/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Planning Ahead...!?

Ferrari1981
06-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I was just curious would you say your a planner:

Do you plan things like interviews, the future, events, etc...

This poll excludes the fact that you rely on Allah (swt), if you misunderstand i mean apart from relying on Allah (swt) as many of you will state, do you or would you plan ahead for things such as interviews, event or conferences, things that are important... or just see how each day goes by...

Why am I asking ... well I have a mate who never plans and everytime he has to go work, interviews, etc he always does everythign last minute and most cases hes either late, unorganised or just plain cant be bothered whereas me I'm always well planned though i pray to Allah (swt) also I always plan and to this day I've never had a debt only been late a few times and never had issues of not planning...

What do you think is it worth planning? Do you plan and why? Or do you leave everything to Allah (swt) and just sit there hoping for the best...!

I hope I didnt misunderstand you guys ... as I always do!?

PLEASE VOTE and then explain

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
06-07-2006, 01:23 AM
:sl:

loq...Sometimes. I used to be really organized and stuff, but this last year or so I kinda loosened up. I meet deadlines on time, but sometimes I do end up waiting till the last minute. So much fun to be under pressure.

Nah, I do like being organized. I'm more productive that way... *nods*

Woodrow
06-07-2006, 03:25 AM
At one time I was very highly organized and did nearly everything according to schedule.I spent much of my life by the clock. If somebody were to name a date and time 3 months in the future I could pretty accuratly tell where I would be and what I would be doing.

Now my life is different. I wake up when I wake up. I go to bed when I go to bed. I eat when I am hungery. The only thing that is according to schedule is the prayer times.

But, my life is much different now. I no longer can drive a car. I can no longer properly clean my own house any more. I need to rely on family for many things I was once very independant about.

syilla
06-07-2006, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
At one time I was very highly organized and did nearly everything according to schedule.I spent much of my life by the clock. If somebody were to name a date and time 3 months in the future I could pretty accuratly tell where I would be and what I would be doing.

Now my life is different. I wake up when I wake up. I go to bed when I go to bed. I eat when I am hungery. The only thing that is according to schedule is the prayer times.

But, my life is much different now. I no longer can drive a car. I can no longer properly clean my own house any more. I need to rely on family for many things I was once very independant about.
I am happy that you have a family to help you with. My mother is a occupational therepist...so from small i was teached to be independent. I was exposed to all sorts of people(her patients especially the disable ones). And my mother is quite tough...i mean really tough...hehe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aljawaad
06-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Well i used to prepare for things like interviews and all but now i fink i really do. Just yesterday i went on an interview n i didtn prepare anything lol. I sumtymes say to myself "ok why bother, we'll see when the tym has come..." Lol i know its no dats its not quite intelligent but i prefer facing such situations quickly rather than preparing and being tensed.

glo
06-07-2006, 02:57 PM
I had to choose 'sometimes', because 'always' wouldn't be true.

But 'mostly' or 'often' would describe me better in this respect.

Peace.

amirah_87
06-08-2006, 04:04 PM
i plan ahead of time "always"....i'm not gonna state why, it's not ridiculous but u might think so...:p :p

chacha_jalebi
06-08-2006, 05:04 PM
i voted for never :D

me jus goes wit d flow :p

its like that saying "cross the brigde when it comes" i think my uncle sed dat:embarrass lol naaa but goin with d flow is easier & better!! :D

Ferrari1981
11-03-2006, 12:07 AM
lol @ go with the flow how do you manage that then!

everyone plans trust me... you never think about what you want to do tomorrow!?

haha

Dahir
11-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Far. Too. Much.

I've already got my retirement plans under way and I'm 16.

imsad

habiibti
11-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Dahir , no offence but that is scary.

well as for me,i plan sometimes but only for things which require really planning,but not for everything

Al-Zaara
11-06-2006, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferrari1981
lol @ go with the flow how do you manage that then!

everyone plans trust me... you never think about what you want to do tomorrow!?

haha
LOL I actually don't care what I'm going to do tomorrow.
I always plan it when that day comes. :p This for more usual things of course.

Ehh... Well, it depends actually... It has happened I've had BIG & IMPORTANT projects to do in different school subjects, and I'd have like 4 weeks to do them, I always wait for the day before the deadline... lol :p And guess what?! Everytime I've done it like this I ALWAYS, I swear, get an A! And what happens with those things I plan like weeks before and am ready right in time? I just get B's. :'(

Oh well, I've realised I like pressure. :p It makes me creative and productive. And the result is always, alhamdulillah, perfect. :coolious: Just like its creator, moi. :D lol j/k

lol @ Bro Dahir!!! ;D Loosen that rope around your neck!!! Haha ;D

:w:

Helena
11-06-2006, 06:58 PM
erm am actully not a person who plans ahead...simply forget the past and try to learn from my past.....and dnt think about the future.....and act upon the present times....

am good with meeting deadline for uni and stuff....but other then that..i do not orginise my day....wot will be done each hour...thats like a obsession...jus go with the flow inshalah...and think twice before taking a step...

wot will happen 2moro, nxt day, nxt year, the nxt minute...will jus leave it to Allah(swt)...woteva good/bad things occurs in my life...its the will of Allah(swt)....life is a trial...a test...

Kittygyal
11-06-2006, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i voted for never :D

me jus goes wit d flow :p

its like that saying "cross the brigde when it comes" i think my uncle sed dat:embarrass lol naaa but goin with d flow is easier & better!! :D
Assalamualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

it true Chcah go wiv de flow is beta dan plnin ahead ya colio :D LD

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah!
walikumassalam warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

no1_outbider
11-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Salam!

I apparently do plan everything!Mostly taking the help of allah even if it requires additional praying as in a number of time a specific verse from the quran or a surah!ETC.

And mostly well always it has worked out!So alahmdullaih that has just strenghten my imaa'n that one should always take the help if allah and then procede!

Pk_#2
11-06-2006, 09:25 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

yes indeed, i plan all the time, but i'm beggining to see a pattern, " i'm a last minute girl "

hehe :p

Tc!

limitless
11-06-2006, 09:29 PM

I voted for always.

Reasons behind that is, I had to always rely upon myself, my family and brothers never ever bothered with me. I plan everything, how things are to be done, what steps are to be taken, how to attain a certain goal. I am very organized. This is due to the way I was brought up, I never learned anything from my father, never even felt what is father love. In short, I do everything with accordance to date, month, time, and step-by-step to accomplish tasks. I am very punctual and able to manage and use my time wisely and effectively. :)

Pk_#2
11-06-2006, 09:30 PM
way to go, wah can i say, i never get things done (@ da right time), so mashaAllah bro :)

Salmaan
11-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Neither do I live in the past.....nor in the future....instead, I live in the present....

Qurratul Ayn
11-08-2006, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

I voted for always.

Reasons behind that is, I had to always rely upon myself, my family and brothers never ever bothered with me. I plan everything, how things are to be done, what steps are to be taken, how to attain a certain goal. I am very organized. This is due to the way I was brought up, I never learned anything from my father, never even felt what is father love. In short, I do everything with accordance to date, month, time, and step-by-step to accomplish tasks. I am very punctual and able to manage and use my time wisely and effectively. :)

:salamext:

Masha'Allah Ta'ala!! That is very godd to read Brother limitless!! And I am sure there are many other Brothers and Sisters who are like you always planning ahead,

I am like that sometimes, (that is why I voted sometimes!), and I shall try Insha'Allah Ta'ala to become klike that fully as being organised and planning ahead is always helpful and can benefit alot in the future.

:salamext:
Qurratul Ayn

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.