/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No body cares about ur opinion!

Danish
05-14-2005, 10:53 PM
:sl:
I donna where exactly this thread should go, but i posted it here, fell free to have hours of fun when moving it to appropraite forum

Well, some ppl post their opinion when answering a question regarding islam/quran/shariah. Well my point is if u r NOT scholar then no body cares about ur opinion, no seriously no body does. Plz don't say "I dont think Islam would do that" or words of same effect if u r muslim. We r not the maker of the rules bro and sis, and so don't answer if u don't have knowledge

Since ur opinion don't matter please try to post Quranic verses/authentic ahadiths as much as possible when answering questions, so we get full-time reward

jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Syed
05-14-2005, 10:56 PM
So what do ya want us to post here?

Danish
05-14-2005, 11:00 PM
So what do ya want us to post here?
nofink really, just saying post authentic sources when backing ur point, cos some muslim don't do that and think they create can their own law....not talking about any1 specific, just a general overview

one more post count eh Ibn Syed ;) nice one :)

Ibn Syed
05-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Make that 2 more bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danish
05-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Make that 2 more bro.
LOL, i can just imagine akhi farhan putting his Mod badge, hurrying up and sticking a warning message...lmao

Ibn Syed
05-14-2005, 11:06 PM
So can I. :lol: LOLOLOLOLOLOL:lol: :haha:

Ibn Syed
05-14-2005, 11:06 PM
What does LOQ stand for?

Ammar
05-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Loq = Laughing Out Quietly

Bin Qasim
05-15-2005, 11:15 AM
and no body cares about ur no of posts either. :) u know what I mean. Some bros post just for increasing their no of posts, with only smileys and oneliners.
I don't think there is any award for highest poster or is there? :p if yes, do tell me. :D
:w: :brother:

Far7an
05-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Assalamu alaikum

May I please remind everyone of the following from our rules
8. Off-topic freeposts in multiple threads is very annoying please refrain from posting such comments.
By all means increase your post count, but as you can see freeposts are not allowed. Those who regularly do this have been alerted by pm, Barakallahu feekum

snipeaac
05-21-2005, 01:49 AM
I completely agree with this. People should NOT give out their opinions without Daleel.

Lateralus63
05-21-2005, 01:58 AM

i would say the contrary, if people want to disagree with a fatwa openly, let them do it, why? so we can show them the apropriate daleel, links ayats whatever, its all part of the learning process, restricting mistakes just makes us learn less.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-21-2005, 02:14 AM
I think both sides in this thread are correct. People should remember that when they make a statement without evidence it is only their opinion, but they should still post it so we can clarify the matter for them.

:w:

Danish
05-21-2005, 02:02 PM
i would say the contrary, if people want to disagree with a fatwa openly, let them do it, why? so we can show them the apropriate daleel, links ayats whatever, its all part of the learning process, restricting mistakes just makes us learn less.
no, we don't have the right to give our opinion against the rules of Allah (SWT) and Muhammed (PHUB)... e.g. there r some homosexual muslims who think homosexuality is allowed because they THINK there is nothing wrong with it, even tho its explicitly mentioned in Quran that its not allowed

u see, if everyone interprets Islam on their opinion then we will have couple of thousand versions of Islam

Lateralus63
05-22-2005, 12:40 AM

ok i said whats nessecary i wont bother starting a mini debate.

Far7an
07-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
I think both sides in this thread are correct. People should remember that when they make a statement without evidence it is only their opinion, but they should still post it so we can clarify the matter for them.

ditto

Khaldun
07-03-2005, 01:04 PM

As muslims we should always have this ayah in our mind when a decree has been made by Allah and His Messenger.

And it behoves not a believing man and a believing woman that they should have any choice in their matter when Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter; and whoever disobeys Allah and His Apostle, he surely strays off a manifest straying.

However if one wants to say anything they can politely ask, but to state an opinion as if it were a fact without daleel then this should not happen.

Sheikh Haroon
07-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Salaam Danish,

Plz don't say "I dont think Islam would do that" or words of same effect if u r muslim. We r not the maker of the rules bro and sis, and so don't answer if u don't have knowledge

Since ur opinion don't matter
Sometimes normal people can see something in the religion which scholars overlook. And also, scholars are not the makers of rules either, my friend. Only Allah makes rules. Scholars give opinions, and we are not necessarily under obligation to follow them. My sheikh has never been able to explain to me why Islam and why not Christianity, yet I can so easily cream him in that field. Remember what i said about wisdom? Knowledge is not enough, you need to have intelligence, experience and wisdom. That makes a scholar. And believe me, there are very few scholars around in today's world.

Regards

minaz
07-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Interesting Sheikh Haroon, anywho anyone on this forum can give their opinion , and if it has traits of falseness within it, it's the job of the person who sees it to ratify it

ummnoura
08-22-2005, 07:26 PM
There are people saying since we are in the west the rules of Islam change. That things Allah has forbidden are ok here. People have posted they see no problem with drinking etc. These posts may confuse the new muslim who reads them and sees some muslims say this is ok and some say it isn't. I know when i first became muslim i was confused by all the women here who only wore hijab when going to the mosque. There are alot of people out there who are looking for answers to their questions and they shouldnt be misguided by people who they themselves are misguided. Its best to leave the giving of advice to those people who know what they are talking about. Unless the person wants an opinion not a lesson.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 100:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al' As:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Allah does not take away the knowledge, by taking it away from (the hearts of) the people, but takes it away by the death of the religious learned men till when none of the (religious learned men) remains, people will take as their leaders ignorant persons who when consulted will give their verdict without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead the people astray."

TEH
08-26-2005, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl

^what he said...

On top of that, thats the whole point of a forum, you post your opinion, so what do you mean no one cares? Why else do you come on to a forum? Yes you come to learn stuff, but also to see what the people who you live amongst think....

:)

Danish
08-29-2005, 12:50 PM
^ ur opinion about islam...no about other stuff

e.g. to say somnething is okay because u think so when its haram

TEH
08-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Woah, thats different, if thats what you mean, then I agree with you...

:)

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Assalamu Alaykum
I kind of agree with brother Danish. When I first started practicing Islam I used to thnk Islam was black and white. But then as I learnt more and more I found out that not everyone agreed on any subject. But it was really up to the person to use his/her brain to decide for themselves what is the right choice. I'm not saying they should follow their desires, but rather see where the most evidence lies. And like I used to talk alot about fatwas, but now I feel that's really dangerous. I'm just a student of Islam, and I don't think it's my place to say what is halal or what is haram. If someone asks me nowadays, I just say 'such and such sheikh has said this, and I agree with him' or 'the majority if the scholars say this' and I also add'but i'm not a scholar, so don't qoute me on this'. I think this is the safe option coz you will be sinning if you say something against islam. Sorry to drag on, but anyone can feel free to correct me.
fee amanAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.