/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rules to be reconsidered? (Regarding users calling gay people 'fags')

yasin
06-06-2006, 10:06 PM
A member has publically been calling gay people 'fags'.

'Fags' is a deragotory and pathetic insult, when it is used by a Muslim it is ironic since the people that invented the term 'fag' are also the people that invented the terms '------' for all non white people.

When Crescent used it, not one user said anything which disappointed me. It REALLY angers me when Muslims fail to be aware that we live in an era where we are being watched and must be on our best behaviour more than ever since everything we say or do will be scrtunised and become sterotyped in to what the media is moulding people's perceptions of what a Muslim is.

There are non-Muslims who use this site (which makes it extra special in my opinion), those non-Muslim people may see one Muslim using homophobic terms and make the assumption that Islam is homophobic. Islam is NOT homophobic; Islam states that homosexual behaviour is a sin, but it does not state that gay people must be treated like second class citizens and insulted.

As a Sikh user pointed out perfectly, Islam preaches tolerance. So as a Muslim i condemn and apologise for Crescent's appaling and degrading use of language when describing gay people.

The fact that no moderator has said anything prior to this topic suggests to me that perhaps homophobia is allowed here; i hope a moderator can clear that up.

Good day and remember; negativity is the key to Satan's door.

Yasin

topic edited

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
06-06-2006, 10:29 PM
:sl:

I agree with you bro but you shouldn't have made it public like this remember who ever hides one sin allah will hide his on the day of judgment, a simple pm asking him to edit his post would've done fine.

yasin
06-06-2006, 10:32 PM
i understand what you're saying but it's an issue that exists outside of the topic too, it is not intended as an attack on Crescent individually as he is by no means the only person with that attitude.

Pk_#2
06-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Leave it bro...

Don't publicise his sin...because that it's self is a sin...pm a mod to remove this...this isn't the way Muslims should potray themselves..

Act kindly towards your brother inshaAllah

what ever insults he throws your way...it's hard sometimes, but we gotta learn to stop ourselves...think of it as a kind of an jihad lol

AsalamuAlaykum bro :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yasin
06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Leave it bro...

Don't publicise his sin...because that it's self is a sin...pm a mod to remove this...this isn't the way Muslims should potray themselves..

Act kindly towards your brother inshaAllah

what ever insults he throws your way...it's hard sometimes, but we gotta learn to stop ourselves...think of it as a kind of an jihad lol

AsalamuAlaykum bro :)
point taken and thank you for raising it, i have edited it

Pk_#2
06-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Removing the thread would be better that way no one will view it...

And barak Allah Fik

yasin
06-06-2006, 10:46 PM
if it's removed i will simply repost it in a different forum since it is a valid concern about Islam

Pk_#2
06-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Please don't for your own sake and the brothers

pm him inshaAllah

yasin
06-06-2006, 10:52 PM
well the topic is no longer about the user that was homophobic but is about he rules and Islam in general therefore i believe it's fair to conclude that the topic shouldnt be locked?

Pk_#2
06-06-2006, 10:54 PM
upto mods i don't decide :)

Khaldun
06-07-2006, 03:37 AM
:sl:

JazzakAllah for the reminder.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.