/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Follow Jesus (as) of Paul?

Isa Abdullah
06-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Are you a follower of Jesus Christ, or a disciple of Paul? Here is a question. What is the one thing that most Christians do, and if they don't do it, they feel guilty. The answer is go to church. Christians have been mind controlled into thinking that they must go to church to be a real Christian and to please God. Yet when people go to church, they never really learn anything about Christ Jesus and God. They sing a few happy songs, shake hands, and yell out "Amen!" But is this truly walking with God? To walk with God means we must learn from Him and this is not what is happening in the churches.

The churches of today are built upon the doctrines of Paul. So do we never question his writings and blindly follow him? What if I told you that you must believe everything I write in this article or be accursed forever. What if I were to tell you my authority comes from Jesus Christ who appeared to me in a vision while driving along the highway. What if I were to also say stay away from those that question my gospel. Well you would have this article in the delete bin in no time at all! Paul says the same things, and they give their lives to his every word, yet Paul has no regard for Jesus' teachings or the role of women in his churches.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isa Abdullah
06-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Sorry,

The thread is : "Follow Jesus or follow Paul?"

Crescent
06-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Follow Jesus, abandon Paul.

Isa Abdullah
06-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Jesus while on earth never instructed His disciples or the Apostles to go around and build churches. Why is because all believers are the true Church and Bride of Christ. (Christians). Christianity is an organism and not an organization. Jesus never told anyone to start churches all over the country and then Lord over them with decrees that you see Paul do. Paul planted "his" churches and then pontificated over them through letters known as the Epistles. In these letters he instructs "his" churches on how to act, think, and do according to his endless instructions. When you read through Paul's dictates, you will soon notice that he never elaborates on the teachings of Jesus, but only on his endless commentaries of decrees. In fact he never builds upon the sayings of Christ and establishes his own teachings. No wonder he begs us to follow him! All he teaches about Jesus is Christ crucified.

"But even if we (Paul and his followers) or an angel from Heaven preach a gospel to you beside what we preached to you, let him be accursed (damned)". Gal 1:8 Again, this is the same thing Jehovah's Witnesses say if members should dare to question their doctrine. Members that do are told they will suffer untold horror from the the battle of Armageddon. Paul says you will go to hell for questioning his doctrine. This is the same man who preached love.
Paul preached the heresy that we could be saved on the bases of faith alone without works. If we love God we will keep his commandments. Paul paints a picture of us being free from the law because of Jesus' sacrifice. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jesus came to fulfill the law and to empower us with His Holy Spirit so that we can keep the law. Yet Paul says, "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds (works) of the law." Rom 3:28 Elsewhere he sates that God "...imputes righteousness without works." Rom 4:6 Paul is saying here that salvation is through faith alone and that we do not need works such as works repentance and works of righteousness. Jesus says, "And why do you call Me Lord, Lord, and do not do what I say?" Luk 6:46
Paul goes on to preach that Jesus Christ was cursed of God. This is sheer heresy and demonic. Only the spirit of antichrist says Jesus was or is cursed."Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree..." (Gal 3:13) Was Jesus Christ accursed? Let us look at just one example of Paul manipulating scripture out of context to prove "his" doctrine.

"And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree: His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled." Deut 21:22,23 The context of this is that it is talking about criminals and has nothing to do with prophecy as Paul tries make it out to be. Many times Paul strips OT scripture out of context to prove his strange doctrine. But does he quote the words of Jesus to prove his point? Never.

I have been attending a Bible study and analyzing the points in which I see a difference.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isa Abdullah
06-06-2006, 11:47 PM
According to Galatians, James the brother of Jesus (as) is cursed because he preaches "another gospel." Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham justified by works when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by his works was made perfect?" (James 2:19-22)
"You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only." James 2:18-24 James was an follower of the Messiah and brother to Jesus (as). He walked with Jesus (as)for a number of years and was taught directly from Jesus himself.

Paul on the other hand studied with no man, and never walked with Jesus, and claimed he was given all knowledge in a quick vision given to him by the Lord. Paul's says, "...knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified." Gal 2:16

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.