being. but my faith tells me to not do one thing and of course others but I say one thing and that is not to test God.
I think that is what the guy did.. I havn't read the story though my dad tells me it all the time. and he even ask me questions like why didn't God protect him. well for one the people in the Bible were being killed for what they believed in and what they personally knew to be true. like those in the furnace. this guy took the risk on his own terms and died.
Scripture clearly says
Matthew 4:6
Throw yourself down. for it is written: He will commandhis angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
Jesus answered him, "It is also written: Do not put the Lord your God to the test."

just my thought on it

mujahedeen2087
07-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Allah has taken that man back

mujahedeen2087
07-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Allah has taken him back, goes to show this man was trying to impress people and not Allah.

Zulkiflim
07-17-2006, 04:54 AM
Salaam,

this man is weak in faith...

His challenge is to God...If you exist save me.

My question is,why should god save you when you already disbelieve?
Isnt the lion too a creation of Allah and thus Allah have now provided it a meal.

All of this is about confirmation of faith.
Weakness of faith,they want to beleive but in the core it is empty.

Thus as an act of self sacrifice they believe that they are doing good by trying to force god to CONFIRM himself.

As such these peopl will always need miracles daily to confirm their faith.,

today save me from the lion,and if he is saved...
The next day he jupms down a building,,and he is saved...

Then the next day he falls in love and ask god to prove himslf by making the woman fall for him
Or the next day he is peniless and ask god for money
Then the next day ask god for more wives
Ask god for menial things..until God is a servant.

That is why in every reliogn,god has progressed from being omnipotent to servile.

Except Islam...we are the servant ,,we are the cartakers of this world..ALLAH is the MASTER...

------
07-17-2006, 08:56 AM
My question is,why should god save you when you already disbelieve?
Isnt the lion too a creation of Allah and thus Allah have now provided it a meal.
U go akhee lol.

Except Islam...we are the servant ,,we are the cartakers of this world..ALLAH is the MASTER...
That's getting reps!

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Of course u can prove God exists! U just need to look at the miracles in the Qur'an and thats more than enough proof to show you that God exists!

PrIM3
07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
U go akhee lol.

That's getting reps!

Of course u can prove God exists! U just need to look at the miracles in the Qur'an and thats more than enough proof to show you that God exists!
your not going to win someone over just by saying "well you should believe in it because I believe in it." that wouldn't be a valid way of witnessing to people because one who doesn't believe especially me or an atheist isn't going to believe you based on what you say about the Quran.

jakhura
07-17-2006, 02:31 PM
thats no proof it's taliking bull **** about god if god does not exist who made the world with such beauty
think about it :?:? :? :? :?

bint_muhammed
07-21-2006, 10:58 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D

adeeb
07-23-2006, 02:01 PM
ok... it's basically ridiculous and childish to argue about God with that kind of story... there a lot of proof in existance of god even you are muslim or not.
just the blind hearted said there is no God , the creator of this beautiful world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.